[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Chiropractoracy

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

Are chiropractors real shit? I think they're full of it, but I want to know /fit/s experience with them
>>
>>41989216
buump
>>
>>41989216
Full of it. They have no medical training, it's broscience.
>>
Went to a very reputable chiro for a slipped disc (phd from palmer institute, came recommended) and the bitch made shit so much worse.
There's 3 things they do:
1) Expensive basic massages.
2) Crack your neck/back which is purely temporary relief similar to cracking your knuckles.
3) Manipulation: Using brute force to rearrange your skeleton. This is retarded and shouldn't be done near serious, complicated injuries such as anything related to your spine.
Chiro = alternative medicine = meme.
>>
>>41989263
>SOME SAY "BRO SCIENCE"
>>
>>41989265
Did you try a normal bone doctor before?
>>
>>41989293
Yeah, MRI scans and a doc saying to not do exercise for a year. Retarded shit.
Back got so much better from lifting and putting muscle on my core.
>chiro fucked me
Went to a legit physio that works with pro rugby players. Wish I had done that from the start.
>>
>>41989326
why did you go to a chiro in the first place? you have hippie friends?
>>
>>41989326
Shoulda gone to an Osteopath mate.
They're right fucking bone wizards.
They'll get ya good again.
>>
>>41989326
most herniated/slipped discs can heal in around 6 weeks - only about 5-10% of cases persist beyond that or require surgery if it's serious

personally the thought of having chiro on a slipped disc is way beyond retarded in my eyes but it's also difficult to manage for most professionals; as there can be a genuine risk of making it worse.

i'm surprised your back got worse from adding core muscles unless you had a distended gut of sorts; typically strengthening the core specifically with TA is what's going to alleviate back problems unless it's a biomechanical issue with joint discrepancies
>>
>>41989390
>most herniated/slipped discs can heal in around 6 weeks

[Citation needed]
>>
>>41989416
maybe with treatment they do.
>>
>>41989390
Reading comp fail my dude.
My back improved from core strengthening.
Physio prescribed pilates movements + bandwork + yoga has helped a lot. I was skeptical that anything could strengthen my core more than weights but was pleasantly surprised.

>most herniated/slipped discs can heal in around 6 week
I know so many people with slipped discs that are completely functional but still feel it decades later. A decade for me and my discs still look the same on an MRI and they aren't even that severe. My physio tells me this is standard and keeping my core strong for my life is my best bet. Doing the cobra pose can help force the discs back it a bit but that'st he height of it
>>
>>41989216
Enjoy your vertebral artery dissections. Chiros practice literal fucking voodoo, and there is no evidence that any of the shit they do is effective (with the exception of some low back pain, comparable to taking ibuprofen, ie it healed on its own). My neurology attending has seen dozens of vertebral artery dissections in his career from these faggots. I had a cousin with a vertebral fracture become paralysed and need emergency neurosurgery because he fell for the chiropractor meme.

They aren't healthcare professionals, and do not have real medical training. They lobby super hard to be able to be reimbursed for their meme """medicine""". They also have lots of coursework on how to make money. They learn Jew tactics like hosting free evaluation days, in which they tell you that you have some shit misaligned and they need you to come in twice a week and give them money.

This faggotry should be banned, tbqh family.
>>
great for a sore back/spine, can help with some posture issues and muscle shit massuers can't touch, but just turn off the clock when they start talking about anything not related to the spine, there's a lot of wackadoodle to be had.

Tho I did get incredibly ill after one alignment, which the chiro told me would happen, thanks to "toxin release" or some shit, and felt incredible after getting better so maybe some of them have some intuitive shit going on.

just go get your back and ribs cracked, it's a good deal usually as long as you don't stick around for the BS
>>
>>41989632
It's literally all BS. Their """"profession"""" is the Scientology of medicine. It relies purely on placebo.
>>
>>41989216
Just like in modern Western medicine, there are legitimate practitioners and there are quacks. Watch this and decide for yourself
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l33ot5y-XxY
>>
>>41989675

yeah cuz when the GP i went to said i should have my spinal column fused since i i had signs of arthritis that was totally legit.

medicine is all a fucking dart game bro
>>
>>41989216
THEY AREN'T REAL DOCTORS! I was amazed to learn that they don't go to be med school whatsoever. Most of it's all meme shit
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.