[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

pain in my arm holy fuck

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

File: image001[1].jpg (8KB, 240x160px) Image search: [Google]
image001[1].jpg
8KB, 240x160px
last night before I went to bed I had a light pain in my left upper arm, sort of where my bicep is. Kind of felt like one-vein in particular was hurting because it was sort of throbbing in pain to about halfway down my arm. It was pretty uncomfortable but I decided to ignore it

then I woke up in the middle of the night and HOLY FUCK it was way worse. To the point where I couldn't focus on anything, it hurt like a motherfucker. I started panicking and scrambling on my phone and saw something about inflammation and ice+tylenol. So I slapped an ice pack on it for about half-an-hour and had two ibuprofens, was finally able to get to sleep.

What the ever-loving fuck happened? It's not sore, so I don't think I injured it or pulled something. 5'11" 169 lbs 18-19% bf been cutting for a while.
>>
>>41948067

REST
ICE
COMPRESSION
ELEVATION

You have a tendon injury (likely a sprain if you still have full-movement).2 weeks no exercise with that arm. Don't overtrain with bad form and too much weight.
>>
>>41948180
I should mention it doesn't hurt this morning, just specifically for a few hours last night.
>>
Might be a nerve impingement if you feel minimal discomfort during your workout. Still would err on the side of caution because chronic tendon injuries are brickwalls for hypertrophy.
>>
>>41948251
>>41948180
So, no lifting at all with this arm? Can I just take the rest of the week off?

It's not like I can do most of my GSLP without one of my arms.
>>
>>41948274

Taking at least 3 days off would be sensible (most of the healing takes place in the first week).

RICE is advisable if you are still feeling any sharp pains (assuming you aren't 45+ with high cholesterol of course). In any event, if this is a recurring issue see a doctor.
>>
>>41948067
pretty sure thats a symptom of heart problems
>>
>>41948359
Gotcha. Gonna have to take it easy at work
>>
I have the exact same problem mate except without the intense pain. My fiancee has been massaging the area and I found wearing a supporter for the area helps a lot during the day.

Pretty sure it came about from bench or chest press.

When you sleep try raise your whole arm with a pillow and try to avoid turning over onto it. Should be right in a week or so.
>>
Hammer Curls and close grip bench fucked my elbow pretty good. 2 weeks no lifting, then light weight everything for about a month. Be careful man you can do some real serious damage if you keep lifting with it
>>
File: 1498071491980s.jpg (2KB, 70x125px) Image search: [Google]
1498071491980s.jpg
2KB, 70x125px
>>41948067
Same situation. Went to a doctor, said i have a 'Tennis elbow'. Can't train for a month for sure. Some healing is within a month, some people takes 6 months. Yes rest. It's difficult because i work of course. So try to have your WRIST straight like forever. Also don't pick something up with a STRETCHED arm, always have a little curl in your arm.

Believe, it is horrible.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.