[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Pullovers

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

File: pullovers-muscles-worked.png (379KB, 666x438px) Image search: [Google]
pullovers-muscles-worked.png
379KB, 666x438px
Is the dumbbell pullover the most underappreciated exercise there is? It hits your lats, upper chest, serratus, and triceps in ways that I have trouble feeling with other exercises. I've recently fallen in love with supersetting these after bench press.

Does /fit/ like pullovers? What kind do you do?
>>
Too much movement you'll be gassed pretty fast
>>
>>41999721
t. Powerlifter
>>
>>41999686
Only started doing pullovers recently, but I noticed it really helps my comically flat upper chest beef up against my fat muscle titties.
A+ exercise for this alone imo.
>>
Nice sandals, fag.
>>
My question: do you do them like pic related, or do them perpendicular to the bench with your upper back on the bench? I think there's an example of it on exrx.com, makes you work a lot more of your core
>>
>>41999935
Pic related is way more comfortable
>>
>>41999686
Good for the serratus
>>
Yeah, it's not the most natural feeling exercise but once you get the mind muscle connection down you'll learn to love it. Feels great.
>>
>>41999686

I do pullovers solely for the serratus work. The other muscles it hits are just a bonus.
>>
>>41999686

make sure you squeeze the fuck out of your pecs at the peak of the lift.
>>
>>42000273
>the mind muscle connection

Pure bullshit.
>>
>>41999686

>those high performance lifting sandals
>>
File: 1417603206779.jpg (34KB, 370x268px) Image search: [Google]
1417603206779.jpg
34KB, 370x268px
>>41999758
>Not working out in sandals
>>
>>41999935
I do them perpendicular to the bunch and I feel the core working hard
>>41999749
If you feel it in your chest your doing plain pull overs. The bent arm variant will place more work (if not all the work) on the lats. I prefer the bent arm variant since I feel I'd risk to fuck up the rotator cuffs if something slips otherwise
>>
>>42000826
spoken like a true dyel
>>
This exercise worries me cuz what if I drop the dumbbell on me.
>>
>>41999686

Also one of my favorites lately. I try to not hold on to the bench with my legs, even sticking my legs in the air a bit, which works the core a lot, as well. But it's tradeoff because the core then becomes quite tired, possibly before the back.
>>
>>42001122
use an ez bar
>>42001169
>legs in air to eliminate leg drive
absolutely barbaric
>the core is weaker than my lats
one more reason to work it out
>>
>>41999758

Fuck, beat me to it.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.