[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Best Bodyweight + Dumbbells weekly split

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

File: 13711081574709.png (117KB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
13711081574709.png
117KB, 320x240px
Going to the gym is not an option so I'm looking for the best possible home split that will hit every muscle twice a week and involves nothing but the floor and a set of adjustable dumbbells. I also use a weighted backpack for squats and pushups.
My main concern is distributing the exercises in such a way that my triceps and shoulder fatigue don't get in the way of my chest training, which revolves around slow, heavy, targeted pushups. I used to complement that with chest dips but taking a break due to back pain.
Ideas?
>>
Nobody?
I guess that's what I get for not uploading some naked instagram whore.
>>
>>41959560
Sorry anon I have no ideas but here's a bump
>>
>>41959689
Entitled?
You are not owed a response.
You are owed nothing.
>>
check scooberts website
>>
>>41959720
TIL a self-bump means I'm entitled.
>>
File: tumblr_nllwkx7yNQ1u9ftrro1_500.gif (1001KB, 500x276px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nllwkx7yNQ1u9ftrro1_500.gif
1001KB, 500x276px
>>
>>41959727
Sounds more like whining to me.
>>
>>41959727
gb2reddit, or do this
>>41959477
>>
>>41959560
The majority of this board is either

1. powerlifting
2. Cardio + weight training (fatass fags)
3. crying about something they can't control
4. Asking retarded questions
5. Bodybuilding
6. Calisthenics
>>
>>41959770
You're right, I probably would have more luck on reddit, as /fit/izens seem far more interested in posting in the tenth daily "why even lift if I'm a manlet" thread than actually having a useful discussion.
>>
Do you think you would be stronger by lifting or living your daily life under increased gravity for an extended period of time and then experiencing regular gravity? Or would your body just adjust to the new gravity very quickly?
>>
>>41959829
/fit/ died when Zyzz died.
>>
>>41959891
Knowing me, increased gravity would fuck my back up even more, but for the average person? Don't know.
I assume spending a couple of hours each day at a higher gravity would be equivalent to a very high volume but low intensity workout. Might work, unless your organs and joints start complaining. Bloodflow might also be messed up by changing gravity.
>>
>>41959560
>the best possible home split that will hit every muscle twice a week and involves nothing but the floor and a set of adjustable dumbbells.

that was my initial setup. you can make do with what you have, but you'll find yourself limited in what you can do for your legs (dumbbell split squats, dumbbell RDLs, pistol squats...) and chest (as your ROM will be restricted by the floor on things like flies and presses). you'll also probably find that, with (adjustable) dumbbells, it's a real fag to get the weights into position for floor presses and shoulder presses once the weight increases far enough

some suggestions:
1. it might be looking at plebbit's bodyweight subreddit (https://www.reddit.com/r/bodyweightfitness/wiki/faq)
2. you can (with some exceptions) find direct substitutes for any barbell exercise that use dumbbells; you can therefore take any generic barbell routine and modify it accordingly
3. you shouldn't worry about tricep and shoulder fatigue unless you're doing gymnastic manoeuvres that stress your connective tissue—it's entirely possible (but not really advisable) to bench press and shoulder press every day. you'll adapt to the training load (unless that load is enormous)
4. benches are cheap, compact, and widen the range of things you can do
>>
>>41959952
I'm definitely planning to get a bench and other equipment eventually, but for now I'm trying to get creative with what I have.
For chest, I do fist pushups on stacks of books for the increased ROM.
I've only been seriously working out for a few months, so I'm nowhere near a plateau.
>>
>>41960007
push-ups are fine to start with. there are progressions you can work towards: diamond push-ups, weighted push-ups [with your vest], Archer push-ups, one-arm push-ups. (if you buy a pair of rings, you could do some variations with them, also, but you'd need a place to hang them.)

if you can fix your back: (weighted) dips are great. there are also progressions towards the planche, which also works the chest, but that's a fairly long path
>>
>>41959560
Monday: Chest(Pushups), Back (dumbbell rows, supermans)
Tuesday: Bis, Tris, Neck
Wednesday: Shoulders, Forearms(wrist curls), Legs (backpack squats)
Thursday: Chest, Back
Friday: Bis, Tris, Neck
Saturday: Shoulders, Forearms, Legs
Sunday: Rest
>>
>>41960107
Already do diamonds and weighted, gradually making them harder as I go along.
I hope I can get back to dips soon.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.