[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Best intermediate program/routine for endurance and strength

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

File: 1484622997895.gif (1MB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
1484622997895.gif
1MB, 300x300px
Best intermediate program/routine for endurance and strength building? Hopefully applicable to Law Enforcement, Firefighter, and Military.
>>
Just do stronglifts with some cardio thrown in between, them, when your lifts stall, switch to Texas
>>
>>41903126
I am not a powerlifter, looking at building functional strength.
>>
>>41903126
OP if I were you I wouldn't do SL. I started it and gave up after a month cause it's fucking boring, even if you're a beginner or intermediate. Now doing a 6 day a week PPL and I actually enjoy working out.
>>
>>41903170
Texas is for general strength and functional strength is exactly what that anons suggestion provides
>>
>>41903170
>functional strength
Tell me, specifically, what functional strength is and why strength training won't build it.
>>
>>41903405
>>41903378
Looking to be able to lift a lot, and hold that heavy weight for a long time.
>>
>>41903428
>hold that heavy weight for a long time.
What did he mean by this?
>>
>>41903170
strength is strength you dipshit
>>
>>41903428
So you want a bodybuilding routine with farmer walks?
>>
>>41903170
Just watch TV and eat McDonald's for a couple weeks till the motivation dissolves and you can give up on this like you did with everything else.
>>
File: youre gonna carry that weight.png (88KB, 1440x900px) Image search: [Google]
youre gonna carry that weight.png
88KB, 1440x900px
>>41903428
>>41903482
>>
>>41903035

For military, I would do Tactical Barbell's Fighter cluster with front squats, OHP, and weighted pull ups. You'll only hit the weights twice a week, giving you plenty of time to run, ruck, swim, and do grass drills with body armor on for job specific performance.
>>
>>41903829
if you're joining the military just do push ups, sit ups, and run 2 miles

A day push up sit up drill
B day run 2 miles

repeat forever and you'll climb the ranks in the military
>>
>>41903899
Yeah but looking for increasing weight I can lift, as I am a volunteer firefighter right now.
>>
>>41904486
>I want to increase the weight I lift
>Lift weights
>lol nah that's gay

The fuck are you hoping for
>>
Do a calisthenics routine. If you're one of those massive bulky cops, people will get extra nervous and be more likely to escalate things.
>>
>>41904710
I know lifting weights is important, and I want a program that has them but instead of focusing pure strength and building mass I want to build strength+endurance
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.