[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

MMA conditioning

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 4

File: ArnoldSchwarzenegar.jpg (12KB, 467x359px) Image search: [Google]
ArnoldSchwarzenegar.jpg
12KB, 467x359px
Hi, /fit/. I've been lifting for the past couple years. Just started watching UFC this year and I'd like to try it. Right now all I do is lift, but for the last week i've slowly added in some low intensity cardio.
I'll shadowbox, lie down and get back up explosively, or do other random low intensity shit
Any /fit/izens know very common mma conditioning activities? I'm already doing jogging and jump rope already.

I don't believe that being world class in a general cardio activity like running will necessarily make you better at a different cardio activity such as rowing, so with that i believe its important to know the most common MMA gym activities and not train something useless
>>
sparring
>>
Take a martial arts that's good for UFC. Boxing and BJJ are two of my favorites, but there's more to choose from. Not only will you know HOW to attack, but the classes will also condition you.
>>
>>41958730
>Just started watching UFC this year and I'd like to try it.
wew lad
>>
battle ropes and hit tires with a hammer
>>
>>41958751
I forgot to mention I found an MMA gym near my apartment. The purpose of this thread is to figure out how i can best prepare myself (read: my cardio) so I can go balls to the wall in training right away when i start
>>
>>41958803
>so I can go balls to the wall in training right away when i start

that's a great way to get injured real quick.
cardio will not prepare your body for the strains of mma training, and especially not "balls to the wall". just start training asap. that'll be the best you can do, and you'll learn your what you need to work on. then you can increase intensity progressively.
>>
>>41958803
>>41958884
seconding this. Don't go balls to the walls in sparring or training right away.

Do hill sprints.
>>
>>41958884
>>41959075
alright, thanks bros
>>
File: Yip_Man.jpg (10KB, 185x273px) Image search: [Google]
Yip_Man.jpg
10KB, 185x273px
>>41958730
Good on you picking a contact sports.

I've practiced Muay Thai for about 2-3 years now and kickboxing for 4 years. I can tell you that one of the more important things is stamina/endurance, to be able to still stay woke when being hit with kicks and hooks etc.

One of the best ways to train this is by sparring, but also through cardio. Running atleast 5km in a decent time every 2nd day should be doable.
>>
File: imagesTHXITUOV.jpg (8KB, 283x178px) Image search: [Google]
imagesTHXITUOV.jpg
8KB, 283x178px
>>41958766
fucking kek
>>
File: FitMA.png (2MB, 1024x4521px) Image search: [Google]
FitMA.png
2MB, 1024x4521px
>>41958730
>this thread will do it

Another MMA related question: been doing BJJ for 4-5 months. I have the option to start kick boxing, (self-defense) karate or/and judo next Autumn.

Leaning towards judo at the moment, how much different will it be from BJJ? How applicable it is in real life, eg. on the street?

Also how much different is kick boxing from Muy Thai? My current gym offers courses in the aforementioned but another gym nearby has MT classes.

Not going to UFC myself, fuck that noise, just doing this because of fun, health reasons and if I possibly need to defend myself in some way (working as a security guard).
>>
>>41960070
Judo will highly compliment your BJJ, and would help in a real fight when things turn to grappling range so you can avoid being put on your back and can throw pretty much anyone.

Muay Thai is generally more focused on clinch work than kickboxing but both are similar.
>>
>>41958803
>mma gym nearby
>wanna go balls to the wall day one
Please be my gym. Please be my gym...
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.