[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

anyone have a weighted vest? What should I look for/avoid? Any

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

anyone have a weighted vest? What should I look for/avoid?
Any recommendations? Preferably one with velcro to show off my autism
>>
>>41931173
If you run with one of these on you can say goodbye to your knees.
>>
dont be brown when youre wearing it desu
>>
>>41931173
If you want to work out your legs, lift at the gym. If you want better cardio, run faster or longer. Weight vests are a meme
>>
>>41931261
i was thinking for body weight stuff
>>
>>41931210
So what's the differance between a 120 pound man with a 30 pound weight vest running versus the same man who weighs 150 pounds running?
serious question, what are your thoughts?
>>
>>41931283
Great for body weight exercises! I use my plate carrier
>>
>>41931284
>>41931173
A 150lb man is accustomed to running weighing at 150lbs. You throw 30lbs, even 5lbs, on anyone that tiny and you'll fuck up every joint from your ankles to your vertebrae.
You'd have to start WALKING with 3-5 lbs and slowing increasing your WALKING capabilities with the extra weight.
To get anywhere for running with 30 lbs at 150lbs, it would take years of acclimation.
Why the fuck do you think people who gain a lot of weight on roids can't run for shit? Anyone that cycles is going to slow down until their body adapts to the new weight.
>>
>>41931283
Get a dip belt and weight instead.
>>
>>41931284
It's not spaced out evenly like natural body weight. I had an ROTC roommate in college who ran with a weight vest. For the first few weeks he loved it, but started getting back pains and knee problems from running up and down hills. He eventually just used the vest as a substitute for not having a rucksack.
>>
>>41931401
To clarify, he did nature walks with the vest instead of running, and the pains went away
>>
>>41931173

We do PT in bodyarmor quite a bit. I wouldn't recommend running in one. If you want a job involving that, there's plenty of opportunity to do just that during actual field/training exercises and real-world missions.

What we do is high volume calisthenics and grass drills. Work on being about to do 300 pushups/300 pull-ups/300 squats with a 25 lb vest on in under an hour. Another decent bench mark to shoot for is a 400m bear crawl with no stops.
>>
Quick rapid movements with an attached weight will fuck your shit up. However if you just wear one around for a walk or a hike it shouldnt bother you too much.

Think of it more in a passive sense that you aren't actively doing an exercise, youre just kinda making your life harder for the purpose of gains.
>>
File: IMG_2984.jpg (26KB, 309x476px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2984.jpg
26KB, 309x476px
WHY?!! Your only unnecessarily fucking up your shoulders and your knees, and there's a high chance you'll be shot for looking like a terrorist. If you want joint exercise go run up and then walk down some hills.

Please take it from an old retarded huntingfag, carrying more weight then you need is retarded and fucks with your joints.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.