[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Free weights vs machines

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 4

File: wtf.png (30KB, 657x527px) Image search: [Google]
wtf.png
30KB, 657x527px
Newfag here. I've been working out solely with machines for the past year due to autism and being too much of a pussy to take up space by the free weights. I read the sticky and there it said "Machine exercises are inferior to using free weights in almost every situation.".

Would you say this is true? If so I might consider changing. But why would there even be machines if they are so useless? Just to make people like me feel better?
>>
>>41948526
Same situation with me, machines are way easier I believe but you don't hit all muscle groups only isolated muscle, which also makes you look big but you won't have too much usefull strength
>>
>>41948526
People refuse to pay the extortionate gym fees of they go in one and there are only free weights. You need machines to trick people into paying for them. Then they give you those shitty inductions to show you how to not break them.

It's all a con. The ancient Greeks did not have treadmills or whatever other gym machine shit.
>>
>>41948578
They didn't have dumbbells and barbells either you fucking mong.
>>
>>41948608
yeah but they still had heavy shit that they would pick up and move around to cultivate muscle

barbells are more balanced forms of that heavy shit
>>
>>41948526
Used to be like you. Only using machines. Started using barbells and dumbells and felt the difference. Definitely the way to go!
>>
All that matters is that you're hitting all your muscles to near failure 2-3x per week in a set rep scheme using as much volume as you can handle. Machines can achieve this.
>>
>>41948608
The Greeks did have those actually
>>
>>41948526
Bad news: you wasted your time. In a year of freeze weights a beginner can put on 10-20lbs of pure muscle mass as well as reach intermediate levels of strength this acquiring about or over 60% of all the muscle gains you will ever make in your lifetime drug free. On machines you can expect next to no gains.
>>
>>41948716
No. Incomplete. Wrong. Not all that matters. Progressive overload matters. Muscle recruitment matters. Diet matters. Actual scientific evidence matters. The sticky matters.
>>
File: 1498416874433.png (163KB, 382x452px) Image search: [Google]
1498416874433.png
163KB, 382x452px
>>41948567
>>41948578
>>41948696
>>41948716
>>41948834
Alright fuck me then. Oh well at least just going to the gym helped my confidence a bit. Will start free-weighting, thanks for the help
>>
>>41948857
All of which can be accomplished on machines.
>nametrip faggot
just hang yourself already you dumb twat
>>
File: Frodo.jpg (44KB, 400x399px) Image search: [Google]
Frodo.jpg
44KB, 400x399px
>>41948834
>putting your weights in the freezer
>>
>>41948834
>not lifting freeze weights
>not exercising using giant bags of frozen vegetables and chicken breast to make muscle gains
Ive been doing it wrong all along
>>
Machines are bullshit. You can max out machines like the overhead press and stuff and only be able to really press a 1/3 that. They are not a COMPLETE waste of time though.
>>
>>41948608

LOL! 15 year old detected.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Halteres_(ancient_Greece)
>>
>>41949399
The goal for 99% of people is not to "press a lot", the goal is strength (or aesthetics). If The Press™ helps you get there then great. If you max out on a machine then obviously you would switch.

Waste of dubs
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.