[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How good exercise is skateboarding to loose weight?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

File: tumblr_orthe1VZSm1vwx519o1_500.jpg (73KB, 500x613px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_orthe1VZSm1vwx519o1_500.jpg
73KB, 500x613px
How good exercise is skateboarding to loose weight?
>>
>>41946888
if you're gonna actually skateboard and not that faggy longboard down hills shit then it should be really good cardio as long as you're enjoying it. if you're fat and unskilled you are probably just gonna hurt yourself and kill your gains though tbqh
>>
>>41947058
You definitely burn calories but I wouldn't honestly say it's great cardio, just because you're not really keeping your heart rate high for consistent durations (exception would be for contest settings, or it you're keeping a line of tricks going without stopping).

It is good for a calorie burner though, and it CAN be cardio if done hard enough. It's very rare you ever see a fat/overweight skater, so that's a good thing.

Source: Skater for 10 years
>>
File: wallpaper_skb1112_01.jpg (3MB, 1600x1050px) Image search: [Google]
wallpaper_skb1112_01.jpg
3MB, 1600x1050px
>>41946888
On the one hand, skating is definitely awesome exercise and you almost never see a fat skater, as the anon above has pointed out. On the other, I have tried skating while out of shape and it was fucking tough. I mean even being 15 lb overweight changes everything. Your balance is way different and your calf muscles burn like hell with every ollie, never mind trying technical tricks. And it's just fucking frustrating if you're naturally a thick guy. The best skaters are all well under 200 lb and a lot of the very best are guys like Nyjah Huston who is around 145 lb. It also helps immeasurably to have small feet and a low center of gravity. Very few sports--if we can call skating a sport--heavily favor skelly manlets but skating is the rare exception.

So I'd say skating is great exercise when you're already in shape and really fucking tough when you're overweight.
>>
>>41947151
Pretty true and in general I agree. There have definitely been some larger skaters who have been considerably noteworthy - Chris Cole, Ed Templeton, Corey Duffel, but for the most part having a lower center of gravity definitely helps.

Nyjah Huston has actually been gaining some muscle these last couple years. Definitely still ottermode and I have no idea what his actual weight is, but he's looking fairly fit now.

Brandon Biebel is the only really good, legitimately swole pro that I can think of. Dude's awesome.
>>
>>41947377
you are forgetting Nick Dompierre, he did a complete transformation and got /thicc/
>>
>>41947079
>It's very rare you ever see a fat/overweight skater,
You see them all the time. They can only ride though. Tricks are out of the question.
>>
just get a bike you bitch
>>
if used to commute instead of a bycicle is it a lot worse?
>>
>>41946888
Don't think it's great for cardio to be honest, but you'll make gains elsewhere my dude.
>>
>>41946888
skateboarding isnt a fucking exercise just walk lazy fatlord
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.