[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Weak Stabiliser Muscles - Can't Benchpress Own Hands

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

File: image.jpg (16KB, 284x178px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
16KB, 284x178px
Yesterday, I took my younger bro (15) to the gym to get him. After a light warmup, I began teaching him how to dumbbell press.
Now, he's a much lighter build than me and when I had started out at 15, I could easily bench with 20 kg dumbells.
However, when he started, he could barely press 7.5 kg without shaking his arms about excessively. I decided the weight was too heavy and gave him 5 kg. Again, his arms shook wildly.
I then took it down to a 2.5 kg, the lightest weight in the gym. I tried to keep his arms steady but alas, he faltered again, with one arm dropping down below his shoulder.
Finally, I decided that it was the weight that was the problem, so asked him to bench his own hands, without the bar.
I was shocked when yet again, his arms shook and he could not maintain a smooth and controlled motion.
Interestingly, he could bench press 40 kg on the smith machine, for 10 reps over multiple sets. That might not seem a lot, but it contrasts with his inability to bench press 0kg without the machine.

So, what excercises can he carry out to improve his stabiliser muscles? I've seen nothing like it before and am confused as what to do. I don't want this to demoralise him about the gym.
>>
>>41922597
pushups.
>>
>>41922597
tldr:
>took younger brother to gym and he can barely "dumbbell" bench press his own hands, how can he improve his stabiliser muscles?
>>
>>41922606
He doesn't have a problem doing push-ups but does get joint pain after doing them. He does have pectus excavatum, which could be a factor?
>>
>>41922621
Uh yeah. Legit means his pecs won't grow dude. Why would you knowingly put your brother through that.
>>
>>41922621
I've got pectus and its got nothing to do with his arms being weak.
He just needs to adjust to the weight, not everyone is the same strenght wise.
And of course his arms are going to shake after first ever dumbell press he ever did, thats fucking normal.
>>
>>41922621
if he gets joint pain after doing them then he has a problem doing them anon.

why is pectus excavatum 10000x more common on /fit/ than in real life? is your brother just 80lb and you are diagnosing him with it? cause thats what it sounds like

has your brother been screened for genetic diseases like kleinfelter syndrome? is your brother generally shaped weird or honestly skeleton looking?

what you've described is a level of weakness that isn't normal for a teen male
>>
>>41922639
I know it's not anything to do with his arms being weak. He can bench an ok weight on the smith machine without any shaking. I just never encountered shaking at all while starting out.
Seems weird to me. But anyway, the question was how to improve his stabiliser muscles?

>>41922643
He legitimately has it. His chest is essentially caved in, like a bowl the size of a hand in his chest.
>>
>>41922666
>But anyway, the question was how to improve his stabiliser muscles?
i already answered your question
>>
>>41922643
I'm guessing it's more common here because people like me with PE want to fix it so we take on weightlifting to make our chests look somewhat okay.
>>
>>41922666
Pull ups, push ups and just going to the gym is going to make his muscles stronger
>>
File: 1319663022074.png (138KB, 400x387px) Image search: [Google]
1319663022074.png
138KB, 400x387px
>>41922687

>tfw too weak to bench press my hands
>>
It's literally just a movement that he isn't used to. Next time he goes and does them he will be fine.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.