[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm 32 and I can't cook for shit

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

File: 13106144_Ilano_Saucepan.jpg (127KB, 798x600px) Image search: [Google]
13106144_Ilano_Saucepan.jpg
127KB, 798x600px
I seriously need help.
>>
if youre a man there is still hope

just lol @ ur life if you're female
>>
There's no excuse for not knowing how to cook when every single recipe in the world is on your phone.
>>
Watch tutorial videos on youtube, here are my favorites when i am busy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HA0sB_QCFWQ
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6tzeENbqHfw
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YZr197qDOfA
here check out these guys
>>
>>41977497
Im 24 and i know how to cook
>>
>>41977497

>get meat
>dump salt/pepper
>put in oven @ 190c (20 mins for MOST things, 1 hour for things like whole chicken and big roasts)

for side dishes just fuckin buy premade pastas/pizza dishes.

Just buy microwaveable rice and mix with eggs and blast for 1.5 minutes.

Same for beans/lentils, just buy em off a can and blast in a microwave for 3 mins or in a caserole.
>>
how the fuck is it possible to be unable to cook?

Here's how to cook

>think of food x
>google "how to make x"
>follow basic instructions a toddler could

wow!
>>
Practice. Its the only thing between you knowing and not knowing
>>
Cooking is easy. As everyone else has said, just Google shit or go on YouTube.

The bit I find really difficult is stuff like meal prep, specifically knowing how long shit is safe for. So much conflicting info out there. Ask any chef or read any government food safety advice, and they'll tell you reheating cooked rice after about 24 hours is as dangerous as swallowing an unpinned hand grenade. Yet YouTube is littered with bodybuilders who meal prep for a week, and are cooking rice 6 or 7 days in advance, and they're still alive.

Cooking shit fresh is easy - make sure anything as at the required temperature = it's cooked. The rest (flavour, etc) is all experimentation and experience.

It's when it comes to storage and reheating you enter a minefield.
>>
>>41977497
There's an entire goddamn board about cooking, this is off topic.

You can't cook because you don't cook. Start to cook.
>>
One thing no one mentions is french toast isnt bad for you its acc pre good and simple too make. Heres my recipe that makes around 3 pieces.
Ingredients:
3 pieces of bread (any bread is fine)
1 egg
1/2 cup of milk
Cinnamon
Maple syrup ( optional eh)

Crack the egg into a bowl and then add the half cup of milk.
Break the yolk and whisk together.
Add dash of cinnamon and syrup if wanted.
(Cinnamon doesnt dissolve btw)
Whisk or stir until mixed fully.
Have large frying pan on stove burner on medium heat. Let heat for 1-2 mins to minimize cook time.
Dip bread into mix ( both sides) and place in pan ( dont burn yourself)
Flip with spatula every 1-2 mins.
Do not leave unnatended and make sure to listen for sizzling to indicate it is working.
Cook until slightly btown on both sides.
PROTIP: flipping things with a spatula is hard when ur starting out and resisting the urge to use your hand to adsist is aswell do i suggest u aid the flip with an oven mitt.
Happy cookin anon hop ethis helps
(Sorry for any spelling errors im rushin
>>
>tfw don't even like eating, just do it because I have to
>dad drilled into me that he wouldn't let me leave the house until I could cook though
Glad he did desu
>>
>get pan
>apply fire
>grease the pan so things don't stick
>throw tasty shit together in the pan
>poke at it for a bit, taste it, season it, taste it
it's pretty fucking easy, OP. this is like not being able to take out the trash or do your own laundry.
>>
watch gorgon ramsey yt vids m8
>>
>>41977497
perfect one meal at a time, you will notice all things have a season and veg + meats go on special the same time every year which is the perfect time to learn how to cook a roast or soup or exotic meal.
>>
>>41979030
RUSTIC
>>
>>41977876
ck has nothing to do with cooking
>>
>>41977497
I have to admit that most people on this board barely know how to cook as well: the basics are easy and is essentially all this board knows how to do.

That being said, you can only truly learn how to cook by trying things. You can do it self guided: pick something like scrambled eggs and add whatever ingredients you want. This will help you understand the inputs different ingredients have in a dish.

Or you can do it guided through recipes: pick a book, online recipe, or a favorite cooking YouTube channel. Make the dish once. Think about how to improve the dish to your liking. Try out different adjustments. This will teach you how to balance ingredients, new cooking skills, and how to think about ingredients differently.

The key to cooking /fit/ is to be able to have the background knowledge achieved through experience, coupled with healthier choices: almond flour/meal instead of flour/cornmeal, yogurt as a dairy base vs sour cream/dairy, or leaner cuts of meat augmented for dishes with fattier cuts used.

And above all else, don't go to /ck/. They're just as bad as fit.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.