[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Looking for an honest discussion about general health and fitness

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 142
Thread images: 20

File: tugg_1920x1080.jpg (173KB, 1000x563px) Image search: [Google]
tugg_1920x1080.jpg
173KB, 1000x563px
Looking for an honest discussion about general health and fitness when it comes to diet, if you truly want to be fit and healthy why do you consume irrefutably unhealthy food groups like meat, eggs and dairy whilst avoiding say high fat diets, alcohol and cigarettes?
>>
Because they are tasty, and enjoying food is part of a healthy lifestyle for many people.

Its called compromise.
Why don't you sit in a padded cell for the rest of your life to avoid any potential injury? Same reason.
>>
>>41912433
>Honest discussion
>Irrifutabley unhealthy
Why are you like this
>>
>>41912475
You don't need animal products to enjoy food you fucking psycho
>>
>>41912487

You don't need anything but a padded cell to enjoy life you fucking psycho.
>>
>>41912433
This is vegan propoganda. Meat, eggs, and dairy are part of a healthy diet.

Got no problem with people eating vegan for ethical reasons, but acknowledge it's a less healthy diet and your reasoning is ethical, not health.
>>
>>41912487
You don't need to autistically and obsessively attempt to dictate to other people what they should and should not eat, you fucking psycho.
>>
>>41912475

Are you saying foods that leave out meat/egg/dairy cannot be tasty or enjoyable whilst at the same time being healthy and nutritious?

I understand some things come with risk like driving a car or even leaving your house in the morning but these are calculated risks to be able to lead a practical and happy life. There is no benefit to your life by consuming health harming foods like previously mentioned.
>>
>>41912433
What the health is a bullshit vegan propaganda 'documentary'. We have been eating meat and dairy products for millions of years and we have thrived. Fml responding to this shitty fucking bait.
>>
Is it stupidity that leads people to not be able to understand that humans have different preferences and values? Its a basic, easy to reach conclusion.
Like, does OP really not have the ability to grasp this? I didn't think people could be that stupid. Is it autism, lack of theory of mind?
Or is it bait? In which case, just sad.
>>
>>41912527
>Are you saying foods that leave out meat/egg/dairy cannot be tasty or enjoyable whilst at the same time being healthy and nutritious?

No, nobody said that.
I'm saying people enjoy meat and eggs and dairy to a point that means they are not really interested in giving them up for health reasons.

Whether you think that is wrong or sad is irrelevant, its your problem, not theirs.
>>
>>41912527
We're obviously not going to ever settle this subject with intellectual arguments and conversation. I recommend a traditional trial by combat. If I can beat the shit out of you, then veganism is bullshit, and you will have to sit there and eat a cheeseburger in front of me and the whole world. Deal?
>>
>>41912482

All the evidence and research not backed by meat and dairy industries back these claims, the WHO even places the most common of meats consumed by western society as type 1 carcinogens alongside tobacco and asbestos.

>>41912487

Not me, a little too aggressive for my liking.

>>41912517

I'd say the reverse is true and you have fallen for the carnivorous diet propaganda. What do vegans have to gain from their beliefs and activism? What do the meat and dairy industry have to gain for theirs? It's pretty simple.
>>41912518

No one is dictating what you eat, this is a fitness board and in the interest of health and fitness its a reasonable question and akin to asking why one would eat macdonalds if they want to remain fit and healthy.
>>
File: 3hOBrdRZ.jpg (55KB, 512x512px) Image search: [Google]
3hOBrdRZ.jpg
55KB, 512x512px
>>41912433
>irrefutably unhealthy food groups like meat, eggs and dairy

>implying

>whilst avoiding say high fat diets

I don't avoid a high fat diet.
>>
>>41912577
>No one is dictating what you eat, this is a fitness board and in the interest of health and fitness its a reasonable question and akin to asking why one would eat macdonalds if they want to remain fit and healthy.

And the answer is simple.
Balance.
People may enjoy unhealthy things. The same people may enjoy being fit. It is up to them, and them alone, how they compromise between these two things.

If you were entirely pursuing 100% fitness and health above all else then you would never set foot in a city without a gas mask for example. The things you might view as not worth the compromise for health reasons, are only your own opinion.
>>
>>41912538

And we had a life expectancy of <30 years for the majority of those years, so I wouldn't say "thrived". You also realise for all of those years we had to eat to survive so it wasn't a matter of what was in the interest of health and fitness.

>>41912544

That's very true, and you're entitled to those things. It doesn't make the original post any less relevant on a health and fitness board.
>>41912559

That's true, alongside lifetime smokers and alcoholics people don't like to give up on their vices. I'm more concerned with people who actively pursue a life of health and fitness like I assume some of the population of /fit would include.
>>
>>41912577
Listen, faggot: I'm over 50 years old. I eat meat EVERY SINGLE DAY and have my whole life. My colon is spotlessly clean. I'm disgustingly healthy. My LDLs are low, my HDLs are high, my heart is strong as an elephant. I have no traces of the usual bullshit diseases that most people my age have (diabetes, cancer, heart disease, etc). I race bikes on a bike racing team; I'll be going out for a 50 mile race this morning in fact. Telling me that eating meat and animals products is 'unhealthy' makes me laugh; I'm healthier and stronger than the vast majority of you little shits. Your 'bait' is pathetic, old, busted, from Last Thursday, and nobody has any respect for you and your bullshit. GO BACK TO >>>/b/.
>>
Can I use those protein supplements if I don't work out?

I am worried about my hair loss and I want to make sure it's not due to my diet. I definitely don't get enough protein. I don't know how I'm supposed to eat 60+ grams of it daily, so I was thinking about using those supplements.
Does anyone do that or won't it work?
>>
Is this free advertising or something? Nobody is watching this trash, and certainly not paying for it.
>>
>>41912433
Nice bait. Much replies. Have some sage on your soylent green.
>>
File: wpid-fed-up-trailer-header.jpg (129KB, 550x356px) Image search: [Google]
wpid-fed-up-trailer-header.jpg
129KB, 550x356px
>>41912433
If you're truly interested in health, watch this.
>>
>>41912626
>I'm more concerned with people who actively pursue a life of health and fitness

Its not a black and white issue.

Either way, the only people who dedicate their entire lives to fitness, don't tend to eat unhealthy foods. Those are people whos life goals and careers rely on their peak performance. The only other people who make that kind of commitment are people who have nothing else going for them and so they shitpost on /fit/ about it because they need to feel superior about something.

Enjoying "bad" things is part of human nature and is part of a healthy life. Health isn't all about physiology.
>>
Until you pussies come up with a proper cheese replacement, none of us are going to stop "torturing" animals. Also you faggots should stop overpricing your foods.
>>
>>41912664
congress said pizza had a serving of vegetables in it, aka tomato sauce.

retarded children binge ate pizza daily for years before this decision yet it is somehow congress's fault
>>
>>41912640

eat meat
>>
>>41912610

Saturated fat, cholesterol, heme iron, heterocyclic amines to name a few. These things are not just assumed to be unhealthy.
>>41912616

Good point, I think practicality is important when discussing health and fitness, if that is your goa. We can at least agree avoiding certain foods like most people concerned with fitness would like mcdonalds is a lot more practical then never stepping foot in a city.
>>
>>41912692

I'm trying to, but it's just too much. I can't force myself and it's expensive.
>>
>>41912697
saturated fat and dietary cholesterol aren't unhealthy, mr 1990s
>>
File: fires skull.jpg (42KB, 500x465px) Image search: [Google]
fires skull.jpg
42KB, 500x465px
>>41912433
mfw when i fall for the vegan shills
and realize its all about not eating animal stuff instead of a balanced diet

> pic related perfect vegan diet

vegans treat it like the second cumming of jesus, and praise their benefits they got. yet fail to see from swapping from a garbe diet to a balanced diet.
90% goes like this eat trash at college since free choice of mc shit and ramen- feel like trash because you eat trash- join the fad to orbit some hippy chick that puts out- follow balanced diet for the first time. OMG TRY VEGAN ITS MAGIC
>>
>>41912709

jesus christ what the fuck, buy some deli meat and make a sandwich, thats like halfway there in one easy meal
>>
>>41912640
>I don't know how I'm supposed to eat 60+ grams of it daily
4 cups of black beans or pinto beans or kidney beans blah blah blah blah you get the idea
>>
>>41912733

Am I calculating this wrong?

Yesterday I had:

>4 eggs = 20g
>3 glasses of milk = 18g
>some salami = 10g
>whole wheat bread = 5g

That was a good day and I barely got to 60g. I weight 65kg (178cm) and I assume I have to eat at least 90g?

>>41912755

I guess I'll try, but that sounds like a lot to eat.
>>
>>41912636

There are also many smokers that live to the ripe old age of 90, and we know for a fact that smoking is incredibly unhealthy. You are health in spite of what you eat, not because of it.

>>41912665

That's true, not everyone here devotes every aspect of their lives to health and fitness. But a lot do try to optimise their day to day fitness, avoiding cigarettes and alcohol which have no substitutes but consuming similarly unhealthy things like meat and dairy when their are a plethora of options out there equally as satisfying.
>>
The thing I hated about this "documentary" is the guy kept badgering customer service folks for dramatic effect. Listen, man, they're just trying to earn a paycheck.

There's no panacea for health. All our bodies are different and all our goals are different. If I want to he a sexy yoga instructor, I'll be vegan. If I want to be a swol body builder, I'll eat 36 egg whites. If I'm diabetic, I'll abstain from refined carbs and sugar.

The science is ultimately too conflicting to every say: This is the true diet.
>>
>>41912778
>that sounds like a lot to eat.
It's 1000 calories it damn well better feel like a lot!
>>
>>41912712

There is a direct association and link with saturated fat, cholesterol and heart disease/cancer. This isn't a topic up for debate.

>>41912713

A balanced diet by definition is eating enough food and types of food in order to get all the nutrients you require for good health. Eating meat and dairy opposes this definition as it promotes bad health.
>>
>>41912755
>>41912856
It's also 44g of fibre. You people are insane.
>>
>>41912804

> If I want to be a swol body builder, I'll eat 36 egg whites.

Why?
>>
>>41912778
My wholebread has 14g of protein per 100g. You can find better bread out there mate.

Salami is shit nutritionally and you can probably find ham that has more protein and costs less.
>>
>>41912870

I don't mind the fiber. I could actually use it, because I have hemorrhoids and right now I'm using magnesium mineral water to soften my stool. I don't know, I'm kind of desperate and I might actually try the protein supplements if I don't manage to eat enough regularly.

I just did a quick search and apparently the 1,5g per kg weight isn't exactly true (says in my textbooks). Would a normal person that doesn't work out need less?
>>
>>41912890

>has 14g of protein per 100g.
It says 10g per 100g on mine, but I only ate like 50g of it.

I can't even imagine the amount of food people who work out have to eat to satisfy their daily demands.
>>
>>41912884

129 grams of protons
>>
>>41912892
If you're gonna eat an assload of fiber you should know it will take a bit of time for your body to get used to it. Don't get scared.
>>
>>41912804

That's a cop out statement, the science is clear, the only conflicting evidence you will see is by "research" performed and backed by the meat, egg and dairy industries.

Insulin resistance and therefore diabetes by the way is caused firstly by fat interfering with glycogen storage not a high carb diet. This is a common misconception.
>>
>>41912917

Can you prove that every single body of research is in fact conspiratorially funded by meat and dairy companies?

Diabetes is a result of your pancreas not producing enough insulin you retard. When people stopped eating fat and cramming sugar into all our foods to make them taste decent, diabetes skyrocketed.
>>
>>41912870
I'm one person and my asshole health has been fine. If that much fiber is somehow too much for you then you should drink a little more water.
>>
>>41912867
https://examine.com/nutrition/is-saturated-fat-bad-for-me/?PageSpeed=noscript
>>
>>41912433
If veganism is healthy then why do their teeth and hair fall out? Really tell me. I can't afford tooth implants.
>>
>>41912955

Find me any body of evidence that supports meat and dairy consumption in favour of health and longevity that isn't backed by these industries. It's not a conspiracy when the research clearly states the sponsors and funding.

Type 2 diabetes is so prevalent in obese individuals why? Its the fat. That is how insulin resistance develops and causes high blood sugar. Carbs alone will never cause diabetes unless you are eating a drastic surplus of calories which would cause weight gain and fat storage anyway.
>>
>>41912610
Oh hey, it's Nina Teicholz, who is funded by the meat and pharmaceuticals industries.

>>41912978
>Saturated fat, as an all-inclusive category, has not yet been shown to beneficially or adversely affect heart health.
This is false.

>All major studies on saturated fats merely look at what people ingest
This is a laughably obvious lie. Not only do we have many high-quality interventional studies, we also have in-depth mechanistic knowledge of why and how saturated fat is harmful.
>>
File: 1495845793432.jpg (26KB, 338x338px) Image search: [Google]
1495845793432.jpg
26KB, 338x338px
>>41912433
>meat
>eggs
>dairy
>cigarettes
>unhealthy

Post physique you fucking loser
>>
>>41913024

Vegans aren't elite nutritionists they too can fall for nutrient deficiencies by eating the wrong foods, their are plenty of vegans with a full head of hair and full set of teeth.
>>
>>41912978
Lol, first study cited is Mozaffarian (funded by Bunge, the largest producer of refined fat on the planet).
The ride never ends with these jokers.
>lol I am so smart I cited Mozaffarian and Siri-Tarino xxxDDD omg everything we knew is wrong
>>
>>41912856
>It's 1000 calories it damn well better feel like a lot!

No, it SHOULDN'T feel like a lot, because then it makes eating (and shitting, and sharing elevators) a chore for people with high calorie requirements.
>>
>>41912917
>all research performed and backed by people I don't like is wrong
>all research performed and backed by people I like is right
>>
>>41913090
If you have to micromanage your diet like an autist it isn't worth it for most people.
>>
File: 20 june front.png (170KB, 305x412px) Image search: [Google]
20 june front.png
170KB, 305x412px
>>41913072

Ok.
Post yours now.

>>41913024
I'm vegan and I have all of my teeth and a head full of hair, my brother and father went bald in their late teens. I was always the one who ate the least saturated fats and cholesterol and it shows.

Only raw vegan fruitarian retards who don't wash their teeth lose their teeth, and the whole hair loss thing is mainly found in meat eaters, not vegans.
>>
>>41913043
>Carbs alone will never cause diabetes unless you are eating a drastic surplus of calories which would cause weight gain and fat storage anyway.

explain how non-fat people get diabetes then.
>>
>>41913151
t-those tiddies
n-no homo anon
>>
>>41913129

Except in this case the animal agriculture industries have massive incentive to bullshit. Where is the incentive for others?
>>
>>41912518

If you what you eat is of detriment to society and environment as a whole, then of course it matters to other people, you fucking psycho.
>>
>>41912697
>Saturated fat, cholesterol, heme iron, heterocyclic amines
If you eat any kind of aerobic organism you're consuming all of those, retard.
>>
>>41913142

Its no more effort of micromanaging your nutrients then the standard western diet.
>>
>>41913172
>Where is the incentive for others?

The sheer pleasure of moralist nagging. Oh, and also the agriculture industry, because apparently you forgot that crops don't just manifest themselves onto your plate from the aether.
>>
File: 1313613920045.png (52KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
1313613920045.png
52KB, 600x600px
>>41913179
Imagine being this much of a beta.
>>
>>41912433
I'm impressed with this shit post. Usually its just the vegan general thread but it always runs its course due to all the links of goverment survays thst prove things like vegan linked to low test, no gainz, vitamin deficiency, etc. But here you dont have it phrased the same. You didnt start with the word vegan.

My only question, but I doubt I'd get an actual answer. Is why do you feel the need to shit post this thread? I can see two possibilities. One is your board and this is kinda entertaining. The other is you're generally seeking validation. I don't know why but for some reason you think that arguing with people on a Norwegian basket weaving forum about veganism os going to make you feel better.

Tell me about yourself anon. Why do you do this
>>
>>41913172
Everyone has incentive to bullshit. Looks like somebody failed their high school psychology class.
>>
>>41913192

t. dyel alpha wannabe who can't stop eating his mommy's tendies

>>41913197
>Woah I literally have no idea why someone would spend time to discuss diet and health on a fitness board

Gee man, you know.. I really have no idea why OP would do this.
>>
>>41913160

Skinny people still have fat, typically lower muscle mass and genetics also play a role.
>>
>>41913160

Insulin resistance, which ironically can be caused by fat gain in general regardless of carbs/fats eaten.

Also, you do know that diabetes can be treated with a high carb diet right?
Sugar obviously makes it worse, but carbs themselves don't, specially if you eat any fibre at all.
>>
>>41913183
Give me no more than 4 foods I can eat daily without having to worry about lacking necessarily nutrients. I don't want to have to juggle 20 plants.
>>
File: my average diet.png (89KB, 1604x638px) Image search: [Google]
my average diet.png
89KB, 1604x638px
>>41913221
>t. dyel alpha wannabe who can't stop eating his mommy's tendies

What an embarrassing post.
>>
>>41913043
dietary fat alone doesn't make you fat. Eating excess calories does. So eating a lot of carbs and fat makes you fat. It's even possible to get fat just eating carbs.
>>
>>41913247
How do I stomach sardines, senpai?
>>
>>41912433
Post actual sources for this. Don't say "WHO said so, other said so, muh funding".
>>
File: Boursin-R-Cheese_push_homepage.jpg (23KB, 490x290px) Image search: [Google]
Boursin-R-Cheese_push_homepage.jpg
23KB, 490x290px
>>41913270
>>
>>41913247

>eggs
Good job at literally eating the only food worse than dairy and fatty animal meat.

>keto
Enjoy your "good" cholesterol muh dude.
>>
>>41913280
Blaming cholesterol for heart disease is literally the same as blaming firemen for fires.
>>
>>41912577
>All the evidence and research not backed by meat and dairy industries back these claims
Yeah, it's all a conspiracy.
>>
>>41913267

Its a lot harder to store fat as carbohydrates than it is fat. Excess carbs are stored as glycogen in muscle tissue. Its very very difficult to eat a high carb low or no fat diet and gain fat.
>>
File: liberal.png (287KB, 553x635px) Image search: [Google]
liberal.png
287KB, 553x635px
What these researchers found was that the prevalence rate of depressive disorders were around 15% higher in the group of vegetarians, not a small percentage by any means. >Moreover, the prevalence rate for anxiety disorders was higher by around 12% as well. And that’s not the end of it. While the prevalence rate of eating disorders in the omnivore group was around 1%, for vegetarians it was 5,6%.

>These differences range from small; eating disorders, to rather high; depressive disorders. All of them were statistically significant – thus meaning it is highly unlikely they happened by chance. The interesting thing to note with the third group which was involved, partial vegetarians, was that they were always between the other two, as far as prevalence rates of different disorders go.
>>
Vegetarian eating has an all-star health rep—but according to a new study published in the journal PLOS ONE, vegetarians may actually be less healthy than meat eaters, on average. ... They found that vegetarians had higher incidences of cancer, allergies, and mental health disorders than their carnivorous counterparts.
>>
>>41913278

https://www.hsph.harvard.edu/nutritionsource/2014/03/19/dietary-fat-and-heart-disease-study-is-seriously-misleading/

https://www.hsph.harvard.edu/nutritionsource/2016/12/19/saturated-fat-regardless-of-type-found-linked-with-increased-heart-disease-risk/

That's just a couple
>>
>>41913328
That is true, but you expend carbs at a higher rate than fats, so if your diet contains too many carbs you will store the fats you don't expend on energy. So to lose weight it is often a good idea to limit carbs rather than fat in your diet.
>>
>>41913334
Betting those results are because depressed, anxious and eating disordered individuals more like to be vegetarians in order to fix them self
>>
File: Capture1.png (337KB, 1508x964px) Image search: [Google]
Capture1.png
337KB, 1508x964px
>>41913304
>>
File: vegan.png (100KB, 845x535px) Image search: [Google]
vegan.png
100KB, 845x535px
>>41913366
>Betting
Bets totally makes me feel safe
>>
File: Milk doesn't lower testosterone.png (34KB, 674x318px) Image search: [Google]
Milk doesn't lower testosterone.png
34KB, 674x318px
>>41912482
This
>https://breakingmuscle.com/fuel/why-all-humans-need-to-eat-meat-for-health
>https://authoritynutrition.com/7-evidence-based-health-reasons-to-eat-meat/
>https://authoritynutrition.com/it-aint-the-fat-people/
>https://authoritynutrition.com/top-8-reasons-not-to-fear-saturated-fats/
>https://chriskresser.com/the-diet-heart-myth-cholesterol-and-saturated-fat-are-not-the-enemy/
>https:/http://press.endocrine.org/doi/full/10.1210/jcem.85.1.6291
>http://suppversity.blogspot.com/2014/01/true-or-false-dairy-is-toxic-hormone.html
Also highly doubt the"milk=prostate cancer" entirely especially when in the article it says:
>Estrone and prostate cancer risk in men: As far as the estrone levels Maruyama et al. measured in their 2010 study are concerned it is very difficult to tell, whether or not the 26% increase in E2 levels is or isn't a problem.
>The estrone values in the Maruyama study are unrealistic. With a normal range of <68pg/ml the subjects in the Maruyama study would have elevated E1 levels to begin with, if the measurement was correct.
>difficult to tell
>unrealistic
and
>What remains to be seen, though, is whether future epidemiological evidence will support or refute the currently heralded hypothesis that dairy consumption increases prostate cancer risk and whether we will be able to identify more feasible explanations for this relations than those that are implicated by the results Maruyama et al. present in their 2010 study.
>(cont.)
>>
File: behindthispost.jpg (6KB, 300x360px) Image search: [Google]
behindthispost.jpg
6KB, 300x360px
>>41913378
>j-just buy creatine supplements goy
>>
>>41913387
>(cont.)
>>41912577
>All the evidence and research not backed by meat and dairy industries back these claims, the WHO even places the most common of meats consumed by western society as type 1 carcinogens alongside tobacco and asbestos.
>http://www.diagnosisdiet.com/meat-and-cancer/
>https://chriskresser.com/red-meat-cancer-again-will-it-ever-stop/
>http://www.mensfitness.com/nutrition/what-to-eat/meat-cancer-bacon-who-report-mens-fitness-health
>https://rawfoodsos.files.wordpress.com/2010/08/minger_formal_response2.pdf
>https://deniseminger.com/2010/08/06/final-china-study-response-html/
>https://deniseminger.com/2010/08/03/the-china-study-a-formal-analysis-and-response/
>https://deniseminger.com/2010/07/07/the-china-study-fact-or-fallac/ >http://www.foodrenegade.com/the-china-study-discredited/
>https://deniseminger.com/the-china-study/
>https://www.westonaprice.org/our-blogs/the-curious-case-of-campbells-rats-does-protein-deficiency-prevent-cancer/
>https://www.westonaprice.org/our-blogs/taking-a-trip-down-memory-lane-fishing-for-our-good-friend-glutathione-in-the-waters-of-the-memory-hole-how-t-colin-campbell-helped-prove-that-protein-protects-us
>https://www.reddit.com/r/keto/comments/1zjlm/scienceanimal_protein_rich_diets_could_be_harmful/cfupxyt/?st=j403pmhn&sh=b3278c44
>http://caloriesproper.com/red-meat-wont-kill-you-it-will-make-you-stronger/
>http://www.saragottfriedmd.com/does-meat-cause-cancer-revisiting-the-meat-igf-1-and-cancer-connection/
>http://www.sciencemediacentre.co.nz/2014/03/05/dietary-protein-health-and-mortality-experts-respond/
>>
>>41913378

>vegans have much lower testosterone levels than their meat-eating counterparts

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uQzILxkd3M8
>>
>>41913387

>all those muscle websites, blogs and bullshit with no credible sources
>>
>>41913245
Not him, not a vegan, not a trustworthy guy, but apparently you can solely eat potatoes and be fine. Look into it.
>>
>>41913387
>>41913408
Do you people really get a kick out of this faggot autistically spamming dozens of links like it's an "I WIN!" button?
>>
File: dairy and hormones.png (258KB, 671x352px) Image search: [Google]
dairy and hormones.png
258KB, 671x352px
>>41913378

>cholesterol is crucial and used to make steroid hormones like testosterone
Human body synthesizes its own cholesterol, humans don't need to eat cholesterol.
>Creatine and Carnosine are essential
They are not, they're literally NOT essential, and your body produces its own creatine, carnosine is no necessary for proper bodily function.

>muh saturated fats
Caloric intake has been correlated with higher testosterone, higher dairy intake has been correlated with higher estrogen in males and cancer and lower testosterone.
>>
>>41913466

What's funny is that it's mostly fucking reddit links and random bullshit articles and blogs

also

>mensfitness.com

lmao
>>
>>41913499
And yet only 1 or 2 posts ever call him a faggot for doing it. That makes me think that /fit/ is absolutely terrible.
>>
No bullshitting somebody tell me why in the past 4-5 weeks veganism has had a massive spike on /fit/. This documentary came out on March 7th according to wikipedia yet you faggots have only spammed it for the last week.
>>
>>41913601

If I had to guess I would say that it is from the increase in online debates mainly on youtube between vegans and non vegan youtubers.
>>
>>41913660
>it is from the increase in online debates mainly on youtube between vegans and non vegan youtubers.
You gotta mention that it's 1 channel assraping everybody he debates
>>
>>41912433
the nu /r/atheism
>>
File: 48e.png (362KB, 662x450px) Image search: [Google]
48e.png
362KB, 662x450px
>>41913601
>No bullshitting somebody tell me why in the past 4-5 weeks veganism has had a massive spike on /fit/.
>>41913660
They're all also from reddit
>https://www.reddit.com/r/nutrition/comments/6j8kwb/i_would_just_like_to_point_out_a_few_fallacies/
>https://desuarchive.org/fit/thread/41857705/#41861522
>>
Okay I just watched this.
So is it true?

You have a higher chance of cancer and diabetes from processed meats, milk and eggs.?
>>
>>41914793
No
>>41913408
>>41913387
>>
>>41914837
I'm finding sources that say processed meats are bad and cause cancer.
Even the world health organisation and the american cancer society say so.

https://www.cancer.org/latest-news/world-health-organization-says-processed-meat-causes-cancer.html

Should I just stick to eating clean then with breast chicken?
>>
>>41914896
>I'm finding sources that say processed meats are bad and cause cancer.
>Even the world health organisation and the american cancer society say so.
>https://www.cancer.org/latest-news/world-health-organization-says-processed-meat-causes-cancer.html
Which I just dealt with
>Should I just stick to eating clean then with breast chicken?
Eat your chicken and don't be needlessly afraid of steak, barbecue, milk or eggs
>>
>>41912433
It can't just be me that hopes most choose the poor diet. I want to look better than everyone around me.
>>
>>41912433
I hope that's just a vegan autism.
>>
>>41912433

>irrefutably

In moderation they are completely fine incorporated in the diet. They also contain many beneficial nutrients in a readily bioavailable form which is more easily taken up by the body.

Being fit and healthy does not mean going so totally overboard with it that it becomes an obsession, takes over your life, and limits many of the other pleasures that one can (and should) partake in in life such that they dpon't become a narrow minded grumpy Gus.
>>
>>41913378

This must have come from AuthorityNutrition. Everything is either blatantly wrong or misleading, and they try to make "the demonization if saturated fat and cholesterol" out to be a vegan thing instead of it being a mainstream belief among nutrition researchers.
>>
>>41913179
>If you what you eat is of detriment to society and environment

The same could be said of vegans/vegetarians/organic produce only consumers who spend more money importing foods from the other side of the planet putting local farming communities out of business, raising the prices for your novelty superfoods which makes it harder for the locals in the poorer countries from where they came from to buy them themselves, and using up all those fossil fuels in transporting them to your own country so you can 'feel good' about what you eat.

You morons don't even think about the environmental cost of what you eat instead focusing all your angst on what other people eat.
>>
>>41913334

Found the study, and looking at it now

>In Western cultures vegetarian diet is associated with an elevated risk of mental disorders. HOWEVER, there was no evidence for a causal role of vegetarian diet in the etiology of mental disorders.
>Individuals with a history of a mental disorder may exhibit more perceived health-oriented behavior in order to positively influence the course of their disease. Moreover, the experience of a mental disorder may sensitize individuals to the suffering of other living beings, including animals. In addition, elevated levels of health-related anxiety may lead individuals with mental disorders to choose a vegetarian diet as a form of safety or self-protective behavior, because a meat free diet is perceived as more healthy.
>>
>>41912665
>Those are people whos life goals and careers rely on their peak performance.

Saying that and yet have you seen what many athletes eat in their down time? There was a McDonalds at the Olympic village in Brazil and it was free to atheletes. Do you have any idea how many of them just turned up and ate themselves silly after their event was over?

Even the best and those most focused on peak performance need breaks and in fact trying to be so ascetic in life can be just as bad to a persons outlook and goals then not giving in to periods of pleasure and 'letting go'.
>>
Meats guide:

Eat:
Organic, local beef, chicken, pork
Ground beef is linked with higher test levels
The tears of vegans

Don't eat:
Fast food "meat"
Non-organic meat (estrogen hormones, artificial preservatives that cause bloat)
Cured, smoked meat (carcinogenic unfortunately, one of the harshest, and curing with nitrates is the source of 99% of studies vegetarians use about meat and cancer)
>>
>>41913344

Would you just post the studies yourself instead of pasting single lines of text from random internet articles?
>>
>>41915231

>organic status makes everything healthy
>>
File: 1384211036077.jpg (871KB, 1126x1001px) Image search: [Google]
1384211036077.jpg
871KB, 1126x1001px
>>41915243
80% of the meat eaten is garbage so a compromise with vegans is to get that junk food out of the economy

But for living a high-test fit lifestyle meat has cholesterol, amino acids (taurine is only in meat) and other wonderful things and should be 1/3rd of an optimal fitizens diet

People are free to go vegan, but will have to do a lot of supplementation and tweaks to make up for it. It will work in the end if they do it smart.

https://www.anabolicmen.com/best-testosterone-boosting-foods/

https://www.anabolicmen.com/vegan-diet-testosterone/

Also meat is a big part of the cuisine culture of many western societies, so those have to stay. Western culture must all be preserved
>>
>>41915332

>anabolicmen

Brosceince.com

>the yolk contains natural cholesterol, which is the direct precursor steroid for the production of testosterone. Your leydig cells simply can’t make any testosterone without cholesterol

Your body has cholesterol circulating in it whether you eat it or not. Your body's own cholesterol is involved in the production of testosterone. I wonder why people saying this bullshit never mention that estrogen and cortisol are also produced from cholesterol.

>It has been proven countless of times that eating more SFAs and MUFAs increases testosterone, whereas high PUFA intake does the exact opposite

Links to non-experimental study on 13 guys where half the guys showed no correlation between SFA and test, even at double the intake.

Use some critical thinking, don't fall for dumb shit like this
>>
the more links you spam the less i care
>>
>>41913280
>eggs
>not the healthiest food you can eat
Okay, retard confirmed.
>>
>>41915452
?? pls be bait
>>
>>41915470
>fell for the eggs are unhealthy meme
moron

http://blogs.plos.org/dnascience/2015/03/05/man-ate-25-eggs-day/
>>
>>41913280
>Good job at literally eating the only food worse than dairy and fatty animal meat.
>http://suppversity.blogspot.com/search?q=eggs
>>41915407
>Use some critical thinking, don't fall for dumb shit like this
>>41913387
>http://press.endocrine.org/doi/full/10.1210/jcem.85.1.6291
>>
>>41915504

>>http://press.endocrine.org/doi/full/10.1210/jcem.85.1.6291

What are you trying to say with this?

>http://suppversity.blogspot.com/search?q=eggs
>at least half the links are opinion papers authored by people sponsored by the egg industry
>excludes major studies showing clear correlations between dietary cholesterol and blood cholesterol

http://www.ibcmt.com/2009-03-16-EffectsOfDietaryCholesterolOnSerumCholesterol-PaulHopkins.pdf
>>
>>41915496

People who cite this case report never actually read it

>guy with "normal cholesterol" eats 25 eggs per day
>his "normal cholesterol" means a total cholesterol around 200mg/dl, but his bad cholesterol (LDL) was around 130mg/dl, which is high
>had alzheimer's disease and had been treated for angina (chest pains associated with heart disease)

Of course one case report isn't strong evidence for anything, but even this one example doesn't make eggs look okay
>>
>>41915600
If an 88 year old man can eat something that's allegedly unhealthy in such large quantities and not die, then the allegedly unhealthy thing isn't unhealthy at all. Not to mention countless other examples, backed up by scientific research from harvard

https://www.drweil.com/diet-nutrition/nutrition/are-egg-yolks-healthy/
>a study from the Harvard School of Public Health published in the Journal of the American Medical Association found no increased risk of coronary heart disease or stroke among healthy men and women who ate as many as seven eggs per week compared to those who ate fewer than one per week.

An egg is the only food we have that's designed to sustain animal life, and yet you think it's unhealthy.
>>
>>41915535
>What are you trying to say with this?
That SHBG is inversely proportional to protein intake and that you don't read
>at least half the links are opinion papers authored by people sponsored by the egg industry
>excludes major studies showing clear correlations between dietary cholesterol and blood cholesterol
Literally just dealt with this, in my last post and here >>41913387, but everything has to be "sponsored by the egg industry" or whatever other industry to you doesn't it
>>
>>41915640

>If an 88 year old man can eat something that's allegedly unhealthy in such large quantities and not die, then the allegedly unhealthy thing isn't unhealthy at all.

The oldest woman that ever lived was a smoker. Again, one example isn't strong evidence of something. And in this example, given that he was 88 years old, he wasn't in perfect health. He had alzheimer's disease, which is an avoidable disease that is linked to saturated fat and cholesterol, and angina is a telltale sign of heart disease. Congrats on living to 88 with alzheimer's, chest pains, and intermittent depression. How is that supposed to be evidence that eggs are good?

>>a study from the Harvard School of Public Health published in the Journal of the American Medical Association found no increased risk of coronary heart disease or stroke among healthy men and women who ate as many as seven eggs per week compared to those who ate fewer than one per week.

Read this again. Found no increased risk "among healthy men and women" who ate as many as 1 egg per day. Harvard says diabetics can't even risk 1 egg per day without significantly increasing their CHD risk. You can't take data like "1 egg per day not associated with heart disease among people whose diets are already high in cholesterol from other sources... therefore eggs are fine and you can eat all you want." This article didn't even cite the paper, so I had to find it myself

http://jamanetwork.com/journals/jama/fullarticle/189529?rel=1

Yep, double the risk of CHD in diabetics. As for why they didn't find an association for the others

>In controlled metabolic studies, ingestion of cholesterol by eating egg yolks or whole eggs raises serum total and LDL cholesterol levels.
>If we assume that raising cholesterol levels is the only effect of egg consumption, this would translate into about an 8% increase in CHD risk, an effect generally too small to be detectable in this and most epidemiologic studies or clinical trials.
>>
>>41915657

>That SHBG is inversely proportional to protein intake and that you don't read

Okay? What does that have to do with anything?

>Literally just dealt with this

Pick up from the previously archived thread where someone tried to cite authoritynutrition

>>41858264

You were in that thread it looks like, but ignored the post. Now's your chance to respond.
>>
>>41915766
okay you're right im wrong sorry
>>
File: 1498165773354.jpg (82KB, 640x478px) Image search: [Google]
1498165773354.jpg
82KB, 640x478px
>>41912433
this documentary was pure bullshit, very low quality, I could go in depth into the first parts but that would be a waste of my time. Dietary cholesterol is part of the very basic fact that we are omnivores. And there is little what you can do to go around this fact.

Sure you may want to do things for moral reasons, but I suspect that you may be the anon that was here a while ago, or maybe not. Then you should know that there are billions of "morality" reasons, but only one truth. You cannot stop anyone from eating meat just as I cannot stop people from using fidget spinners, nor do I want to down regulate it either, nobody wants to.
>>
>>41915947

>Dietary cholesterol is part of the very basic fact that we are omnivores

What does that mean?
>>
>>41915968
It means that as an organism that just as all the other animals in the animal kingdom, we are tied to a long and arduous process of evolution. And that means that as big as we are on science and self reflection, evolution is still ten times bigger and it would be wiser not to mess with it and by going to do something that is very foreign and alien to it. Its adaptation takes time, its not fast, and we are still very much in that time frame of being omnivores.

the thing is, our tract even became smaller as we have an exploding, unused part in us now. Which probably means that it aligns well with the lore that we started to eat meat more, because we made spears and bows. We became actually less of plant eaters and more meat eaters in the recent evolution.
>>
>>41915991

What the hell are you talking about?
>>
>>41915999
are you completely new to this topic? Kek
>>
Vegan shills get the fuck out.

Reddit was made for people like you.
>>
>>41916035
See >>41914749
>>
>>41915840
>Okay? What does that have to do with anything?
It literally deals with your issue here and proves animal products are great for your testosterone levels
>>41915407
>Links to non-experimental study on 13 guys where half the guys showed no correlation between SFA and test, even at double the intake.
>Use some critical thinking, don't fall for dumb shit like this
You want to go on about test and tell people not to believe dumb shit, when you ignore that basic and well documented fact
>Now's your chance to respond.
I've responded in that thread and this one on those topics plenty already, If you want to ignore plentiful scientific research backing animal products that's not my or anyone else ITT's problem
>>
>>41913347
First one is useless, second one shows that high intake of saturated fat is unhealthy. That does in no way support your assertion.
>>
>>41912433
I'd say you're full of shit, but you apparently subsist on nothing but air and delusion.
>>
>>41912433
Post body and lifts or fuck off back to plebbit you twink faggot
>>
Not every piece of peered review literature is legit. This guy seemed so fixated on the meaty recipies, he failed not see their utility. Sure meat products increase the chances of cancer, but a X% increase on the base level is meaningless without mentioning the base level itself.
The recipes have value as long as they encourage poeple to improve their diet. The major causes for cancer are obesity and diabetes. The priority for these organization is to help people reduce their their weight and manage their illness. Only when the vast majority have become healthy can you talk about micro-optimization.
I understand why some professional refuse to have interview with this guy. He does not seem educated in the literature at all. He did not demonstrate competent level of medical or statistical knowlege to actually comprehend the literature. For example, one paper he quickly skimped through at 16:18, Intake of meat, fish , poultry, and eggs and risk of prostate cancer progression, seems to suggest a different story. I invite you to read the paper, and pay attention to the conclustion and the P-value, and their claims on red meat.
The guy also did not understand that "insufficient study and data means no conclusive advise can be given".
They need start wrapping their falafels with tin foils.
Thread posts: 142
Thread images: 20

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.