[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

QTTDTOT

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 320
Thread images: 37

File: 1429683450941.jpg (52KB, 600x604px) Image search: [Google]
1429683450941.jpg
52KB, 600x604px
Questions that don't deserve their own thread, counting is hard edition
>accidentally load a 5lb plate on one side instead of a 10
>do 5x5 without noticing
Should I load with an equal and opposite imbalance next workout, or just move on and continue training normally? This hasn't happened before, so I'm not habitually training imbalances.
>>
>>41933303
Are you being serious right now?
>>
>>41933307
Yeah, I noticed my left side was lagging, but it wasn't enough to be concerned about. A 5lb difference is pretty common for intentional imbalance training.
>>
Is OHP twice a week (one volume, one intensity) enough for good tricep/shoulder gains?

Also, can rowing be one four times a week? I don't really get severe back doms.
>>
File: tegaki.png (10KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
tegaki.png
10KB, 400x400px
>>41933303
>ctrl+f "QTTDTOT"
>1 result found

is it that fucking hard? Don't split the threads.

>>41927270
>>
>>41933374
i don't think that's enough for shoulder and tricep gains. you really should add in some other exercise but not too many. tricep extensions, lateral raises, face pulls
>>
>>41933472
I did. >>41927270 is misspelled, so it showed zero results.
>>
>>41933490
Questions that Don't
QTD

get your brain checked retard. Read your own fucking topic. Your abbreviation and full spelling don't match.
>>
File: 20170625_231639.jpg (115KB, 700x379px) Image search: [Google]
20170625_231639.jpg
115KB, 700x379px
>>41933527
>>
lately I've been eating more meat, focusing on lean meat
I've started snacking on it even, like at any odd time I feel like it
those are both fine, but the other day it was hot as fuck and I hadn't had any ice cream in like a week (usually I have it even less often than that) so I got some, but as I was getting it out I thought "man I could go for some sausage right now"
so my question is:
What have I done to myself? How is this affecting me and what is it called?
>>
>>41933594
It's called making it.
>>
What is a trip fag?
>>
>>41933634
A clumsy person
>>
Everyone on hear keeps pointing out how beginner's programs aren't meant to be continued indefinitely, and that eventually one should move on to something more advanced.

1. Does PPL fall under those "beginner programs"?
2. When does one know it is time to move on out of these programs?
3. What are some of these more advanced splits one can move into?
4. Once using these new routines, can one stick to it indefinitely? Or is it only useful for a set period of time even with weight increase?

Thanks in advance.
>>
>>41933303

Are there any huge difference between the different type of protein? Whey, pea, soy..
>>
people say visible abs are about low bf%, but how many months should I work out my abs before I cut down that low?
>>
okay so i have poor mans home gym in my house: rack, bench, barbell, 100kgs in plates

im an (ex at this point)endurance athlete but have some mild posture problems and would like to fix that

right now i do pushups, leg raises, pullups, rarely rowing and various leg work as a part of my training(2-3x week right now)

if i only do squats, bench, ohp, deads, dips and pullups would that be ok? or am i missing something important

what frequency should i do deads with? considering my posterior chain is my weakest part by far atm
>>
Is it better to take a protein shake before or after a workout, or both?

I find that if I take before with milk, my workout tends to be better. But I don't really wanna take 2 shakes in a day since I get protein from other sources as well
>>
where can i find a good calisthenics workout routine?
>>
File: 1475509188510.jpg (19KB, 407x220px) Image search: [Google]
1475509188510.jpg
19KB, 407x220px
>>41933303
Sup, /fit/,
What's the current consensus in 2017 on consuming foods with saturated fat, especially in dairy? Will drinking moderate amounts of milk for years increase the chance of heart disease (all other factors like the consumption of vegetables and amount of exercise being high)?
>pic semi-related (not that I would ever go on a GOMAD diet)
>>
File: bodyweight exercise.png (281KB, 510x464px) Image search: [Google]
bodyweight exercise.png
281KB, 510x464px
>>41935142
I have been doing this one lately. It's barebones but effective at making you stronger.
>>
>>41933374
OHP is good, but you need to add in some other shoulder work to get the other heads of the deltoid built up (Facepulls, Lateral Raises etc). Plus I wouldn't just count on OHP to do your Tri's, they need some isolation exercises to make the most of them, such as Skullcrushers or Tricep Extentions, as the Tricep has 3 different heads also, all of which work themselves differently depending on the exercise. Skullcrushers for instance are great for the 'long head' of the Tri
>>
>>41934431
Depends on how fat you are.
>>
>>41934340
Whey is best
Pea is most complete non diary
Soy is shit
>>
Do you soak steel cut oats the night before putting them in a shake?
>>
>>41934431
If you do a proper workout in a gym and not just some meme crunches at home. Like 6 months.
>>
>>41935125
If only 1, I'd take it after. (I don't forget to have one on your off-days too)
>>
>>41935513

Hmm is it bad to take it pre workout though? I don't know why but taking before workout always makes my set easier.
>>
>>41935458
Thanks. Will incorporate some Shoulder/Tri work into my program.
>>
>>41935499
Yes otherwise they clump up in the bottom unless of course you turn them into powder.
>>
>>41935912
Body will look probably adapt to it over time but I take the same brand regardless out of the placebo effect unless something else is on sale. But I never them being bad for you.
>>
Where to go after ss. I have been really starting to struggle on everything even though I am not at 1234 yet. Looking to change after this month. I was looking at phul but I am home gym and only have a rack and dumbbells and phul has a lot of leg curl and leg extension shit in it I can't do. What do?
>>
>>41933792
honestly after moving from beginner you should learn how to make your own programs since only you know what works for you

but you could probably find some intermediate program that catches your eye, try it, and change stuff around

i.e., stronglifts 5x5 ---> madcow 5x5
>>
After I sit up from finishing a set of sit-ups, I tense my stomach and I get like a spasm on the lower part of my abdomen? It doesn't hurt but it felt weird and scary like there was something crawling around or shit. I massaged it better but it only happens when I tense my core when sat down. Anyone felt this same experience?
>>
>>41936403
If you don't feel any pain when touching your abdomen, then its just a cramp
>>
>>41936412
Ahh that makes sense thanks, I guess I just need to warm up more then
>>
will I die if I take 3 magnesium pills instead of 3 ? the bottle says 1 pill is 40% of my daily value.
>>
>>41936412
man lower ab cramps are among the most painful experiences i've had, the first one i had dropped me to the ground instantly
>>
>>41936594
It might impair your counting abilities apparently
>>
Can I rely entirely of whey powder for protein? It's like 6 times cheaper than real food over here. I can eat eggs, nuts and avocados for fats
>>
>>41936707

This is what I'm thinking also, soy protein is cheap as fuck.
>>
>>41936694
>>41936594
shit I meant 3 instead of 2
>>
File: 1490104168089.jpg (75KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1490104168089.jpg
75KB, 1280x720px
how much inactivity is required for your muscles to start deteriorating
>>
'sup, /fit/, I have been doing 2 sets of 75 pushups, sit ups and bodyweight squats every day but lately they have just become a chore.

I feel incredibly tired/demotivated to do them, although I do it every day still.

So, should I take a day off every week, do it every other day or just man up and carry on?

I feel like I'm doing something wrong/missing something here.
>>
File: 1497191760280.png (117KB, 320x263px) Image search: [Google]
1497191760280.png
117KB, 320x263px
>>41937427
Fuck off.
>>
Hey guys, i want to gain mass. So im thinking about a schedule that increases volume every week for arms shoulders abs and calves for a month then deload and then again for back chest and legs, is this a good plan? And are there any good schedules out there or do i make one myself.

If this isnt optimal for mass then what would be a better guess? Diet sleep is on point.
>>
>>41937455
???

Fuck you, nigger, just answer the question.
>>
Are front squats, press, and weighted chins in one day too much for my upper back? Thinking up a new program for myself, other day would be squats, weighted dips, and deadlifts. Is there a better way you would rearrange the lifts?
>>
I'm 150 and 5'11
If I work out, lets say following starting strength, do I really need to force myself to eat more to see gains?
>>
>>41937703
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GIX-RyorgkQ
>>
How important is getting enough protein?

How much does actually counting macros help gains?

Is it important to switch up your routine sometimes?
>>
>>41937538
>Squats and deadlifts on the same day
>>
What are some exercise I can do with that I'd have in my room that would target stomach/pecs? I'm a bit new to this and I've been doing wide grip push-ups and sit-ups, looking for some variety.
>>
>>41937788
without protein your body can't repair muscle
if it can't repair muscle, you can't gain strength
>>
>>41937810
>>41937538
"Is there a better way you would rearrange the lifts?"
>>
>>41937788
>How important is getting enough protein?
It's kind of the most important part
>>
>>41935420
How old are you?

Are you healthy?

Are you genetically ok with milk?

Then you are probably ok you huge faggot
>>
>>41937715

I find that if I don't eat at a calorie surplus, I can't progress on my lifts.

Also, how does one do a recomp?
>>
>>41936684
Just started working out again recently over did it on first day

Cramp in lower ab while sitting in my office chair.

Scream out loud

Everyone is looking at me super concerned

"Just a cramp no worries haha"

Almost quit my job
>>
>>41937890
I have drunk milk all my life, to be honest with you, but reading up on some 2008 to 2012 posts on bb forums presented me with conflicting opinions. So I have decided to turn to one place where all the milk memes come from - mongolian cheese curdling forums
>>
>>41937715
Well this is exactly what I wanted to hear and that little guy can deadlift 600lbs so I'm just going to assume it will work fine
thanks brah
>>
>>41935443
so you know, at a certain level of fitness bodyweight squats and push ups do absolutely nothing
my 70 year old gym professor could do hundreds of pushups or squats the entire period and not be fatigued at all
>>
Does anyone have experience in doing keto plus strengh training? relating to crankiness and fatigue, or should i go for keto to lean out only?
>>
File: 1495644067092-g.gif (301KB, 350x464px) Image search: [Google]
1495644067092-g.gif
301KB, 350x464px
So say hypothetically I knew someone who wanted to put things up their butt for...recreational purposes. What's a safe non oil based lube that is relatively cheap to buy or make for extended use?

Asking for my friend.
>>
>>41938259
best lifts of my life were while i was on keto.

haven't really lifted on a bulk though, so i can't be 100%.
>>
>>41933303
should tall guys (6'4+) widen their grip when doing bench? I never feel BP in my chest when using a normal grip, only in my arms and shoulders. When I go significantly wider, I feel it in my chest but the bar doesn't have to travel as far.
>>
>>41938289
Actual sex lube? Avilable near the condoms on aisle 6
>>
File: 1496904990482-fit.jpg (223KB, 826x738px) Image search: [Google]
1496904990482-fit.jpg
223KB, 826x738px
>>41938371
I've been using the Trojan an KY stuff and it works fine. But the $10-$15 per bottle price tag is getting a little steep considering how my playing I do. I mean my friend does.

I heard coconut oil was a cheap alternative that came in large containers, but it's oil based. Says it right in the name. Was hoping there's other similar alternatives.
>>
>>41938403
how about Vaseline? or is that considered oil based
>>
>>41935989
Bump
>>
>>41938457
Yea petroleum jelly is oil based putty essentially. And honestly even if it wasn't, it's terrible lube. And the clean up is too much effort. Water based is best for that reason.

Fug. Guess I'm spending $200 a year on lube unless I just decide to go full degenerate and use a Costco sized jar of Crisco.
>>
Are bodyweight exercises ok?
I can't afford a gym membership (only one gym in my city and it costs $50 fuck that)
>>
File: 0.jpg (28KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
0.jpg
28KB, 480x360px
lads - do macro's have an effect on fat loss?

I've been told too cut down on protein if i want to lose bodyfat, as protein is anabolic amino acid which keeps fasting insulin at a higher level all day?

protein promotes mass/bulk etc as it contributes to building tissue in the body?
>>
>>41938550
yeah, until you can do 8 pull ups
>>
>>41938576
dont cut protein unless you want to also lose muscle as you cut
>>
As a noob how hard should I push myself. I'm also on a cut btw. Like I'm pretty sure I could add a bit of weight to my lifts but I don't want to get stuck and fail reps. So am I going to get much slower gains if I'm lifting a bit under as a noob or is the fact that I am lifting anything basically enough as a noob. I don't have a spotter so on bench especially I am fairly cautious about how much weight I put.
>>
>>41938596
to failure for every lift
if you only did 2 reps, then that was too much weight, so remove a little bit and do some more reps
next time you'll know the correct amount to use
on the other hand, if you could do 9 or more reps then it wasn't enough weight so next time add more
>>
What is the point in tracking macros if you track cals and protein?
>>
I'm 82kg, 183cm and have high body fat percentage.

How do I go about reducing body fat percentage at this point? Been lifting for some time now, however it is still relatively high (20%+). Do I start cutting for weight loss? Or should I just eliminate more carbs from my diet and start cardio alongside lifts? Would decrease in carbs have big effect on my lifts or will it be fine if I offset with enough protein?
>>
>>41938596

I always like to do 3 sets of 7-10 reps trying to add a little more weight everytime I lift, or just more reps. Then for my final set I'll do like 70% of the weight I was doing and lift till failure. Anymore and I feel I risk injury without a spotter but I still feel like I got a lift in the next morning. It's just really important to eat so you can build muscle and recover appropriately - sleep is big too.
>>
is it too much to rock climb (indoor) on off days from stronglifts 5x5?
>>
2 questions.

>how can i tell if my form is off or not without looking at a mirror or recording myself? my arms/legs always feel somewhat asymmetrical when i do heavier weights.

>are OHPs supposed to be this hard to gain weight on
>>
I want to pick up swimming for cardio. I used to swim competitively so the strokes aren't a problem. Could someone recommend me a routine?
>>
>>41938838
it's impossible
you need someone to look at you and tell you what you're doing wrong
>>
pb,milk,banana,quark,nuts
something in my shake is giving me bloating as fuck
each of these alone is not giving me bloating

what the fuck is it?
>>
Is Joe DeFranco's Built Like a Badass a good routine to follow? Or should I do West Side for Skinny Bastards? HELP??
>>
>>41933303
tl;dr I now have 3 kettlebells in my house (10, 15, 25 lbs) thanks to a friend.

Is there a reasonable way to make a full body workout with them as my only source of weights. If not what should I get myself?
>>
Skelly trying to bulk here. Assuming I get my proper number of calories and protein etc., how much will eatjng occasional junk food (a fast food burger or some pizza once or twice a week) fuck with me?
>>
I got a sort of sharp pain while squatting today, I already have an appointment to see a doctor btw, could it be because I never stretch after workouts? I do warmups with low weight before each excercice but never streatch after, I just finish and walk home
>>
>>41941361
It wont fuck up anything unless youre eating twice as much as you need, several times a week.
>>
For 4/3/2/1 it goes deadlift --> squat --> bench --> overhead press right?
And are those 1 rep maxes or for reps? Because I can do 4/3/2/1 for 1 rep but I'm only at 205lbs for bench 5 x 5 and 3 x 5 with 3 pl8 for deadlifts.
>>
File: ANTHONY RUMBLE JOHNSON.jpg (72KB, 634x480px) Image search: [Google]
ANTHONY RUMBLE JOHNSON.jpg
72KB, 634x480px
My friend told me to stop doing 5x5 lifts and start doing 3x8 whaddaya think guys?

I just started really and only bench 95 5x5
>>
>>41941719
5x5 to get stronger
3x8 to get larger muscles
>>
>>41941747
lol
>>
>>41940510
banana + milk

don't mix them unless you have a sturdy stomach
especially after drinking
>>
File: pallinar.jpg (50KB, 478x470px) Image search: [Google]
pallinar.jpg
50KB, 478x470px
>>41937427
fuck off
>>
>>41941747
Yo how does that work.
>>
This probably has more to do with aesthetics than actual strength, but how the fuck do I fill out my bony fingers? I'm still somewhat of a skelly but I've been making decent gains and eating enough to put on weight but my fingers are fucking pencils.
>>
>>41941093
Pull-up bar and you're good. Calisthenics have great progression exercises, and kettlebells are good for accessories. Try the thenics app if you want
>>
>>41941544
If you can do one rep, it counts
congrats
now do more
>>
Please help:

If anyone knows, I get a weird numb, uncomfortable pain in my left forearm, usually at night. It makes me feel like I need to move and stretch my fingers out for slight, temporary relief. It's annoying as fuck. I don't get it every night but about every other day. I've had it for years.

What is this? I think it started after I played WoW for a short while, just from hitting all the buttons really fast and repetitively. Can it be treated?
>>
>>41941787
5x5 you can do heavier weights because you do less reps
heaver weights = gain strength
3x8 you're doing less weight with more reps
more reps = bigger muscles
>>
>>41941843
it's from laying on your arm you dumb nigger
just roll over
>>
>>41933634
Someone who actually used the "name" field when posting
>>
What whey brand is the best?
>>
>>41933634
I am, my dude
>>
>>41938403
You're shoving things up your butt, you should really just stick to normal lube so you dont get some awful infection
>>
>>41933303
If I eat at a deficit will I lose muscle mass no matter what? Is it impossible to make gains while dieting? I know about the .8 grams of protein per pound of weight, but I don't know if that's used for minimizing lost muscle on a cut, or to make sure you can still gain muscle while losing weight
>>
>>41941952
>If I eat at a deficit will I lose muscle mass no matter what?
no
if you intake at least 0.8g protein/lb while eating at a deficit you'll only burn fat
>>
>>41938289
>calor
Slick n Slide, or any other silicone-based ones
>>
>>41937935
Magnesium, citric acid bound.
>>
>>41941959
"only"
>>
>>41941934
Depends. Cheapest in myprotein.
>>
>>41938710
Literally just cut. I was in your position a few months ago and if you keep lifting on a high protein cut your bf% will come crashing down within months
>>
>>41938898
I just do 20 lengths after I finish my workout, my gym has a pool in it so that works breddy gud for me
>>
I'm a former fatty nearing the end of my fat cut and I wanna into strength training. However, I know the best results come from a caloric surplus but I'm worried because I don't want to get fat again. What is the best way to approach this? I'm thinking just a standard bulk-cut-bulk cycle but are there alternatives?
>>
>>41941928
it's not, I get it sleeping on my back
>>
File: Milk doesn't lower testosterone.png (34KB, 674x318px) Image search: [Google]
Milk doesn't lower testosterone.png
34KB, 674x318px
>>41937986
>What's the current consensus in 2017 on consuming foods with saturated fat, especially in dairy? Will drinking moderate amounts of milk for years increase the chance of heart disease
>>41937986
No
>http://suppversity.blogspot.com/2014/01/true-or-false-dairy-is-toxic-hormone.html
Also highly doubt the"milk=prostate cancer" entirely especially when in the article it says:
>Estrone and prostate cancer risk in men: As far as the estrone levels Maruyama et al. measured in their 2010 study are concerned it is very difficult to tell, whether or not the 26% increase in E2 levels is or isn't a problem.
>The estrone values in the Maruyama study are unrealistic. With a normal range of <68pg/ml the subjects in the Maruyama study would have elevated E1 levels to begin with, if the measurement was correct.
>difficult to tell
>unrealistic
and
>What remains to be seen, though, is whether future epidemiological evidence will support or refute the currently heralded hypothesis that dairy consumption increases prostate cancer risk and whether we will be able to identify more feasible explanations for this relations than those that are implicated by the results Maruyama et al. present in their 2010 study.
>https://authoritynutrition.com/it-aint-the-fat-people/
>https://authoritynutrition.com/top-8-reasons-not-to-fear-saturated-fats/
>https://chriskresser.com/the-diet-heart-myth-cholesterol-and-saturated-fat-are-not-the-enemy/
>https://breakingmuscle.com/fuel/why-all-humans-need-to-eat-meat-for-health
>http://chaosandpain.blogspot.com/2014/10/the-simplicity-of-dieting-it-really-is.html
>https:/http://press.endocrine.org/doi/full/10.1210/jcem.85.1.6291
>>
>>41933303
if training triceps/getting them stronger helps with shooting your bench press numbers up, then what about the other compounds

what acessories help out the OHP, Squat and Deadlift?
>>
File: 1498166889965.png (80KB, 425x180px) Image search: [Google]
1498166889965.png
80KB, 425x180px
I have some sort of arm injury
it feels like a searing pain in my inner forearm just abreast of my ulna.
It begins as I lift something and then greatly intensifies as I release the load, and then dies down to a dull ache

I believe it's some form of tendon inflammation.

I haven't lifted since Friday. I can still feel some discomfort while exerting force requiring my arms.

Should I skip doing arms today?
If so, how long should I not do arms?
What exercise can I do until it's healed?
What is it anyway?
How can I prevent it in the future?
Should I just do cardio? I don't wanna kill my gains
>>
>>41933303
my left tricep is noticebly larger than my right, and my right bicep is bigger than my left. its been like this since before i started working out. I was told they would even out with time, but it seems like theyve just gotten bigger at the same rate.

what do?
>>
are neck pillows good for you?
>>
>>41942260
Assuming you're not asking about the ones you'd use on a long flight I'd say yes. I have one of those heave foam pillows and it helps me sleeping on my back and not switching positions as much as I used to.
>>
File: pp.jpg (26KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
pp.jpg
26KB, 640x640px
I love veggie soup

How fuck i gonna be if i start just eating that?

Like coffe/strawberry shake in the mornings (cereal if truly hungry)
veggie soup mid day/afternoon
Meat/eggs for dinner

I dont eat enough veggies and i need to fix that i just realized veggie soup is amazing i can add chicken in that shit too.
>>
is this an ok girl routine

3x a week
/ means alternating

5x5 squat / 3x5 deadlift
3x8 db bench / 3x8 db OHP
3x8-10 lunges / 3x8-10 RDL
4x8-10 lat pull down
4x8-10 cable pull through
4x8-10 seated calf raises
>>
>>41942280
I love my travel pillow. Super cozy on the couch
>>
>>41942388
Sure
>>
>>41942388
Add core and arms and back into you routine

I dont need to explain why a sexy back and abds are sexy

And arms just to make sure you have firm arms in general, your not gonna jump from skinny arms to bodybuilder arms from 1 week to another you can see the progress and decide "You know what my arms are fit enough" and just maintain or cut the arm from the routine,
>>
>>41942434
but im deadlifting and squatting so that will train arms and core
>>
>>41942388
If your a pussy
>>
5'8" been lifting for a month and a half, 180lbs, been maintaining while lifting. I drink a lot at school and go back in august, but hate being fat, do I cut for two months or just keep eating 150g protein a day and bulk until december, where next semester i wont drink much at all. Haven't drank since april btw
>>
>>41942280
thanks, I think I'm gonna get one then
>>
>>41933374
OHP is great for both of those, recently I tried adding in 10x20 lateral raises (twice a week) for medial delts and noticed a different within a week. Try it out, no joke. It's a pump that won't go away
As for rows, 4 times a week is fine. You'll see great lower trap and rear delt development if you're eating right and doing some row variation that often. Your deadlift is probably going to go down, though
>>
Just donated 100ml of bone marrow today, am I able to run next week? Doctor said I'd be able to run by Wednesday but that seems kind of soon
>>
>>41935047
Missing some trap/rear delt. Add in some rows to even it out; you should be rowing as much as you bench.
Deads can be done twice a week, one heavy day and another for accessories/variations if you want. I only did it once a week. Doing 2-3x5 got me up to 315 for a triple before I stalled
good luck bb I hope I helped a bit
>>
Starting Strength + chin + curl

or

x

in your opinion for starting out
>>
>>41942454
Fine then add planks and superman for core but take my advice on making sure you doing something for you arm, women with solid arms is sexy
>>
>>41942152
anybody?
>>
should I start front squatting? it seems like a huge meme
>>
>New
>Doing ppl for roughly 2 months
>Making slow gains
>Also cutting at 1500
>Almost at goal weight, just getting rid of last stubborn fat
>Do dumbell variants of all exercises due to cheap shitty home gym
>Recently acquire some money in the form of student gov grants
>Have $300 left after books and equipment
>Can get really shitty rotting bench and rusted barbell for free from family

Should I stick to my PPL or would it be better to buy a squat/dip stand and swap to SS + pull ups, chin ups and dips?
>>
How muscular do I need to be to attract twinks?
>>
I'm on a beginner 5x5 program on my 4th week now. I've upped the weights and getting stronger so that still feels good but now I'm not feeling as tired as I was after my workouts.

Should I add another workout in or am i panicking too soon and just trust the process?
>>
>>41938289
It feels like shitting backwards. Definitely better left in fantasy than reality.
>>
I need help keeping a erection
>>
Started working out 3 weeks ago, I've been doing 200 push ups and 150 squats everyday, is this too little or too much or alright, I'm totally new to exercise here.
>>
>>41943992
nice way to get round shoulders and muscle imbalance
>>
can I get fat from just peanut butter? I mean if it's organic
>>
>>41944037
Alright, what should I change to avoid that?
>>
Do BCAAs do anything?
>>
>>41942096
>>41935420
On another positive note - GrassFed cow milk!
http://www.grassfedgirl.com/omega-3-foods/
>Choose grass fed beef and dairy
While all cows have similar levels of omega 6s, milk, butter and meat from grass fed cows are higher in omega 3s than cows raised on grain. In fact, grass is full of the omega 3 fatty acid ALA, which grass fed cows convert to the higher-quality DHA and EPA. Amazing!!!
>>
>>41938403
Check out Slippery Stuff on amazon, worked well when I was doing the sex
>>
I have tenis elbow. Im trying to run ss but cant bp or ohp without pains in said elbow. Do i lay off the arm stuff and keep going or stop eveything?
>>
>>41945011
Not being able to use your elbows means you can't do almost any upper body work. I would personally switch to a cardio regimen while I waited for it to heal, but there's no harm in progressing your legs in the meantime instead. What are your current numbers for BP/OHP/squat?
>>
>>41945011
You might as well keep up the lower body stuff. I shouldn't take more than a couple of weeks to heal, so you won't suddenly become disproportional.
>>
File: xd.png (10KB, 587x143px) Image search: [Google]
xd.png
10KB, 587x143px
can i buy white potato, peel them and cut them then cook them as chips, then will the macros be same as the white potato lets say if i use 3 white potatos medium size and make them into chips, same macros? etc?

also is pic related too much protein for 134lb 5'9, carbs seem high as well, is it all fine?
>>
>>41945862
>can i buy white potato, peel them and cut them then cook them as chips, then will the macros be same as the white potato lets say if i use 3 white potatos medium size and make them into chips, same macros? etc?
It depends on if you dehydrate them or fry them.
>>
Is there a /fit/ IRC or Discord?
>>
>>41945909
what if i just put them in the oven?
>>
>>41946024
If you don't add oil to them, then it's not going to change the macros of the potato, anon.
>>
File: quorn.jpg (17KB, 225x225px) Image search: [Google]
quorn.jpg
17KB, 225x225px
>>41933303

£1.39/500g
£2.78/kg
13.8g/100g protein

vs £4 a kg for raw fresh chicken breast I then freeze.

Yeah I know chicken breast is better and similar value, but sometimes easy fake chicken chunks can be thrown straight in pan if hungry with no defrosting or if I want a smaller portion for a quick wrap.

Should I fill a freezer with these.
>>
File: 1496682350017.jpg (88KB, 750x935px) Image search: [Google]
1496682350017.jpg
88KB, 750x935px
>started exercising again
>Kinda fucked up my shoulder by swimming too much
>Pretty sure it's shoulder impingement.

Should I swim short distance at a slower pace or should I avoid any activity involving the shoulder ?
>>
when jogging should i jog for a length of time or for a set distance?
>>
>>41935047
That's pretty much what most beginner routines consists of. You'll be fine just doing that and if you notice that something is lagging later down the line you can just add in extra work to specifically target those muscles.
>>
>>41935047
>>41946332
And 1x5 on deadlifts are enough if you're a beginner. It's pretty taxing and you can increase it pretty drastically anyways.
>>
>>41945476
Its come 'good' in a few weeks. But, my bones in my elbow click like fuck amd i know it will re occur.
So far my stats are
SQ: 80kg
DL: 105
OHP: 55
BP: 65
>>
>>41946201
5km is ideal for an everyday jog, improve your time.
>>
>>41946375
alright
>>
>>41937360
Strength wise? About a month or so. Losing your pump and ability to lift as well, on the other hand, is about a week. After the week or so you return to the land of intense DOMS after you start exercising again and your lifts will feel weird.
>>
Anybody read The 4 Hour Body? Sounds like Deepak Chopra level bullshit.
>>
File: bcf.png (521KB, 680x445px) Image search: [Google]
bcf.png
521KB, 680x445px
I'm 5'6 and I just started lifting in January and have gained about 10-12lbs since due to eating 2600calories/day. But my friend wants to up that to 4000 calories/day and give me heavier weights to lift in my routine. Does this seem logical? Or should I just continue with greyskull LP?
>>
diet noob here

What is turned into fat in the body more, sugar or oil?

I try to keep sugar at a minimum (coffee/ tea) but I legit don't know if it would help to cut more carbs if I reduced sugar intake even more or ate less fried food.

I'm asking as I like to make my own onion rings and fries.
>>
Dyel never gonna make newby here

Warmup squat with the bar. However, recently the placement seems to be pinching something on the left side of the back of my neck; it gets really achy, and it can be painful during my actual squats, but gradually wears off throughout the sets.

Im guessing that because the bar feels so light, i'm positioning incorrectly on my traps and am not noticing it. Any idea what i actually might be doing? I have no idea, because to me its the same position i've always used.

Also, I do high bar squats.
>>
>>41946910
as long as youre progressing (linear) there is no reason to change the routine.

and most of the calories u consume above a 500 calorie surplus will be stored as fat. so as long as you get ~ 1 lb mass / week i wouldnt up the calories
>>
>>41946917
>What is turned into fat in the body more, sugar or oil?

This is a moot question really. So much depends on the context. All excess energy is turned into fat, even that from protein. Maybe count your calories and macros for some time and see how you're eating? Some people eat too much carbs, others eat too much fat. Deep-fried fries have BOTH btw, sugar isn't always sweet.
>>
planning on incorporating farmers walk into my routine. whats a good weight to start with and any advice regarding form?
>>
File: laoc7prqew1z.jpg (93KB, 838x628px) Image search: [Google]
laoc7prqew1z.jpg
93KB, 838x628px
I'm really new to this and I have no idea how to structure a workout.

Only been to the gym twice so far and I've been doing a 15 min warm-up on the treadmill then I do my SL 5x5 workout and I get out of there.

Are there any glaring flaws or nah?
>>
File: 1488054524800.gif (3MB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
1488054524800.gif
3MB, 480x360px
>Be absolute DYEL in my freshman year of college (150lbs@6'5)
>meet a qt3.14
>we hang out a bunch and always have an amazing time, but I never make a move because I was a beta and oblivious to all of her approaches
>reading my old texts with her makes me smash my head into the wall
>after one semester she switches colleges and changes her major
>we still text from time to time but I haven't seen her in person in around 2 years because of the long distance
>during that time I started lifting, met different girls and had 2 decent relationships
>One thing I noticed during those relationships was that they didn't feel as "natural" as when I hung out with the first girl
>I really miss her
>develop a serious case of /oneitis/ for her
>suddenly uninterested in all other girls
>use her as motivation for my lifts
>"one more set and i'll be big and impressive when I meet her the next time, and i'll be alpha enough to ask her on a real date this time"
>this goes on for pretty much half a year
>am at a lean 200lbs now
>looking healthier than ever
>talk on the phone to her recently
>she wants me to come over in mid July
>accept

I'm fucking scared lads.
Not only am I anxious about how the whole thing goes and if it will be awkward, but I'm also worried that if she rejects me I'll lose my motivation to lift, because wanting to look good for her has kept me at 100% for the past few months.
How do I stop being so autistic about this girl and how do I ensure that the date goes well?
How do I make lifting about being comfortable in my own body rather than trying to look good for others?
>>
How would go a big guy to do his pull up if he's too weak?
>>
As an asian, should i just quit lifting? I'm trying to become an average person, but the majority of asians is not buff at all. Should i just maintain ottermode or leave humanity behind
>>
Starting working out after years recently and I'm having trouble with squats. Every time I go down below parallel and start to make my way up my right upper glute hurts like hell. what do?
>>
>>41947895

Do negatives.

Do a ton of pull downs.

Do a ton of bent over barbell/dumbell rows.
>>
>>41947895
Do lat pulldowns until your a bit stronger
>>
>>41947999

Get yoked.
>>
>>41947683

Sounds fine.

I'd suggest doing real cardio on other days.

Rather than "15 min" of treadmill/bike, etc I'd say "until you feel warmed up". The point of the day is to make progression on your 5x5.
>>
>>41935125

I'd worry about daily totals for calories/protein before i'd worry about timing your meals for gains.

If having it beforehand makes you feel strong, go for it.

If having it beforehand makes you feel uncomfortably full, wait.
>>
>>41935912

About the only thing in the preworkout that has a measurable improvement in performance is the caffeine.

And you'll build up a tolerance to it.

Take it if it you want, or wait for days/workouts that you really need it.
>>
Are SIPS really 0 calorie? It says it is but also has carbs.
>>
>>41935989

5/3/1?

Or just eat more, or do a deload & work back up.
>>
>>41938356

Grip width should be about getting the forearm vertical (from both the front and the side) through the part movement when the elbows are tucked, so everything is stacked & strong.

> normal grip

Fuck the rings, normal grip should be based on your arm position, not the rings on the bar.
>>
>>41938576

Protein high, restrict either carbs or fat to reach your calorie goal.
>>
190 cm
89 kg
24% body fat
Shitty stats, need to get stronger (90 kg Squat / 110 kg Deads / 75 kg bench / 50 kg OHP)

I want to get to 15% body fat but also 1/2/3/4 pl8. What should I do? Eat at maintenance? Bulk, then cut?
>>
>>41938660

> protein

> macro

Protein is one of the "macronutrients" you're tracking if your "tracking macros".

It's fine.

Tracking calories > doing nothing
tracking calories + protein > just tracking calories
Tracking macros > tracking just calories + protein.

But there's diminishing gains as you go down the list. Same as in the gym, you're trying to get the most results for the least work. If you can meet your goals just tracking calories, go for it. If you can meet them tracking just protein/calories, do that.
>>
>>41933303
How much should i add to my lifts each workout?

10 to squat and dead, 5 to bench and ohp?

That seems unmaintainable.
>>
>>41941795

Don't worry about it.

No one is looking at your hands other than you.

Keep lifting & eating.
>>
>>41948340
How long have you been lifting for? Do you still make progress? Do you sleep/eat enough?
>>
>>41943258

Trust in it & keep adding weight slowly.

Soon enough you'll be dying to get through the 5x5, but you'll be doing it with more weight (and getting more results) than if you were to just ramp the weight up now to where your 5rm is.
>>
>>41945011

Actual injuries (like ones you saw a Dr about), mean actual rest & recovery and listening to what the Dr says...
>>
>>41935989
>>41948197

seconded, what I switched to and gains continued to rise.

Blackironbeast have a useful routine calculator and you can find the 5/3/1 pdf online easily
>>
What's the deal with the while nofap thing and fitness? How much is too much?
I mean I don't have a problem, but I always see people talking about it
>>
>>41933303
is there harm in having 2-3 protein shakes a day?
>>
>>41948458
It doesn't matter where you get your protons from, so no
>>
>>41948475
thanks anon, have been told by friends i'm doing more harm than good.
>>
>>41948197
Can't eat any more already gaining to fast. Maybe I will look into 5/3/1 just feel I need more volume now
>>
Does the "weight loss" option on my treadmill actually work?

Also, I've been having a burning pain in my Achilles tendon when I wear my new shoes and even now after not wearing them I get that stinging feeling.
>>
>>41938898
500 to warm up

5x100s
4x75s
3x50s
2x25s
Increase intensity each time you drop a lap.
500 to cool down
>>
is there any site with realistic female fitness progressions to check?

I am getting into fitness and I want to have an idea how much I can actually hope to improve, but all I find are those fucking IG whores with their "before-after" pics...
>>
>>41944202
Lift weights
All the major Compounds and the accessories to whatever you want
>>
File: nofap_bullshit.jpg (628KB, 1023x2258px) Image search: [Google]
nofap_bullshit.jpg
628KB, 1023x2258px
>>41943515
Eat more protein, sleep more, workout more/harder than you already do, have more sex and fap more when otherwise not having sex
>http://press.endocrine.org/doi/full/10.1210/jcem.85.1.6291
>http://chaosandpain.blogspot.com/2014/10/the-simplicity-of-dieting-it-really-is.html?m=1
>https://breakingmuscle.com/fuel/why-all-humans-need-to-eat-meat-for-health
>https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/17520786
>http://chaosandpain.blogspot.com/2010/05/if-youre-not-regular-fucking-sleeping.html
And below links
>>41948421
>What's the deal with the while nofap thing and fitness?
Outside of actual medical problems and harmful deathgrip it's a meme created and proliferated by religious zealots and pseudoscientists
>How much is too much?
As much as you reasonably can/want to is just fine. It doesn't fuck up dopamine, lower test or any other memes
>but I always see people talking about it
because they fall for memes from the idiots behind YBOP or r/nofap
>http://chaosandpain.blogspot.com/2013/07/no-fap-more-like-no-fucking-way.html?zx=5c392185e96536fa
>http://chaosandpain.blogspot.com/2010/09/enough-already-sex-and-baddassery-are.html
>http://chaosandpain.blogspot.com/2010/09/enough-already-sex-and-baddassery-are_07.html
>https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Masturbation#Health_effects
>http://www.europeanurology.com/article/S0302-2838(16)00377-8/abstract/ejaculation-frequency-and-risk-of-prostate-cancer-updated-results-with-an-additional-decade-of-follow-up
>http://www.webmd.com/prostate-cancer/news/20040406/frequent-ejaculation-prostate
>http://urology.jhu.edu/newsletter/prostate_cancer712.php
>http://www.frequenturinationinmenexplained.com/ejaculation-and-prostate-cancer/
>http://m.joe.endocrinology-journals.org/content/52/1/51.short
>http://answers.webmd.com/answers/5004889/what-nutrients-do-you-lose-when-ejaculating-or-masterbating-do-you-lose-testerone-
>https://www.healthtap.com/user_questions/1294935-how-long-does-your-body-take-to-replace-the-nutrients-lost-by-masturbation
>>
>>41948584
still me: for guys it is more or less clear where the nat ends and the roids start, but for women? Too many cardio bunnies that have worked out their whole life + plastic surgery....
>>
I got a blood test today, they took about 100ml, is it safe to do upper body workout? I don't want injection site to burst.
>>
>>41944419
They help with hunger pains, was great on IF for me. Former fatass though
>>
>>41948340

Of course it's unmaintainable... Otherwise we'd all be squatting 1000lbs.

But it's a decent rate of progression for a noob.

When it gets harder, switch.
>>
>>41948548
>Does the "weight loss" option on my treadmill actually work?

Not that much more than any other cardio workout.

It's just a mode that keeps you from being cardiobunny doing level 1 for 30 min and then nothing else.
>>
>>41948626

Two options:

-follow what the Doctor/Phlebotomist/Nurse said.

2) lift, and if it dribbles/squats/edema's just stare directly at whoever notices & keep lifting. You'll be a "legend".
>>
>>41933490
questions that tont deserve their own thread
>>
>>41935443
are you retarded?
>>
File: Shinyu Gushi Nigirigame.jpg (137KB, 519x800px) Image search: [Google]
Shinyu Gushi Nigirigame.jpg
137KB, 519x800px
>>41947999
No, that's stupid reasoning; being asian has nothing to do with it and it doesn't make you not human, you can lift and get strong just like anyone else. There were/are warriors, lifters and martial artists that were asian and also from whatever specific heritage you hail from so working out shouldn't be any different for you either
>>
I'm going to fast for about 4 days. Does running today for a couple of hours until I hit the wall accelerate the point where the ketone bodies metabolism takes over gluconeogenesis?
>>
I haven't gone to the gym for 1.5 week because I can't walk due to my injured knee.
When do I start losing gains?
>>
>>41949077
IRRC

Cardiovascular adaptation begins to deteriorate after a week, muscle after a month and strength after 3-4 months.

You can do isometric exercises to maintain musculature in your injured leg.

You can train the other leg some studies show that it helps alleviate problems with deteriorating muscles.

You can train your upper body, having your lower body injured is not an excuse to skip the gym. Apply yourself.
>>
Ripped one of my calluses again
How do I work out when recovering from this hell? And how do I prevent/treat them?
My calluses seem to rip around 5pl8 pulls
>>
Wristlet here,

Will this impact my ability to lift heavier weights as my strength advances?
>>
File: IMG_20170627_101149.jpg (3MB, 4160x3120px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170627_101149.jpg
3MB, 4160x3120px
Should I cut or bulk my disgusting body?
>>
>>41949638
preventing them is as simple as trying to maintain proper grip, though this is obviously more difficult the more weight you have.

One of the most common mistakes is gripping the bar for diddlys with the palm of your hand, rather than wrapping your fingers around it, for example.

For treatment of non-torn callouses, I would recommend some moisturiser before going to bed.

For recovery I would say you might have to wrap that shit thick and tight. Maybe even wear

>lifting gloves
>>
>>41949702
Cut your wrists
>>
File: 1494544601758.jpg (274KB, 773x425px) Image search: [Google]
1494544601758.jpg
274KB, 773x425px
Coming from almost a year off of working out.

Do you guys still recommend Ss? Should I give SL a go since I cant do cleans in my gym?
>>
>>41947691
Tell her you're gay to make her feel more comfortable around you and fuck her when you go to her place.
>>
>try negative chin ups for the first time last Saturday after doing bodyweight rows for a few weeks
>absolutely insane doms in my armpit, still today
>tried again today but it started hurting on the first rep
>also couldn't bench my normal weight monday

Is this normal? What do I do? Keep training or wait until it feels normal again?
>>
>>41949702
Bulk, you don't have the muscle to look good after a cut. Just don't recklessly bulk with some fast food "anything goes" mentality or else you'll just go full fatass.
>>
>>41938289
do noporn you degenerate faggot
>>
>>41938838
record yourself nigger
>>
>>41933303
what are some healthy dirt cheap things i can buy?
i have 20 dollars in my name until thursday, and 10 of that needs to go to gas.
literally only drank protein and had my last protein bar to eat today so im pretty desperate (have milk in the fridge, thats it)
>>
File: uncharted_4_drake_2up.0.jpg (39KB, 902x507px) Image search: [Google]
uncharted_4_drake_2up.0.jpg
39KB, 902x507px
Can I do cardio everyday?

My goal is to become more athletically inclined with a balance between strength and endurance/agility.

pic related btw, goal body. Don't know what he looks like shirtless tho.
>>
Has anyone tried PHAT? If so, is it worth it?
>>
>>41950071
Dry rice and dry beans. Boil beans in a pot of water for hours. Maybe buy a jar or salsa for added taste with leftover savings, or a chicken breast for extra protein. You can easily spend less than 10$
>>
>>41950071
Water
>>
Whats a good program?
All im doing right now is bench, squats, and deadlifts. I just started so i hope i didnt fuck up too bad
>>
>>41949789
first time you hit those parts of your triceps?
>>
Would it be prudent to start from the beginning of C25K even if I can run a 5k already? I kind of jumped into the deeper end of things and I'm wondering if I'd have still fucked my shins if I had slowly built up on the impact instead of just going for it.
>>
File: routines.gif (860KB, 2143x1912px) Image search: [Google]
routines.gif
860KB, 2143x1912px
>>41950904
>>
>>41948323

Bump
>>
>>41951041
Cut slowly. You still can get stronger.
>>
>>41950917
Chin ups hit your triceps?
>>
How long does it take to thaw chicken breast in the fridge?
>>
I'm progressing really slowly con OHP, and fast on Squat. I'm on SS, it's normal, right?
>>
Wasn't there a site called fitroutines or something similar?
>>
>>41949765
Gslp is the new shit
>>
>wanna try LOBAD
>only go shopping once a week
>Tesco Value bread goes off after 2 days

Can you store bread in the fridge/freezer?
>>
>>41951435
Freezer yes.
>>
What arm measurements are considered big?
>>
Is it safe to take ibuprofen everyday?

Does it damage your kidneys?
>>
>>41951058

And I want to get stronger. So cut with 200-300 calorie deficit?
>>
>>41951340

How slow are we talking here? What are your stats on Squats / OHP?
>>
File: 1436125862533.gif (535KB, 640x636px) Image search: [Google]
1436125862533.gif
535KB, 640x636px
What set x reps should I do on deadlifts on a PPL routine? I usually do 3x6-8 on the other compound lifts
>>
Bodybuilding is on Mon, Wed, and Fri.
Muay Thai is on Tues, and Thurs.

Am I going to lose strength gains because I'm not getting enough rest because of muay thai? Or does it not really matter?
>>
>>41952003
You're definitely in the clear bro, just remember to eat more
>>
My chest sucks. Is this a decent program? (12, 10, 8)
>dumbbell bench
>dumbbell inclines
>cable crossovers
>dips

3 times a week? Help me mah dudes
>>
>>41952003
In the same sort of boat, doing 5x5 Mon, Wed, Fri, cycling on tues and thurs for cardio and low bf%, how many miles is a good amount to cycle so I don't have to eat over 3-3.5k cals each day? or should I be cycling on lifting days after I've lifted?
>>
>>41952628
>>41952003
Guys you can train every single day no problem.
>>
Work biceps two or three times a week?
>>
File: 1496537351940.png (64KB, 658x901px) Image search: [Google]
1496537351940.png
64KB, 658x901px
>>41933303
For Coolcicadas PPL, barbell rows is one of the exercises--should I do the ones where I drop the barbell on the ground after each rep and My torso is like 90 degrees, or the one where I keep the barbell off the ground and my torso is a bit higher than 45 degrees?
>>
>>41933303
Aesthetically speaking, what does 1/2/3/4 look like on a lanklet frame? Like 6'4
>>
>>41951794
Been three (OHP) workouts and can only press the empty bar. Squatting 1pl8 (6 squat workouts)
>>
>>41950380
thanks mate i appreciate it
>>
>>41933303
1. is it bad to eat only twice a day? or is there a limit between meals before it harms your body

2. is it fine to only diddlylift once per week?
>>
If my shoulders occasionally give way before my arms when benching is it normal, or am I just not stretching them properly? Could it also be possible I need to focus shoulders a bit?
>>
>>41933303
A beggar woman and her kids are knocking my door asking for some staple foods, like bread, rice, sugar, etc, but I don't have any of those...
What should I give her?
>>
>>41951025
not him but all these programs seem excessive.
Are there any compound exercises that I could keep doing?
>>
Do I go 90%, manage 8 reps, then rest 60 seconds and go again x3

Or

Do I 3x10 at 70% and manage a longer workout with longer rests between sets?
>>
>>41953291
No intermittent fasting works, yes but consider adding a similar motion I.e kettle bell or RDL
>>
>>41953533
Show her the whey
>>
>>41933303
Do people on greyskull and starting strength bench 3x5 at the same weight 3 times or is it correct to go from 175,180,185. HELP IM LOSING IT!
>>
File: 1408544651986.jpg (34KB, 441x248px) Image search: [Google]
1408544651986.jpg
34KB, 441x248px
Does giving blood regularly negatively impact your gains?

I like to give blood every two or three months because I feel it's something of a civic duty. But it does rather take the wind out of one's sails, and I reckon it probably negatively impacts recovery time for maybe a day or two or three thereafter. But does it make it harder to gain muscle? If so, is there any way to mitigate that?
>>
>>41953795
Read the damn book.
>>
>>41946457
I can attest to this as I've been too caught up in college exams and essay work recently with no income I've had to cancel my gym membership for now but right now my bench was 76kg and now it's around 60kg after 1 month of little physical activity ohp surprisingly hasn't changed but it was fairly poor to being with and haven't had the chance to do squats but will happily say when I'm back in the gym (around the 10-15th of july at the latest) but essentially everything is harder and I've literally seen my gains go which is depressing
>>
>>41953614
I gave her canned beans and some eggs, although I'm not sure if she's going to have a way to cook those eggs.
>>
Supplements?
Generic or name brand?

Not sure what I need.
>Wake up suicidal
>Mid day depression
>Night time anxiety to start the next day on the right foot
>Repeat at step one

Fat 30 year old male.
>>
Are Strip Clubs the most Fit thing next to Gyms?

I mean THICC girls rubbing ass and tits on your clothed cock so you edge for maximum test gains without blowing your load

And yet you leave feeling satisfied and happy with your life

Most /fit thing ever they need to put clubs next to every gym. Maybe make it a dual membership
>>
>>41955691
>put clubs next to every gym

And give the girls free memberships.
>>
Are there any exercises that I can do to hit my hamstrings/ posterior chain? All that I have access to is 120 lbs and an easy curl bar so I have been doing one-legged RDL's.
>>
>>41955691
nah brah i gotta keep my work-outs and personal life separate you know what i mean? Can't have Claudia coming over when i'm in the middle of a set asking why I didn't stop by the table when she was dancing
>>
>>41955868
at

>>41955720

yeah
>>
what is the website that shows how built some muscles are compared to others? I remember it gives you a score for certain muscles and then an overall score
>>
How many calories should I shoot for on a cut? 20 f ~140 lbs doing endurance cardio, core, and some lifting (will modify routine as necessary during cut)
>>
File: Pendlay Row.png (228KB, 403x449px) Image search: [Google]
Pendlay Row.png
228KB, 403x449px
How do I fix this during rows. The rest of my back is flat but my but kinda bends down like this. I also get this in my deadlift starting position.
>>
Anyone have advice on taking anavar? I've reached a pretty decent plateau over the last 7 or 8 months and want to break it. I weight
215 @6'1" with 1445lb 3 lifts unequipped. Any advice or dosing information?
>>
>>41956279
you need to improve the flexibility of your hamstrings
>>
>>41955915
Symmetric strength

>>41956279
https://youtu.be/jEy_czb3RKA
>>
>>41956816
Looks good
>>
>>41955578
Could be a lot of different things:

>zinc (don't overdose though!)
>vitamin D
>omega 3
>magnesium
>B vitamins
>>
>>41937821
Just search youtube for home ab workout/chest workout.

>>41942483
If I was you id cut for 2 month because Id hate beeing fat.

>>41942622
Starting strength is fine if you want to build a good strength base.
I moved on to the reddit ppl quickly, because I dont care that much for strength.

>>41943515
Cialis or something similar. But dont take my word for granted and research yourself.

>>41944081
Yes, if you eat too much.

>>41944419
Not worth the money and inferior to a good protein source.
If you really want to spend money Id buy EAAS

>>41946092
Go to a doctor/physio. Id stop swimming if it was what hurt your shoulder in the first place.

>>41947453
>whats a good weight to start with
Depends on how strong you are. We cant answer that.

>any advice regarding form
Standing upright, tight core etc. so good posture in general.

>>41950197
I like it. Workouts are long though so only do it if you have enough time.

>>41951680
Why do you want to take it everyday?
Its very unhealthy IIRC

>>41952914
Both is fine

>>41952928
Do whatever you prefer

>>41952131
looks fine

>>41955578
I supplement

creatine (5g)
vit d3 (like 4k IE)
zinc (25g)

Propably buying some omega 3 aswell

>>41956748
/r/steroids
>>
>>41936463
>>41936403
that also sounds a bit like a hernia? might wanna see a doc if possible
>>
>>41938812
no, stronglifts is incredibly not-intense

rock climbing would be good for your forearms, arms, calves as well as core, all of which are largely ignored by SL. your quads will probably take a beating though.
>>
>>41941843
sounds like carpal tunnel
>>
File: 1491589362458.jpg (118KB, 518x518px) Image search: [Google]
1491589362458.jpg
118KB, 518x518px
I'm doing manletdestiny's beginner routine with box squats, I've heard the excersise being called as not essential for beginner lifter. I've been lifting weights for 5months and by sugar went from 1pl to 1.75pl , I can box squat 2pl with a bit of effort on the last sets, my question is , should I stick to box squat or do some other variation to strengthen my legs
>>
Okay guys stupid question but I really need the answer.

Do you need to keep this stuff refrigerated? If not I think I fucked up.
>>
>>41957757
its powder so no
>>
>>41957763
Thanks
>>
>>41957794
You are welcome
>>
How much time to get brad pitt in fight club body if im overweight by 15 lbs?
>>
File: Goal.jpg (590KB, 1000x648px) Image search: [Google]
Goal.jpg
590KB, 1000x648px
>>41933303
how many sets in a workout session should you train to failure? every set?
unrelated on cut rn but was just curious in general
>>
Is sumo deadlift better for someone with shit hamstring mobility
>>
File: tg.png (817KB, 596x1015px) Image search: [Google]
tg.png
817KB, 596x1015px
>>41933303
Is it a good idea to water fast on two seperate days of the week to lower your body fat?
I eat slightly below maintenance on the remaining 5 days. It would put me in a ~4000kcal deficit for the week.
>>
>>41958603
Yeah, I do 3 per week. No biggie. Sunday, wednesday, friday.
>>
>>41958510
Sumo is better for some and conventional is better for others. Just stretch your hamstrings though, I don't think that should be the deciding factor in which one you pick since mobility is something that can be easily fixed.
>>
>>41957477
Do what works best for you. People don't seem to understand that people respond to exercises differently.
>>
>>41957477
don't do his routine

>>41958288
not necessary to go to failure, depends on your routine
agree with your goal though
>>
>>41953830
I've never done it myself but I've heard other people say it doesn't really affect their gains.
>>
>>41951340
Of course. Your leg muscles are a lot bigger and are going to grow faster. SS is also quite famous for focusing on squats.
>>
>>41952003
You're fine. It's the same with manual labour jobs. I work as a bicycle courier and your body just sorta gets used to it.
>>
I feel like I'm in the beginning stages of a cold. Go to the gym anyway y/n?
>>
>>41959119
common cold is not an excuse

influenza and sinusitis are
>>
>>41959141
Sounds good. Less worried about me than the other people in the gym desu. But fuck it no one in that gym uses the squat rack
>>
>>41953218
You've literally just started. You're not progressing slowly, you're just a beginner.
>>
>>41957926
2 months to lose the weight, a year to gain the muscle.
>>
>>41953218

Keep training, eat more.
>>
Any sissy/trap/cd on /fit/ that has recovered through noporn or nofap? pls respond
>>
Is cardio okay to do on a restday or should i refrain from any exercise?
>>
>>41959070
~170 want to drop to ~155
>>
>>41960431
depends if you rest for your cns to recover or not
Thread posts: 320
Thread images: 37

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.