[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

At what age to men start to be called Sir everywhere they go

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

At what age to men start to be called Sir everywhere they go and is it strictly just whether the subject looks much older than 21 or more nuanced? If a younger person but that is an adult calls you sir are they somehow saying there's a parallel where you are not one "of them" for instance?
>>
When you have the authority to be called sir.
>>
when you gain the respect

you might be in your 50s and if you will act like an idiot people will call you idiot
>>
I first got called sir at 19 while working as a sales manager.

shit startled me.

but in usa, unless the person is an obvious juvenile, like near pubescent, you'll hear sir in a customer service capacity all the time.
>>
>>42012631
I'm 23 and been get called sir all the time and even had a teenage girl say "make way for that man" to her friends when walking past.

tfw still get asked for ID at pubs (They have to if you look under 26 in straya)
>>
>>42012712
I was all excited yesterday for a night on the town and the first club I went to with a friend the doorman started calling me sir, then had the audacity to tell me to have fun inside after gutting me like that, well now I don't know about you but if this shit continues I'm just going to start replying back "don't call me Sir, you're a sir."
>>
I am 24, I get called sir all the time now. Rarely people still call me boy or young man or sth. I think the first time I heard it was at 18yo, then I gradually heard it more often.
>>
On an kind-of-related note, did any of you call your Dad ‘Sir’ growing up?
>>
>>42012733
If you were/are in the military, you can say "Don't call me sir, I work for a living". You can still say it regardless, but you'll look like an edgy tryhard fag
>>
>>42012972
You'd look like an edgy tryhard fag regardless.
>>
>>42012989
>t. officer
>>
You get called "sir" by

1. younger men who don't see you as a peer.
2. younger women who see you as too old for sexual consideration.
3. someone who is physically or socially intimidated by you.
4. a cop who is about to whoop your ass if you don't do what he says.
5. someone who doesn't know your name but wants to make a point or ask you a question.
6. someone you outrank in conservative social environments such as in the military, academic, legal, or business.
7. someone who is mocking you by saying it ironically.

I think that about covers it.
>>
>>42012663
Thsi.

30 yo, corporate exec here
When I'm in a suit, a put on my "manager persona" I get Sir'ed to the point people are kind of anxious around me, younger or older, no change.

When I'm chilling in flip-flop and boardshorts, being my more "natural persona", very laid back and informal, kids call me dude, and old ladies "young man"

Clothes are a big part, but it's mostly how you hold yoursel, look at people, the tone of your voice. If your project authority, you are SIr regardless of age.

On the other hand, past 40-45, you're more or less bound to be Sir, regardless of anything else.
>>
File: 1498108368426.jpg (62KB, 523x473px) Image search: [Google]
1498108368426.jpg
62KB, 523x473px
>>42013167
>tfw got a lisp and will probably never get called Sir even though I'm 22
>>
>>42012631
fit related
>>
>>42013059
8. Customer service reps doing their job
9. Kinky sluts with daddy issues
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.