[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Can we have a scoliosis thread? Went to the doc today, put off

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 4

File: 9k=.jpg (7KB, 270x187px) Image search: [Google]
9k=.jpg
7KB, 270x187px
Can we have a scoliosis thread? Went to the doc today, put off my shirt and shoes and after looking at my back for a second he started pointing out half a dozen asymmetries. Got scanned and I got ,according to the doctor "mild", but it sure as hell didn't look that way to me no matter how you look at it, scoliosis. I kinda want to kill myself, desu, because if I already got a lifelong disease I want it to kill me and not just make my shitty life even shittier. According to him, it will never get worse and it will never get better, but I kinda doubt that it won't worsen. Got 6 physiotherapy lessons which'll cost me 20 bucks each too, I'll see how that shit turns out.

Anyone else here has that problem and can share some experiences? This is really fucking me up.
>>
>>41983368
i have slight scoliosis too(probably due to spending entire life in front of pc in compromised position)

idgaf i just pull heavy

sometimes i do feel uneven stress on spinal erector (always left side) or hip (always right side)

my shoulders are also wonky during benchpress, left arm feels nice and stable and right one is flabbing all over the place

You c a n reduce the severity of scoliosis with exercise and strengthening / stretching muscles in critical points but you need someone who really knows his shit probably

also if it doesnt severely impact your lifts then who cares.
Dont want to be defeatist but your chances of being elite anything are slim anyway.

Be happy that you were born with your limbs

What you can try is unilateral exercises and try strengthening the weaker side
>>
>>41983368
Walk every single day
Sleep on your back
Never look at your feet while walking
>>
File: images (1).jpg (5KB, 252x200px) Image search: [Google]
images (1).jpg
5KB, 252x200px
>>41983368
I have scoliosis as well OP, mine is a 35 degree curve so it may be a little worse than yours. I've been following Phrak's Greyskull Lp and been staying VERY light with DL/squats in order to avoid injury.

One of the most important things to do is to build supporting muscle (abs, back) to take pressure off your back in the day to day.

Do your PT, and see pic related for motivation. Lamar Gant had an 80 degree curve and set countless DL world records.
>>
>>41983368
Try surgery
>>
>>41983418
Good suggestions here, just be aware that you're more susceptible to back injury so listen to your body. If something hurts, don't fucking do it.
>>
>>41983430
superior short torso leverages

(cheating)
>>
>>41983540
Yeah dude had some goddamn gorilla arms but it's still pretty fucking impressive
>>
>>41983368
Surgery will fix it no problems. You don't need the surgery, the only problem I ever had (other than aesthetics) was that I couldn't do pull ups because my muscles were essentially in the wrong place. Don't think surgery will fix everything in your life though; I got really depressed once I couldn't blame my back for all my social problems
>>
File: scoliosis.jpg (55KB, 800x459px) Image search: [Google]
scoliosis.jpg
55KB, 800x459px
You can still make it.
>>
File: IMG_4251.jpg (63KB, 576x472px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4251.jpg
63KB, 576x472px
>>41983368
Tfw spine was at a 60 degree angle.
Tfw can't do deadlifts cause the rod feels like it's tearing your back
>>
>>41983418
Are you me? Everything you said was word for word what I have going on.

I'm usually too lazy to do it due to my worlout routine but yoga really helped me with flexibility and comfort. I haven't done it in a long time but I really should
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.