[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Explain me why carbohydrate consumption increases sleep time

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

File: help helper.jpg (36KB, 655x527px) Image search: [Google]
help helper.jpg
36KB, 655x527px
Explain me why carbohydrate consumption increases sleep time and the sleep feels more efficient and deep.

I´ve gone from 86kg in February to 72kg today using low carb diet and intermittent fasting. I also started a new job at construction so have been getting more exercise besides gym.

So far so good, but after being more than 2 weeks on strict carbs (max 30 grams per day) my sleep quality decreases.

I also feel that after heavy week in terms of training and work, my sleep quality gets worse. Last night I only could get like 5 hours of sleep. I have a day off, so I was fuck it, and decided to go buy shitloads of carbs. I ate some potatoes, protein bars, rice and fruits. After that I slept like a baby next 4 hours.

Why does low carb kill my sleep gains
>>
>>41899903
bump for interest, on water fast and sleeping only 5 hours a day
>>
>>41899903
probably because your body needs carbs

stop falling for the low carb meme
>>
Low carb diets are one of the unhealthiest things you can possibly do, short of eating nothing at all, so it isn't specifically surprising that you get side effects such as decreased sleep quality and duration. The specific mechanisms could be a combination of any number of things, but why do you care? You're deliberately engaging in malnutrition and emulating a starvation response so the results are up in the air.
>>
>>41899939
>>41899926
Low carb has benefits, no hunger pawns during the day and more consistent energy.

If I eat bread & porridge and stuff like chicken and rice at a meal, I feel tired all day.

Then again, I´ve been thinking that maybe I should save the carbs till late evening and maybe get the low carb benefits by eating high protein, high fat in the mornings and high carb in the evening.
>>
>>41899948
This may surprise you but hunger is the body's signal to consume food and is actually a sign of good health, whereas absence of hunger and reduced hunger are medical symptoms known as anorexia.
>>
>>41899903
>increases sleep time
>more efficient

not very smart, are you?
>>
>>41899903
Damn

Really, though?

I have trouble sleeping

No carbs, slight keto everyday and intermittent fasting

I also check my blood sugar and my blood sugar is always in the normal range, never goes above 80 even though I already ate..
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.