[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

are brosplits good

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3

File: 1494447892576.jpg (453KB, 885x542px) Image search: [Google]
1494447892576.jpg
453KB, 885x542px
Is any of you doing bro-splits as a natural lifter?

i have been on a push pull legs split and that worked decently and i am thinking of switching to a bro split so i can hammer each muscle with lots of volume i have been lifting for 1.4 years and i did ss which gave me some strength and very little gains before that i fucked around and did high rep bench pressing and curls and all that shit which gave me good noob gains. Whats the best way to organize a bro split or can someone give me a good ppl routine. i also have a lot of free time and im able to workout most of the weak.
>>
>>41987827
Idk why everybody on /fit/ bash it,im 3 months into it and i like it
>>
File: Photo_on_20170621_at_10.14_PM_0.jpg (57KB, 720x480px) Image search: [Google]
Photo_on_20170621_at_10.14_PM_0.jpg
57KB, 720x480px
>>41987827
I'm on a bro-ish split.

Chest/Arms, Back/Shoulders, Legs/Whatever (could be traps, Calves, forearms, whatever is lagging). 6 days a week, though sometimes I'll only hit legs once because they're a bit overpowering rn.

The best routine is the one you stick to, and I have fun doing mine so I stick to it.
>>
>>41988610
Not broish enough
This is similar to ppl
Bro split is literally three days a week chest smth day, back smth day and legs skip day. There is also 5 day variant where you do only chest monday, only back tuesday, then only legs, only shoulders and only arms. 5 wasted days kek. Benching once a week gainzzzz
>>
>>41988621
bro split just means isolating muscles and only wokring them once a week.
>>
>>41988610
what do you do for progression because its kind of demotivating me that im not making good progress
i managed to work up to a 230 lbs bench press and i shoulder pressed the 60 lbs dumbbells for a set of 8 but instead of getting stronger im stuck at 7 reps at 60 lbs dumbbells for shoulder press and my bench wont go up i know im eating and sleeping enough because im getting stronger on my pulling exercises. im really stuck and want to fix this
>>
>>41987827
>Is any of you doing bro-splits as a natural lifter?
No, and you didn't deserve a thread for such a shitty question.
>>
File: 1498771035905.png (70KB, 243x200px) Image search: [Google]
1498771035905.png
70KB, 243x200px
>>41988915
I am
>>
Put a lot of effort into lifting and eating well is good.

The specifics of your routine are minor as fuck until you're at an advanced level years down the track.
>>
I have the same question. I am doing I guess what's considered a bro-split. I make sure to do a compound lift each day (bench, mil press, DL, squat) and i do 4 sets instead of 3

Mon: Chest/Tris
Tues: Lats/Bis
Wed: Legs/Back
Thurs: Shoulders/Whatever

I've asked /fit/ like ten times over the last year if this is okay and Ive literally never gotten an answer. Ive made gains so I just say fuck it and keep going.
>>
>>41989039
If your making progress keep it up. Ideally though, and most people on this board would agree, you should hit each body part twice in one week to maximise growth.
>>
>>41989001
Post body
>>
>>41989074
Can you share a 6 day routine that is good for putting on mass?
>>
>>41988749
I pick a main compound lift for the day, and typically hit 9 sets of it - 5 straight across, and 4 back off sets with 5-10% off each set.

The first 5 sets, I start at 5x5 and increase weight each session until I can only hit 5x1. So 5x5 the first week, then maybe the next week only 5x4 but with 5lbs more on the bar, and so on. This will last a couple of months usually until I reach 5x1. Then I retest my 5rm and start over again.

Maybe it's retarded programming, I don't know, but my 5rm goes up at least 10-15lbs every "cycle" and it's fun lifting heavier weight each session (even if it's to less reps).
>>
I've been doing a bro-split 5x a week, 5 day split for awhile now.

Chest, back, shoulders, biceps, legs/triceps

It's been working very well. Natty, only taking creatine and whey. Lifts are up and growth is good. I'm about to rotate the split around to incorporate more forearms and triceps

1 ab set everyday. More abs only on "off" days.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.