[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>redpill me on cardio

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 2

File: IMG_1536.jpg (70KB, 480x600px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1536.jpg
70KB, 480x600px
>redpill me on cardio
>>
Its 4 fags
>>
>>42002768
Do a half hour as a warm up.
>>
>>42002768
It's boring as fuck. I queue up youtube videos to watch while I hit the treadmill.
>>
It makes you better at running.
>>
>>42002804
What are you "warming up"?
>>
>>42002819
This is what's stopping me from doing cardio.
I used to run through the boredom (4 days a week), but the last 2 years it's unbearably boring.
>>
>>42002819
It's fun when you're outside, can't stand the treadmill
>>
>>42002804
>half hour
>warm up

<-- imagine there's a picture of a miserable frog here
>>
>>42002941
just shadow box on treadmil; while listening to the singles from the different Rocky movies
>>
>>42002902
I've been listening to podcasts while running, it works for me.
>>
>>42002768
I was really sedentary before I started lifting.

I bought into the whole "cardio is for fags meme" and focussed on lifting. The wake up call for me is when I found I could bench 2pl8, but three reps in, I was gasping for air and breathing like a retard.

I know a lot of people who spent a lot of their school years playing football and simply don't have this problem. But I've certainly improved all around since doing some once a week jogging.
>>
cardio kills gains.

If you need cardio, shorten the rest time between sets.

>>42003221
You probably need to be more active in general if you are gasping for air after benching.

First of all, make sure you breathe while you lift.

Second of all, theres a difference between running 30+ miles a week, vs doing light activity everyday for about an hour.

If you run a lot, you need more calories. While its pretty much pointless for cutting, running at high intensities( you should be breathing hard and running at about 80% of max speed ) for about 10-15 minutes is great for building endurance.

You don't need to do cardio on a treadmill, just pick up a sport like soccer or basketball.
>>
>>42002768
High intensity cardio is the only one that gives results fast (and oddly enough the one that has the lowest chance of resulting in injury)

It also improves strength gains from your other workouts.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sqT3Y8WIJfk&ab_channel=IrakiNutrition
>>
>>42003221
Lifting heavy tires you m8, I play Rugby and swim shitloads in the week and honestly the intensity of 4pl8 5x5 squat is way more.

Not trying to say you shouldn't do cardio just saying it's normal to breath heavy after lifting heavy unless 2pl8 is your warm up or something
>>
>>42003346
HIIT on the indoor rower is god-tier
>>
>>42002768
People have, and will, come up with massive amounts of reasons and excuses why they don't "need" to or don't "have" to do more than 10-20 minutes of cardio at a time. But the fact is that it's very good for you, and if you can't up and do a 6+ mile run at any given moment, you're not really in shape.
>>
>>42002768
Who are you quoting?
>>
>>42002768
IT EATS YOUR GAINS BRO! DONT DO IT!
>>
>>42002804
That's a great way to ruin your performance
>>
File: 1498155437263.jpg (23KB, 400x541px) Image search: [Google]
1498155437263.jpg
23KB, 400x541px
>>42002804
30 minutes, fuck you. I run 200m to the gym and go straight to the skwats. Every single fucking time, because I fell for the SL 5x5 meme. Goddamnit my legs hurt.

Who does 30 minutes warm up? Nigger, 30 minutes is a workout.
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.