[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I was having problem with form with different exercises so I

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 4

File: 1497883652519.jpg (1MB, 1080x1920px) Image search: [Google]
1497883652519.jpg
1MB, 1080x1920px
I was having problem with form with different exercises so I talked with my gym's PT,
basically I'm doing everything wrong with my scapulae (and one of them is slightly winging out),
to the point where I had to drop 3/4 of the weight I normally do and start everything again,
only to find out that the area inbetween my shoulders gets tired very fast and I can't do properly most upper body exercises.

>how do I strenghten the muscles in my upper back?

Also he made me go from 5x5 to this routine:

day 1
>bench press 8x5
>inclined bench press 8x3
>push ups 12x1
>pullover 15x3
>cables push downs 8+8+8 x4
>crunches n shit
day 2
>assisted back squat 8x5 (removed)
>45 degree press 10x1 (removed)
>free squat 15x1
>shoulder press 8x5
>free weights shoulder press 12x1
>inverse crunch 20x5
day3
>pull down 8x5
>pulley 8x1
>rear raises 12x1 (removed)
>curls 8+8+8x4
>pull over 15x3
>crunches 20x5
>plank

He told me not to squat when I told me I needed help with the form, I suppose for safety,
but fuck that I'll make him help me with that next time.
Should I ingore it and go back to 5x5?
>>
>>41952346
sounds like you are being jewed for gains.

i would rather say keep doing 5x5 and add in some chin ups after every workout as well as some band pull aparts in between every push set and band/cable facepulls after every other workout.

im no PT though
>>
>>41952393
I think the routing is targeting pretty much the same muscle groups, just with more isolation.

I would stick with 5x5 just because it's simple, but I'm not sure what to do since my form is shit.
>>
>>41952542
>lower the weight
>practice form on warmups
>focus on form before moving up weights
>watch youtube videos on form
>ask some gym bros who does compound lifts and lift rather heavy if they mind seeing if your form is alright
>go to a powerlifting or weightlifting gym and get a professional's help
>>
>>41952346
Sauce??
>>
>>41952617

This
>>
>>41952619
That's my PT
>>
>>41952346

GIB MILKIES
>>
File: img.png (8KB, 296x145px) Image search: [Google]
img.png
8KB, 296x145px
>>41952617
>>
>>41952617
Striderscribe
>>
>professional tells him what do
>lol no lets ask neets
>>
>>41952393
did you come from the same thread? >>41952806
>>
>>41952617
http://anon-ib.tv/cosp/res/43132.html
>>
how the heck is this girl only 18
>>
File: juliette.jpg (93KB, 960x960px) Image search: [Google]
juliette.jpg
93KB, 960x960px
>>41953462
I know I was surprised too, its like how bishoujomom is19
>>
>>41952346
>winged scapula
>gives you only scapular protraction exercise
>only one set of 12 reps of push ups
>ppl routine for a beginner
>i bet it's only 3 days a week also

This is why pts are not to be trusted. You're literally better off using internet forums and watching YouTube videos.

Do push ups, dips, and kneeling 2 armed landmine presses (i think "buff dudes" have a good video about this). This will strength your serratus anterior and improve scapular winging, assuming you even have it and your pt isn't just turbo retarded.
>>
>>41953540
make up friends, its the make up
>>
>>41952346
PT here. No, stick with your program. Not the weird one he created for you.
However, I highly suggest watching the video in this link. It's a good routine to make you (or anyone with shoulder issues) have better scapular/humeral rhythm and stability. These exercises are best placed after your actual workout.

http://www.dieselcrew.com/how-to-shoulder-rehab
>>
File: IMG_5422.jpg (139KB, 1080x809px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_5422.jpg
139KB, 1080x809px
>>41953599
Also, I'd like to add read How to Be a Supple Leopard. The author has excellent mobility drills and great ways to break up tough tissue that can restrict correct movement
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.