[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Redpill me on bcaas. What are they best used for? Or are they a meme?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1

File: IMG_6395.jpg (261KB, 1600x1600px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_6395.jpg
261KB, 1600x1600px
Redpill me on bcaas. What are they best used for? Or are they a meme?
>>
>>41965749

They are pretty much the definition of a successful supplement industry meme.

They don't do anything.
They are found in abundance in all good sources of protein including whey protein.

The shills tried to push for a while that they help with fasted workouts, which has been shown to be pretty much bollocks.

Don't waste your money on BCAAs.
>>
>>41965749
marketing meme like all supplements

protein powder is food so I don't consider it a supplement
>>
Layne Norton advocates them so you know they're 100% meme
>>
I take them whenever I need to do physical activity on an empty stomach (IE work, lift, etc)
Idk how useful they actually are
>>
>>41965764
>>41965762
What do people hope to achieve by using them? Because when I ask people why they use them they don't really even know. They just heard somewhere that it's a good idea
>>
>>41965819
Can you tell if they make any difference?
>>
>>41965825
I think it does, feels like it lets me go a little longer
But you're not supposed to 'feel' them, they just prevent muscle catabolism on an empty stomach
supposedly.
>>
>>41965854

Holy mother of placebo. You're throwing your money away, you chump.
>>
>>41965749
>buying acids from gnc at cut throat prices
>not utilizing natural stomach acids and battery acid for a cheaper alternative

Not gonna make it
>>
They are not a meme, but almost everyone uses them incorrectly. They MUST be taken in conjunction with food to be of any use, so those idiots you see that say they are good when fasting? WRONG.

Good info here: https://www.baystrength.com/bcaas-a-quick-and-easy-users-guide/
>>
>>41965749

BCAA is badass. Put them in your PWO and you become the energizer bunny. Unlimited energy + no burn.
>>
>>41965821

Pretty much that is the reason.
They heard they were good from some other bro.
>>
>>41965854
>feels like it lets me go a little longer

yeah cos the body is converting them to fuel via gluconeogenesis lmao...
>>
An elite MMA/bodybuilder I know advises to carb load up on BCAAs to increase performance
>>
>>41966150
bodybuilders are poor

supplement companies pay them to promote their gimmicks
>>
>>41966150
Have you ever wondered if they're just suffering from placebo too? Most people don't know shit about anything, and just go off their subjective feeling
>>
>>41965749

I consume them during training, that's about it.

Particularly helpful during times of low-carb dieting to help stave off lean mass losses, but nothing amazing.
>>
>>41965749
You don't need them.

They add small percentages, for when you can't get any more out of the current situation.

Don't waste your money. Just train harder and smarter. Get rest. Eat good food.
>>
>>41965749
They're really really really good if you're using insulin preworkout and you put them in an intraworkout drink with some other stuff.
For a natty I'd say they're a meme.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.