[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Mental Fitness

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: IMG_0783.jpg (115KB, 497x790px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0783.jpg
115KB, 497x790px
I was cutting for most of my first year of college last year, and now that I'm leaner, I've been bulking at right around 3000 calories (though I'm going to bring it down to 2800, I'm putting on weight too quickly). Here's my problem: I was really unhappy for most of the school year, and I kind of attributed my state of "not being okay" to cutting too hard. But now that I'm in a surplus, getting stronger, and still feeling tired and depressed all the time, I think it might be a bigger issue.
I've always been reluctant to get help, though. I don't like the idea of seeing a therapist, labeling my personality traits as depression, and I especially don't want to take meds.
Has anyone else had a similar experience?
>>
>>41924032
Dude go get help, fucking idiot

Talk to someone and if it seems like bullshit chalk it up to that
>>
>>41924042
It's not that simple, though. I have no idea how I'm going to pay for it, and I don't want to involve my family, so insurance is going to be problematic.
>>
>>41924113
It is that simple

Either make it happen or don't, if you really saw it as an issue you would go to your family for help as humbly as possible

>anon blows his brains out
"Why didn't he talk to anyone?!"

Fuck man, get your shit together - some things are worth more than your pride

In this case

Mental health/life > pride
>>
>>41924113
Typically colleges have some sort of basic mental health sevices.
They tend to be extremely shitty, but they exist.
>>
>>41924896
Also this:
>>41924149
>>
How much sunlight do you get? Do you feel that what you are doing is worthwhile? Do you have a lot of strong social connections? How much do you drink?
>>
>>41924032
I was just like you for years. Now I'm 21 and have to try to unpack a decade of shit over one 45 minute session/week. Get help. Especially if your parents aren't even assholes and you're just afraid to ask them for help. >>41924896
is right. The councilor I got was actually really helpful though and set me up with a nearby office that let you pay on a sliding scale; sometimes as low as $20/week.
>>
>>41924032
Here's some legit advice that I've used. Go to a Church with a counseling service.

Benefits:
>doesn't use health insurance to pay overpriced drug pushing psychiatrists
>no records of ever going/paying/seeing anyone
>cheap and price varies with income
>all counselors are Christians who actually want to help you because helping the community is part of their faith
>typically these types of organizations are close to home
>usually employ/have volunteers of high level individuals (I see a PhD psychologist who worked in suicide prevention for a hospital for 30 years)
>you end up happy and, most of all, closer to God due to the aid of those who believe in Him
I've been there anon. In the course of three months I got in a car crash where I got a concussion, broke my hand, and fucked up my neck, my girlfriend at the time broke up with me, I tested positive for genital herpes all while working a shit ton and taking a full load of classes pushing myself to graduate above a 3.9 GPA.

Life is hard anon. I know people in this thread will hate on me for having the herp, or being a beta cuck by losing my gf, or being Christian, but my life has significantly improved since I went. I went every week for the first month and every other week for the next five. That was about two years ago. So in short, use a Christian based counseling service where they don't keep records and scales with income. Also buy a Bible, preferably King James Version. Having some faith in your life wouldn't help. Praying is like meditation anyways, and "talking" to God is a good way to alleviate some of the things on your mind in between therapy sessions.

That's my two cents.

>"To live is to suffer, to survive is to find some meaning in the suffering." - Friedrich Nietzsche
>"Prayer does not change God, but it changes him who prays." - Soren Kierkegaard
>>
>>41925182
>Having some faith in your life WOULD help.
Oops.
>>
Life is just tiresome and depressing is all.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.