[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Routine Recommendations

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3

File: mattie-rogers-120-e1441895656933.jpg (180KB, 1336x772px) Image search: [Google]
mattie-rogers-120-e1441895656933.jpg
180KB, 1336x772px
My LP on Starting Strength is tapering down. I'm so much stronger, but I think it's time for me to explore new horizons.

I want to continue doing the Barbell lifts and focusing on strength, but I'd like to see a little more hypertrophy (particularly in the legs) than I did with SS. Any routine recommendations or programming resources you'd recommend?
>>
The journey by Greg nuckols
>>
5th set
Juggernaut Method
>>
>>41957642
>more hypertrophy in the legs than SS

are you mentally ill
>>
File: JHOc2rk.jpg (427KB, 1050x591px) Image search: [Google]
JHOc2rk.jpg
427KB, 1050x591px
>>41957648
Greg Nuckols is a meme and should not be listened to.
>>
>>41959412
got more out of his int med 3x bench program in a month than i did out of 3 months of sheiko
>>
>>41957642
>I'd like to see a little more hypertrophy (particularly in the legs) than I did with SS
if you did things right you will never again (without roids) see more hypertrophy than you did as a beginner doing SS. people who don't see hypertrophy on SS aren't eating enough food.
>>
>>41957642
Read practical programming for strength training
>>
gslp
>>
>>41959448
you can definitely make more size gains as an early intermediate on a higher volume program, especially upper body which SS neglects severely (3x5 bench an average of 6x a month? fuck off)
>>
>>41959476
no, you won't. novice gains trumps all if coupled with enough food. and SS doesn't "severely neglect" upper body. the fact that you think that makes it clear you have no idea what you're talking about.
>>
Programming is a fucking MEME created by internet dwelling NERDS. Chad doesn't PROGRAM. Chad just LIFTS.
>>
>>41959485
wrong
>>
File: SS overrated.jpg (972KB, 2704x1212px) Image search: [Google]
SS overrated.jpg
972KB, 2704x1212px
>>41959485
SS is for pussies who are afraid of putting in real work
>>
>>41959513
>failed to produce a single successful athlete
Joseph Pena squatted well over 300kg as a superheavy sub junior using rippetoes methods solely.
>>
>>41957642
Texas Method, has a hypertropy day every week
>>
>>41959485
Novice gains are almost entirely neuromuscular.

In fact, the whole point of intermediate programs is incorporating volume (hypertropy) work in a mesocycle.

Anyway, after you crap out SS, TM has the next best progression for squats, okay for dls, and even the bench isn't as bad S people say.
>>
>>41957648
meme
>>41959372
meme
>>41959465
meme
>>41959472
meme
>>41959988
meme

Program your own with http://docdro.id/vds9A30
and eventually http://docdro.id/cipUhzV
>oh no 750+ pages
you can get the relevant bits in a couple of days (that's significantly less than the time you'd waste wandering with shitposts) and keep it for further reference

you're welcome

btw, move your puny ass to >>41958992
>>
>>41959513
....... Are you trolling?
> Izzy the award winning powerlifter and certified strength coach
> best total is around 1350 at 220 lbs
> starting strength coach
> in his own bio says layne 'natty' norton and rippletits are his inspirations
> uses a product of rip to rebut rip's training methods...

Are you really really poorly informed or a shit troll? Genuinely confused
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.