[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Should I bulk, or cut and then bulk

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3

File: IMG_7975.png (2MB, 750x1334px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_7975.png
2MB, 750x1334px
Hey /fit/, currently at 175 at 5'11" and skinny fat. I've been living for about a month and have seen significant gains in my forearms, legs, and biceps. However, not much seems to be happening in my chest and belly. I eat between 1800-2000 calories consistently, although I haven't been tracking macros very well.

Here's my question- should I keep lifting and start eating at a surplus and just hope my belly turns to muscle, or should I lose a bunch of weight first and stop lifting and do cardio, and then start gaining muscle after I have a better frame?

If any clarification is needed plz let me know
>>
File: IMG_7974.png (2MB, 750x1334px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_7974.png
2MB, 750x1334px
Side pic for reference
>>
You need to lose weight while lifting. You'll get CNS gains while cutting at first. If you bulk you'll end up obese
>>
>>41987705
So should I undereat and lift st the same time? Do I just eat tons of protein?
>>
File: IMG_7977.png (1MB, 750x1334px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_7977.png
1MB, 750x1334px
Bump
>>
>>41987816
im gonna puke
>>
>>41987772
Honestly it isn't as tricky as you make it sound. Losing weight without exercise would still make you look 10x better. Stop getting tricked by all the stupid shit you read on 4chan like bulking and cutting blah blah blah it is like listening to fat women at the office.
>>
>>41987936
Would you recommend I lose weight and still lift/exercise, then?
>>
Exercise is just a cherry on top of the weight loss. Honest you could just do body weight exercises and some cardio in the beginning, it doesn't matter.
>>
>>41988018
>>41987936
dear god do not listen to this retard unless you want to be straight up emaciated. people who just run and do push-ups look like shit

the most important thing you can do for looking more muscular is lift, otherwise you're going to be skinnyfat and small instead
honestly after 2 months you probably won't see much of a difference. I think its important for you to realize now that your body is something you have to maintain.
keep lifting and cardio and eat as much protein as you can on your 2000 calorie diet. depending on your programming, once you can't add weight to the exercises you're doing you can up your calories a little bit, just keep lifting like this for like a year and you'll see significant changes, enough to the point where you'll actually be able to choose between bulk/cut because you have enough muscle to not look like shit if you do either of them
>>
>>41988073
I didn't say he had to exercise at all. If I had to give general advice to anyone overweight I would say focus on weight loss and do exercise they enjoy.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.