[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

what's /fits/ opinion on these?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 3

File: super-deadlift-bar.jpg (12KB, 232x250px) Image search: [Google]
super-deadlift-bar.jpg
12KB, 232x250px
what's /fits/ opinion on these?
>>
I like them better than normal DLs
but I can easily do 50 more pounds on that bar than a normal one, so I consider it bogus to say the weight I do on it as my actual DL weight. same goes for using straps. it's basically cheating as it allows you to do a lot more weight with no extra effort.
>ego lifting kids tell me they can DL 400lbs
>on hex bar with straps
lmao k.
>>
File: Admiral-Ackbar-large.jpg (18KB, 720x450px) Image search: [Google]
Admiral-Ackbar-large.jpg
18KB, 720x450px
>>41978802
>>
>>41978831
>its a tarp
Come on OP.

Not using the trap bar for farmer's walks.
>>
Never seen one irl but I've only used a few different gyms. Are these common?
>>
>>41978802
they're pretty good for farmers walks
>>
>>41979305
this
>>
>tfw can't fit in them
>>
>>41978821
is chalk cheating?
is more weight not more effort?
>>
>>41979349
>is chalk cheating?
eh, depends. sweaty hands? not cheating. using it for extra grip? close to cheating
>is more weight not more effort?
not when the hex bar and straps basically make doing heavy weight easier. I DL conventional at 435. when I use a hex bar and straps, I shoot way up to 505. if that isn't basically cheating, I dunno what is. it's all ego lifter shit, a means to be able to say the number of pounds you moved is bigger
>>
Honestly I don't know much about them

Different mechanically than a normal DL and uncomfortable for me so I don't care about them
>>
>>41979373
You do realize that the reason for using chalk with sweaty hands is to improve grip, right?

I see where you're coming from in that it's a different lift so it's not a 1:1 comparison, but i wouldn't say it's cheating for the same reason. It's a different lift
>>
File: 1495838447340.png (115KB, 276x230px) Image search: [Google]
1495838447340.png
115KB, 276x230px
>>41978802
lame bitch shit for midgets with weak, doughy backs and the hip drive off a soggy turd.
>>
I don't use it but I've seen well respected trainers say they like them for sprint training due to torso angle being close to that of a sprinter
>>
>>41978802
You know for something to be cheating rules must exist. You can do whatever the fuck you want in the gym except put people in danger or break shit
>>
Ah, the famed manlet chariot.

Only for turbomanlets. Us either only when nobody is in the gym with you.
>>
>>41979373
Trap bar deads take the back out of it to some degree and also make the weight easier to hold because your hands are in a more natural position. It's not making the conventional easier, it's just not the conventional. More like a hack squat. So you can and should list your weights for them separately.
>>
>>41978802
gay af
>>
personally prefer bb deads, doesn't really matter anyway. nobody but your gay gym bro's cares about your stats anyway
>>
good substitute for those of us with relatively short arms and a history of lower back injuries. I'm done with ego lifts and back pain at this point in my life.
>>
More of a squat movement than a hinge, ie dead's. I use one for sprint training, load up about half my diddly and do sets of jumps. You'll feel it more in the glutes than your back, and if you're not taking the tension before the jump, your traps
>>
used to be my favorite lift by far but i wound up developing chronic pain in my wrist and hips from using it. really strange. it's insanley effective otherwise and i'd recommend it over almost anything else to anyone outside of competitive lifters.
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.