[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

When is a lifter considered intermediate? Been struggling to

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 2

File: carritcat.jpg (48KB, 500x667px) Image search: [Google]
carritcat.jpg
48KB, 500x667px
When is a lifter considered intermediate? Been struggling to find a program appropriate for me so I'm wondering when one is considered "intermediate" ?
>>
>>41974919
1/2/3/4 is considered a standard for some reason.

those are all in 5x5. people claiming 1/2/3/4 for 1RM is intermediate are fucking idiots.
>>
According to Mark Rippedtoe it's when you can no longer add weight to your lifts every week. According to fit it's when you hit 1/2/3/4/.
According to others it's someone who's been training for a year.
There is no real definition.
>>
By intermediate I tested my 1rm first time yesterday, did 345 on squat, and 245 on bench, I did it with relative ease though. I started lifting in April this year, although it's not my first time ever lifting.

By "program appropriate for me" I mean I lift in a garage with very little space for olympic lifts. I could maybe empty it out in the coming months but for now it's too dangerous.
>>
>>41974919
symmetricstrength.com
>>
>>41974933
I heard of 1/2/3/4 obviously, the 4 plate deadlift is so extremely disproportionate to the rest. It's autistic though because plates are a meme
>>
File: sym.png (354KB, 1231x790px) Image search: [Google]
sym.png
354KB, 1231x790px
>>41974933
According to Symmetric Strength those numbers are mostly proficient/advanced
Assuming your 5x5 weight is roughly equal to your 7 rep max.
>>
>>41974964
I tested my 1rm based on my 5x5 work weight assuming my 5x5 was my 5RM
>>
I was going to do 5/3/1 but i have no access to leg press and other fancy shit. I was going to do texas method but cant clean inside garage. Don't know what to do.
>>
>>41974974
Then you could've probably lifted a bit more.
>>
>>41974991
Yeah but I was already tired and then failed the next rep on squat when I tried heavier
>>
>>41974983
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_drttm5r66A
>>
>>41975148
it's not about the concrete. I just dont have any space to bail if i drop it.
>>
>>41975243

You can do Texas method without the clean
>>
1/2/3/4 is only intermediate in terms of powerlifting
1/2/3/4 is pretty advanced in terms of normies/non autistic closet homos

Go to the gym and see how many people are OHP a fucking plate lol
>>
>>41975315
then it's not the texas method?
>>
>>41975344
you have no clue what the Texas method is, huh
>>
>>41975363
it has cleans in it, huh
>>
>>41975370
Texas Method is more about manipulating more variables then just adding weight each session. Download Practical Programming
>>
>>41975370
TM is only a template.
The power clean is a light pull that is used to accumulate volume. You can pretty much replace it with any deadlift variation or assistance exercise you want with low weight and many reps, or even not do it at all as long as your deadlift increases.
>>
>>41975438
what about pullups?
>>
>>41974919
I'm on starting strength for about 2 months and my lifts are 155, 265, 335, 405. I'm a 5'8" 190lb manlet gorilla. if that gives you any perspective
>>
>>41975445
Fuck me if I know. I don't remember anything written about pullups. If you follow the 3-day TM, you can try doing 3xF on volume day if you have enough energy left. Then, on intensity day you can do 3x5 weighted pullups. If you find that's too much, you can try 2 or even 1 set. I'm a DYEL though, so don't take my advice too seriously.
>>
>>41975370
TM is just splitting lifts into volume and intensity days and progressing weekly instead of daily. You can do it for literally any exercise variation.
>>
>>41975571
so what can i replace back extension and cleans with
>>
>>41975871
whatever the fuck you want. SLDLs, good mornings, reverse hypers, lunges for back extensions

cleans could be rows, pullups, chinups. do whatever the fuck you want after the main 4
>>
>>41975898
So how would I replace the cleans of 5x3
5 sets of weighted pullups for a 3 rep max?
>>
>>41976103
3x5 or 3x8 or 3x12 or 3xF or whatever you want. Just try and see.
Cleans are only done for sets of 3 because even a little fatigue can destroy your explosion.
TM is not a cookie cutter program, really. Decide which basic lifts you want to get strong at, then periodize them as >>41975571 said. Read Practical Programming for Strength Training to get some ideas about how to do that. Not everyone is the same and at this stage, nobody can tell you exactly what to do. Get informed and try stuff until you find what works best for you.
>>
>>41976461
I want to get good at the 4 main lifts, you can see my info above in thread. I like a mix of strength and bodybuilding. Meaning, I don't want to just train strength and look like a blob but I dont want to train bodybuilding and be a skinny fag. I wanna train my strength to a respectable level, then decide from there which lifts I want to focus less on, like bench press for example. I'd prefer to not have a huge chest
Thread posts: 29
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.