[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Supplements

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3

File: brains-are-the-new-tits-5.jpg (713KB, 2000x3000px) Image search: [Google]
brains-are-the-new-tits-5.jpg
713KB, 2000x3000px
I wanna try and experiment with supplements to see if I can get any benefit to my physical activity and my mental health (the latter mostly).

I usually feel a bit like shit during the winter, so I was planning to start implementing these things around septermber-october after getting some blood tests done.

So far I picked
>vitamin d3 (influences serotonin production, improving mood and cognition)
>fishoil (looking for an integrator that has omega-3-6-9, antinflammatory, good to fight depression symptoms and other useful shit)
>vitamin b12 (affects production of serotonin)
>vls3 probiotics (improves gut health)

I'll wait to get the test done before taking everything, messing with serotonin levels can be dangerous so I might end up taking either b12 or d3 vitamins.

Any input?
Anything else I might benefit from?
Is there a cure for autism?
>>
>>41995994
solid stack, but take k2 with your d3
>>
File: reallyneattestthing.jpg (2MB, 1968x3704px) Image search: [Google]
reallyneattestthing.jpg
2MB, 1968x3704px
>>41995994
yea, take this

https://pastebin.com/LYmqmLRP

also go to examine.com and browse the different categories.
>>
File: 61du2WVCDVL.jpg (81KB, 500x357px) Image search: [Google]
61du2WVCDVL.jpg
81KB, 500x357px
>>41996045
I actually started experimenting with the Wim Hof method that calls for daly cold exposure,
even with only that I've noticed a decent mood boost, I'm more determined to do stuff and more focused generally.
I've read around that this method releases hormones in your bloodstreams and shit,
I just do it because it makes me feel amazingly good.

Also I started having my meals in a 9-10h window,
apparently your digestive enzymes are activated with the first thing you eat in the morning and then are active for 12h, anectodally having meals when these are in the most efficient status improves endurance and lean muscle mass gain.
sauce: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-R-eqJDQ2nU

I've had sort of a crash a week ago when I felt like a depressed shit, but I suspect that's because I drastically cut my carbs consumption.

>>41996019
I'll look into it, at the moment I think I have 3 products that covers all I want except for the fish oil.
I might throw in a multivitaminic for good measure because why the fuck not, pic related.
>>
>>41995994
any of you tried carnitine? is it worth it?
>>
>>41996436
I was planning to put it in my stack but it's kind of expensive.
>>
consider non-flushing niacin for your stack
>>
>>41995994
Examine.com and roguehealthandfitness.com are where I get all my supplement info
>>
>>41996381
Your 9-10 window sounds a lot like intermittent fasting. The cold exposure I know very little about. But yea, you shouldnt cut your carbs out, but you should switch to complex ones. All simple ones are basically shit, for the rest of your crap, I guess keep doing what you are doing. No other comment, use the site if you want to want to know more about stuff, but realize that many advertised stuff of which you may think has 50% effect on you. Barely usually even has 1% effect. The site somewhat reflect this.

But the accumulated effects can be pretty grande and for dollar, some substances are cheaper and will give you the best % for your buck.

Like do you want to boost your immune system and get less sick with smaller durations? Garlic will help you, if you dont want to eat it every day get these very cheap pills
>>
>>41996751
>But yea, you shouldnt cut your carbs out, but you should switch to complex ones

My plan was to try a keto diet, but I live in Italy so... yeah.

>But the accumulated effects can be pretty grande and for dollar, some substances are cheaper and will give you the best % for your buck.
I've been looking at a few products and I realized that considering the portion sizing they're not really worth it,
I'd end up spending up to 100€ every other week.
I wonder if I can get the basic nutrients for cheaper somewhere and mixing them on my own.
>>
>>41996931
Protein is cheap and it promotes lean body mass. Cheaper than meat even and you do need a lot to make muscle mass.

Otherwise, yea, a lot of ingredients, not all, like curcumin, when factory processed are cheaper than the food.

Technically speaking, you could "Eat" more diverse with these specific supplements. Garlic for example is much cheaper in pill form. Could think of a few others but you would have to look locally. How big of a dose for effects you need, if its substantiated by research, what the cost is. Its a very giant calculation that you have to put into your head if you want to reap all the percentages.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.