[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Meal Prep Thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

File: mealprep.jpg (235KB, 1280x853px) Image search: [Google]
mealprep.jpg
235KB, 1280x853px
Its Sunday! What are you all making for your food this week?

I made roasted onions, carrots, and grape tomatoes combined with a slow cooker recipe of Kidney Beans, Chicken and Jackfruit in a bbq base sauce.

I have no idea what I am doing but it smells fucking great.
>>
>>42009868
Any recipes? I'd like to try my hand at meal prep
>>
>>42009868
This week:

>5 lbs of chicken breast, slow cooked in the crockpot with teriyaki sauce
>1.5 cups of dry quinoa, cooked with lemon butter seasoning and home grown saffron from my brown friend's family
>12 oz of steamed broc florets with "tuscan" seasoning

Gonna make 4 meals out of this, with a couple chicken breasts left over.

Dinner will probably salmon fillets with some Green Giant brand steamed veggies. I'm cooking those each night.

Brekky is gonna be shakes. 1 serving myprotein mass gainer, 1 serving mp whey, milk/almond milk, ice cubes, 2 tsp of intant coffee, 1 tbsp of coconut oil. Blend it and goooooo
>>
>>42009868
Rice, salsa, and ground pork since I'm not a Muslim queer or a kike.
>>
>>42009868
He doesn't meal prepping two weeks in advance. It's like you are trying to not make it.
>>
i cant do meal prep, i just get so bored of food in general

i prefer just hitting calorie/macro goals every day and not worrying about individual meals. i had a green salad with olives and feta and some moroccan couscous for lunch and it was pretty good.
>>
here's a place to post this, what's some protein powder that doesn't taste like fucking trash?
>>
>>42009868
Just grilling loads of shit for the week. Dem holiday gains
>>
>>42010023
shit ton of veggies, a protein, and potentially a carb. Im trying to limit carbs currently so I am adding more vegetables and limiting my brown rice.

In addition to this learn how to spice stuff, it will make things taste way better and not affect your caloric count too much

>>42010053
Sounds decent, I would up your vegetables though seems kinda low

>>42010189
Solid, needs more vegetables though

>>42010215
I get bored after one week so I change it up at times and I also dont have a whole lot of room in my fridge for all that food

>>42010243
To each their own but I find that this method helps my wallet gains immensely rather than succumbing to the temptation of going out for food

>>42010297
Depends on what youre mixing it with as well, if its just water thats boring as shit. I find almond milk works well since I am lactose intolerant

>>42010305
Fuck yeah, what kinda food you cooking?
>>
>>42009868
I made dinner, then I ate it, because I'm not a sperg.
>>
>>42009868
How is OP's picture...used? I eat one of those a day?
>>
>>42010558
Yes, my friend. Most people typically eat them for lunch to keep from eating retarded shit with their coworkers.
>>
File: 1353013221779.jpg (147KB, 888x641px) Image search: [Google]
1353013221779.jpg
147KB, 888x641px
I haven't done meal prep in a while 'cause I fell off the wagon.

Got my DXA scan results this weekend, and I'm feeling pumped to get back into it.

I love cooking in general, so obviously I can't be doing generic shit 5 days a week.

I have advice for anyone looking to do this:
MIX IT UP.

Here's what I'll normally do on a Sunday (with tons of variation of course):
I will pick 2-3 types of meat preparation (for me this is usually a mix of the following: BBQ, Crock pot cooking, fish, grilling, etc).
The key for meat is knowing what you like and doing the prep work ahead of time. If I'm doing some chicken breast for instance, that shit is boring as fuck if you don't prep it or do it right. Marination and brine are your absolute friends here. Do it the day before if you can.

Then again, for veg I'll pick 2-3 or more of my favorite vegetables.
Only thing to remember here is they way you cook them makes a difference in their nutritional quality and I believe it goes something like this:
RAW > baked > stove-top > steamed > boiled
Seriously, never boil your vegetables, you have to be fucking kidding me.

I don't think too much about the carb. It's gotta go with what I'm making. Usually rice, sometimes pasta, sometimes I go with Potatoes of some kind - not sure how this rates as a carb though.

I'm here for new ideas, so if anyone has exp with meal prep I'd like to hear it.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.