[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is it better to eat before or after lifting?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3

File: Peanut-Butter-Toast-4-of-14.jpg (112KB, 613x680px) Image search: [Google]
Peanut-Butter-Toast-4-of-14.jpg
112KB, 613x680px
From what I've searched, most websites say to eat before & after, but I'm on a cut and all the authors from the websites google gives me are dyels or fat fucks, so I don't feel like taking their word for it. What's fit opinion on this?
>>
as far as results go (fat loss, size gain, strength etc) meal timing is largely irrelevant and entirely up to you
do whatever fits your daily schedule and preferences the best
>>
preworkouts are a joke, if you honestly can't muster up the energy to workout, take a caffeine pill. but you should simply be able to do it though will alone. caffeine addiction is no joke.
eating afterwards does not really matter, though personally I find eating eggs/greek yogurt as fast as possible after working out to help with recovery. but studies have shown it doesn't matter, so long as you do eat and get your calories and protein in
>>
>>41985800
I never mentioned preworkouts, I just wanna know if I should bother to eat before a workout.
>>
>>41985550
For me, what makes the most sense is to hit the gym about 3 hours after you've eaten. And then after workout eat your next meal. But whatever you do should be irrelevant as >>41985745 said. I do think you shouldn't eat a big meal right before a workout though. As I said wait 2-3 hours first.
>>
>>41985800
>heh, look at me I don't need preworkout because I am superior
I used to go to the gym without preworkout for a year or so when I was younger. Preworkout has made my workouts 10x better. It's not about needing it, it's about improving your workout.
>>
I think the only trouble of eating first then hitting the weights straight away is that your stomach is still processing whatever you ate, same way you shouldn't hit the water straight away after eating.

You would think it makes sense to eat after doing a workout so your muscles get more of that good stuff that heals the rips. But I am no expert on the subject
>>
>>41985550
I would just make sure you don't eat to close to your workout. You don't want to have to take a dump mid work out. I would always feel weak when I did that.
Now I make sure if I eat before my workout it is always 2hrs and not a lot of food.
>>
File: 1489110917734.gif (3MB, 150x353px) Image search: [Google]
1489110917734.gif
3MB, 150x353px
>>41985550
Eat at least 2 meals before lifting.

Eat at least 1 big meal after.

Have pre, intra and post shakes.

Try to limit carbs to the meals on each side of the workout.

Dont forget your vitamins.
>>
>>41985550
1) Timing is irrelevant.
2) You'll workout easier on a empty stomach. If you're digesting your performance will be hampered.
3) You're welcome.

>>41988242
>at least 2 meals before
>pre,intra and post shakes
Shut up.
>>
File: Bottlecaps2.jpg (212KB, 454x456px) Image search: [Google]
Bottlecaps2.jpg
212KB, 454x456px
> Is it better to eat before or after lifting?
Yes
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.