[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

QTDDTOT

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 336
Thread images: 45

File: Skeletor.jpg (91KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
Skeletor.jpg
91KB, 800x600px
Other is gonna be archived in a bit.

>tfw you've overthought fat loss so much you forgot everything about it

1. Does your body use fat as fuel after carbs are depleted or what?

2. Is low fat/high protein the best way to bulk for lean muscle gain? Should carbs be high/moderate/low?
>>
why the fuck do people always comment

"You don't need to lose weight" when you mention you're on a diet?

Like jesus I know I'm not obese but does it really hurt that much to say "Good luck!" or "Oh, okay". It's always some bullshit to try and make me feel adequate when I want to look the best I possibly can.
>>
File: 1494312490040.jpg (144KB, 345x1280px) Image search: [Google]
1494312490040.jpg
144KB, 345x1280px
How to deal with being mildly unattractive. I'm not ugly, but just didn't come out right. I'm healthy and fairly fit already.

>>41910146
Crabs in a bucket. You being dedicated to something reminds others that they are failing to be their best self.
>>
Does mewing work?
>>
>>41910146
when i tell people (girls generally) that i'm trying to gain weight they say "but your body's fine"

this is minutes before/after they tell me i'm a cute "boy"

people suck
>>
Will lifting while losing weight waste my noobie gains? is there a time limit on them?
>>
>>41910146
Not everyone. No man should be above 15% bodyfat
Lose weight, then clean bulk till 15-16%, cut and repeat. It takes longer but is the right thing to do. Fatties boasting about their lifts are delusional. Not to mention that you can only gain so much muscle and after a certain point all you get is fat. Diminishing returns of bulking are real, dont be fooled by the obese strength crowd
Godspeed anon
>>
>>41910391
It's alright then. If you're okay looking, confident and have ambitions, you're good. Men peak later in life and it's not because of looks.

I want to do the armstrong pull-up program (I can do around 10 really strict deadhang pull-ups). Can I leave out the daily push-ups when I'm already doing a lot of pressing (OHP and bench 3 times a week)? And lower the pulling volume of my program?
>>
>>41908216

Your body uses:
-Food
-Fat
-Glycogen
-Muscle

1. In that general order. Fat has a maximum rate at which it can be burned, hence why high energy depleting exercises like sprinting and circuit training make one look "flat" directly afterward due to loss of glycogen in the muscles

2. Glycogen assists in the transport of nutrients. Glycogen is made from carbs. More nutrients soaking the muscles = better recovery and growth. Fat recommendation per day is 0.35-0.40g per pound.

>>41910146

They don't understand that abs and a shredded look come from low body fat and think that it naturally happens as you go to the gym. These are the same people that think you can get abs in thirty days despite being 20% body fat.

>>41910391

Work your neck and jaw then get a hairstyle that works for your head shape. Rectangular is generally a masculine look, hence why fades are so popular at the moment as they don't bush out to the sides to make one's head look wide and they are longer on top to add a longer look.

>>41910537

Your face has muscles and working them changes their resting position. Same thing with your shoulders and back and fixing posture.

>>41910637

No. https://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2016/01/160127132741.htm

Generally, one can gain an optimal amount of muscle mass even whilst cutting at a rate of roughly 30-40 kcal per pound of fat with a weekly Maintenance day. Make sure you don't overwork yourself though, as a large reason people lose so much muscle during a cut is by doing too much volume than they can recover from while eating such a low amount of calories. In other words, keep your sets reasonable (beginner routines have less than 12, most of which are not and SHOULD NOT be to failure).
>>
>>41910713
>as a large reason people lose so much muscle during a cut is by doing too much volume than they can recover from while eating such a low amount of calories.
Wow, and my gym coach gave me at least 20 sets on my first and second day where i had to rest for 3 days to recover from the soreness
>>
>>41910713
>>41910677
>>41910545
>>41910391
thanks brahs. We're all gonna make it. I'm about to break getting under 170 lbs which will be my lightest measurement ever. Aiming for 155.
>>
im 6ft, 220 pounds trying to get down to at least 200. i lift 3 times a week and cardio 2-3 times a week.

i heard about weekly averages and im trying to eat at around 2200 calories. I know i'll consume over 3000 on certain days so i eat like 1500 on others. I still eat around 100g of protein a day

long story short, will my current diet kill my noobie gains.
>>
Stalling on most of my lifts for stronglifts 5x5 after about 6 months, is it time to go to texas method or will reducing weight and adding reps be a better alternative for progression?
>>
I lost 115 lbs in a year

I've gained 25 in half a year, so now my total loss is 90.

Am I not going to make it? I've been cheating on my diet lately and know about people regaining their weight. Am I fucked now or have people who lost weight lose a lot, gain a little, then lose a lot again? Im still 60 lbs over where I want to be.
>>
File: 1471331156472.png (210KB, 601x351px) Image search: [Google]
1471331156472.png
210KB, 601x351px
>>41910861
>trying to lose 20 pounds
>Eating 2200 calories
>>
>>41910904
what's wrong with that?
>>
>>41910956
so, you're claiming your TDEE is 2700? Even with that exercise it couldn't be more than 2500 at-most.

Beyond that, you're saying that you consume over 3000 on some days and 1500 on others, while also underrating protein. That is not a good diet.

You know what is a good diet? Consistency.
>>
>>41910965
Fair enough. I'm new to this and bros at gym told me not to eat too low too soon and was told 2200 was ok

how many calories do you recommend then?
>>
>>41910903
Weight loss is a function of your diet, simple as that. If you stick with your routine you'll make it, if you keep cheating you won't (and eventually it won't be cheating, you'll just not be on your diet any more). It's not predetermined, it all comes down to your discipline.
>>
How do I make my forearms stronger? Started a bodyweight routine and they're letting me down on half the exercises.
>>
What are some actually efficient core exercises that I can easily add to my lift days without increasing the time another 30 minutes?
>>
>>41910985
first off: figure out your TDEE. Try TDEEcalculator.net , it's my personal favorite. You can cut between 500-750 calories. Don't rely on the exercise calculators, they're not very accurate. Go by sedentary and adjust as necessary.

You want to be losing weight even on your off days, so make sure to eat the same amount of calories daily as well as eat 0.8g of protein per pound of lean body mass.

And as I said before, you do NOT want to have your diet wildly fluctuating with 3k one day and only 1.5k another. Keep a consistent deficit.
>>
>>41910903
I know, Im just asking if this weakness I have can be beaten, if I can get back into that discipline.
>>
>>41911008
Hanging leg raises and side planks
>>
I started at the gym about a month ago this weekend.

It's become a mild obsession, it helps me get through the work day when I realise I have the gym and a short swim to look forward to afterward.

I've enjoyed moving up some weights, pushing myself and genuinely just improving myself but I'm worried about the novelty wearing off.

How do I stop this? It's become such a positive force that I actively look forward to going and on rest days I have to convince myself it's better not to go because it is important to rest.

I don't want to wake up one day and start going backwards.
>>
Best way to distract myself from the creatine withdrawals? The itches and hallucinations are pretty fucking intense right now. Can't imagine another week of this might just hop back on despite the risks.
>>
>>41911039
Just switch to a milder drug like cocaine, crystal meth or krokodil
>>
>>41911036
Learn to foster hate for yourself and develop an actual body dismorphia syndrome to force yourself to never miss a session. Good way is to keep browsing /fit/ every chance you get and indulge in the shitposting. Otherwise you'll get too complacent resting on your noob gains and you'll enter the mindset of it being okay to miss a day or two and then before you know it it's been a week then month then all your gains are back to null. Also, you should start showering in the gym.
>>
I am new to this and was advised to start getting used to work outs for my triceps and biceps that I use bars on the cable. No idea what the exercise is called, but basically pulling the bar down from a high point for my triceps and pulling the bar up to my chin for biceps.

It was going really well, my muscles were growing on my arms and i was moving up weights.

One day, doing the bicep exercise I got an incredible pain in my elbow to the point where I can't even get in that position without being in extreme pain. I think it's golfer's elbow or whatever they call it.

What else can I do for my biceps?
>>
>>41910750

As natty king, Nigger Lover, says, "There's no such thing as overtraining. Only not eating and resting enough." On a cut, gotta lower the volume for the amount you're eating.

>>41910835

God speed, anon.

>>41910861

Your TDEE on a day where you don't workout is at least 3100, this coming from a 6'2" 210 lb guy. Muscle barely affects BMR, roughly 5 kcal per pound of muscle, so I doubt yours is far from that. Such a high deficit will result in significant muscle loss over time unless you're mixing in frequent refeeds. Look up Lyle McDonald's stuff on dropping weight and maintaining muscle. Also, up your protein to 160g minimum. 100g is super low on a cut - http://bayesianbodybuilding.com/the-myth-of-1glb-optimal-protein-intake-for-bodybuilders/

>>41910865

Train heavy to get better at lifting heavy. Depending on your lifts, it may be time to switch programs. If you're mid-Intermediate, probably consider doing so.

>>41910992

Use a suicide grip on pulling lifts, this means curls, rows, and etc., not Bench - that's a push, and you'd kill yourself using that grip with anything heavy overhead. When your grip fails a rep, switch back to your normal grip.

>>41911036

Don't stop looking at the mirror and develop crippling body dismorphia like the rest of us. Realistically, set goals and keep crushing them.

>>41911039

You don't have to cycle creatine, in fact you shouldn't, and normal dosage is 0.1g/kg. Even still, creatine doesn't tend to do that. Preworkout might though.
>>
>>41911112

Chin/Pull Ups, Rows, Curls, and pretty much any other movement that involves a bent elbow, which is exactly what you shouldn't do due to your tendonitis. Take a week off and ice it. At best, do the same exercise with 10% of the weight and the same amount of reps simply as a stretch and to get blood to flow to the muscle, not to fatigue or push the muscle. If you can't do that without pain, stop and go home. The best way to waste time in the gym is to not let yourself heal.
>>
What's up with these dudes who show up in the gym wearing jeans and a polo?
>>
I always feel sick to my stomach and incredibly lightheaded after a workout.

What am I doing wrong?
>>
>6 AM
>still awake
HELP ME
I CAN SEE THE SUN RISING IN MY WINDOW
>>
>>41911400
Get checked up for asthma. Are you eating properly?
>>
>>41911482
I'm eating a pretty decent diet, no fast food, no junk and shit like that.

Would asthma really do that? I thought that you'd have trouble breathing flat out with asthma not start to feel it after a bit
>>
>>41911518
I have asthma and the symptoms were the same as what you have described. It wasn't diagnosed until I was in my twenties because I didn't connect the symptoms to breathing problems. I always sucked at school sport and never knew why, now I do sport all the time.
>>
>>41911156
Really helpful, thank you
>>
>>41910697
someone help pls
>>
>>41910697
yes, im guessing the program doesn't account for the people who actually lift, hence pushups
>>
>>41911518
you may be having low blood sugar either due to not eating 1-2-3 hours before the workout, or due to a genetic low blood sugar issue

also, drink loads of water, esp now in the summer
>>
>>41912162
I get the idea that you have to balance forces around the shoulder, but it's good to have a second opinion. Thanks!
>>
where can i find a good calisthenics routine? too poor for gym or equipment and plan to buy a pullup bar
>>
Why is the sticky still down?

I feel so lost.
>>
how do you get gud at sex? I always feel like my dicc game slackin
>>
>>41912607
How much she enjoys the dick depends mostly on how much she is turned on already. And learn how to work with your hands and tongue if you want to make her orgasm consistently.
>>
How long can I keep cooked steel cut oats in my fridge?
>>
Going to start doing nukols 2x week bench program into ss. Stalling hard on bench but still progressing everywhere else. Wanna ride as for at least 2 more months? Problem doing ohp only once a week?
>>
>>41908216
what do i do if my bench press will NOT fucking improve. ive tried deloading, ive tried drop setting, ive tried increasing frequency. i cant get over 160 lbs 4x6 on incline bench for the past 2 months and its pissing me the fuck off.
>>
>>41913035
also, yes i am eating enough (2700-2800 calories/day, 120 g protein/day, 160 lbs @ 5'9") and i get plenty of sleep/rest. currently im benching twice a week. 4x6 incline bench on monday and 4x8 incline bench on wednesday + 3x12 chest flyes.
>>
>>41910713
"We designed this program for overweight young men" what do you reckon on the relevance of that study for people who lift? obvs weighlifting + high protein won't hurt..
>>
>>41911039
>>41911134
falling 4 week bate
>>
Does anyone else's penis and testicles smell REALLY REALLY dank after each workout and then even on days you don't? I don't know what's causing it, I even unironically shower in the gym before and after each session and like right after when I wipe my hand on the underside of my gooch I still whiff it nasty dank. What can I do to change this? I don't want to risk losing the chance of someone going down on me.
>>
Should I get drunk today because I've got nothing better to do?
>>
Can I just stay between 10-12% bodyfat while slowly getting big?
Like bulking with +0.5kg/month (-0.25lb/week) as soon as I hit 10% and cutting with -2kg/month (-1lb/week) as soon as I hit 12%?
Stats: 25, 6', 66kg lbm, 1/2/3/3
>>
>>41913491
No you have better stuff to do
>>
Is it normal to stall on 57kg bench or is my form fucked?
My squat is 77 and diddly 100

I touch chest every rep and Im fine at the beginning but the 4 and 5 set is hell
>>
>>41913553
ok, I guessI'll get to my garden today
>>
How do I get over my disgust of the filthy female body? Everything about them once they open their mouths or do ANYTHING at all just turns me off from them. I can understand their aesthetic appeal but anything beyond that like just hearing their voices and ultimately sex is just so gross.
>>
>>41913658
No
Do more research and find out what you're doing wrong
>those stats
>using mang terms
>>
>>41913698
Find out whats wrong with you
Try being honest with yourself
>>
File: cjhbdchbsdhvcjksdvcjh.gif (2MB, 250x187px) Image search: [Google]
cjhbdchbsdhvcjksdvcjh.gif
2MB, 250x187px
OK, I have a question. Is it true that if you lift a weight that's 3x lighter than what you're used to but do it really slow, it's equivalent to using a weight that's the normal size. i.e if I bench 60kgx5reps normally, can I bench 20kgx5reps really slow and get the same results?

I saw this asked in another thread and no-one answered so not sure if it's a meme.
>>
Some sort of insect bit me over my left shoulder blade a few days ago. The bites feel like mosquito bites and they itch a lot, they swelled quite a bit too.

Now I have a small lump (maybe just under 1cm across) on the back of my neck. You can move it around and it doesn't hurt but it's slightly tender. Is this a lymph node swelling from the bite?

I looked it up and apparently it takes weeks to improve but it never goes away fully. What the fuck
>>
I'm trying to start doing pushups and having a really hard time. I can't keep my back from sinking in after a couple and it hurts my back, so I tried doing "girl" pushups which feels a lot better but I doubt it's gonna help me build any strength. Not sure how to remedy this. Also, how many pushups should I do, and how many days a week? Just for basic fitness.
>>
>>41913787
My advice is not to worry, same thing happened on my kneecap a few days ago. Mine went away in about 48hrs though. How long's yours been there.
>>
>>41913787
>>41913847
btw that shit you can feel moving around is probably pus. If it persists more than a couple of days, see your doctor.
>>
>>41913787
It's probably the insects egg
>>
>>41913844
3x/week, 3 sets to failure, 2 min rest

It's still a very poor aproach to fitness
>>
>>41913787
You have lyme disease
>>
>>41913847
I'm not sure if it's been there longer, but I felt it the day before yesterday. It's increased in size slightly since then.

>>41913854
Yeah i'll wait a week before making an appointment.

>>41913864
>>41913868
brilliant
>>
>>41913875
Yeah bro, maybe any longer than 48-72 hrs and you might be in trouble.
>>
>>41913761
No. You need to be in the range of at least 65-70% to stimulate a strength response. You can bench a lightweight as slow and as many reps as you want, but it won't make you stronger.
>>
How do I do a pull up? my lats are too weak. I need some help guys
>>
>>41913931
So then if it's 60kg, I can do around 40-45kg and it's equal?
>>
Having trouble sleeping at night, what do?

I go to bed at a reasonable hour (9:30pm-10pm) but I toss and turn usually for at least an hour sometimes 1.5 hours before finally falling asleep. I get up every morning between 7-7:30 too so i'm up for a decent amount of time.

The summer heat is probably partially responsible but what other things can I do to help fall asleep faster? Preferably no pills/supplements
>>
>>41913946
https://youtu.be/mRznU6pzez0
>>
>>41913961
>Lifting in the evening
>sex/masturbating
>reading
>deal with mental issues
>improve sleep environment
>>
File: 1493828413124.jpg (100KB, 640x816px) Image search: [Google]
1493828413124.jpg
100KB, 640x816px
>>41913963
Thank you buddy! I had forgotten all about scoobydoobydoo. here, have a spicy one on me.
>>
>>41913961
What are you doing before bed? Turn off everything that emits an electrical impulse, phone computer, tv at least an hour before. Don't drink ANY caffeine at least 6hrs before going to bed. I suppose the main thing is stress, are you struggling for a promotion, is your relationship in trouble etc. Biggest factor is stress though.
>>
>>41914005
probably the electronics thing
>>
>>41911400
Are you eating right before your workout? I get nauseous if I workout with food in my stomach.
>>
>>41911419
Take phone and put in other room

If you want to sleep, lady in bed and close eyes just.

Your body will eventually sleep, but if you are not tired you will spend longer in stage 1.

Fast for a day to reset internal clock.

Lay off caffeine and pwo, let body adjust to that reality, and then only use it to smooth bits through and not habitually
>>
File: 96f.jpg (46KB, 385x578px) Image search: [Google]
96f.jpg
46KB, 385x578px
>>41914087
>Fast for a day to reset internal clock.

Give me the bogpill senpai.
>>
>>41913543
yeah, but it'd be easier just to leanbulk. Eat a surplus of 200-300 cal a day instead of the traditional 500.
>>
>>41913049
Routine involves multiple bench exercises?

Try lowering sets and push weight
>>
Anyone have any links to studies about fasting, heard such pseudo and bro science on both sides of the argument
>>
>>41913844
Do planks to improve pushup form

Good on you for fixing it before going to gym and triggering exmil guys
>>
File: 6Uz9PWf.jpg (17KB, 279x346px) Image search: [Google]
6Uz9PWf.jpg
17KB, 279x346px
Is body recomp a real thing?

I'm 6'4 and I cut calories to go from 256lbs down to 195lbs. I've been eating at 2228 calories for the last month and a half while lifting and have noticed sizable noob gains - every time I'm in the gym (3 times a week, full body) I either increase weight or reps or both.

2228 seems to keep me right at 195 with my workouts thrown in. Should I just keep doing what I'm doing until I don't progress any longer? I still have a high bodyfat percentage based on looks alone.
>>
File: 14423132_1280x720.jpg (65KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
14423132_1280x720.jpg
65KB, 1280x720px
>>41913875
>>
>>41914171
Worked for me but I implemented other reforms!

Its one fucking day
>>
>>41914202
2228?

Fucking mentats.

Set goals.

Is what you're doing moving towards goals at pace you like? Then keep same. If not, change a variable
>>
It worked for you? What worked for you with what goal? I asked for links to studies not assumptions and anecdotes.

"It's one fucking day", what is? I never mentioned one day.
>>
Is casein a meme or is it worth it?
>>
>>41914171
I don't have links handy but I'm going to tell it to you the way it is. Fasting works, but people greatly exaggerate how effective it is.

Typically there is a 1-week entry and exit point to a fasting period that's recommended at absolute maximum of 2 weeks (and preferably medically supervised). You can only burn as much as your body would burn on a normal day anyhow, so maximum dailly weight loss will be between 2000-2400 calories depending on your weight. It's also important to know that even if you exercise, you will lose muscle coupled with fat. Typically maximum weight loss will be about 8 pounds after 2 weeks and not all of that will be fat.

Fasting for a day or two every so often is probably fine but I wouldn't recommending doing that 28-day-bullshit that fucking retard youtuber did.

>>41914202
Body recomp is real, just very slow.
>>
>>41914299
If you're dyel and trying to put on weight than absolutely since you'll get a steady release of protein throughout the night, also if you lift seriously and are in the 'off season'. Personally, it's easier and cheaper to eat a pot of cottage cheese before bedtime.
>>
Am I supposed to be drinking protein powder and creatine on my off days too?
>>
File: 20170612_164627.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
20170612_164627.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
>>41914343
I'm a 180lb DYEL that's a month into SS.
I couldn't actually lose more weight because I atrophied so much (I lost 50 pounds prior to liftinf) it was causing me serious back/later muscle problems and fucked my posture up.

But this casein is chalky and tastes like fucking garbage and coagulates inside the milk so I don't know whether it's shit and a meme etc
>>
>>41914390
Fuck the powder mate, seriously, cottage cheese is the way to go. Eat a pot of that a night and you'll be rayt son.
>>
>>41914301

I was /fit/ but got caught up in uni, just want to accelerate cutting so I bulk.

I want to know if the muscle lost from fasting to loose x amount of fat will be more or less than the amount of muscle lost from cutting traditionally to lose x amount of fat
>>
I found casein to be class for putting on lean size but a bro told me it was bad for your brain, can anyone confirm?
>>
>>41914444
>>
>>41911330
They're called pajeets, anon
>>
>>41914415
Thanks. I've been mostly doing milk and protein. With Greek yogurt as my other protein packed food
>>
>>41914440
It's a little faster, but in my opinion it's not worth it. You can lose about 8 pounds in a month versus 6-8, but probably also lose 1-2 pounds of muscle as well.
>>
>>41914368
Protein powder is just a supplement, take it when you need it. Real food is a better protein source so generally only use protein powder to fill in the cracks.

Creatine is supposed to be used daily.
>>
File: 280full.jpg (21KB, 280x372px) Image search: [Google]
280full.jpg
21KB, 280x372px
>>41914455
Casein's no worse than any kind of dairy. ANY. I just prefer to eat it, rather than take it in a shake since I have my protons twice a day, once when I wake up and once after I work out. I hate shakes but if you wanna make it then...you gotta do that shit.
>>
What was that one forum about improving aesthetics and stuff? It was a whole bunch of really insecure men who believe that life is all about improving wealth, aesthetics and something else. There were short guides on how to do things and people's reviews after surgeries.
>>
>>41914646
Sounds like Lookism
>>
>>41914675
That's the one! Thanks friend.
>>
The PPL I wanna switch to eventually has regular barbell rows instead of Pendlays, which I've grown to enjoy. Can I still do Pendlays, or should I just suck it up and follow the routine?
>>
As a beginner, is three times a week really the most optimal, or could I potentially speed up my strength gaining by going every other day?
>>
>>41914811
I'd do three times a week just to get used to the feeling afterward. You may decide you want more after that, but I'd just start with 3x first.
>>
>>41914811
If you're a beginner "beginner", then it doesn't matter. Train your top half one day, your core the next day, then legs the 3rd day. Do that shit for 6months then we'll talk about isolating body parts.
>>
>>41908216
I rarely eat red meat, is it bad for my health? Should I be supplementing something?
Also is eating chicken a lot bad?

I do have a lot of fish and seafood, chicken I also eat often but it's just because I'm cutting and It's hard to reach 130g protons with 1700kcals without any kind of meat, I made a big stew with beans, peas, carrots, mushrooms and stuff but obviously it had almost no protons

I'm not a vegan/vegetarian or whatsoever
>>
File: Akko.png (145KB, 335x402px) Image search: [Google]
Akko.png
145KB, 335x402px
>>41910713
>high energy depleting exercises like sprinting and circuit training make one look "flat" directly afterward due to loss of glycogen in the muscles

So then is HIIT / TABATA a bad idea to do after HIRT?
>>
Best way to microwave my chicken? I'm trying to bulk so all the previous chicken recipes of just mixed veggies and 1 breast don't do it for me.
>>
File: d4xpcm9.jpg (359KB, 1600x1546px) Image search: [Google]
d4xpcm9.jpg
359KB, 1600x1546px
190 cm
89 kg
24% body fat
Shitty stats, need to get stronger (90 kg Squat / 110 kg Deads / 75 kg bench / 50 kg OHP)

I want to get to 15% body fat but also 1/2/3/4 pl8. What should I do? Eat at maintenance? Bulk, then cut?
>>
File: 1298105772616.jpg (175KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
1298105772616.jpg
175KB, 1000x1000px
What would you say THE most important accessories are for a 6'5 lanklet? Think of things that you absolutely need to do on top of the 5 compound lifts + chinups if you want to be remotely aesthetic, from head to toe.

I usually see people talk about lateral delts and traps as something that you likely need to focus on.
>>
>>41914997
They usually have small calves, so you gotta concentrate on those
>>
How do I eat more without throwing up?
>>
>>41915044
Increase the meal size slowly over time. Your stomach will adapt.
>>
How do I not end up the night throwing up at 7am in the bathroom? I kinda forgot half the night but I had vodka, absinthe, some shitty ass bottled sangria(I bet it was what made me throw up) filled with even more vodka
>>
Where does fit place snatch under back or legs? I understand its a full body exercise like deadlift but in a broader sense.
>>
>>41915094
Drink less alcohol
>>
>>41915184
the only point of going out is to drown in alcohol so I can forget my feels for a moment
>>
>>41914471
They're white though.
>>
>>41914738
pls respond
>>
How do I estimate the amount of protein that will be used from "incomplete" sources?
If I ate 115g black turtle beans (abt 24 g protein) and 150g of oats (abt 25g protein). How much of that will be used for muscle building when the amino acids join-up? Is there a limiting factor?
>>
Will 2 vodka shots fuckmmy gains up?
>>
>>41908216
After I do cardio, I seem to get the sound of sand sifting in my spine. Anyone know what this is, and if so, should I worry about it?
>>
>>41915415
No
>>
I'm planning on joining the army.
Had a sedentary lifestyle through my teens so I have zero knowledge of fit.
Currently my "workout" is running for 30 minutes, doing dumbbell exercises for triceps, biceps, forearms, shoulders, sit ups and other core exercises, and a couple reps of max pushups.
My goal is atleast 55 pushups, 65 sit ups in 2mins and 3k run in at least 12:38
What should I change to achieve these goals?
>>
>>41915445
U.S, U.K, what?
>>
How should I start counting calories, what's the best app for it?
>>
>>41915466
MyFitnessPal
>>
5'10 187 lbs
Wanting to drop 20-30 lbs on my next cut. Is this too much to lose in on go? I don't want to lose the muscle I have
>>
>>41915460
Latvia
>>
>>41915550
There's a big difference between 20 and 30
>>
I moved in with a girl(female) roommate several months ago and for some reason I can't admit to her that I go to the gym. I'm really falling for her too and I can't tell her that I love her either or that I've done nothing but constantly masturbate thinking about her. Just look at her. She looks so perfect sitting there in her American apparel underwear. Everything about this situation hurts so much bros.
>>
Can I survive on only dried fruit mixes, nut mixes and salami for 2 weeks?
>>
>>41908216
Only way I've gotten sub-9% is through low carb doing Kiefer's Carb Nite plan.

Tough for first month, easy after that, still added 20 lbs. to my max deadlift even while getting to 8%, will finally look like a badass mofo this year.
>>
>>41911330
>>41915290
It's my work clothes. If I go home to get into my workout clothes, I run the risk of not going because of how tired mentally I am.
>>
>>41912793
bump. Don't want to get sick bros
>>
File: 1493326166926.jpg (69KB, 1024x1024px) Image search: [Google]
1493326166926.jpg
69KB, 1024x1024px
>>41908216
What are some good Upper/Lower programs?
Did trappy chan post some templates?
>>
>>41915590
wtf
>>
>>41915880
C A N D I T O
A
N
D
I
T
O
>>
>>41915590
Is this from a John Green novel?
>>
File: upper.jpg (46KB, 165x214px) Image search: [Google]
upper.jpg
46KB, 165x214px
anyone has the PDF?
>>
File: aw.png (159KB, 976x947px) Image search: [Google]
aw.png
159KB, 976x947px
>>41916062
yeah I have it
>>
>>41915922
I dont want a powerlifting routine. More volume. I dont care about the big 3
>>
>>41916083
check out the power/hypertrophy one
Being based on the big 3 doesn't make it a powerlifting program.
It's a typical PHUL routine
>>
>>41915674
>>41915913
>>41915943
I'm actually feeling romantic love for someone for the first time ever and I love and hate it at the same time. We were introduced to each other through mutual friends as individuals seeking roommates. Thought nothing of it as yeah just a girl, who cares, etc. She's not conventionally attractive, maybe a 6.5/10, but man when she gets real close to me and I can inhale deeply from her skin and I think she knows my penis gets so hard and she wears such TIGHT and REVEALING clothing everywhere around our tiny apartment and when we share food it's that stupid fucking anime indirect kissing shit gets into my head HNGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
>>
>>41916071
can you upload the pdf, please? I'm interested in the upper body focused training since I wanna do Upper/Lower routine but my legs are more than enough so I want them to stagnate
>>
Is there any real difference between buying a dip belt and putting weight plates in a backpack for doing dips and pull ups with? I've been using a backpack and it seems fine but idk
>>
>>41916217
Its just 3 times per week. 2 times upper body and 1 time lower. They are the same exercises from his free upper/lower.
Its Upper A and Upper B
Lower A with just squats before rdl.
>>
5'7'' manlet, absolute beginner, been lifting for 3 months, went from 163 to 148 pounds on a cut (about 400 cal bellow TDEE). Didn't estimate BF% before, but now I think I'm about 20% and already notice a significant reduction in waist. Also noticed muscle gains (noobie gainz). Should I keep a cutting diet (high protein, mid-low carbs, low fat)? what's the BF% I should look for before bulking? Can I start using creatine+B-alenine?
>>
>>41908216
Good stretches/excercises for knees?
>>
Is ZMA legit?
>>
>>41916272
You're actually approaching the diet with the wrong mindset if you're a beginner manlet who started with a cut. At this point you should be bulking to increase strength so you can lift heavier. Your muscle mass will be hidden under BF but that's fine since you can then alter your diet later AFTER your body is able to lift heavy. At this rate you're going to progress much slower than anyone else who follows the advised structured plans of SS or SL. Yes to creatine and b-alenine too. Even on off days.
>>
File: 1373700891514.gif (1MB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
1373700891514.gif
1MB, 300x300px
What do I do if I'm still sore and having mobility issues (can't lift hands above head, etc.) on my next work out day? (I mean, like, if I work out Monday and come time to work out Wednesday my muscles still feel shot.)

Is that a good thing? Should I be trying to just workout through the pain?
>>
Is it possible to gain weight while eating below your tdee of you eat a shot load of protein? Like 200-250g?
>>
>>41916160
underage b&
>>
>>41916364
>if I take away from something can that thing then have more
Dude
>>
>>41916257
thanks mate
>>
>>41916257
forgot to ask, is it a good routine? I did SS w/acessories and eventually took squats off day A since I was getting t-rex mode, I made really nice progress in strength but I dirty bulked and you know, looked like those "ss is a meme" meme pictures(never EVER dirty bulk senpai, will never go above 300 surplus desu), I eventually cut and now I look pretty fuicking awesome but since I need to be well dressed for my job I cant go TM or some shit which would make my legs explode and I also have no plan in competing only looking good and gradually improve strength
>>
on lat pulldowns, should I be doing them with palms facing me(like a chin up) if I'm already doing pull-ups with palm facing the wall?
>>
>>41908216
does anybody else help deadlift form and mind/muscle connection by imagining "scooping" the bar off the floor? Ive been having some form issues lately but now that i think about it like i'm "getting my hips/glutes UNDER the bar" and it feels like a scooping motion, it's helped a lot

am i just stupid and doing it now the way it SHOULD be done, or does anyone else think about it like this?
>>
>>41916888
if you do them with palms facing you i feel like it would bring your grip in a lot and also put more of the tension on your biceps as opposed to your lats
>>
>>41916364
no, not at all. when it comes to straight weight gain, calories in/calories out is king.

however you can rearrange macros and shit to "recomp" and gain muscle and lose fat while eating at maintenance, just neither as quickly as focusing them separately
>>
Does anyone have info on how best to rehab a herniated lumbar disc?
>>
>>41917158
yeah, a licensed medical professional
>>
Doing PPL and I want some more volume for legs. Right now I got:

Squat 3x5, last set AMRAP
Front Squat 3x5-8
Romanians 3x8-12
Calf Raises 3x12-15
Ab exercise (oblique crunches, muslims, etc.)

I feel like I could do 1-2 more leg accessories to get volume up. I'm doing maybe 15 sets total on my leg days and 22-25 on push and pull days. What's the best thing I can add or extend from my existing program?
>>
>>41917290
why do you want more volume? that already seems like a lot of work you're doing and i doubt adding anything more would be sustainable when you get into heavy weights
>>
>>41916840
Just do aworkout Routine upper lower or any upper lower variation. Cant do anything wrong with it.
>>
>>41915237
Then don't go out
>>
>>41915378
Your body will use as much as it possibly can and turn the rest into fat.
>>
>>41916404
Fuck you she just invited me to the beach tomorrow
>>
Are there any obvious gaps in this AXBX routine?

A:
>Squat
>Pullups
>Bench
>Dips
>Tricep extensions every other session

B:
>Deadlift
>OHP
>Rows
>Chinups
>Curls every other session
>>
>>41917190
wow say that to my face not online
>>
>>41917412
yeah i'll say it as im taking you to the hospital to get real help instead of asking a filipino fingerpainting forum
>>
>>41915880
>taking routine advice from a fake tranny Brazilian manlet with a sub 3pl8 DL
>>
>>41917301
I don't feel my legs working enough. Although it might be the lack of something to just burn out all my energy like face pulls/lat raises on the other two days.
>>
are P90x or Insanity decent? or are they just memes?
>>
>>41917578
it's just high intensity cardio bodyweight stuff you can do in home. if you're just looking to lose weight there's really nothing wrong with either of them but don't expect to gain a lot of muscle
>>
>>41917540
how heavy are your lifts? i felt the same until i started hitting weight that was actually giving me progress instead of just low percentage type stuff
>>
File: 1458142614389.jpg (155KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
1458142614389.jpg
155KB, 640x640px
What is the real form for benching?
Elbows tucked or 90deg out? Vertical motion or arched? Chest up or flat on the bench?
Can someone redpill me help
>>
>>41917633
Am about 1/2/2.5/3 rn. I think upper body wise I'm happy about my appearance relative to my lifts. My numbers on the big 4 are going up and everything else is slowly following. I guess my big 2 goals for legs are bigger quads (started doing front squats first on one of my leg days since I'm bad at those) and getting my knees to stay out and not cave while squatting.
>>
File: Capture.png (347KB, 278x582px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
347KB, 278x582px
https://i.4cdn.org/wsg/1496863642524.webm
is this bodytype ottermode? I mean its obvious he's atleast an amateurish dancer so he probably does a lot of cardio so what routine to get a body like this?
>>
File: IMG_20170618_163501809.jpg (42KB, 958x539px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170618_163501809.jpg
42KB, 958x539px
I saw this on the squat rack the other day, wtf is it? Am I supposed to rest the pad on my shoulders and squat with it?
>>
>>41917784
hmm, i would recommend maybe trying to go heavier on your weights and do less overall sets.

That's just what works for me and makes me feel like im doing actual work instead of just wasting my time or doing a bunch of lower weight high rep type of stuff

how many are you usually getting on your AMRAP sets?
>>
File: katze.jpg (60KB, 1014x1024px) Image search: [Google]
katze.jpg
60KB, 1014x1024px
>>41908216
I think I have tendinitis between my bicep and forearm, I can't properly open my arm to full lenght.

I already took anti-inflammatory pills and applied ice. In how long will my arm go back to normal?
>>
>>41917828
Maybe it's made for tallfags on deadlifts?
>>
File: IMG_0701.jpg (85KB, 750x516px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0701.jpg
85KB, 750x516px
>>41917726
Second for this question.

Also pic related.
>>
With proper diet and exercise and without gear how much muscle can you gain in 3 months? I've just finished uni and will be back in october. I want uni qt3,14s I talk to regularly to be able to see the difference.
>>
>>41917926
>06/25/17(Sun)00:59:04 No.41917926

Oh, and I've been hitting the gym for the past year so I'm not exactly a newbie.
>>
How do you split up your meals calorie-wise in accordance to your lifting schedule?
>>
>>41917869
Do you think it's a recovery thing? I usually go all out on whatever my main set is with maybe a tiny bit of energybsaved up for pullups and dips. For squats usually I'll have something like: 4-4-3 the first session, 5-4-4 the next one, and 5-5-6 the third one at which point I go up 10 lbs and get 4 reps on my first set again on the next session. I would say maybe a little bit if willpower is to blame because squats are my least favorite lift, but all in all I honestly don't believe I can do significantly more reps on my current schedule, even if I went home right after my squat set. That's actually why I started front squatting first on Saturdays, because I feel they're lagging and I want some energy to go heavier on them.
>>
File: 1398040385763.png (219KB, 853x480px) Image search: [Google]
1398040385763.png
219KB, 853x480px
What's a classy meal I could cook for a night in with a girl I fancy that'd both be pleasing to a woman yet high in protein and generally not going to hurt my gains too badly?
>>
I can't add weight evey session. Doing GSLP second month. I can, however, do more reps every time. My bench in three sessions might go like 60kgx5,4,4 reps then 5,5,4 reps and finally 3x5 reps after which I add 2.5kg more next time. Is this good progress? I am eating enough to gain weight and sleeping 10+h a night so those shouldnt be the issue
>>
>>41918067
If you have time, look up fried pizza by antonio carluccio and sub in whole grain flour and maybe add some meatier sauce/sausages on top.

Other than that, grilling burgers is great because you both get your hands dirty. If you're avoiding fat, use 93% ground beef and add in 4 tbsp (yes, tablespoons) of mustard per pound of meat alongside the usual salt/worcestershire/vinegar/etc. to hold the meat together.

If you're cooking something that isn't pizza or burgers lemme know and I'll suggest you something else
>>
Any negative side effects to using creatine?
>>
>>41918177
Forgot to add, "if you have time" for the pizza because the prep time is a little over 2 hours. The first hour you wait for the dough to rise so you can chill with her
>>
>>41917877
Guys pls help this shit fucking hurts
>>
>>41918327
See a doctor for serious injuries, dipshit
>>
File: images.jpg (16KB, 401x367px) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
16KB, 401x367px
How much of this machine is transferable to a regular squat?

I can do 200lbs for 4x10 ATG in this machine.
>>
>>41918177
>>41918188
Thanks for the ideas!

I'm a pescetarian, so the burgers are out... but pizza's still an option, since the sauce doesn't necessarily need meat nor do the toppings necessarily have to be red meat, no? Maybe I'll try that, then.
>>
>>41918578
Maybe half. You're not balancing the bar which doesn't utilize your core or stabilizers. Also a lot of the weight is being supported by the machine.
>>
What's more important? Hitting my protein goal for today(130g) or staying in my deficit? If I hit the goal I'll be like 300 cal over
>>
>>41918584
Nah. I cooked em for/with a vegetarian, used normal tomato sauce and cheddar cause out of mozzarella.

Make sure to use as much oil as the video does, your bread will puff out and absorb it all.
>>
>>41917726
90 degree, vertical motion. Flat on bench. Tucking is to make it more difficult, anything else is faggot cheat shit like bending knees or leaning back on OHP.
>>
>>41910835
same brahh. I'm currently in 173.6 lb. only 3 more lb to go and finally gonna hit 170.

keep going broo.
>>
>>41917726
>>41917889

they shouldnt me 90% out. probably like 75 degrees. You want to lower the bar onto your lower chest, around nipple area. Have a small arch in your back, retract your shoulders. Bar path is not straight up and down, look it up on youtube. The heavier you go, the more of a powerlifting arch you want to employ, in order to safeguard your shoulders.

When lowering the weight, slow and controlled. when pushing up, go hard.

Remember, you want to keep tight, flex the glutes, keep your butt on the bench, legs on the floor planted properly. Push your back into the bench.

Also, dumbell bench will help your barbell bench. I grip the bar pretty close but just find what is comfortable for you and stick with it. Have an experienced gym buddy look at your form to make sure its good.
>>
Hit a wall with SS, i'm 6'1 221 pounds (down from about 340) and I can't make any progress on any of my lifts anymore.

I eat at a pretty big deficit for fat loss so I know thats why i'm not progressing but I'm wondering if its worthwhile to keep lifting right now.

I was wondering if I'd be better served by just doing calisthenics and focusing more on my cardio for a while until I reach my goal weight then I can do a proper bulk. Is this adviseable? It feels like im wasting time in the gym now.

pic unrelated, i just like typing fast.
>>
>>41919638
do a bodybuilding split. Keep cutting until you hit 12% bodyfat.

Do not bulk before you hit 12% bf. Minimum 15%. Keep cutting fatty.
>>
Is OHP twice a week (one done for volume, one done for intensity) enough to see some good tricep gains, or should more be done to target them?
>>
File: 4004_5.jpg (14KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
4004_5.jpg
14KB, 500x500px
Can anyone tell me what I should be looking for in a heavy boxing bag? I've got a few hundred bucks I can blow on this but don't want to overspend on something super fancy. Really just for cardio for days I can't get out and play football.

I don't need one of those stand ones as I've got the space to hang it from a bar on my roof.
>>
Would caffeine pills have the same effect as black coffee before a workout, minus the pooping?
>>
>>41910992
Rock climbing
>>
>>41920175
idk man, coffee gets me going but caffeine pills literally did nothing for me even though i was taking like 4x whats in a cup of coffee
>>
>>41920175
There are other stimulatory compounds in coffee apart from caffeine. It's not exactly the same.
>>
Accidentally left some freshly cooked chicken breasts out for four hours. They were in a tupperware container and I just put it back in the fridge. Still safe to eat or pitch that shit?
>>
Are there any universally bad whey powder flavours? Wanna start liftan again and but don't know which whey to go. I remember strawberry tasting way too sweet with most brands.
>>
File: (((progress))).jpg (2MB, 1820x2335px) Image search: [Google]
(((progress))).jpg
2MB, 1820x2335px
>never fucking hungry
>TDEE +500 = 3300 per day
>hit 2k max per day cause no fucking appetite
>as such have absolutely shit results after a year of lifting

wut do lads? pic related
>>
>>41920760
You look like me and I haven't even started yet

Have a pint of whole milk after every meal
>>
File: 1498304307469.jpg (111KB, 699x612px) Image search: [Google]
1498304307469.jpg
111KB, 699x612px
>>41908216
Am I being memed here?
>>
>>41921073
Yes. It's just fatties that love to lift but can't put down the chicken wings
A cutting bodybuilder will still be 3-5 times stronger than the average male
Literally fat acceptance of the bodybuilding world
>>
I've been doing pplpplx for a year now but recently I find that I don't usually have enough time to go to the gym 6 times a week. Should I do an upper/lower split or a full body routine instead? I feel like these routines don't have enough volume though especially compared to what I've been doing.
I usually do 10 exercises of 4x8-10 for push/pull excluding the main compounds.
>>
>>41921073
strongmen are legitimately stronger but they look much much worse from a purely aesthetic view.

It's also possible to be huge and bearmode without being fat.
>>
what the fuck does gyno seriously look like

every image on google looks like extreme cases of it
>>
>>41921073
Somewhat. The Stronglifter in the example just has more bodyfat% and different genetics. And the bodybuilder is flexing his core, while the stronglifter is just standing there. You can find bodybuilders who look like the bearmode example.

But there are actual differences between the workouts of the two. Bodybuilders train more for volume than strength, which should theoretically lead to bigger muscles relative to strength. But that doesn't mean the bodybuilder is weak, he just has more endurance while the stronglifter has concentrated all his effort on short term burst strength. Maybe the bodybuilder has even plateaued his strength and has no other choice but to train for volume to increase his muscle size.

Then there are "vitamins" of course. I am sure there are a lot of lifters who take performance enhancing medication. They might not bother with stuff that only makes them prettier like the bodybuilder might, but they aren't all clean either.
>>
File: progress.png (1MB, 1321x980px) Image search: [Google]
progress.png
1MB, 1321x980px
I've lost nearly 50 pounds now since my fattest and despite this my stomach still looks shitty even though theoretically I should be approaching 17-18% by now.

I've heard from (questionable) sources that belly fat is legitimately harder to lose due to lipolsys or whatever, and that yohimbine helps accelerate fat loss in these areas due to fat cell oxyidation or whatever.

I tend to not believe this stuff, but I know I've seen Yohimbine talked about frequently on here even though I never really paid attention to the details. Would Yohimbine help me out with my belly situation or do I just need to keep doing what I'm doing and be patient?
>>
>>41916361
Check your form, ALWAYS focus on proper form, if your sure your a-ok, heres some other considerations:

Take an extra rest day, sounds like your working in too many synergists and breaking fibers before they're back. That or change your workout to isolate more.

If you know your not, try adding creatine into post-work out, no side effects for a relatively natural muscle restoration suppliment.

If your already doing that, the problem might be deeper. Consider your diet and nutrition, if you track macros, remember to double check supplements. Everyone's body is different and you might need to change things up.

If none of these apply, see a doctor. Extended muscle soreness can be a symptom of worse things.
>>
>>41921353
Yeah that shit is stubborn af.

Just keep doing what your doing, don't go too deep into the drug hole. Natty is best, even if you cut to risky bf%'s, it'll all even out after a bulk.
>>
>>41921381
damn, that's what I figured.

Regardless, I'm finally making good progress after dragging my feet the last two years due to life bullshit. I just fucking hate my gut, I want to cut it off. But, that's what a life of eating carelessly does, I suppose.
>>
>>41921283
If your worried you have it, check with a doctor. They're the only ones who can tell you with with 100% certainty.
>>
If want to lose fat, besides diet do I have to lift ? what routine do you recomend ?
>>
More Sets? More reps? Or more weight? Or combination and if so which? I just started reading and watching videos before I'll go to the gym. I want to know which of the following mentioned I need to do to grow in size and strength
>>
What's the best way to "wake up" before going into the gym?

I'm definitely not a morning person and it takes me like 2 hours before I can even feel alert enough to workout. How do I speed this process up? Cold showers?

Coffee doesnt help at all..
>>
>>41921401

Keep at it man. Keep doing what you are doing.
>>
>>41921505
thanks brah. We're all gonna make it.
>>
>>41908216
run five miles
did upper body and core exercises

is it alright to go to bed without eating anything? Last ate at 7PM its 3AM now
>>
1: Can I swim laps in a basic backyard pool? I figured I'd swim circles one way then the other.

2: I stopped lifting a while back and am just now wanting to get back into it. Deadlift was my best lift but since I stopped I've had back problems when I twist. Specifically seems to happen when I turn to look over my right shoulder. Can I get back to deads or will that complicate the problem?

Also I love you all of you faggots. Been on /fit/ since 09 but fell off the last year and a half. I'm going to get in shape again and so will all of you. We're all gonna fucking make it bros
>>
I can't fucking sleep if it's more than 65 degrees in my room, and even then I have to keep the covers off to prevent myself from sweating everywhere
is there something wrong with me
how the fuck do I fix this
it wasn't this bad last summer, and I was significantly fatter back (down to 200 from 230, at 6'3" that's not even overweight technically) so I doubt it has to do with being fat
>>
>>41914971

Bump.
>>
>>41921877
keep the overhead fan on high. Witness getting cold.
>>
When I do squats and approach parallel I feel a sharp burst of pain in an area I highlighted on this picture. Pain disappears when I go up, though I can sometimes feel it after a workout when I go about my day. Is this normal or is my form fucked? What can I do to make it disappear?
>>
>>41921496
Jump rope for a few minutes
>>
>>41908216
What are some good books about bodybuilding nutrition?
>>
About to start bulking and my goal is to gain 5kg.
I'm 1.78m, 65kg.

Realistically, how long could/should this take?

Could I reach it by dec-jan if I begin in july?
>>
>>41922233
hip mobility, stretch
also ankle mobility (so you need less hip mobility when squatting)
>>
>>41922282
Yeah bro you can do it.
I also am 178 and went from 73 to 78 in 4-5 months.
Considering you are 68kg probably means your muscle mass is quite low so as long as you shock your body with tons of volume you will grow.
>>
>>41921877
I know your pain, this foam bed I got more than a regular mattress.

Drink a glass of ice water before bedding down. If it gets really hot put a flexible icepack in your pillowcase so your neck is resting on it.
>>
>>41922339
Great! thanks.
Do you remember how often you ended up increasing your calorie intake?
>>
Do woman have boipussies?
>>
File: dHLNO83JT8Qx[1].jpg (44KB, 1000x500px) Image search: [Google]
dHLNO83JT8Qx[1].jpg
44KB, 1000x500px
>>41922379
no
>>
File: IMG_20170328_190318.jpg (922KB, 864x1942px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170328_190318.jpg
922KB, 864x1942px
I know this probably gets asked a lot but Im desperate to start: I am the definition of skinnyfat at 65,9kg. Do I first cut down, then start bulking slowly, or do I first build and then cut down at some point? I have read the sticky, I have decided on the /fit/ greyskull as my starting routine. Pic related is me this morning.
>>
>>41921496
go to the gym and walk on a treadmill for 15 min
>>
Is there anything that actually works for cellulite, when the person is at a normal bodyweight / bodyfat percentage?
>>
>>41918186
read this: https://examine.com/supplements/creatine/

>>41910992
double overhand deadlift, farmer walk

>>41914738
>>41915369
Stick do pendlay if you like them better.

>>41920013
Id do more than just OHP

>>41921424
What routine are you doing now? How big is the deficit?

>>41921489
Id do it this way: Set a certain rep range for one exercise like 6-8.
Start with 3 x 6 at 50. Work up to 3 x 8 at 50. Move up to 3 x 6 at 52.5 (or whatever) and work up to 3 x 8 at 52.5 and so on.
>>
Is ab wheel rollout push or pull movement? Can you recommend some ab pulling exercises?
>>
Looking for a 3 or 4 day a week brosplit to move on to after doing SS for 6 months and stalling pretty hard, any recommendations?
Looks like the link on the sticky is broken sadly
>>
File: 1498332828203.jpg (90KB, 896x960px) Image search: [Google]
1498332828203.jpg
90KB, 896x960px
>>41917926
>>41917938
it is about 20-30 first year
then half and half again at best

So if you did well 3-5 pounds
>>
I really, really fucking hate nuts. the flavour, the texture, everything about them sucks, does anyone know any way to make me not want to kill myself after every bite?
>>
>>41923250
Dont eat nuts if you dont like them
>>
>>41923346
But they're so good for you!
>>
how do I go on keto pls boys. Will it get me cut in time for summer? (2 months)
>>
>>41922366
I was probably on 2800 kcals
>>
How do I grip the lat pulldown bar so my fingers tendons don't hurt and become stiffer?
>>
>>41923716
how small are your hands?
>>
>>41923780
18 cm from wrist to top of middle finger
>>
I´run low on time during the exam phase of my semester.
Usually getting my shit done is consuming the whole day, pushing my workout time between 10 pm and midnight, right before sleeping.
How bad is ist and what should I take into account for effective midnight training?
>>
>>41923716
>>41923800
Post hands
>>
what could i be doing wrong if i'm stalling at 75kg on squat while on sl?
>>
File: IMG_20170625_161006.jpg (2MB, 3456x4608px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170625_161006.jpg
2MB, 3456x4608px
>>41923889
>>
So I do t bar rows, on heavier rows can I just row it up, then put it back down to stationary to rest, then row it up again like on pendlays? Or is it better to do it normally, row it, bring it back down but not stationary, and row it back up again.
>>
Somedays I see myself and think I've made loads of good progress and am getting bigger and other days I feel like I look the same as when I started.

Is this normal?
>>
What is the difference between sugar and other carbs for your body?
>>
Just measured my dick for the first time ever and found out that I'm 4.95".
Average, right?
Still gonna make it, right?
>>
>>41922478
Anyone?
>>
do people do trap bar deadlifts because it's less likely to snap your shit up, or does it work different muscles

tried it for the first time today, shame the gym replaced all the 20s with fatass plates, you can' even fit 3pl8 on the new trap bar
>>
>>41924240
glycemic index?
>>
>>41924019
take weekly progress pics (no pump)
you WILL see a difference there
>>
>>41920500
Should be fine, I always leave them out first to cool before putting in the fridge. It'd be worse to put them in straight away as you will warm the fridge and could spoil more temperature sensitive foods.
>>
Guys, seriously, is this fucking true? I thought /NoFap/ was a meme bros
>>
File: Nox_2017-06-25_11-18-37.png (18KB, 1264x485px) Image search: [Google]
Nox_2017-06-25_11-18-37.png
18KB, 1264x485px
Is this good enough for Keto or do i need to lower the carbs?
>>
>>41924456
Forgot vid https://youtu.be/H5V5UiDdVsc
>>
File: IMG_20170625_162723~01.jpg (445KB, 1237x2433px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170625_162723~01.jpg
445KB, 1237x2433px
Does this look like anterior pelvis tilt to you? And if yes, how long does it take to fix it?
>>
>>41924551
Dont raise your arms and retake the picture.
>>
>>41915058
Thanks dude
>>
does it take longer for tall ppl to undergo the transformation? I am 6'6.
>>
>>41924254

You are not skinnyfat, bulk on.
>>
>>41924767
Depends where you're starting from. Just remember that a fit 6'6 dude is 10x hotter than a fit 5'6 dude
>>
>>41924794
I started from /auschwitzskelleton/, after 5 months of workout and bulking I am at the "/skinnyfat/" stage and can see much of the improvement.
>>
>>41922478
I really wouldn't guess 65kg? You a manlet?
>>
>>41924816
Keep going then bruh. It's harder for us tall dudes but once you make you'll notice all the women mirin.
>>
File: IMG_20170625_165602~01~01.jpg (622KB, 1658x2287px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170625_165602~01~01.jpg
622KB, 1658x2287px
>>41924690
>>
>>41924852
Dude dont raise your arms. Stand with good posture.
>>
I tried going beltless for a couple of weeks now during my cut and even did 1 rep maxes without a belt. I was pretty surprised when my squat and deadlift both only went down by 7% and 7.5% or 10kg and 12.5kg respectively and my OHP was completely unaffected. Is it normal that a belt makes so little of a difference or am I likely using it wrong? When I fist started putting it on it did amazing things to my squat and deadlift and kickstarted my linear progress on SS again.
>>
>>41923716
>>41923780
>>41923800
>>41923889
>>41923984
plis help
>>
Can you guys be honest and tell me how many of you actually samefag and reply to your own posts?
>>
>>41924551
>>41924852
Despite the other dude insisting you put your arms down (which would be helpful), it doesn't look to me like you suffer from anterior pelvic tilt. Having a degree of curvature in your spine is completely normal and desired. Of course only a real doctor would be able to make a professional assessment, because there is more to anterior pelvic tilt than just the visual aspect. If you've read about the effects it can have on your body movements and you are experiencing most of them, than you might have it, or it's due to another reason.

Just lift and you'll be noticing any possible imbalance in your musculature very quickly.
>>
>>41923984
That's one monstrous thumb. Anyway, how are you gripping it right now? Where exactly does it hurt and feel stiff?
>>
>>41908216
I made a weeks worth of steel cut oats, I'm looking to protein it up a bit with eggs, since I'm only eating oatmeal for breakfast and I don't want to keep paying for scoops. I prepped the oatmeal, it's sitting 'till morning, when I take it out in the morning to eat, can I just crack an egg in it and pop into the microwave for a minute or two? any one familiar with this situation?
>>
>>41923815
From what I've experienced, just the time of the day you're training doesn't make a real difference on gains. What does make a difference is stress, psychological or physical and lack of sleep.

What you should pay attention to, is consuming a meal with some carbs and some protein before going to sleep. The "anabolic window" is huge and spans over multiple hours, but going not eating for a whole night after working out, is not a good idea. Also, you should avoid caffeine and preworkout, because it will affect your sleep negatively.
>>
>>41923896
Either not switching to 3x5, not eating or sleeping enough or a combination of those.
>>
>>41925057
Google it, I'm sure it can be done, I knew someone who poached an egg in a microwave once
>>
>>41925089
already did, found alot of stuff about prepping it all together. Found only one guy that said to nuke it in the microwave, but I'm finding it hard to believe that an egg is ready after a minute or two in the microwave. Everyone else suggests to do it in the prep phase, but that means the cooked eggs will sit there for a week, I'm skeptical if their integrity will hold that long.
>>
>>41925135
I've tried it by mixing it and then mixing it with tuna, 2 mins in microwave and it's cooked but I heard it's bad if you don't break the yolk cause apparently it can explode but I have no idea if that's true
>>
File: 1498402738314.jpg (769KB, 1658x2287px) Image search: [Google]
1498402738314.jpg
769KB, 1658x2287px
>>41925012
I'm really sorry, but I don't get how I'm supposed to take the picture with my arms hanging down, I have to hold the camera myself. And I know that there's a natural curvature, but that just looks fucked up to me. I just started doing home workouts and added stretches recently, because I'm extremely (!) stiff. But now I've read that stretching hamstrings with APT just makes everything worse and now I'm all paranoid to do anything.
But thanks.
>>
>>41925164
Fucking hell youre skinny, I suggest food before even caring about your posture, your problem is you think to much instead of doing, now go get some food in your belly
>>
>>41925195
I'm 57 kg, but I used to be 54, so I'm at least making some progress. Started out like a month and a half ago. But I have to admit, I really am a bit paranoid and always worry and torment myself, because I'm pretty sure my spine is fucked up. I have APT or scoliosis or something.
>>
File: IMG_20170625_183846.jpg (2MB, 4608x3456px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170625_183846.jpg
2MB, 4608x3456px
>>41925032
I think it's just perspective ,I grip the bar where my palm ends and my finger begin.
>>
>>41925164
To be honest this looks like you could fix it by just training your core. Do planks.
>>
>>41925238
You better not be taller than 5'7 cause that's underweight by bmi standards

Stop thinking about bs that's completely irrelevant right now, if your spine was fucked up you would know because it would fucking hurt, spend more time exercising than looking in the mirror and you might actually see some improvement over having a 14 year olds body
>>
>>41925254
Crunches are part of my routine, but I'll try to add more and more things over time. Already plan to include planks and hip thrusts.
>>41925263
I am 5'7 ;_; I did have lower back pain, but very irregularly and since I started working out it's gone completely. And I already see improvements, even if they are extremely pathetic for other people. Started out with being able to do 5 pushups, now I can do 25, wasn't able to do a single pull up, now I can do 5. But it'll take time until I'm out of Auschwitz mode and for now I'll just keep at it and try not to worry too much.
>>
>>41925332
Crunches are shit, how many can you do consecutively? A hundred? Don't waste your time with that shit.
>>
>>41925332
How old are you? Can't you just go to the gym? You would see an improvement much faster if you lifted weights properly, I'd suggest getting in the gym and doing SS/SL and make sure to read them first, not just the routine but the whole thing
>>
File: muscular-legs.jpg (27KB, 650x360px) Image search: [Google]
muscular-legs.jpg
27KB, 650x360px
How many leg days does a person have in a week?

I currently have two and people have been telling me they're swole as fuck. Should I tone it down to just having one?
>>
>>41925243
That's completely normal, I don't see how that should affect your ligaments in your fingers. It might have to do with something else entirely. Does it happen on all pulling exercises? How long do your fingers hurt and stay stiff? Are you wrist curling or trying to wrist curl during the exercise?
>>
>>41925411
It happens on every exercise where I have to hold weight against my fingers ,like dumbell shrugs ,pullups and lat pulldowns I'm not sure it;s my ligaments I just guesses it's that because theres's a burning feeling and stiffnes in my fingers
>>
>>41925357
About 35 on the first round. Always thought crunches were a reliable exercise, but I guess I have to read up on them. In any way I will include planks and hip thrusts.
>>41925376
I'm in my early twenties and going to the gym is not possible, at least at the moment. I would not be able to afford it, because financially I'm at a new low because some things happened. I have no income and live off 4-5 bucks a day, but my mom makes food. And even if I would be able to afford it, I still wouldn't go. I would just embarass myself in some way or the other. It's better if I'm alone. And I still am an extreme beginner, I think I should focus on get more than 25 pushups done at first, get some minimum level of strength going before I think about joining a gym.
>>
>>41925463
Well, if it's actually in your fingers the only option are your ligaments or bones. There are no muscles there. I don't think a slight feeling of stiffness in your fingers is abnormal, I've experienced that too after deadlifts but if there's actually a burning sensation or pain, it might be worth checking with a doctor.
>>
>>41920109
order from walmart, they have really good deals
go with about 100lbs
should only cost 50 buckos
>>
File: 1496645281361.jpg (127KB, 500x351px) Image search: [Google]
1496645281361.jpg
127KB, 500x351px
What does /fit/ think of All Pro's beginner routine?
>>
>>41925762
>weekly undulating periodization mixed with block periodization
>only increase weight every 5 weeks
>only increase the weight by 10%
>if you start out benching only 90lbs you'll only lift 100lbs after a more than a month
It's absolute shit. In the first place, this program requires you to know your maxes and calculate off of them. It's obviously for intermediates. If you're so afraid of t-rex just Grey Skull LP.
>>
I'm trying to cut right now and I had an idea. Could I just go vegetarian for a while and cut like that? Obviously I'll still consume nuts and such for protein but is it a viable strategy or am I being retarded again?
>>
File: pgslp.png (47KB, 547x465px) Image search: [Google]
pgslp.png
47KB, 547x465px
>>41926045
Stupid question, but alternating exercises would mean ohp and chins one workout, then bench and row the next workout right?
>>
File: 1496622154498.png (19KB, 700x600px) Image search: [Google]
1496622154498.png
19KB, 700x600px
>>41926155
Yes, that is what alternating is. Also use this instead.
>>
>>41926136
It's very hard to get a high protein intake on a vegan diet without consuming a lot of calories, unless you're using vegan protein powder. If your caloric intake is low and your protein intake is low too, you won't just be losing fat, you'll lose a lot of muscle too. You could mostly eat a vegan diet and add like 3 or 4 chicken breasts a day to make up for the lack of protein or add some scoops of protein powder to your smoothies you'll most likely make.
>>
Why do hamstring/glute exercises feel so incredible? It's almost like a sensual pain. I fear I'm gonna pop a boner one of these days doing leg curls or hip thrusts
>>
>>41926172
Cool. I can hang with this. Thanks meng
>>
File: 1461202501379.gif (298KB, 217x200px) Image search: [Google]
1461202501379.gif
298KB, 217x200px
>>41908216
just got off my first bulk after being a fatty, on 5/3/1 with a few extra sets of assistance and HIIT sprinting 2-3 days a week

I went from 173lbs at my lowest, to 195 at my highest, but that's now down to like 189 from just eating maintenance for a couple of days

did I overbulk? Should I go slower next time?

for weightloss people say you can lose up to 1.5lbs a week without much muscle loss, but is it better to do 1lb?

Also 5/3/1 tries to push for maxes EVERY gym session, should I load up after maintence/deloading this week and try to max out with my new maxes next week? Or should I pull back to 90% of my max and try not to push myself?
>>
>>41926240
Ok thank you, do you know how to make vegan food taste? right now i'm planning on just lathering it with chilli sauce.

Also how do vegans even live, everything has (((soy))) in it, how do I avoid the test dip from consuming so much soy?
>>
>>41926302
bulk was a bit over 2 months for context
>>
>>41926310
Just season your food and read labels to avoid soy. It's not any different if you're on a standard diet.

In the first place, why are you even suggesting eating vegan for a cut? You can still get fat on a vegan diet if you eat too much food. It's not magical. The most important part for cutting is keeping protein high and calories low. You can do that with a vegan or a standard diet.
>>
>>41924830
1,84m actually
Thread posts: 336
Thread images: 45

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.