[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Newfag here, general advice?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

File: 067Machoke_AG_anime.png (36KB, 646x776px) Image search: [Google]
067Machoke_AG_anime.png
36KB, 646x776px
And yes, I did read the sticky, I looked at the guide. I'd like some more info onto what is best for me though.

I'm around 150 pounds roughly. I'm also 5'6"
>inb4 manlet
I know, I don't wanna get in shape to pick up women, I wanna get in shape to make myself healthier and also able to hold my own in a fight. The university I attend has a gym avaliable to all students, and I fucking pay for it in my tuition anyways so I might as well use it, I pay for it whether I use it or not.

I'm not really obese or super fat, but I do have a bit of flab I don't like. What would /fit/ recommend I do first, the fat loss diet? Or should I go into the muscle gains diet first since my fat isn't THAT bad?

Also I've never really worked out before and am pretty damn weak, what would /fit/ recommend for a starting workout? Also, general motivation tips.
>>
>>41998291
>what would /fit/ recommend for a starting workout?
Our recommendations are in the sticky, you faggot.

>I do have a bit of flab I don't like. What would /fit/ recommend I do first, the fat loss diet?
Lose the weight
>>
>>41998498
I did see those, but anything more specific?

Also, general motivational tips? I saw the thing about writing down your progress, but any other tips on how to stay motivated and persevere?
>>
>>41998530
>anything more specific?
StrongLifts or Starting Strength
>>
>>41998530
That's all the specificity you'll need. Do a beginner program and lose the extra weight if you so desire.
>motivational tips
Just do the above and you'll see.
That's all you need to know.
>>
>>41998530
Dont do SS, make your own routine and you will have better results than SS
>>41998291
This is the wrong place to ask for advise, most people here are just shitposters and some are gays that just want to see naked men
>>
>>41998530
> Also, general motivational tips?

Take a picture of yourself right now in your truest (worst) form. This means no flexing, just let everything go. Then, when you begin losing more weight, take a look at it again. You'll begin to see such a huge difference between the two that it will motivate you. Especially when you think about cheating, just keep looking at that fat picture of yourself and that should be motivation enough to keep going. If it isn't, well, then you are a lost cause.
>>
>>41998291
>hold my own in a fight
If you want to get better at fighting, you should join a martial arts gym. You're not going to get huge, but as long as you're eating right, I guarantee you'll lose fat and tone up.
>>
>>41998627
Those cost extra money though. I already have access to a gym I'm forced to pay for whether I use it or not
>>
>>41998530
>general motivation tips?
Leave humanity behind. Eat big. C'mon!
>>
>>41998581
And some are shitskins that live in a shitty country and eat nothing but shakes full of useless sugar like this poor island boy right here.

>>41998291
OP lose the fat before you go full autismo and try to bulk. If you bulk right now youll look like shit and youll end up demotivated and fat. Lose the weight doing SS or SL but SS is perfectly fine for a beginner. Start everything at bar and work your way up. Add a cardio day on sunday that has jogging and or sprints.

Modify SS so that after each workout you workout arms and shoulders.
buy food scale and actually weigh your food
buy a scale and track your progress.

Diet down to 12% or 10% bf and then bulk. Get TDEE and -500 of that.
>>
>>41998627
>tone up
>>
>>41998627
If he wants to get better at fighting he should grow 6" taller
>>
>>41998982
What the fuck am I supposed to do faggot, take growth hormone pills? A buff manlet is still better in a fight than a weak manlet
>>
>>41999043
kek only buzzing with ya m8, seriously though I would lose the fat first, then bulk.
>>41998817 is on the money.
If you want to get better at fighting then yeah I'd join a proper fighting gym. Muscle and strength might give a bit of an edge against someone completely untrained, but honestly 6 months of boxing would serve you better than 6 years of lifting in that regard.
>>
>>41998581
oh look, it's the "i'm not a newfag, i've been lifting for three months" guy giving advice again
just fuck off
>>
>>41998817
triggered?
>>41999623
no
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.