[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

To the Mods of /FIT/

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 4

File: Noob Book.jpg (55KB, 520x520px) Image search: [Google]
Noob Book.jpg
55KB, 520x520px
You guys NEED to update the stickies.

Those stickies are WORTHLESS.

They don't teach a noob anything....nothing.

I came here as a noob to learn about fitness, about weight lifting.

Instead I found nothing but "bro science" and bad advice.

People using bad form in their lift, bad nutritional advice like "MUH STARVATION AND WATER ONLY DIET", nothing about Body Fat % or Body Mass Index, NOTHING about NOTHING.

To any noobs that want to learn about WEIGHT Training the right way, read "Weight Training for Dummies".
>>
>>41929427
Not sure if serious, but lets see how much your post lasts
>>
>>41929427
You pick up shit and put it down
You eat a clean diet
Keep good posture
You should be able to run 5km easily
Drink lots of water

That's everything anyone needs to know. Ever. Anything else is over-complication to a level that nobody browsing 4chan for fitness advice needs.

Seriously. The worst thing for newbies is the advice here, in the sticky, in the books, and in the magazines. A beginner doesn't need to learn anything other than consistency and discipline.
>>
>>41929751

>Ignorance, the post.

It's thinking like this that you see this at the gym:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w1932GYM92w

YOU are part of the problem.

Training for years and never having any change in your body.

I'm trying to help noobs that want to learn everything, beyond "bro science".
>>
>>41929771
You just want to feel special for vacuuming up tons of fitness nonsense nobody IRL will ever ask you about or give a single fuck for.

If lifting, eating well, and doing cardio doesn't give you an excellent body within a year then you have shit genetics and nobody wants to hear your advice. Stuff it
>>
>>41929804

>Shitty Genetics.

People actually believe this.

My post is for Noobs, if you feel you know what you are doing, great.

This post isn't for you.

Now piss off.
>>
Hi there, Noob here looking for advice.

Have started lifting for just under two months now.

When i go to gym, i sort of do any muscle group i feel like doing, for example ill be doing bench, a little bit of incline and then ill bounce onto the squat rack and then from there ill do some tris and so on. Is this dumb af? I feel like im gaining muscle mass while maintaining my weight.

So my question is, is a routine that important? or is lifting simply enough as long as its correct form.

Iv got body images if thats of any value. Thanks
>>
>>41930012

This question is answered in the book.

Essentially it depends on what your goal is for your body.

What is your goal?

What are you looking to achieve?
>>
File: qO0KzQT.jpg (38KB, 480x640px) Image search: [Google]
qO0KzQT.jpg
38KB, 480x640px
>>41930092
Something like this. I self-estimated im roughly 20% body fat so im eating good whole foods such as white fish. Aiming to get around 1.6 calories a day while lifting heavy. I plan to track my protein starting tomorrow, trying to get around 180g.

Im 182cm weighing at 72.4kg(160lbs)
>>
>>41930152

To answer your question, routine is very important.

You have to work out all your muscle groups, so that you have a completely proportionate body.

Many time, noobs just work out biceps and chest, and they develop a weird looking body.

The key to aesthetics is symmetry and a tight stomach.

There is so much to talk about, like proper form.

I can't talk about every single exercise and proper form, the book I linked at the top does that for you.

It even breaks down beginner routines for you with pictures, and explanations.

You can probably download a free PDF on the internet.

I would recommend you google and download it in PDF for free.

Essentially, you don't want to work out the same muscle group two days in a row.

Let them rest at least 48 hours before hitting the same muscle group.
>>
>>41929427
HERETIC
>>
>>41930219
>Read the book

Why the fuck did you make a thread?
>>
>>41930219
You talk like a fag and almost certainly don't lift.
>>
>>41930232

To get the mods to update the stickies and add REAL information to help noobs.

It just links some bullshit about SSI and other advanced garbage.

But for a complete beginner who doesn't know the difference between a barbell or a dumbbell, between a Nautical machine or a Smith machine, etc, they would benefit from a Complete Noob guide or book.
>>
>>41930219
I will look into it. Feel like a little bit of a faggot having a book about lifting as i also do it for fun, not just for the puss.

Can i ask why not work the same muscle group within 48 hours? I find that when i go to gym in the morning for example doing chest by using dumbbells (as i dont have anyone to spot me) ill be fine later that night and go again doing that same exercise making sure i get that rip
>>
>>41930307

Because of the danger of over-training your muscles and injury.

It all depends on how heavy you lift, and how frequently.

Sometimes noobs (that's the key here, noobs) don't know that they are over-training their muscles which leads to fatigue, or potentially injury.

Also, they are actually slowing their progress for muscle growth, because the muscle didn't have enough time to repair itself and heal in order to grow.

You don't actually build muscle during a workout, you build it during REST.

The idea is to have micro-tears in the fibers of the muscles while you lift, and the muscle repairs itself during sleep and rest.

That's how muscle grows.

You destroy muscle during workouts, and build the muscle during rest.
>>
>>41930362
Stop posting with your reddit spacing you fucking kike
>>
File: IMG_0646.jpg (36KB, 501x502px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0646.jpg
36KB, 501x502px
>>41929427
Nah
Harsh's sticky is decent, though autistic.

Pro-Tip: do your own research. People are lazy enough and the sticky isn't infallible but a catalyst.
>>
Good shit it seems there's some discussion up in this thread. I'm with you OP but you gotta understand complaining doesn't accomplish anything here. Like >>41930579 said start it from yourself. I'm legit searching info for myself, since pretty everyone in this board is useless r9k shitposter.
>>
File: FUCK.png (578KB, 554x523px) Image search: [Google]
FUCK.png
578KB, 554x523px
I started dieting around September 2016, and up to this point I have lost 60lbs. Mostly thanks to tracking on fitbit/diet, and cardio/lifting. I can see some basic newbie gains but still have some belly and hip fat.

I have no idea how to go from dieting to gaining muscle. And looking at how I was back then scares the shit out of me from eating a lot.

What schedule usually works for you guys? I have no idea how to properly write a work out regimen. How do I get gains without putting on too much fat?
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.