[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

10 Things every lifter should be able to do

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3

File: overhead-squat.jpg (31KB, 350x444px) Image search: [Google]
overhead-squat.jpg
31KB, 350x444px
Can you do this, /fit/?

1. Bench Your Bodyweight
2. Deadlift double your Bodyweight
3. Hold a 2-minute plank
4.Sleep with only one pillow
>How many pillows do you need? If you answer more than one, you need mobility and flexibility work, and maybe even a visit to the physical therapist. Having to prop your head so far forward is a sign you could be dealing with some kyphosis – excessive curvature of the spine causing a hunching of the back.
5. Sit on Floor Without Using Hands, Knees, or Shins
>Go from standing to sitting on the floor without any assistance of your hands, knees, or shins, and then get up without putting weight on any other part of your body other than your feet.

This test literally can save your life, and the research bears this out. It gives some insights, statistically, into your life expectancy. (Look up Dr. Araujo at the Clinimex-Exercise Medicine Clinic if you want the details.) It's also very predictive of long-term flexibility, physical strength, and coordination.
6. Balance on One Foot for 30 Seconds
7. Hang for 30 Seconds, then do a Pull-Up
8. Do a Standing Long Jump your height
9. 30-Second Bodyweight Squat and Hold
10. Farmers Walk Your Bodyweight

Focus on what you need to do, not necessarily on what you want to do. That's the secret to strength training success. But how do you know what you need to do? Easy. Make sure you can do everything on the following checklist. Any shortcomings will shine a bright light on your weaknesses, then you can fix them and get better.

https://www.t-nation.com/training/10-things-every-lifter-should-be-able-to-do
>>
yea

you should be able to do this after like a year of lifting.
>>
troll thread, all this things are easy and can be done on first month of lifting
if you're not aiming for 2/3/4/5 just leave this board or kys u pleb
>>
File: 1484516072058.gif (992KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
1484516072058.gif
992KB, 250x250px
>>41969042
>without any assistance of your hands, knees, or shins

using your hands i get, but using your knees or shins? you expect us to just fall over and then levitate back up?
>>
>>41969042
What about cardio? Can you run 5 miles?Swim all out for 10 minutes straight? Sprint half a mile?
>>
>>41969091
Squat ATG then stand back up.
>>
>>41969076
Its not a list you can brag about. If you cant do all of these, then there are problems that need addressing.
>>
>>41969112
ATG doesn't mean your ass is literally touching the ground, that still doesn't work
>>
>>41969042
>4.Sleep with only one pillow
How is this fitness related?
>>
>>41969113
I would wager that 90+ percent of the population can't bench bodyweight.

I would wager that the majority of "lifters" also cannot bench bodyweight.
>>
>>41969328
Some people so shitty mobility its hard for the average person to comprehend.
How on earth can you not get up without help of knees or arms when sitting down? Are you guys serious? If you really have problems, just cross your legs and stand up.
>>
>>41969091
Mate its pretty simple. Try it out.
>>
>>41969349
Well good, then people know one weakness and can work on it.
>>
>>41969042
>sleep with one pillow.
Why would I subject myself to that.
I sleep with five pillows and that's my new minimum.
>>
File: 1495129715231.jpg (16KB, 439x480px) Image search: [Google]
1495129715231.jpg
16KB, 439x480px
>>41969042
>4.Sleep with only one pillow
>>
>>41969105
>Swim all out for 10 minutes straight?
What did he mean by this?

OP, i think a muscle up should be added to that list.

In the very specific situation that you're hanging for your life below a bridge. it would be vital.
>>
I'm some skinnyfat turd and can do all of these except for the first 2, this doesn't seem like a very good indicator of anything.
>>
>>41969430
Not even that specific. Was at a rave party and nearby there were some containers on a construction site. you had to jump up, cling to the edge, pull yourself up. Took me two seconds, some others didnt manage to get up or needed others to press them up. If you can deadlift 350pounds but cant do a muscle up, its time to reevaluate what you are doing
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.