[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Planet Fitness?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

File: PF.png (19KB, 319x158px) Image search: [Google]
PF.png
19KB, 319x158px
I just moved and pic related is the only gym in my area. Do I sell out to the evil empire or just buy some weights to use in my garage? Also, pf anecdotes/stories are appreciated.
>>
That's a fatty gym. Don't go there.
>>
>>41950786
(((planet fitness))))
you might as well do crossfit
>>
If you're new to lifting, you can fuck around with dumbbells for a while until you grow out of them. You can look up routines people have made specifically for people who are stuck with PF online. Don't use the smith machine, especially if you want to do squats/DLs/benches etc. later as it will ruin your form.

Yeah PF sucks but if it's all you got and it's only 10 bucks you can make do until you find a better gym.
>>
>>41950786

If you're using it as a social club and don't mind bottom-feeding, you're in for a treat.

>fatties turning themselves around
>huge initial gains, endorphins rushing
>will take any attention

Great place to get STDs.

>stay at home
>mirror and stop watch are the only motivators

Sometimes even a fatty will do for motivation. You clearly don't have it for yourself or you would already be working out at home.

So go. But at least get some ass out of it.
>>
>>41950890
No matter where I go in life I will never escape /pol/. But you're right, probably the most Jewish of all gyms
>>
>>41950786
Pros:
-Only $10/month
-free bulking food
-seriously free fucking food
-they still have dumbbells and pull-up bars so you can at least stay in relatively decent shape and even build a bit of muscle

Cons
-You have to try to blend in with all the rejects while at the same time making your gains so you don't seem judgmental

You could do just fine, it's a great value if you manage to keep your membership.
>>
>>41951018
I heard they didn't even have pull ups which would be a huge downside but, people have told me to just put all the weight on the pulldown machine and use that for pullups
>>
>>41950786
Take this opportunity to build a homegym so you can do all of your nice compounds and barbell work. and then pay the $10 a month to use their cardio and accessory equipment
>>
>>41951032
Alternatively you can use the smith machine. Set it high, bend your knees back, and start pumping them out. Should be fine unless you're really tall.
>>
>>41951046
Honestly anon, smart thinking. I was thinking it was one or the other but both can't hurt
>>
>>41951059
You can also eat more than 10$worth of food during their pizza bagel days or whatever.
>>
>>41951094
They are literally the ultimate capitalists lol. Market to fatties, keep them fat, keep them coming.
>>
>>41951059
it's what i did and it's been working out great. You can build your own powercage for like $250 (Buff Dudes DIY tutorial on Youtube) and then pick up some second hand weights for cheap and have a nice homegym setup for like $500-600. Having access to cardio equipment and stuff is nice for $10, especially for winter months
>>
Buy some gear and start your own rival gym with no cardio equipment.

Give it a hardcore type name
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.