[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

French Foreign Legion

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

File: combat-uniform-legion-4.jpg (30KB, 600x350px) Image search: [Google]
combat-uniform-legion-4.jpg
30KB, 600x350px
I've considered joining the FFL since finishing my military service in Finland 3 years ago. I have decided to travel to France in beginning of September - roughly in 70 days. There I can save up some money.

I'm 22 years old, 6'0, 170lbs. (183cm 77.5kg). I can jog/run for 9-10 minutes before I'm out of breath and have to walk.

The hard part to joining, in addition to the IQ & personality tests, is the running test:
'a rhythmic running between two points that are 20 meters apart from side to side; running speed is determined by audio beeps at set intervals with increasing frequency – you have to complete at least 7 levels)'
http://foreignlegion.info/joining/

'pacer test, is a series of stages that have different tasks sometimes used by sports coaches and trainers to estimate an athlete's VO2 max (maximum oxygen uptake)'
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Multi-stage_fitness_test

I plan training by running a 8km track 4 times a week and to abstain from pot & cigarettes. I'll be lifting 3 days a week.

>Has anyone been to the tests?
>Can I prepare for the IQ/personality tests?
>>
>I've considered joining the FFL since finishing my military service in Finland 3 years ago

Why?
They're the most expendable troop the French Armed Forces have, your crew will consist of low-lives from Eastern Europe and MENA - and the pay is shit.
>>
>>41916226
We did that test in high school friend, level 7 isnt hard at all. Most of the girls in the class went to 10 and many to 11 and 12. Granted, they were student athletes, but still basic 16 year old girls. Just train long distance running with medium tempo as long as you can go.

Personality tests Id say your best preparation is to make sure your head is calm and collected and in a good place.
>>
It's easy. As long you have the will. In the swedish military we have the same test to level 8.8 to get employed in the army.

We hade chain smokers who passed
>>
>>41916313
Best opportunity to shoot niggers and get away with it
>>
>>41916313
To save up money - if I carry on like this, I'll have spent everything I've earned. FFL pays 1205€ monthly - that's the net after taxes. That's 14 460€ per year - or 72 300€ (80 929$) after five years. I assume saving most of the money during the service would be easy.
>>
>>41916226
>French Foreign Legion

Do they actually do anything now days? Do they go in the battlefield?
>>
>>41916461

>Swedish military

I guess the tests to join swedish military is how fast you can make jamal cum, using only your mouth, or how many black dicks you can fit into your ass.
>>
>>41916634
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_battles_involving_the_French_Foreign_Legion
The latest listed war seems to be from 2011 Afghanistan. However some of their troop is armed in sandnigger countries.
>>
>>41916313
>They're the most expendable troop the French Armed Forces have
Yeah, but this isn't 1920. They're still the guys sent to bumfuck nowhere to shoot black people where the French army themselves can't afford to get involved (selling 100 French casualties to the public at large is a lot more difficult than selling 100 mercenary casulaties nobody gives a fuck about), but they're no longer the crooks on the run from the law who exist purely to catch bullets. Nowadays the FFL is a disciplined force that actually sends underqualified people away, arrests criminals and is expected to behave with a degree of professionalism.
>>
>>41916634
Yeah they do operations in Mali and Guyana
>>
>>41916226
Op what the fuck is wrong with you? what makes you want to put your life on the line for something like a thousand bucks a month? No disrespect to the ffl guys but don't be a stupid cunt.
>>
>>41916226
If you have military training consider becoming an actual mercenary, either fully illegal or with some grey-area 'private military' company like Blackwater. Pay is probably a multitude of Foreign Legion and you're not cannon fodder for the fucking French.
>>
>I can jog/run for 9-10 minutes before I'm out of breath and have to walk.

That's atrocious dude. Any sort of non special forces military shit is easy as balls with half decent cardio. They key is half-decent. By that I mean like a 21 minute 5k. Just take some time and get that in order and do like a starting strength type program.
>>
>>41917765
I will be eating ~2200 calories a day attempting to lose ~5kg during the program.

Changing my cardio once a week & gym 5-6 times a week routine to this:

50 day program - 7 weeks.
R = a 8km lap, add intervals some days
G = Gym - do the Reg Park's 5x5 program's 2nd phase scaling to ~60% of max strength https://www.t-nation.com/training/reg-parks-5x5-program

M: R, G
T: R or off
W: R, G
T: off
F: R, G
S: off
S: off

I also plan on doing 30 pull ups a day
>>
>>41918448
Lifting twice a week is already enough for this. Pushups and chins are what you want to focus on besides cardio.
>>
>>41916226
Best of luck Finbro, planning on trying out next year as well.

Get acquainted with the FFL forum. It's visited by both wannabes and FFL veterans who can answer your questions regarding anything ranging from legal issues to training regimens.

The main consensus regarding the pre-joining training and bootcamp is that you need to really fucking love to run, and as some people have already mentioned- Your running times aren't really up to par right now.
Take in account that the Legion is currently not involved in any major fighting and doesn't need a lot of new men, thus can be a lot more selective in who they take, so the competition is likely going to be strong. Perhaps you should consider delaying your departure a bit and dedicate a few more months to training.
Aside from that, try to learn some French before you go.

https://cervens net/legionbbs123/forum.php?s=d229e43502f9ac0bc83c4efe76a11e0f

https://cervens net/legionbbs123/showthread.php?11147-Legion-preparation-training-program
>>
>>41917433
Not him but lmao at life even being worth living. Might as well go to some Aftican hellhole and fight a bit.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.