[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

New /Routine General/ Old one >>41958992 Share your lifting

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 251
Thread images: 35

File: fit gslp.png (37KB, 700x600px) Image search: [Google]
fit gslp.png
37KB, 700x600px
New /Routine General/
Old one >>41958992
Share your lifting routine and ask questions you may have about exercises and programming

Some quick info for beginners

>#1: Read the Sticky

>If you are just getting started, a proven and popular program is always going to be better than something you came up with, save yourself the time and headaches
>If you still don't know what to do, SS, SL, Reg Park's, ICF or any Linear Progression Strenght program based on the big 3 lifts will be ok

>Wanna get into Powerlifting? Canditoe's 12 week program is your best bet
>Want some more aesthetics? Look into Greyskull LP, it's a template you can customize, the book's pdf is pretty easy to get. Pic related is a popular version

>Bodyweight exercises, while not the best for muscle gain, are a good gauge to know if you're gaining too much fat too quickly. If your Rows and DL are progressing but your pullups are laggin behind, chances are you gotta cut back on the milk and oats

>Unless you're pretty advanced, Cut/Bulk is not really needed, just stay at a sensible bf%, eat healthy food you're gonna be ok

>"Cardio kills gains" is a meme, if you want to be healthy you need your cardiovascular system in check. Just lifting weights is not enough
>Low intensity cardio is not the best but it's better than nothing, lifting & being able to run 5k is better than just lifting weights and sitting on your ass all day
>HIIT (High Intensity Interval Training) is the best both for cardiovascular health and weight loss purposes. Do that if you dont have time to run for 20 minutes

>You SHOULD be stretching right now. Make it a habit. Mobility/Flexibility is really important both for gains and lift safety
>Starting Stretching is a good place to start
>10 mins of stretching twice a day, morning and evening, or just once if you dont have the time
>Do not static stretch before lifting, stretching cold muscles makes you more prone to injury and somewhat hinders you strenght (albeit not to a great extent)
>>
File: fit lifting programs compilation.png (768KB, 2143x1912px) Image search: [Google]
fit lifting programs compilation.png
768KB, 2143x1912px
>>41992168
>After 4-6 months on a LP beginner program, if you are struggling to progress and have been deloading a bunch, you might wanna look into a more intermediate-y program.
>If you keep progressing by all means ride out that linear progression as much as you can

Some popular Intermediate routines are

>Texas Method
>>Madcow
for maximum strenght gainz
>PHUL.
Good trade-off between Strenght and Aesthetics
>PPL
more aesthetic's centric

Don't do brosplits. Your muscles take approximately 48 hours to regenerate after a workout. Training them once a week is a loss of potential gains, also those routines are filled with volume, due to them being 1 or 2 muscle groups per day, so strenght gains are non-existent.

This is the routine I'm currently on.
I started out 1.5yrs ago with SS, went on to GSLP and then PHUL. Finally settled on this ULPP (Upper Lower Push Pull).
This is a good routine if you dont wanna completely forget legs but also dont want to train them twice a week.

>Day 1 - Upper Power
Bench Press 531
Cable crossovers 3x8
Chinups 3xF + Pulldowns 3x8
Rows 3x6
OHP/DB shoulder press 3x6
BB curls 3x8
Tricep Pushdown/LTE 3x8

>Day 2 - Lower Power
Squat 531
Leg Press 3x8
Deadlift 80%5RM
Leg Curl/RDL 3x8
Calf raises 3x12
Abs: planks, hanging leg raises and cable oblique twists

>Day 3 - Push
Overhead Press 531
Bench 3x8
Dips 3xF
Cable crossovers 3x10
Incline DB 3x10
Tricep pulldowns/LTE 3x10
Cable lateral raises 3x10

>Day 4 - Pull
Deadlift 531
Chinups 3xF
Rows 3x6
Pulldowns 3x8
Facepulls 3x8
Shrugs 3x15
Curl variation 3x10
>>
File: OUcEY.png (47KB, 547x465px) Image search: [Google]
OUcEY.png
47KB, 547x465px
>>41992168
Whoops, looks like you accidentally posted the version you meant to delete. Luckily I saved the good one for you. Here.
>>
>>41992436
I actually meant it, there was already the old thread with that pic so it gave me the duplicate file error
I still prefer phraks version but /fit/'s is fine
>>
>>41992436
Lat pulldown machine a good substitute for weighted chin ups?
>>
>>41992577
chinups/pullups are better.
lat pulldows serves the same function as the assisted chinups machine, when your strenght hasnt caught up with your bodyweight
>>
>>41992453
>Duplicate
Fair enough. I just dislike /fit/'s version because it subtracts one pull to add one push lift on Wednesday (compared to Phrak's GSLP) which seems imbalanced imo
>>41992577
Of course, it's 90% the same exercise. However, you should still aim to add a 5kg stack every week, and when the total weight stack reaches your actual weight, none to bw chinups. Maybe you'll do a bit less reps at first. Don't get disheartened, your lats and biceps haven't lost any strength, you're just getting used to the new and slightly different ROM. Keep at it, if you managed to do 3x5 lat pulldowns at bw you'll be able to do 3x5 bw chinups very soon.
>>
My mother does those mom-gym classes 3 times a week and still has (predictably) the athleticism of a bedside table.
>She eats like a rabbit and has some belly fat
>she's like 5'3 (160cm-ish)
>has zero overhead mobility, like her arms get barely over 60 degrees
>has the beginning of a hunchback
>cant touch her toes
>has back problems

I have already lost my father to alcoholism, I wanna help my momma get healthier.
The positive is that her diet is already healthy, she could do with more proteins but it's fine

I'm thinking about a "routine" for her

I was thinking of something like this, everything super light at first because I dont wanna spook her
>goblet squats
>rear delt raises + one arm rows
>pushups
>planks
>work with elastic bands ("YTWL") or shoulder strenghtening drills while prone
+ plus a fuckload of stretching and mobility (elast band shoulder dislocators, pec minor and front delt stretches etc.)

this would be done every other day or daily, depending
>>
>>41992870
Get her to do some cardio as well. Biking/swimming is good fort that (especially swimming with the mobility)
>>
>>41992930
yes I forgot that, I should convince her to start running again
>>
>>41992870
Underrated, but for a beginner like your mom just focus on calisthenics and mobility. She is in it for general health and quality of life, I assume, so no need to use weights just yet. Calisthenics are better for building up a base, imo, and mobility sounds like a priority for her.
>>
>>41993148
there's no calisthenics way for her to train her pulling muscles tho
no pullup bar or way to do inverted rows where we're at
just dumbbells
>>
File: 1487324892853.jpg (529KB, 900x1200px) Image search: [Google]
1487324892853.jpg
529KB, 900x1200px
Day 1:
[Shoulders] Push Press - Working up to a new 1RM or doing 3x5 of 85% of 1RM, depending on what I feel like.
[Chest] Incline Press or Decline Press or Dumbbell Press - EMOM/AMRAP
[Back] T-Bar Row or Pulldowns or Seated Rows - EMOM/AMRAP
[Legs] Leg Curls or Leg Press - EMOM/AMRAP

Day 2:
[Back] Trap Bar Deadlift - Working up to a new 1RM or doing 3x5 of 85% of 1RM, depending on what I feel like.
[Shoulders] Overhead Press or Z-Press or Dumbbell Overhead Press - EMOM/AMRAP
[Legs] Leg Curls or Leg Press - EMOM/AMRAP

Day 3:
[Legs] Box Squat - Working up to a new 1RM or doing 3x5 of 85% of 1RM, depending on what I feel like.
[Shoulders] Overhead Press or Z-Press or Dumbbell Overhead Press - EMOM/AMRAP
[Back] T-Bar Row or Pulldowns or Seated Rows - EMOM/AMRAP

Alternating exercises between the two options depending on what I feel like, not set. Counting the volume on each of the EMOM/AMRAP exercises and trying to beat it, increasing the weights based on estimated 1RM after the first set which is slightly heavier than the following sets. It's kinda like a 3 day modified version of nSuns 3CAP program. Obviously a focus on shoulders above chest because shoulders are lacking heavy and my chest is overdeveloped. This is also during a cut. For those that don't know, EMOM = Every minute on the minute, meaning every new minute on the clock I start a new set, which also means I never rest even a full minute. AMRAP = As many reps as possible. It cuts down the time in the gym and I really enjoy this approach. This also gives me the possibility to do what I "feel" like doing with the first exercise and changing exercises on the fly depending on what I feel like that day.
>>
>>41993524
To specify, i quit the EMOM/AMRAP sets when I can't hit more than 5 repetitions, which puts me at a comfy spot where I can recover but still having done hard work.
>>
>>41992168
I haven't been on /fit/ for a few years but I'm trying to gain as much strength as possible before October. However, because of my job (military) I can miss the gym for days or weeks at a time. If my routine is ABCABCx, and I can't go to the gym on thur/fri therefore losing AB, do I start on AB on sat/sun or just do C on sat?

Also, what kind of programming is suggested for someone who can't keep a dedicated routine? Is it ok to do stuff like auto-regulation when restarting with ann SS-type routine or should I do the LP as suggested, along with the 10% deload?
>>
>>41993598
it's gonna be hard, because any kind of programming has as its base consistency.
If you cant go every week it's gonna be hard to progress and I would advise just trying to mantain a certain level of strength, with a full body routine like SS possibly with accessories if you feel like you need them
>>
>>41993672
I do accessories as needed, mostly just roman chair sit-ups and facepulls because my abs and upper back are significantly weaker than the rest of my body, and reverse flys and other stuff for rotator cuff. None of those except the facepulls are things I really need to do more than once a week, and I have time to deadlift once a week most of the time, and do squats nearly every time I can go to the gym.

I'm still getting noob gains at the moment so I'll keep doing 5x5 shit until that stops happening, but when it does what sort of programming would be best?
>>
>>41993524
>that pic
when you see the dogballs, they cannot be unseen
>>
File: 6 reps = no gains.jpg (118KB, 877x727px) Image search: [Google]
6 reps = no gains.jpg
118KB, 877x727px
>>41992168
A B C A1 B1 X C1
On 5x5, 3' interset rest
On 3x12 , 45'' interset rest

"A"
- Back Squat 5x5 & Front Squat 5x5 , alternate sets
- Adbuction Machine, 3x15
- Leg Press, 3x12
- Roman Chair Hyperextensions (with weights), 2x18

"B"
- Flat Bench, 5x5
- Skull Crushers, 12x3
- Curls, 12x3
- Preacher Curls, 12x3
- Wrist Curl, 12x1
- Reverse Wrist Curl, 12x1
- Dips (targeting chest), 5x(at least)3

"C"
- Deadlift. 5x5
- Underhand bent over row, 12x3
- Lats machine, 12x3
- OHP, 12x3
- Shrugs, 12x3

"A1"
- Close grip flat bench, 5x5
- Incline db bench, 5x5
- Hammer curl, 12x3
- Dips (targeting triceps), 5x(at least)3

"B1"
- Back squat 5x5
- Walking lunges with db, 10x2
- Roman Chair Hyperextensions (with weights), 2x18
- Adbuction Machine, 3x15
- Deadlift 5x5

Rest

"C1"
- Pendlay Row, 12x3 and Upright Row, 12x3, alternate sets
- Bent-arm pullover 5x5
- Chin up, 12x3
- Wrist Curl, 12x1
- Reverse Wrist Curl, 12x1
- Db seated shoulder press, 12x3
- Db rear delt row, 12x3
>>
rate/critique/fix?

A
3x5 handstand pushups
3x5 shrimp squats
5x5 dips
3x8 hanging N raise
5x5 front squats

B
3x5 false grip pull ups
3x10 romanian deadlift
3x5 ice cream maker
3xf L sit hold
3x8 hinge rows
3xf parallet N sit

C
3x10 one arm kb swing
3x30ft one arm kb walking lunge
10 minute amrap-10 box jumps, 10 v-ups, 5 burpees
5x10 heavy kb swings
3x15 kb twists
100 double unders
>>
File: 1479872038051.jpg (472KB, 1132x900px) Image search: [Google]
1479872038051.jpg
472KB, 1132x900px
>>41992168
Need some help.
Starting in about 2 weeks I'll have 2 months plenty of time on my hands and I want to do a more intense routine (so far I went to the gym 3x per week and had kickboxing 2x). What do you think of the following routine? Keep in mind I'm still pretty new, been lifting only around half a year.

Monday
>DB flies
>bench press
>pullups
>OHP/The Press™
>bent over barbell rows
>DB side raise

Tuesday
>dips
>skullcrushers
>curls
>tricep pushdown
>core exercises (leg raises, etc)

Wednesday
>deadlifts
>squats
>lunges
>calf raises

Thursday
>chinups
>barbell row
>core exercises
>???

Friday
>bench press
>DB fly
>DBside raise
>???

Saturday
>HIIT (I don't have gym access over the weekend)
>1,5 hours cycling

What would you add to Thursday and Friday?
>>
The sticky is shit for routines.
I am not all serious about muh lifting (e.g. I don't count calories intake and burnt, I don't care much about how much grams of protein I should take daily nor about meme optimal windows and I don't bulk / cut).
I didn't find any routine targeted to what I seek and when I tried some I didn't saw the benefit of routine against just lifting with the mood.

I just separate body parts (sometimes) or do full body workout by literally doing all the machines if I can't lift do to the gym / exercise for several consecutive days.
Convince me to spend time doing research to find a routine and stick to it.
>>
>>41993195
its not exactly the hardest of exercise, but you can always lean back holding the side of a door frame or do one arm dumbbell rows.
>>
>>41992168
I've been going to the gym for around a month with a friend and he has been helping me, but now I'll be going abroad and I have to keep working on my own. Is it a good idea to follow the image in OP whilst adding 3-4 more specific muscle related exercises for each day. For example, do day one and add 3 chest exercises, do day 2 and add back etc.
>>
>>41992168
Would it be fine to replace the hammer curls with skullcrushers for the /fit/ GSLP? I'm not really concerned about my forearms, they're fine, and I want to really strengthen my triceps without having to buy any cable equipment for tricep pushdowns.
>>
File: beginner powerbuilding routine.png (127KB, 654x176px) Image search: [Google]
beginner powerbuilding routine.png
127KB, 654x176px
I dig the light AMRAP sets and the progression:

Now, the question of - what about progressing in weight? That's what the AMRAP set is for. For every rep over 6 for the 1x6+ exercises, you will add 5# to your work set the next time. For every rep UNDER 6, subtract 5# from your work set the next time. For every rep over 5 for the squat and deadlift, you will add 10# to your work set the next time. For every rep under, subtract 10#. Always subtract the weight. However, I would not add more than 10-15 pounds total to any of the 6+ exercises, or 20-30 pounds to the squat/deadlift in one session. Going higher tends to make the next session 6+ or 5+ set to fall short. For most folks, 10 and 20 is about right. This doesn't mean to skimp on your reps though - if you can do more than 7-8 reps, do more.
>>
>>41995166
>Convince me
Fuck off.

>>41996750
>I'm a total novice, can I use that
No. Head to literally l3ddit and pick one of the beginner routines without trying to add or remove anything; you'll find sane GSLP variations too.

>>41996835
db hammer curls don't belong to that program and don't make sense in that context. Same applies to skull crushers. You're searching for a different, not-novice program. Sure, add skullcrushers if you like. There's plenty of exercises for triceps without resorting to cable equipment.
>>
>>41992436
Is that a gnu/linux terminal text editor? If so which and dotfiles pls?
>>
>>41996938
>You're searching for a different, not-novice program.
What do you mean? What program?
>>
>>41997087
For how long have you been training? what's your current weight, height, and Squat/Deadlift/Bench/OHP 5RMs? How many times a week can you train? I see you mention buying equipment, so I suppose you're training at your home gym where you'll likely be in the position to train most days of the week
>>
>>41997185
I'm just starting looking at buying equipment for a home gym a few days ago because I live in fuckville nowhere, Wisconsin with no local gym beyond a planet fitness and a PT place. I would prefer to buy adjustable weights for much cheaper than expensive cable machines when possible. I'm here because I'm looking for a good variation of greyskull to do as my first program because I was told it's less memeish than SS/SL. I don't have any 5RMs on the lifts because equipment hasn't been bought yet (want to know what routine I'm doing before buying equipment). Height 6'0" and current weight is 215lbs, down from 265lbs from dieting and cardio. I'd like to train 3 times a week if possible as I still want plenty of hours to work and study, but if the workouts are considerably short I would mind doing more days.
>>
>>41997307
>I'm here because I'm looking for a good variation of greyskull to do as my first program because I was told it's less memeish than SS/SL
Well, I'm sorry to tell you that I believe SS for at least 12 weeks would be the best route for you. Add accessory work as much as you want. After 12 weeks check on https://symmetricstrength.com/standards#/215/lb/male/- and if you beat at least "untrained level" then you may consider to move to a different routine.
Whatever you choose to do, don't hop routines every now and then. Give each routine at least three months.
About equipment. Just get a solid adjustable bench, a solid and reliable squat rack with solid and reliable safeties; if there's a pull up bar then it's better. And obviously a barbell. If you manage to get some dumbbells than obviously it would be nice, but they tend to be expensive.
About workouts length: obviously if you manage to dedicate a little time every day you won't be required longer sessions few times a week; still this doesn't apply to you since you're just beginning. Your estimated frequency will be just fine for now.
>>
File: 100.jpg (253KB, 1080x1283px) Image search: [Google]
100.jpg
253KB, 1080x1283px
>>41994027
>>
>>41997449
Duly noted, thank you for the advice. Any particular reason SS and the like are considered meme exercise routines, or is it just people wanting shit on something for no reason other than to sow distrust?
>>
>>41997683
SS is a meme if you keep doing it for too long. It promotes the necessary neuromuscular adaptations and gives a solid foundation. People are anyway generally lazy and so every now and then there's someone who sticks to it for over 1 year, reaching T-Rex mode. You should generally switch routine every three or six months (max).
The gist of it is: don't stay on SS for more than 6 months.
>>
>>41997785
Cool, thanks for the serious answers.
>>
File: 1443360344802.jpg (24KB, 436x462px) Image search: [Google]
1443360344802.jpg
24KB, 436x462px
What does /fit/ think of Fierce Five? Found it a while back:

Workout A
Squat 3x5
Bench 3x5
Pendlay Rows 3x8
Face Pulls 3x10
Calf raises 2x15/Tricep pressdowns 2x10 Superset

Workout B
Front Squat 3x5
Overhead Press 3x5
Romanian Deadlift 3x8
Lat Pulldowns 3x8 (any grip)
Ab work 2x15/Bicep curls 2x10 Superset (Any ab work)

Acceptable Substitutions
Face Pulls-Reverse Flies
Tricep pressdowns-overhead extensions, skull crushers…etc. (basically any tricep isolation exercise)
Lat Pulldowns-Any form of pull/chin up. You’ll need a dip belt to add weight. (You need a pull from above your head)
Overhead Press-Incline Bench
Pendlay Rows-Anyhorizontalpull to thechestwith awide gripandelbows at 45 degrees. NOT BOR. See FAQ.
Bench-Decline bench, dips (leaning forward) You’ll need a dip belt to add weight
Front Squat/RDL-You have to swap both for a Deadlift and a leg curl. This isn’t an either or kind of substitution.
Front Squat-Paused back squats
>>
>>41997877
whatever works for you. It's clearly a bb-tier beginner routine, and probably not the best route for most.
rather than doing "squat-{press/bench}-dead" and "squat-{press/bench}-{dead/power clean/chin up}" you're doing immediately front squats (usually not so easy for newcomers) and limiting the deadlift motion in B to romanians. The "acceptable substitution" to replace front squats with a "Paused back squat" isn't too acceptable as well.
calf raises and ab work don't even need to be put in a routine as "main lifts" and for sure they don't contribute to the "fierce five" name.
then again, the most important thing for a routine is to stick to it and if a newcomer prefers to stick to this rather than to a different routine, good for him. He'd be blessed with noob gains.
Anyway I feel that progressing in SS to chin up would probably be better than starting with lat pulldown; replacing it with chin up from day 0 won't solve the issue.
The dip belt suggestion is amazing, since it's clearly a routine for beginners and a belt to add weights will be largely unnecessary.
>>
File: 1495843200862.jpg (100KB, 700x990px) Image search: [Google]
1495843200862.jpg
100KB, 700x990px
>>41992168
Can this shit actually work? Will be posting some more
>>
File: 1493943998486.jpg (105KB, 506x716px) Image search: [Google]
1493943998486.jpg
105KB, 506x716px
>>41999381
Same guy, same question
>>
File: routine2.jpg (85KB, 500x667px) Image search: [Google]
routine2.jpg
85KB, 500x667px
Last one
>>41999397
>>
>>41999381
>>41999397
>>41999424
I'll try to give you an honest and serious answer.
If you're serious, get a gym membership.
If you really, REALLY can't and you're confined to callisthenics, visit the bodyweight general.
>>
>>41999446
Saving money to get gym membership, thats why im asking. Recently went through some shit and ended up with little money.
>>
can i do my own greyskull LP, but skip rest days?
i really can't resist the urge to kill myself without going to them gym
>>
>>41999465
Go to the catalog and look up /bwg/ or bodyweight general. They have basic routines that will teach you how to progress, thus making you stronger. Also, look up calisthenics subreddit for more routine information.

Consider investing in a pullup bar or, if you have somewhere to hang them, gymnastics rings. Gymnastics rings are better because you can do much more with them than you can with a pullup bar.
>>
>>41999474
Rest days are important when doing full-body workouts like GSLP/SS/SL/etc. You build muscles when you rest after a gym session. If you want multiple days, do a 5-6 day PPL.
>>
>>41999501
I have one, but I lost a piece f it

Really small metal piece.

Any Ideas how to replace it?
>>
>>41999529
Alright so there is no bw general right now. Well I have to kll time somehow, what do you think about them pics guys?
>>
>>41999544
in all seriousness they're "men's health"-tier
as >>41999501 suggested try the subleddit , /r/bodyweightfitness/ has a recommended routine.
contrary to >>41999501 I wouldn't consider callisthenics a valid alternative to real strength training, at best it's complimentary especially if you lack a strength foundation. Once you've built it you may go "convict mode" all you want if that's your goal. I don't want to hold you down but it will be really difficult to _start_ from it. At least, that's my humble opinion. Good luck and keep it up.
>>
>>41999509

any recommendations for a PPL?
>>
>>41999671
Read the OP
>>41992168
>>41992171
>>
>>41999711

can i do the ULPP without rest days? looks good desu
>>
>>41999766
You still need your rest days, but with ULPP you'll only have 3 rest days vs 4 rest days with your standard 3 day fullbody workout. If you're still feeling really restless, go for a run after your workout and/or on your rest days. Do C25K if you've never done serious running before.
>>
Anyone got a hybrid weight training/calisthenics routine? I want to work up to muscle ups.
>>
>>41999766

so with three rest days, would it go something like UxLxPP?

If I still have juice in the tank on my lifting days ( a big if) can I do more sets, or would this be detrimental to my gains?
>>
>>41999873

i meant >>41999828
>>
Doing a modified version of Swoletide's gvt.

Holy shit so much volume. Each workout takes nearly 2 hours.
>>
>>41999873
If you have extra energy, burn it on a run. Be patient with the lifts and increase the weights at a steady pace. Don't go whole hog early in your lifting career and burn yourself out, or you'll never want to go back.
>>
Why is Candito's U/L Strength/Hypertrophy so underrated?
>Linear strength gains
>Allows for a variety of exercises so you can actually hit every muscle on your body, unlike SS and other beginner routines
>Only two heavy days so you don't hit mental barriers
>Contains low reps with high weight + high reps with low weight training
>Not a shitty full body routine so you can actually give your muscles a workout instead of barely working most of your body
>>
File: 1497197651248.png (35KB, 645x552px) Image search: [Google]
1497197651248.png
35KB, 645x552px
Why does /fit/ throw an autistic tantrum when you say you do a brosplit? I don't want to or need to bench/squat/DL/mil press 2-3 times a week. I'm in the gym for 2 hours a day 4 days a week already. How is that not good enough for gains? How am I suppose to make more gains without throwing away what little free time I already have?

The only way I'm training muscle groups twice a week is by ditching half of the isolated workouts in my routine. And why would I do that when I don't care about strength gains?
>>
>>41999947
Because brosplits are retarded and you clearly don't care enough to listen. You spend more time than you need to for less gains than someone on a good program.
>>
>>41992171
Rate this routine. PLEASE. I have to start something on monday. want to raise my squat by 50 pounds and everything else symmetrical according to symmetricstrength.com (350-400)

VxRxIxx (texas method) V= volume R = recover I = intensity x= rest

Volume day:
Squat 3x5 @90% 5RM
Bench or overhead press 5x5 @90% 5RM
Deficit Deadlift 3x5 @70% 5RM

Recovery day
Squat 2x5 @80% 5RM
Bench Press 3x5 @90% 5RM or overhead press slightly lower weight than volume day (unsure)
penday row (parallel barbell row) 5x10 with perfect form (light weight) (unsure of this)
Chinups 3 sets to failure bodyweight

Intensity day
Squat, bench, deadlift 5rm
>>
>>41999947
>Why does /fit/ throw an autistic tantrum when you say you do a brosplit?
Because it's a waste of time if you're not on juice.
>I'm in the gym for 2 hours a day 4 days a week already.
Your routine is fucked up. Brosplit won't be the cure for it though.
> How am I suppose to make more gains without throwing away what little free time I already have?
By picking up a sane routine.
>>
>>41999967
>you clearly don't care enough to listen
I care if I could get a quick rundown instead of the never ending paragraphs graphomaniacs on here type up
>>
>>41999987
You aren't effectively hitting your muscles by splitting them up according to your arbitrary definitions you made up.
You don't know how to program.
You don't know anything.
You won't listen to people who know things.
You will never amount to anything.
>>
>>42000015
>You will never amount to anything.
This is something you heard a lot of I'm sure
>>
>>41999926
thanks
>>
>>41999941

im going to try this
>>
>>42000083
Not him, but either you want help or you do not want help. You clearly fall in the second category.
If you wanted, you picked a sane routine. You didn't need 2 hours 4 days a week to begin with. For some reasons you tend to believe that increasing even more the days you hit the gym while decreasing frequency and volume will benefit you.
Some people have to learn the hard way. Good luck.
>>
>>41999975
What are your current 5RM? Are you stalling as an intermediate lifter? Honestly I'm not fond of the texas method, to me it's a quick patch for someone who hasn't started to periodize his training yet.
By the way that's a twisted texas method there and it seems to overcome its rationale. e.g. you replace deadlift 1x5 @ 90% 5RM with "deficit deadlift" 3x5 @ 70% on volume day. Moreover you insist in putting deadlift on friday, whilst it should be once a week.
I'm not defending the rationale behind the texas method, it seems to me you're pushing yours in an alien body.
>>
PPL, PHUL or GSLP?

Trying to go for aesthetics as a priority though strength is nice.
>>
>>42000291
GSLP is more suited for beginners
PPL is for intermediates
PHUL and PHAT are for advanced intermediates

if you are a beginner you should care for strength only
>>
File: PP.png (19KB, 308x593px) Image search: [Google]
PP.png
19KB, 308x593px
>>41992168
Had this routine recommended to me. One anon said it wasn't enough volume. Deadlifts are only 1x5 but worked up to 1x5, obviously.

Thoughts?
>>
File: 200_s.gif (18KB, 222x200px) Image search: [Google]
200_s.gif
18KB, 222x200px
>>42000312
Why?
>>
>>42000245
1rm squat 345 (maybe could do more)
1rm bench 245 (could have done more it was easy af)
5x5 130 pounds OHP
Deadlift 320 x5 but could do more , working on hook grip

I wanted texas without cleans and back extension shit all i got is a barbell and rack
>>
>>42000347
Why should you care only for strength as a beginner? Because that's a necessary starting point for any later route.

>>42000333
What's your training age? It could well be enough.
>>
>>42000245
I didn't really stall, but I felt it was time, I started in April this year, but i have lifted before (year before for a couple months) so I know i should be doing intermediate
>>
>>42000377
Right now Im doing a Power/HT split which I think is a modified PHUL, before I was doing a brosplit which actually made good progress (10+ pounds a week)
>>
>>42000377
>What's your training age? It could well be enough.

Been training for 6 months. Can still progress linearly, but looking to do a routine that involves more accessories than what I've been doing.
>>
File: 1482677090762.png (196KB, 409x311px) Image search: [Google]
1482677090762.png
196KB, 409x311px
>>42000129
Glad I could convince someone, it's a good routine. It's also fun to do, the optional exercises give you a lot of room to work with. I'd recommend using those for stuff like face pulls, side raises, cable flyes, etc.
>>
>>42000375
and id rather not do madcow cause i HATE heavy pendlay rows, fucking gay exercise
>>
>>42000375
>>42000382
>>42000472
Well, I'm pretty symmetric according to symmetricstrength and you lift a little less than me on OHP, a little more than me on squat and deadlift and much more on bench. I'm therefore not comfortable in giving you advice. And I love pendlay rows.... Honestly I do much more volume per week in every major compound you consider.
>>
>>42000423
looks pretty good then.
>>
>>42000490
I wanna do texas without cleans or back extensions/ anything i cant do at home

Or madcow without pendlay rows RIPPPPPP
>>
How to make Front Squats hurt less? The weight I do with them is far too easy but shoulder pain always makes me drop.
>>
>>42000526
im fine doing pendlay for light weights but i dont like the exercise one bit for 5x5
>>
>>42000534
My goal is to get my squat from 350-400 (1rm) then maintain that strength level while cutting body fat until about 14-15% then maintain that BF and strength while increasing my rep maxs at the same weight (i dont really wanna go over 400 squat)
>>
>>42000514
Thanks anon.
Just for future reference, how should it be changed in say 6 - 12 months?
>>
>>42000559
in all honesty you'll check in 6 months how you've progressed and switch routine accordingly, hard to tell now. I wouldn't suggest to keep a routine, any routine, for 12 months.
>>
>>42000595
Understood. Thanks for the help anon!
>>
File: CES Logo.jpg (7KB, 128x100px) Image search: [Google]
CES Logo.jpg
7KB, 128x100px
STVT German Volume Training variation:
Go as heavy as you go every set and drop the weight as you go (if needed) instead of staying at a lower weight that you can do all the sets on. Swap out exercises after 4 weeks or so.
10x10 - 4:0:1 tempo (4 sec negative each rep) - 1:30 min rest betweenEverything else - no particular tempo - 1 min rest between
*** = Tempo is optional

Monday - Shoulders & Bis & Abs
OHP - 10x10
Face Pulls - 5x12
DB Lateral Raise - 5x12
BB curls - 10x10
Hammer Curls - 5x12
Forearm Curls - 5xFailure
Decline Weighted Situps - 3-5x12
Hanging Leg Raises - 3-5x12
DB Side Bends - 3-5xFailure

Tuesday - Legs
Back Squat - 10x10***
RDL - 10x10
Leg Ext - 5x12
Leg curls - 5x12
Seated Calve Raises - 5x15 or Failure

Wednesday - Back & Traps
Lat Pull Down - 10x10
Cable Rows - 10x10
T-Bar Rows - 5x12
Machine Pullover - 5x12
Hang Cleans - 5x5
Wide Grip Pull-Ups - 5xFailure
DB Side Bends - 4x12

Thursday - Chest & Tris
Incline DB - 10x10
BW Dips SS w/ Pec Flies - 10x10
Decline Bench - 5x12
Rope Pushdown - 5x12
Single Arm DB Overhead Tri Extensions - 5xFailure
Push ups - 5xFailure

Friday - Cycling HIIT and active recovery

Saturday - Deadlift & Squats & Abs(Secondary)
Deadlifts - 10x10***
Front Squat - 10x10***
Weighted chin ups - 5x5
Power Cleans - 5x5
Calves - Superset with Abs
JackKnife Situps - 3-5x12
DB Side Bends - 3-5xFailure

Sunday - Chest (Secondary)
BB Bench - 10x10
DB Bench - 10x10
Incline Chest Press - 5x12
DB Pullovers - 5x12
Pushups - 5xFailure
LISS cardio of some sort at a different time
>>
>>41999975

niggaz I gotta start on monday plz help me out
>>
>>42001133
just do it.

stop being a fag. do the work.
>>
>>42001202 "just do it" i asked to rate the routine babe
>>
>>41999766
That's retarded mate.
Get this no rest days thing out of your head
>>
File: routine.png (21KB, 1538x240px) Image search: [Google]
routine.png
21KB, 1538x240px
I'm trying to put together a new bulking routine that incorporates stretching.
How does this look?
>>
>>42002004
Oh, I should also add that I'm trying to add extra focus to my weak points (biceps, grip, and core) as well.
>>
File: Screenshot_20170629-022309.png (206KB, 1440x2560px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20170629-022309.png
206KB, 1440x2560px
am I gonna make it or is my program trash? I'm right between intermediate and Novice.
>>
File: Screenshot_20170629-022423.png (190KB, 1440x2560px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20170629-022423.png
190KB, 1440x2560px
Heavy days I go 5x4 on my compounds, Light days I go 5x8. Squats and Deads are the exception (they are always 5x4).

Basically I do two days in a row and then rest for 1-2 days and then do the next two days in a row.
>>
File: Screenshot_20170629-022521.png (188KB, 1440x2560px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20170629-022521.png
188KB, 1440x2560px
I want an aesthetic frame but I don't want to give up my compounds.
>>
File: Screenshot_20170629-023058.png (710KB, 1440x2560px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20170629-023058.png
710KB, 1440x2560px
/fit/, is my routine retarded? What am I doing wrong? Is there anything I'm doing right?
>>
File: 0-CRcHEolDWFrV0J2U.png (10KB, 495x361px) Image search: [Google]
0-CRcHEolDWFrV0J2U.png
10KB, 495x361px
>>42002356

Btw each workout takes about 2 hours and then I spend 30 min in the sauna... I'm not sure if I'm just slow or if its too much on each day... I'll usually do 3*10 of something pretty conventional for each isolation
>>
>>42000728
Only attempt this if you're on sterioids. Regular German Volume Training is more than enough.
http://muscleandbrawn.com/complete-guide-german-volume-training/
>>
Can anyone see any flaws with this routine? AxBxAxx
BxAxBxx

A
Squat 3x5+
Bench 3x5+
Rows 3x5+
Lateral raises 3x8
Curls 2x8

B
Squat 3x5+
OHP 3x5+
Deadlift 1x5+
Chin ups 3x8
Dips 3x8

Reasoning is because GSLP (OP) is targeted to a more balanced physique but I don't mind my legs being big so I decided to stick to SL 3x/week squat frequency. Added the 3x5+ rather than 5x5 for obvious reasons (progress) . Also added in some extra light accessories, for bench day added in light shoulders, and on OHP day added in light chest, this way I wont have a 4 day rest in between one chest (or shoulder) session. Would this work?
>>
>>42002654
I am on the bicycle lol
>>
Is this a good girl routine

Upper lower for thiccness
2 upper
2 lower days
Upper
>3x8 db op
>3x8 db bench
>3xf pull ups
>4x10 lat pull down
>2x10 bicep curls
>2x10 tricep exercise

Lower
(bw glute activation exercises as warmup or stairmaster)
>5x5 bench
>3x5 deadlift
>3x8-10 lunges / RDL alternating
>4x10 cable pull throughs
>4x10 seated calf raises
>>
>>42002356
>>42002370
>>42002374

what app is this?
>>
>>42002004
You clearly have no idea what you're doing and what's worse I suspect you've been into lifting for less than 6 months.
>>
>>41994012
any comment on this?
>>
>>41992168

ppl twice a week. taking a break from legs atm.

>pull
deadlifts 1x10, 2x5
pullups 3xfailure
dumbbell rows 4x8-10
face pulls 4x12-15
shrugs 3x12
bicep work 3x12

>push
bench press 4x6-8
ohp 4x8-10
incline dumbbell press 3x8-10
flyes 3x12
lateral raises 4x12-15
skullcrushers 3x12

>abs
hanging leg raises 3xfailure
planks 3xfailure (trying to progress towards ab wheels)
woodchoppers 3x12-15
>>
>>42003841
>deadlifts 1x10, 2x5
that's warmup+2x5 to me
I don't see why you would start with deadlifts on "Upper Pull" day, even more considering that you choose take a break from legs
>skipping legs day

a dedicated abs day is something new. three planks aren't all that difficult and you're supposed to be intermediate already. woodchoppers are a fucking meme. if you have low-hanging rings available in your gym, choose those over ab-wheels and start doing rings roll outs, starting from a kneeled position and progressing to a straight leg variant.
for planks, if you don't have anyone putting some weight on your back (don't try to put it yourself) increase difficulty placing your legs on a raised platform.

In all honesty you should consider to do abs at the end of every workout.
>>
>>42002384
That website is bullshit. It thinks doing 5 reps of a 10kg weighted pullup is above intermediate, and thinks benching 110% of your bodyweight for 10 reps is novice.
>>
>>42004004
It's based on actual bodybuilders stats and formulas used are traditionally accepted in academia.
Benching 110% of your bw for 10 reps is definitively not novice and that's not what that sites tells everyone. What's your height and weight?
>>
>>41992168
ICF is a meme
>>
>>41994012
pls respond
>>
>>42003816
I've been lifting four years, and I'm at 2/3/4/5
Can you point to a single thing that's actually wrong with that routine? Because as far as I can tell it's very well balanced except for the push-ups, but those are only thrown in because I have to beat a friend of mine in push-ups to win a bet after he gets back from his military service.
>>
>>42005488
>I've been lifting four years, and I'm at 2/3/4/5
No way in hell you'd use such a memetic metric for real; at elite lvl you won't train 7 days a week with all that volume. decline sit ups are the icing on the cake. have fun with your 100 push ups challenge against your imaginary friend.
>>
OP's a faggot as always.

>#1: Read the Sticky

Skim the sticky. Harsh isn't anywhere as knowledgeable as someone like Lyle McDonald.

And it's outdated.

>If you are just getting started, a proven and popular program is always going to be better than something you came up with, save yourself the time and headaches

Don't do this. Figure out what you're lifting for. 8/10 it's curls for the girls so start a hypertrophy centered routine. You don't need strength if you just want to look good.

> Want some more aesthetics? Look into Greyskull LP, it's a template you can customize, the book's pdf is pretty easy to get. Pic related is a popular version

My mom has bigger arms than Sheaffer. Greyskull is a PL routine not a BB one. Fucking permabulkers when will they learn?

Pro-tip: Hypertrophy routines usually have a lot more volume than strength routines and involve a lot of isolations.

>Bodyweight exercises, while not the best for muscle gain, are a good gauge to know if you're gaining too much fat too quickly. If your Rows and DL are progressing but your pullups are laggin behind, chances are you gotta cut back on the milk and oats

Lmao. Bodyweight exercises have a higher starting weight and thus are harder to progress if you don't build up to them.

If you can't do a single pull-up (not a chin-up), start doing negatives and Australian pull-ups, and work your way up.

A good gauge you're putting on too much weight is you're not tracking your cals at all.

>Unless you're pretty advanced, Cut/Bulk is not really needed, just stay at a sensible bf%, eat healthy food you're gonna be ok

20 push-ups and I should be ripped for summer, right?

Listen up, newfags. If you're fat, cut down to 10% BF then start a slow bulk until you're at 15%, rinse and repeat. If you're a skelly start to bulk to the same amount.

Track your macros and make sure your TDEE is on point.

(1/?)
>>
I don't usually filter tripfaggots, but hey there's always a first time.
>>
>>42005488
if you're only just now at 2/3/4/5 after lifting for four years, you're doing something wrong. 2/3/4/5 takes half that time.
>>
>>42004004
what in the fuck are you on about?
>and thinks benching 110% of your bodyweight for 10 reps is novice.
no it doesnt, it goes from intermediate if you're a twink (60kg) to proficient if you are a fat fuck (100)
>>
>>42006075
jokes on you, I did hit 2/3/4/5 right after 6 months into SS. If you needed two years you clearly did something wrong.
>>
>>42006092
>6 months to hit lmao2/3/4/5pl8s
with proper sleep and nutrition, a novice young male could reach it within summer
>>
>>42003781
on upper, do a trap-rear delt centric exercise instead of both lat centric exercises
like a barbell or cable row
on lower...bench?!
put squat instead, and add another exercise, depending on what you wanna work on. leg curls are good
>>
>>42006075
LOL. You are actually retarded. In 3 years of training I have only achieved the deadlift, squat and OHP portions of it, and that's been bulking with pure strength training. I know absolutely no one who has hit those numbers in 2 years.
>>
>>42006041
(CONT)

>"Cardio kills gains" is a meme, if you want to be healthy you need your cardiovascular system in check. Just lifting weights is not enough

You don't need cardio. A quick warm-up before you lift is enough.

If you're lifting intensely, you're doing cardio.

>Low intensity cardio is not the best but it's better than nothing, lifting & being able to run 5k is better than just lifting weights and sitting on your ass all day

If you're looking to be a balanced faggot. LIC does nothing for gains and is a waste of time if you're already lifting everyday.

Unless you're doing keto, LIC isn't worth it.

>HIIT (High Intensity Interval Training) is the best both for cardiovascular health and weight loss purposes. Do that if you dont have time to run for 20 minutes

HIIT is god-tier, but good luck if you're maximizing lifts during the week.

>You SHOULD be stretching right now. Make it a habit. Mobility/Flexibility is really important both for gains and lift safety
>Starting Stretching is a good place to start

Nothing wrong here. If you'e new, your flexibility is likely in the shitter.

>10 mins of stretching twice a day, morning and evening, or just once if you dont have the time

This is incredibly gay. 2-3 mins is enough if you're not 40.

>>42006069
xoxo bby it's a one time thing ;)
If you're seriously interested in getting swole, checkout Arnie's routines in his encyclopedia.

(2/2)
>>
>everyone's OHPing 100kg
>and deadlifting 220kg
wonderful, a bunch of elite athletes happen to visit this vietnamese trap forum.
>>
>>42003801
I think it is called "progression" for android
>>42006075
>not starting with 1234 and getting to 2345 in 3 months before switching to an intermediate routine
I'm laughing at your genetics
>>42006041
>>42006166
kek. I'm stealing this thank you very much
>>
>>42006175
>kek. I'm stealing this thank you very much
>1 minute later
pathetic. that's a bunch of mom-tier bullshits, on top of awful recommendations. Particularly for novices. back2reddit my friend.
>>
>>42006215
CB?
>>
I'm doing Stronglifts 5x5.

Is it ok to do seated dumbbell shoulder press instead of OHP?
>>
File: 1466855384230.jpg (2MB, 2481x6600px) Image search: [Google]
1466855384230.jpg
2MB, 2481x6600px
>>41995057
what routine have you been doing?
what are your numbers?
height/weight?

what are you trying to achieve with that routine?
what is it? an upper-arms-lower-pull-push? did you come up with it yourself?
because there's a reason I wrote
in the OP
I'm not shitting on you, but just go with a known routine.
If you are still getting linear progression gains, keep up the routine you were on (which I know suspect was another DIY program, in which case, read OP.

>>41999381
>>41999397
>>41999424
no, it's a magazine-tier meme ""routine""
the lack of any weights and the "thor" name should have tipped you off
if you dont have weights or a gym, do bodyweight.
the bwg is up most of the days, or use pic related, it's great

>>41999947
it's one of the least efficient ways to train out there

>>42003841
those ab exercises dont deserve a day just for them
do em at home every day, just do weighted russian twists instead of woodchoppers and dragonflags if you dont have a pullup bar at home

>>42006215
this is delicious

>>42006328
not ideal, why?
>>
>>42003841
Those ab exercises are shit.

Isometrics don't get you better abs.

Throw in some concentrics like crunches, side twists, and reverse crunches.
>>
>>42005992
>at elite lvl you won't train 7 days a week with all that volume.
2/3/4/5 for reps isn't elite level, and if you'd bothered to read the routine I posted you notice that despite having some physical activity each day, only four of those days are serious lifting days, with the others being small, non-taxing accessory work to hit the places I need to work on.
>decline sit ups are the icing on the cake
Name better core exercises than weighted decline sit ups, weighted leg raises, and the ab wheel.
>have fun with your 100 push ups challenge against your imaginary friend.
What?

>>42006075
2/3/4/5 for reps is where you should expect to be after four years, and if I hadn't had various health problems or injuries along the way I'd likely be even further along.
>>
>>42006328
I do both, but I'm not doing Stronglifts.
>>42006372
>not ideal, why?
Not him, but db are usually more difficult and require more stabilizers. For a little more volume I pick the barbell. Alternating the two gives me the impression to focus on two different "skills" of the same exercise.
>>
>>42006449
>2/3/4/5 for reps
>FOR REPS
oh right, sorry, it was FOR REPS. And it's where you should be if you're not handicapped after four years. 2 OHP FOR REPS isn't anywhere near elite level.
5 x 100 kg OHP is World Class level for an 80 kg male. Fuck off kid.
>>
>>42006497
What the fuck are you even saying?
>5 x 100 kg OHP is World Class level for an 80 kg male
No it's not, if that were true then I go to a gym with like four world class lifters
> And it's where you should be if you're not handicapped after four years.
You're contradicting yourself a lot here. Do you come to this thread just to shitpost and provide nothing of substance? I don't understand what you think you're accomplishing here
>>
>>42006541
Here you go, pal.

https://i.imgur.com/YA1Dj.png

Not even the guy you're replying to.
>>
>>42006461
my issue is with the seated part, I really dont like pressing while seated, legs come into play, you tend to arch way more, you can "ignore" thoracic mobility, hence hindering your progress and it just becomes a very inclined bench press
I used to do them seated because I couldnt otherwise at my old gym, since I switched gym and starting OHP'ing legit my shoulders exploded, and I dont even press much, like 55kg x5... starting back after a long hiatus
I like seated db press as an accessory, it does its thing and supplements quite well, but The Press™ is just too good

>>42006449
>2/3/4/5 for reps isn't elite level
to be fair 2345 is pretty damn good mate, dont get bummed out by trolls, it's actually exceptional, almost elite on symstrenght, depending on your weight
(if you weigh 80kg your OHP is elite and the rest exceptional bordering on elite)
if you had better lifts, you would be elite or maybe even world class
check out symmetricstrenght.com
whatever routines you've been doing obviously have been working, keep on grinding
>>
>>42006541
Shut the fuck up, idiot.

https://symmetricstrength.com/standards#/80/kg/male/-

Yeah, I'm sure there's a bunch of World Class Lifters in your gym. Next time you compete in an International Event shout "2/3/4/5 FOR REPS" so I know it's you.
Btw, keeps using such a disproportionate shitty metric, never change.

>Do you come to this thread just to shitpost and provide nothing of substance?
I contributed in this single thread more than you ever will in your whole life.
>>
>>42006607
>symmetric strength
Lol?

Holy shit, I didn't think people like you were real
>>
>>42006570
There's mo way this can be accurate
I'm more inclined to believe you since you're not the other whiney cuck
I know several other guys that can do 225x5 OHP ranging from 180-220 lbs in bw, but no one thinks of it as being some great accomplishment
>>42006598
I know they're pretty good numbers, but world class or approaching it? That just seems really dramatic
The routines were just texas method and 5/3/1 BBB with a huge surplus, nothing special
>>
>>42006570
>bench - Novice
>press - Novice
>squat - Novice
>deadlift - intermediate
>>
so can i do this routine as ABxCDxA (two ligft days, one rest day)

>Day 1 - Upper Power
Bench Press 531
Pectoral Fly 3x8
Chinups 3xF + Pulldowns 3x8
BB Rows 3x6
OHP 3x6
BB curls 3x8
Tricep Pulldown 3x8

>Day 2 - Lower Power
Squat 531
Leg Press 3x8
Deadlift 80%5RM
Leg Curl 3x8
Calf raises 3x12
Abs: Weighted Sit Ups, Dips, Leg Raises, Bicycle Kicks, Planks 3x12

>Day 3 - Push
Overhead Press 531
Bench 3x8
Dips 3xF
Pectoral Fly 3x10
Incline DB 3x10
Tricep pushdown 3x10
DB lateral raises 3x10

>Day 4 - Pull
Deadlift 531
Chinups 3xF
BB Rows 3x6
Pulldowns 3x8
Facepulls 3x8
Shrugs 3x15
Curl variation 3x10
>>
>>42006731

day 1 is A, days 2 is B, day 3 is C, day 4 is D
>>
>>42006635
It's based on the same official stat data you get at exrx gathered from
>competitive weightlifter and powerlifting classification systems in use from the 1950's to present
At http://exrx.net/Testing/WeightLifting/PressStandards.html you'll get at 181 lbs aka 82 kg a value of 220 lbs aka 99 kg for The Press. And that's not even FOR REPS.
>Holy shit, I didn't think people like you were real
Sadly, I know that kids like you around here are very real. Ciao.
>>
>>42006684
>I know several other guys that can do 225x5 OHP ranging from 180-220 lbs in bw, but no one thinks of it as being some great accomplishment

OHP's probably one of the slowest lifts to progress on.

2 plate is a rarity among anyone but powerlifters.
>>
>>42006763
>for The Press
at Elite level.
>>
I don't have any machines so I had to modify P.H.U.L
Should I add/move some things to the now more empty lower days?
Is there to much volume on the hypertrophy days for a natty?

ABxCDx

A
- 4x5 Bench Press
- 4x10 incline bench
- 4x5 pendaly row
- 4x10 pullups
-3x8 Overhead Press
-3x10 barbell curl
-3x10 skullcrusher

B
-4x5 squat
-4x5 Deadlift
-romanian Deadlift
-calf raises

C
-3x12 incline bench
-3x12 flat bench dumbbell flye
-4x12 pendaly row
-4x12 Kroc row
-4x12 lateral raises
-4x12 incline dumbbell curl
-4x12 tricep extensions

D
-4x12 front squat
-4x12 barbell lunge
-4x12 squats
-4x12 Romanian deadlift
-4x12 calf raises
>>
>>42006772
actual powerlifters have a favourite lift and this usually isn't OHP.
Even deadlifting 220kg x 5 is borderline elite level, but powerlifters usually employ any kind of dirty tricks to reduce ROM to the bare minimum, at least in bench and diddies, so let's say 220kg x 5 in deadlifts is pretty uncommon for someone who doesn't compete but for the sake of arguing let's say it's possible.
Still you'll almost never see a powerlifter exceptionally strong on all the mayor compound lifts. On top of it, you'll never see a 180 lbs powerlifter moving this volume, unless he's seriously a dedicated overcompensating manlet.
>>
>>42006372
>not ideal, why?

1. There's only one squat rack in my gym and I feel bad for taking it for so long

2. I haven't done the OHP barbell lift very much and still don't have perfect form on it

3. I have some mild scoliosis and am worried about injury or causing more muscle imbalances.
>>
>>42006900
so you essentially placed pendlay in place of seated cable rows in C and back squats+romanian in place of leg extensions/curl in D?
On D you're using really taxing compounds to replace auxiliary exercises, that seems too much. At most, I'd place glute-ham raise and more lunge variations. Or forget about leg extensions/curl entirely.
On C, pendlay row is more taxing than seated cable rows.

oh, on B you placed romanians too in place of leg press/curl. Well again glute-ham raise (eventually weighted) would be a more direct replacement for leg curl. You may replace leg presses with a barbell step up (bonus plyometrics points)

That's if you believe in PHUL as it was conceived.
>>
>>42007127
>There's only one squat rack in my gym and I feel bad for taking it for so long
I know that feel. I replaced OHP with Clean & Press. If you take a break between the two movements there shouldn't be a great difference between Clean & Press and OHP, at least until you hit 1 pl8 for reps. Or unless you're using a low rep range for OHP. For shoulders I personally prefer high reps.
>>
>>42006731
>>42006743
>ABxCDxA
So, you're placing two A aka "Upper Power" exercises next to each other?
At least do ABxCDAx
It seems you mixed 531 with a different routine, you didn't just add accessory work. Too much.
>>
Started lifting when I was 16, 28 now. Been on and off, but finally got a stable job and living situation.

So my program is
5x5 Deadlift
3x10 Benchpress
3-4x10 Bent over rows
3-4x10 Rows
3-4x10 Pulldowns
3x10 Face pulls
3x10 Bottom up kettlebellpress
3x10 Lateral raises
3x10 Front lateral raises
3x10 Oblique side bends
3x10 Dips

Some crunches and ab rolls here and there

Usually warm up with 15 minute jog and finish with another 15-30 minutes.

For cardio i usually do the heavy bag or 5-7k
>>
>>42007743

Forgot to say

I dont have specific days, I just do what I feel like and hit the muscle groups that are rested enough
>>
>>42007743
>on and off
I see, that's not a routine. It's more a >>42007763
>I dont have specific days, I just do what I feel like and hit the muscle groups that are rested enough
placing a 15 minute cardio in front of a training session is horrible.
Did you post your program to ask something or...? It seems to me you're still pretty much in a "on and off" mood as far as your lifting efforts are concerned.
>>
>>42007296
I replaced all the machine exercise because I don't have any access to them.

B. Ok thank you!
C. I don't have anyway to do a seated cable row at present. If pendaly row is to taxing what should I do?
D. Ok!

So I shouldn't try to move around exceries
To the more barren days?
>>
>>42006127
Sorry, I don't understand. Put leg curls where?

2 upper
2 lower days
Upper
>3x8 db op
>3x8 db bench
>3x8 cable rows
>4x10 lat pull down
>2x10 bicep curls
>2x10 tricep exercise

Lower
(bw glute activation exercises as warmup or stairmaster)
>5x5 bench
>3x5 deadlift
>3x8-10 lunges / RDL alternating
>4x10 cable pull throughs
>4x10 seated calf raises
>>
>>42007802
>placing a 15 minute cardio in front of a training session is horrible.
Why?

Just wanted to see if anyone saw any huge errors. Usually a lurker, dont post much. So im horrible at getting all the information out at once.

I have had neck and back injuries that have forced the off time. I still cant put any significant weight on my back for squats.
>>
>>42007805
>So I shouldn't try to move around exceries
>To the more barren days?
It's up to you to believe in PHUL or not. Many end up customizing a little a standard routine, the point is not to transform a routine into something else, completely overcoming the original rationale. If you feel it has barren days as it's offered to you than you believe it fails to deliver something logical, at least for you. Then, you'd be better seeking for a different routine.

>I don't have anyway to do a seated cable row at present. If pendaly row is to taxing what should I do?
pendlay could be a replacement, in my view it's more taxing as in it's more difficult to keep the back straight as in a "bodybuilder" bent over row (45°) and even more in a seated cable row. Pendlay is excellent for explosive force. On Power days it would be nice. On Hypertrophy days it seems to me it's not really optimal (again, if you follow the PHUL dogma).
Maybe dumbbell lying rows could be a replacement for seated cable rows in an hypertrophy day? Something like 4x12
>>
>>42007988
>Why?
Glycogen depletion, plus you're overall fatiguing the body prior to your training session. If you can't live without it and you need to feel a "pump" effect before hitting the weights, just do a couple of minutes cardio. Then, warm ups (that is: dynamic stretching or a few reps of the exercise you're going to perform with a lighter weight). Place all of your cardio after your weight training and/or in a different day.
>I have had neck and back injuries that have forced the off time. I still cant put any significant weight on my back for squats.
Front squats may be a solutions if you have good wrist mobility. Or zercher squats.
The best way to recover from back injuries is doing more (not less) squats and deadlifts, with vastly reduced weights and a with a scrupulous focus on form.
>>
>>42008001
>in my view it's more taxing as in it's more difficult to keep the back straight as in a "bodybuilder" bent over row (45°) and even more in a seated cable row.
*in my view it's more taxing since it's more difficult to keep the back straight if we compare it to a "bodybuilder" bent over row (45°); and the difference is even more relevant if we compare it directly to a seated cable row.

my English went kaboom, I need some sleep
>>
>>42006598
what about standing DB press? would that be a better alternative to OHP than seated DB press?
>>
>>41999941
>shitty full body routine
See you in cbt cuz
>>
>>42008001
1. What other routines are there for a good mixture of Strength and aesthetics for natties?
2. If I kept with phul I will do that thank you
>>
>>42007561

week one is ABxCDxA
week two is BxCDxAB
week three is xCDxABx
and so forth
>>
>>42008444
so: "ABxCDx"
Still a 531 bastard with increased frequency and devoided of its scope with all that "not-so-accessory" work.
>>
File: Arnold Routine.jpg (651KB, 1081x1536px) Image search: [Google]
Arnold Routine.jpg
651KB, 1081x1536px
Rate the routine pls.

Ending my bulk at the end of july mid august just need to lose 8more pounds. I want more a of a bodybuilding routine than a strength routine,
>>
>>42008563
That's pretty bad what the fuck arny
>>
>>42008076
For the love of God, if you have back issues listen to this anon

I had debilitating sciatica. Couldn't get out of bed for nearly a week. Only way I fixed it was starting squat ALL THE WAY OVER, deadlift ALL THE WAY OVER and got form to exceptional levels
>>
>>41999381
>>41999397
>>41999424
Literally meme routines.
>>
weighted pullups
weighted dips
squats
rest day 1x a week
everything 3x3 and adding weight when i becomes easier
r8
>>
>>42009400
Exercise selection 7.5/10
Fatigue management 2.5/10
overall 5/10 you will blow past normies but not get too far
Needs more rest, deadlifts and facepulls
Minimalism implies you can barely make enough time
>>
>>42009439
>>42009400

my goal is to gain strenght

also forgot to mention im doing deloaded routine every 4th time. that means , 5x5 with half the weight
>>
>>42006041
>You don't need cardio. A quick warm-up before you lift is enough.

>If you're lifting intensely, you're doing cardio.

>If you're looking to be a balanced faggot. LIC does nothing for gains and is a waste of time if you're already lifting everyday.

>Unless you're doing keto, LIC isn't worth it.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aziz_Shavershian#Death

LOL, enjoy your heart attack faggot
>>
>>42009400
awful.
>>42009461
>my goal to gain strength
sure buddy.
>also forgot
>deloaded routine every 4th time
you shouldn't even think about deload since you're clearly DYEL. Pick a strength oriented routine if you're any serious about it.
>>
File: 1435002823945.jpg (45KB, 625x626px) Image search: [Google]
1435002823945.jpg
45KB, 625x626px
>>42009856
>you shouldn't even think about deload
you are imbecile if you dont deload.
>Pick a strength oriented routine
thats what i did, imbecile
>you're clearly DYEL
ctrl F , type weighted pullups
>yfw 1 result
>>
>>42010184
kid, if you want to quote me, quote entirely.
I told you that you shouldn't even think about deload since you're clearly DYEL. Your glamorous display of immaturity is a perfect pendant to your complete lack of a routine.
No, being able to perform three fucking reps of some kind of weighted pull ups while being an underdeveloped skelly doesn't certify you as non-DYEL. You're clearly lacking both a strength foundation and an idea of what a training should look like once you attain a strength foundation. If you'll ever attain it.
With that attitude you'll look forever DYEL. Come back when you'll end puberty.
>>
>>42008584
Not if youre on roids
>>
>>42006372
Quoting you because you seem to reply the most
A
Squat, Bench, Deadlift
B
Power Clean, OHP, Chinups
AxBxAxx BxAxBxx
Volume/intensity:
Start on Monday with 1x5 Squats and Bench, 5x5 Deadlifts
Wednesday is Power Cleans 3x3, OHP 1x5, Chinups 5x5 (weighted)
Next two workouts, alternate the 1x5 and 5x5s.
1x5s are new 5rm attempts
5x5s are 80% for lower body, 90% for upper.
3x3 power cleans are adding weight as in SS, when it gets too heavy do 4x2, then 6x1, deload, repeat
>Why I think this will work
Upper body is literally TM except V and I days are 50% more often which we want because TM is shit for upper body
Lower body (heavy) is TM except with a bit lower frequency (1.5x week instead of 2x week), which coincides with me not wanting to squat 3x week
Legs aren't neglected if you count power cleans
A bit lighter VD in squats, a bit more DLs (maybe 5x5@80% is too heavy for DLs, I might make an exception and do 3x5 for them)
I hate doing power cleans and squats or deadlifts on the same day, but this might work. Thoughts?
>>
>>42010723
don't reply to obvious shitposting
>>
File: IMG_28012016_015527.png (40KB, 148x193px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_28012016_015527.png
40KB, 148x193px
>>42010723
i sincerely hope you are baiting.i quoted pretty much your whole shitpost
>You're clearly lacking both a strength foundation and an idea of what a training should look like once you attain a strength foundation.
explain how exactly did you come up with this crap

>With that attitude you'll look forever DYEL
attitude is what makes the looks, got it

you sound like butthurt crossfitter to be perfectly honest.i also noticed that you just use buzzwords around and shit in your own mouth.im not even gonna point out your retardation as its pointless.
i dont want to repeat myself, but like i said earlier, i sincerely hope you are shitposting
>>
File: Screenshot_20170702-185050.png (314KB, 1080x1920px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20170702-185050.png
314KB, 1080x1920px
Trying to get feedback for the Viking's Bare Bones lp. Pic related plus link to explain.

https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=172565211
>>
>>42010948
Those better be total reps
All 3 routines are 9/10 in exercise selection (bit too many lower body accessories for my taste), and ?/10 in fatigue management.
>?
I mean that he doesn't specify progression method. Looks good overall, the ? is definitely above 5
If you want a program with near identical reps, sets but higher load specificity, Google Candito linear progression upper lower. There should be 4 templates: 6 week, hypertrophy, power and technique. You'll want to do the hypertrophy one (probably, judging by the program you posted)
>>
>>42000542
>>42000534
>>42000529
PLS HELP!@@@@
>>
>>42010813
I try to give everyone a genuine hint. It's up to them to catch it and to be serious about what they're doing, expecially if they are posting in a routine thread. What's utterly wrong is to allow other anons to believe that doing three weighted dips and pull ups is a strength routine because some bored fat kid decided to shitpost here with a non-routine.
But you're right, generally speaking.

>>42000529
Make sure that the barbell has exactly 5 points of contact with your body, that you're never holding the weight with your hands during the lift and that your elbows stay up for all the ROM. This if you're using the traditional tecnique. If you use the crossed arms tecnique imho it's harder to avoid some pain until you get used to it.
>>
>>42000542
Ok...?
>>42000534
>No rows
Chinups are equal to rows, do those
>No cleans
Try light snatch grip deadlifts as a variation if you don't want to do any cleans at all. They train lats, traps and grip A LOT
>>42000529
I back squat 3pl8 and front squat 2.5 no problem. We're talking ZERO pain, not "it hurts a little but don't be a pussy". Work on your form.
Something is telling me that you are just slapping the bar on your shoulders, maybe even X grip it instead of clean grip and just squat up and down.
If you X grip, don't. Use clean grip.
>But muh wrist flexibility
Google front squat wrist stretch, Alan Thrall has a great video that took me 3 weeks to acquire the necessary mobility to front squat
Also
If you just squat up and down with your legs, don't. You have to CONSTANTLY remind yourself to drive the elbows up to keep humerus parallel to floor.
>>
>>42011081
yeah my dudebro, broscience for life!
you dont even know what the fuck are you talking about.
first, you cry about foundation... tell me, what gives you better foundation than pullups squats and dips? second, you didnt evne bother to back up the shit you shat out of your mouth earlier. thrid, i was dyel skeleton and now fat kid... make up your mind already and stop calling other names because of your retardation.

i bet if you ever see someone stronger than you or someone lifting more then you, you unironically autistically screech about genetics and roids.
wake up faggot. 3x3 builds strenght despite what you say.

lastly, you brag about giving hint and legit info, and i dont see anything else then fucking memeposting. tell me what you believe ot be strenght routine so i can have a laugh.

you are the best broscientist ive ever encountered
>>
>>42010800
>>42011081
Please respond
>>
>>42011004
You're right those are total reps with the required sets. The progression method is to increase by 5lbs once the rep goal is met.
In theory this makes each set AMRAP, wasn't sure if that's good or bad honestly
>>
I would like to convert my Starting Strength routine to include handstand push ups, ring work and muscle up transitions.
Anyone got something like that?
>>
File: 1498732262657.jpg (75KB, 1225x263px) Image search: [Google]
1498732262657.jpg
75KB, 1225x263px
What does fit think of this?
>>
>>42003982
>>42006372
>>42006403

thanks /fit/, at least my push/pull is decent enough i guess
>>
File: 1493673935591.jpg (101KB, 636x636px) Image search: [Google]
1493673935591.jpg
101KB, 636x636px
r8 m8s
A: DB BENCH PRESS
DB ONE ARM SHOULDER PRESS
DB SKULLCRUSHERS
PUSH UPS
DB SQUATS

B: BB ROW
DB ROW
DB CURL
BB CURL
UPRIGHT ROWS
PULL UPS

3-4 SETS 8-10 REPS

ABXABXX
>>
File: Screenshot_20170703-102739.png (72KB, 720x1280px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20170703-102739.png
72KB, 720x1280px
Trying to get back into it
Deadlifts and squats are untrained tier because just recently my back and knee got better after years of pain. During that time I was pretty much only flat benching which gave me tits so I'm stopping flat bench for now.
>>
Does anyone have any full body routines that are good at building size and Strength?
>>
File: asdasd.png (244KB, 767x903px) Image search: [Google]
asdasd.png
244KB, 767x903px
>>42006684
they are nigga, they are
>>
>>42013532
Check out Garret Blevins; strong as fuck and full of righteous, natty wisdom.
>>
File: 1498665477405.jpg (116KB, 1080x1075px) Image search: [Google]
1498665477405.jpg
116KB, 1080x1075px
>>41992171
noob question but what does deadlfift/bench press 531 mean. what's the 531 for
>>
>>42007878
on lower, so you have 6 exercises on both days

>>42008232
didnt think about that, I guess it would work. I dont see many people doing that.
would still prefer BB ohp due to the easier overload and because I'm partial to barbells, but I would like it as an accessory or the main shoulder exercise on days I dont rep my OHP

>>42007127
I used to feel like that too, but you gotta stop worrying so much about others and think more of what's good for you.
worst case scenario, the guy will have to wait 5-10 minutes, he waited far longer back when I started, if he absolutely cant wait, you can suggest you guys alternate and switch the weights in the resting times, but he wont ask that
also dont go to the gym in peak hours
make sure to perfect your form, some rules: bracing core and lats, dont overextend lumbar, have good overhead shoulder mobility
feel free to post video form checks on here or plebbit, people will help, and if you feel like you have any health issues go to a doctor or PT, better safe than sorry. work on your mobility and do stretch, starting stretching is good

>>42010800
sorry, sleeping and then ESC'd out of my fully written 2000 words post (reeeeeeeeee)
looks good, what are your goals? is it enough volume?

>>42013241
no probs, lift away. you dont need perfection to get strong or swole. look at most people at the gym, they look greay, and they're mostly retarded

>>42006731
you copied me nigga. looks good

>>42006900
on A, make those "4" sets into 3's
on B, add a squat accessory, like leg press or lunges
on D, 2 barbell squat variations looks a bit much, scratch regular squats (and replace with leg press) and do like 3x6 on front squats, too much volume will degrade form. they're a great exercise to work on form and overrall stability
do DB lunges instead
>>
>>41992168
what does alternate between workouts means? Like i do bench press one weed and the overhead the net week?
>>
>>42007743
>>42007743
I think you would greatly benefit from more structure in your routine
depending on your goals, there are plenty of options
also do cardio after lifting, you dont do cardio to warmup, you do warmup sets

>>42008563
are you on roids?
if yes ok sure, if no, then dont do that

>>42009400
>>42009461
if your goal is to gain strenght in pullups dips and squats, then sure go ahead
if you care about the other Barbell lifts then you might wanna change a couple things
this is probably bait tho

>>42013201
you're missing a deadlift variation and hamstring accessory on Lower, you're just doing quads like this
if "machine BP" means smith machine BP, then no
do abs everyday bro

>>42013491
>>42013532
read OP

>>42013719
one day you bench, the next day you press, the next one you bench etc.
>>
>>42013673
Literally Google 531 workout
>>42013715
I'm >>42010800
I dunno if it is enough volume, or too much, or too little. That's what I'm asking essentially
I'll zoom out to help it it into perspective
Lower body is
1x5 squats, 5x5 DL
>3x3 clean
1x5 DL, 5x5 squats
>3x3 clean
Repeat every 10 days
While upper body is
>Bench 1x5
OHP 1x5, chinups 5x5
>Bench 5x5
Chinups 1x5, OHP 5x5
Repeat every 10 days
I schedule it that day because I like TM but I want to do legs a bit less ofter and pressing a bit more often
>>
>>42013843
>5x5 DL
RIP
>>
>>42014210
3x5* as in >>42010800
You know, Rip is literally the only coach who says to only do 1x5 DL
>>
Switching from LP to intermediate, but not a lot of time daily for gym...

A: Bench intensity & press volume
B: Squat volume
C: Accessories (Pendlay row, LTE, barbell curls (pick two) OR prowler pushes)
D: Press intensity & bench volume
E: Squat intensity
F: Deadlift 1x5

ABCxDEFx(x)

>Volume days: 5x3 @ 90% 5RM
>Intensity days: 1x5 top set, 2x5 90% top set backoff sets
>Increments: 5 lbs, fall back to 1.25, 2.5, or 3.75 lbs when needed
>>
>>42011135
Is this your program >>42009400 ?
Dude, he's right and you're pretty much the broscientist here "who doesn't even know what he's talking about". Your posts are so filled with childish insults it's almost painful to watch

>>42012671
Man, rings are an excellent complement to anything. If you're doing Starting Strength focus on your main program anyway. If you're past SS and you're trying to switch to something more focused on aesthetics or on bw skill imho you're better switching to something entirely different

>>42013241
You're welcome

>>42008632
Yep, I remember at the beginning of my /fit/ journey how I did deadlifts with awful form (but thankfully with babby weights) and how the pain in the lumbar region went away when I started deadlifting more often and looking at form carefully

>>42008386
Imho any PPL and similar split which allows you to adjust every 3 months or so your weaker lift is ok, just don't think there's a "most perfect" routine for everybody no matter their training history

>>42013491
start all the way up picking a novice routine, don't neglect deadlifts and squats. see >>42008632
>>
>>41994012
lol
>>
>>41994027
how to master double unders?
>>
>>42015003
why?
>>
File: IMG_4058.png (85KB, 825x1260px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4058.png
85KB, 825x1260px
Can someone rate the novice routine in pic related?
>>
>>42015957
Okay in principle: One low-ish reps leg lift (squat and diddly), a couple push and pull lifts and high reps ass and shoulder workouts. On principle it looks like the little sister of Phrak's GSLP which I always recommend to novices (>>41992436 example)
My only problems are:
1) too much variation/not enough specificity in the main upper body lifts. Why alternate between BB and DB for bench and OHP? You aren't doing it for the back exercises, why do it for the presses? You are halving the training frequency of the lifts it is practical to progress on (bench + OHP) for no real reason.
2) 6x5 is too high to comfortably increase weight every week, which is one way to define an intermediate lifter
3) That said, no method of progression mentioned, unless it's implied that the novice is every workout and the intermediate is weekly
4) I'm grasping at straws a bit here, but
a) specifying that the routine is geared towards only half the people on the planet with muscles, nerves and bones just because they have a va*ina and a bit less testosterone
b) the overly elaborate and cute formatting with text fonts, colors etc
c) some word choices like "Olympic" squat, "Barbell" bench press (as opposed to what? Dumbbell? obviously if you omit it it's a barbell),
make it seem like a PT made it to specifically cater to their female clients and make them feel invited ant at ease. Nothing inherently wrong with that, Rippetoe enlists oversimplification in his own routines (unknowingly or not) partly to cater to autists and make them feel invited in the bro culture world of lifting (I know, I acknowledged I'm reaching hard, that's not the point). But, it (4) explains some questionable choices (1, 2, 3).
What I'm getting at is you might benefit from dropping the reps a bit and ditching the dumbells on the presses
>>
>>42016083
Well then what's a better routine to get thicc then? I just want someone simple that I can progress on that's more lower body focused. Oh and I like dumbbells for upper body stuff. Seems safer.
>>
>>42015957
I don't understand what the black border means. Is it the the "link" that shows how you're alternating exercises?

You're doing back-to-back Olympic squats and only doing deads once a week. It's better to alternate with an AxBxA/BxAxB where A is squats, B is deads -- like you're doing with the other two categories.

Green cats seem like a huge waste of time -- besides glute bridges/ hip thrusts.

If you're just doing this to get exercise or get the ball rolling, it's good enough. If you're doing this for bodybuilding or strength training, it's not good.
>>
>>42016124
I want to build my lower body and irdc about my upper as long as I don't look gross.
>>
>>42016153

Squats: 4 x 10, 8, 6, 4
Front Squats: 4 x 10, 8, 8, 6
Hack Squats: 3 x 10
Leg Curls: 4 x 20, 10, 8, 6
Standing Leg Curls: 4 x 10
Straight Deads: 3 x 10

Three times a week, ripped from Arnie.
>>
>>42016164
What about my glutes? And will that build strength as well?
Looks like too much volume
>>
>>42016121
>Well then what's a better routine to get thicc then?
Your routine IS good, just not "10/10" good.
>I just want someone simple that I can progress on that's more lower body focused.
As I said before: Phrak's GSLP. Can't post the tl'dr image because it's already here >>41992436
>Oh and I like dumbbells for upper body stuff. Seems safer.
Eh, not so sure about that. For bench probably yes, but for OHP barbells are definitely 100% safer. If you fail with dumbells or face a hard grinder, there is a chance of not being able to release the dumbells at the right time and either cause shoulder injury (dislocation or rotator cuff tear for example) or dropping it on your head/foot. Barbell is much safer, either catch in the clean position or literally just let it drop in front of you.

Now that we got those out of the way, GSLP butt lower body focused (get it?)
Do everything in the picture of the post I quoted (squats, rows, deadlifts etc but keep those rep ranges and progression methods!)
For accessories, do the green stuff instead of curls/dips/whatever else GSLP suggests
Replace barbell bench with dumbbell if it feels comfier but I assure you BB OHP is the better choice. Progress by starting at 3x8 at a certain weight, aim for 3x12 and add weight when you reach that so that you drop to 3x8
Another choice that's even more lower body focused is SS. That's it, just vanilla by-the-book SS. If you don't want to do cleans do deadlifts again, for the bench issue and the accessories look above
gl
>>
>>42016198

Every one of those exercises will contribute to a better ass and strength if you progress correctly.

Volume == More (M)Ass
>>
>>42016244
>For accessories, do the green stuff
from here obviously >>42015957, forgot to specify
>>
>>42016164
>Arnie
Roider, not an example to follow
>>
>>42016267
Go back to shitposting on /r9k/ ;)
>>
rate me

AxBxAxx
BxAxBxAxx

A
Bench Press 8x8
Pull-ups 8x8
Overhead Triceps Extension 8x8
Body Drag Curl 8x8
Arnold Press 8x8
Hack Squat 8x8
Standing Calf Raise 8x8

B
Incline Bench Press 8x8
Lat Pulldow 8x8
Skull Crush 8x8
Preacher Curl 8x8
Standing DB Shoulder Press 8x8
Leg Press 8x8
Standing Calf Raise 8x8
>>
>>42016297
gr8 b8 m8 I r8 8/8
>>
>>42016302
8x8 is olev, bro.
>>
>>42016273
Amazing, well constructed argument, sprinkled with a hint of projection :^)
But seriously, don't recommend routines from literal roiders to newfriends
>>
>>42016317
Office for Low Emission Vehicles?
>>
>>42016321
My goal was to elicit that passive aggressive carrot face.

And I did.

Be gone, DYEL.
>>
>>42016244
The routine you linked says 3x5
>>
>>42016330
Yes

Jokes aside, it's my first time doing a full body routine and I stole it from Gironda with some variations, feels pretty good, gotta say.
>>
>>42016370
Yes, exactly, 6x5 is too much to progress, I said so >>42016083 here too. Remember that every time you do 6x5, you have to do 6x5 again in 2 days with 2.5 kg more. That's not sustainable
Also, it's not 3x5, it's 3x5+. Read the fine print.
>>
>>42016432
>asking a female to comprehend words
Cucked
>>
>>42016409
I don't think you'll be able to progress for long with it, it's very close to GVT which is a routine for roiders. Test it yourself and come back here when you stall for a new suggestion
>>
>>42016446
>>>/r9k/
>>
>>41994012
pls respond #2
>>
>>42016432
but a study said that a muscle has to get at least 40 reps in total per workout so i think 3x5+ wont be enough
especially for deadlifts/hamstrings
>>
>>42016472
decide if it's reps x sets or sets x reps, reformat and try again
Also, why ABCABxC and not just ABCABCx?
>>
File: Rep-Ranges[1].png (42KB, 1008x1008px) Image search: [Google]
Rep-Ranges[1].png
42KB, 1008x1008px
>>42016476
>>
>>42016484
yeah, you're right, 12x3 was actually 3(sets)x12(reps)
same goes with 10x2 and 12x1, I rewrote it here in a non consistent form. Higher number=reps, lower number=sets. My bad.
>why ABCABxC and not just ABCABCx?
on the second "B" there are 5x5 squats and 5x5 deadlifts. Plus walking lunges. Honestly, if I have to choose a day off, it's after that.
>>
>>42016498
Yes, but I'm talking about total reps.
>>
>>42016449
Will try it for 2 months then change it to some other as the small rest intervall is a killer. Will probably stick to FB routines for a while longer though.
>>
>>42016540
You saw one study somewhere a long time ago in a galaxy far, far away and became fixated. Do what you want idgaf
>>42016527
Bit better. Upon closer inspection your routine reads like "legs push pull push legs x pull"
Why are the two PPLs in different order? (A being legs while A1 being push etc)
>>
>>42016597
Alright. 3x5+ just seems like not enough volume
>>
>>42016646
If you're lifting the bar, it isn't. Get your ass up to squatting 100kg and tell me 3x5 (+, again, last set is AMRAP) is not enough
>>
>>42016597
>Upon closer inspection your routine reads like "legs push pull push legs x pull"
>Why are the two PPLs in different order? (A being legs while A1 being push etc)
It's not really a PPL but more of a "Chest and arms"/"Back and shoulders"/"Legs" split
But you're right about the ordering, it's more like "A B C B' A' X C'" and it's a kind of weakness in it. The problem is the deadlift in C, I needed to place it at least 48 hrs before the "B1" in the original post (or A' in this post).
I tried to deadlift only once a week, and if I do that I stall.
>>
>>42016704
That mistake stems from putting the deadlifts at all on back day (C). Deadlifts go on leg day.
Here is a sample routine of what happens if you put shoulders on chest day and deadlifts on leg day (aka a normal PPL)
>A
Bench 1x5 (aim for a 5rm)
OHP 5x5 (try 80-90% of last 5rm)
>B
Weighted chin-ups 1x5
Rows 5x5
C
Squats 1x5
Deadlifts 5x5
>A2, B2, C2 reverse two main lifts
Whatever 3x12 accessories you like
Bam, 3-4 days rest per bodypart
>>
>>41992171
What does LTE stand for? Googling only gives me cellphones
>>
>>42017111
google rippetoe LTE
>>
>>42016926
I feel like 1x5 doesn't really works for me any more. I can hardly "feel it" with two 5x5 exercises targeting the same muscle group (I'm somewhat past intermediate according to symstrength).
I'm considering to ditch the compound alternate set "Front squat 5x5 & Back squat" on A with "Front Squat 5x5 and Romanian Deadlift 5x5" so to remove the deadlift in "C". Romanians aren't too me so taxing as conventional deadlifts.
I moved away from a traditional PPL to focus more on shoulders and back; in particular, shoulders after chest were always deluding.
I'm already periodizing and all
>>
>>42017144
The rep ranges were an example, focus more on where the exercises are every day in this layout
Thread posts: 251
Thread images: 35

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.