[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Question for /fit/. Do i have to kick my smoking habit to lose weight?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 2

File: images.jpg (11KB, 293x172px) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
11KB, 293x172px
Question for /fit/. Do i have to kick my smoking habit to lose weight?
>>
>>42008988
if you are a smoker you will automatically gain significant weight when you stop if you are like most people
>>
>>42008988
Most people I know gain weight after quitting. But you should quit because it's awful for you. Just don't be a fat cunt about it
>>
File: 14124152421.jpg (40KB, 430x344px)
14124152421.jpg
40KB, 430x344px
>>42008988
Switch to Snus, Dip or vaping. Nicotine is an appetite suppressant and helps with weightless.
>>
>>42009024
oh cmon bro, only if he starts eating like an american.
>>
Swap to cigars or pipes instead and stop inhaling the smoke.
>>
you will likely gain weight if you quit, but you should anyway because you'll feel much better and your workouts will be more productive. Smoking is a nasty habit. Give that shit up.
>>
>>42009039
They do, because they swap one addiction to another
>>
>>42009024
I switched to camping for a few years and I just quit that with no weight gain yet.
>>
Friendly reminder that the longest living human ever smoked from the age of 21 to 117

Get angry at me please
>>
>>42009044
>Switch to Snus, Dip or vaping

>Go from cigs to jaw cancer or breathing synthetic chemicals into your lungs at all times

Great plan
>>
>smoking
>makes you more masc
>kills estro
>gives you higher iq
>more hollow cheeks
>protects against cancer
>kills undesirable gut bacteria for ideal gut flora
Why would you not smoke Tbh?
>>
>>42009024
smoking literally burns calories??
>>
>>42009109
Tip your fedora somewhere else.
Appetite is a factor. A big factor. Probably the biggest for most people.
>>
Op here. One reason why I smoke is to curb my cravings. I decided to stop eating like a dumpster and get rid of soda. I plan to get a pipe. Ive been trying to get in the habit of walking a few miles a day. Its a rocky start because im a shut in who never liked to exercise. My wake up call was my doc telling me i just hit the obese level on the basic BMI chart. I dont want to be a fat cunt
>>
>>42009079
Most of the people who break 100 are tobacco smokers (cigars, pipes or cigarettes)
>>
>>42009149
>citation needed
>>
>>42009165
http://lmgtfy.com/?q=most+people+over+100+are+smokers
>>
>>42009165
>>42009263
Also here's one about U.K. And Japanese

Lessons in Longevity: Growing Life Spans Pose Social, Ethical and Economic Dilemmas Hartford Courant. Published October 21, 2009. Accessed January 9, 2010.
>>
>>42009149
Can you explain how cigarettes give cancer?

Does cigars is bad for yout health?

I like cigars and i brought a toro (6*50) 20 pack sampler from Thompsoncigars
>>
Smoking raises your BMR by a negligible amount (less than 6%). It curbs appetite though. You'll gain weight if you have no self control and replace smoking with cake
>>
>>42009376
>cigarettes give cancer
They just "correlate" with cancer ;^)
>>
>>42009376
The act of combustion is a factor, as well as the chemical additives, as well as putting smoke(carcinogens) into your lungs.

But for those old people in the studies i haven't found whether they inhale the smoke or just puff on it cigar or pipe-style.

Of course cigars and pipe tobacco will naturally be better than cigarettes due to the fact that they use higher quality tobacco, little to no chemical additives, and you aren't inhaling the smoke(for cigar/pipe)

Look up the "Surgeon General Smoking Results" you'll see moderate cigar and pipe smokers live LONGER in some studies, or show no differences to non-smokers in others.
>>
>>42009084
>synthetic chemicals

As opposed to what?

Literally everything is composed of "muh chemicals"
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.