[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Beginners Advice

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

File: IMG_20170628_132713.jpg (673KB, 1027x2753px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170628_132713.jpg
673KB, 1027x2753px
Hello /fit/,

I am recovering from depression and want to change my life for the better. I have been lurking on fit and I read the sticky. Now I want to start with SL 5x5 but Should I try to cut away the fat first or just eat at maintenance and hope for the noob gains?

>6'4"
>83kg
>>
>>41959232
>should I cut first
You have nothing to cut to and you don't have that much fat. Start EATING (A lot), start LIFTING (Heavy shit), and read the sticky.
>>
Enjoy looking like shit with memelifts 5x5
>>
Only eat a lot if you can eat clean
>>
>>41959232
If you do SL 5x5, don't just do the main three and leave, add in chins/dips and more accessories. You're only going 3 times a week so might as well actually get shit done.
>>
Start lifting, eat at maintenance, make sure you eat sufficient protein.

If you start losing weight/stall very hard, reconsider your diet. Up until that point just push on - I think you have at least several months until you reach that point.

Make sure you watch videos on form for all of the lifts. Keep at it, you'll feel a lot better and you will see results.
>>
>>41959245
okay thanks, well in the sticky are links to a guy talking like you have to be at 10% bf first.
>>41959261
Like another anon proposed i'll add accessories that are mentioned like chin up's, dips and so on
>>41959265
I enjoy cooking and eat pretty healty since diabetis runs im my family and i don't want that shit.
>>41959275
Okay I will do that. Would you recommend to do add all accessories from the start or ease into them?
>>41959291
My calculated maintenance is around 2700 cal eating that isn't to much of a hassle, eating more is what would cause me trouble if i want to do it in a clean way. I want to start with my brother so that we can look at our form in addition to watching videos for a good form.

Also thanks to you all!!
>>
>>41959232
What the fuck do you have to be depressed about at 6'4
You've won. It's over, you're a winner. You could be dumb as shit and ugly as sin, and you'll still do fine for yourself in life by virtue of your height alone.
>>
>>41959645
My ex gf's mother died and she got cancer both of it made her emotionally unstable and a cutter.

She dragged me down the same hole before I realized. Cut off contact and am recovering now as I said.
I never had to think about my height so my mind came up with other shit i guess...
>>
>>41960268
lmao
>>
>>41960268
>>41959645

Lmao, manlets are incapable of thinking about anything but height. It's so pitiful
>>
>>41960333
Makes you happy to be tall
>>
>>41959232
I would suggest you continue eating at your maintenance however try out myfitnesspal for tracking macros as the right foods will help with the strenght and building muscle.

Also props for wanting to change. You sound like a decent guy. Best of luck!
>>
>>41960579
Thanks anon, will do that. Already started using that app but have go get more religious about writing everything down.

Thanks for motivating me! Almost dropping out of college opened my eyes, couldn't continue throwing it all away.
>>
>>41959232

you're pretty tall OP so you'll be fucking huge if you do this right. SL5x5 is fine, ignore people telling you otherwise. you can reduce it to 3x5 if it's too much volume for you, and i would probably recommend doing so. in addition to what other anons have said, make triple sure that your form is PERFECT. and i literally mean perfect. one of my friends hurt his shoulders really badly some months ago and he still can't do OHP because he can't raise it properly. stay safe, don't injure yourself by ego lifting with shit form because the loss in gains isn't worth it. good luck, and good luck with the depression; i can tell you from experience that exercise really helps
>>
lol niggas
just take things up and put them down
repeatedly til you can't
that's all it takes
>>
>>41961120
Getting huge would be the perfect side effect of getting fit and managing depression. For the form I am already a bit concerned because i have long legs , so i'll try my best to get it right

My therepist also mentioned that being active helps getting a better perspective on all of it.
Nice to hear, that it helped you or someone you know :)

Would you suggest trying 5x5 and switching to 3x5 after the second deload or even earlier? I guess these considerations are still a bit into the future but better to be prepared.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.