[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Crossfit

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3

File: bodyweight.png (209KB, 618x1444px) Image search: [Google]
bodyweight.png
209KB, 618x1444px
your thoughts on crossfit?

other than the community, the too often complained about pull up, shitty form resulting from doing things afap and bad instructors the workout routines and general method seam pretty solid. if you aim for general "fitness" of course. I'd have trouble finding two sports other than oly lifting and gymnastics, the two that crossfit draws upon the most, that give better great balanced physiques and teach real functional strength. high intensity training for most workouts is great too since it improves both strength and endurance.
>>
>>41921823
if the goal is general fitness and why not
>>
>>41921855
This, but if your goal ia to get better at liftinh and gtmnastics, then do lifting and gymnastics.
>>
File: 1489424657814.webm (3MB, 638x360px) Image search: [Google]
1489424657814.webm
3MB, 638x360px
>>41921823
>>
>>41921872
shoulder yoke is a decent test of strength and balance, I don't see a problem with that
the worst things in the video were the roman chair bench and >women
>>
I don't like it because the whole process teaches bad habits that will get people injured. There's no focus on safe/correct form - Olympic lifts can be really dangerous if not performed correctly with a sensible weight to rep range but Crossfit revolves around performing those in very high rep ranges when the body is in an exausted state.

There's a generally attitude of ego lifting which is unsafe in itself but also it's a bad mentality to teach people to focus on achieving an end result by any means necessary.

I also have a problem that the Crossfit personal trainer certification is 48hr course. Literally anyone can pass that. That's why there's so manny DYEL Crossfit instructors that no relatively little about excercise science biomechanics or nutrition but more importantly have little annicdotal experience from a few years of learning and experiencing things themselves. Those people shouldn't be teaching others let alone for money.

In my experience Crossfit tends to attract a lot of narcissists too. There's an ethos of bragging about accomplishments. Usually you can tell a Crossfitters because they will tell you they Crossfit pretty damn quickly as you sure as hell can't tell they excercise by looking at most of them. There's a whole cult of Crossfit culture where they are constantly trying to drag people in and talking about their acomplishments and how great Crossfit is and how it would improve their lives.
>>
>>41921823
CrossFit doesn't really draw upon gymnastics at all. the only gymnastic moves that are used, so far as i can see, are: kipping pull-ups, kipping muscle-ups, kipping dips, kipping handstand push-ups, and kipping toes-to-bars. maybe you'd also want to call walking on your hands a gymnastic manoeuvre

similarly, CrossFit isn't a particularly sensible way to learn weightlifting. they're technical and need to be practised regularly, but CrossFit itself doesn't necessarily have you doing (e.g.) C&Js regularly. to the extent that you do practise the lifts, it tends to be "do as many reps as possible as quickly as possible at a low intensity"

cardio + barbell training + bodyweight training is a great idea. CrossFit is just about the worst way to implement that idea, unless your coach defies the WODs and general practices of CrossFit
>>
>>41921872
what the fuck is up with the gimmicks is crossfit, like women doing it while pregnant to show off, or doing it in a suit, or wrapped in lights or like that one woman who snapped her shit trying to deadlift in heels
>>
File: 1497844052395.jpg (74KB, 476x700px) Image search: [Google]
1497844052395.jpg
74KB, 476x700px
>>41921872
one of the greatest webms around. Crossfit is a fucking joke and only for normies who don't know what proper lifting is.
>ya dig in the sand!
>just walk with weights till you fall over!
>Don't pull yourself up using muscles just use momentum!
>even pregnant whales can do it!
it's just stupid.
>>
>>41921823
Heard it leads to muscle degeneration and kidney because it's apparently retarded to torture yourself multiple times a week in the hopes of achieving some get fit quick scheme.

I'd rather just lift on lifting days and cardio on cardio days. Lift a little more when I can. Run a little further each week. I like simple shit.

Also this shit attracts too many retards for me.
>>
>>41924231
i think you're thinking of (exertional) rhabdomyolysis. you'd have to be an absolute retard for that to happen to you, so yes, it does happen to CrossFitters from time to time
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.