[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

my /fit/ story

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 4

File: CN3roZlVEAAPX49.jpg (26KB, 500x366px) Image search: [Google]
CN3roZlVEAAPX49.jpg
26KB, 500x366px
Haven't really ever posted here much, but I just wanted to share my /fit/ story with you guys. I'm a former college athlete who had to stop playing my sport pretty early on in my career due to injuries. As a result of losing my sport, I felt that I lost my identity, because it was something that I was good at and something that I had done for pretty much my entire life. Fast forward to 6 months ago: I was in a pretty bad place mentally and physically. I was doing horrible in school to the point where I had to withdraw to avoid failing out. I had been dragging my heels at school for a few years. I was extremely depressed, overweight, had little motivation, smoked weed and drank all the time, and just generally found it hard to do things that normal people do. Some days, I could barely get out of bed. I was essentially >pic related.
I thought it was hopeless and I thought about killing myself to end my problems many times.

Fast forward a few months: I moved home, stopped smoking weed (huge waste of money), drink very rarely, and, most importantly, started exercising pretty often, to the point where I now go to the gym most days and run at least a few miles every single day. It sucked at first, but it felt great to know that every second I was suffering while working out would make me suffer less and less going forward. My self-confidence is way higher, I can think a lot more clearly, and I just generally am a lot happier. I enrolled in some summer classes at my local college, where I am now doing exceedingly well, and I'm on my way to getting A's in both of the classes that I'm in. Cutting down on the smoking and drinking, as well as getting on a more regular sleep schedule, helped me a lot to get out of the rut that I was in; but exercise has definitely been the key to me essentially turning my life around in this short period of time. I love running now, whereas it used to be probably my least favorite thing in the world to do.

contd.
>>
>>41892128
contd.

For anyone who is reading this who is struggling right now and thinking about taking this route to try to better their life, DO IT. It’s too easy to sit around and make excuses, and nothing in this world that’s actually worth getting will come easily to you. You have to be able to take it, and you won’t be able to take it if your lifestyle includes constantly compromising and second-guessing yourself. All you have to do to start is just go outside and RUN.

I literally thought my life was hopeless and over, and was able to completely turn everything around in a few months with just a little bit of effort and mental toughness. I had heard so many times over the years that the way you take care of your body is the way you take care of your mind, and stuff like that, but I thought that was just corny cliché. I thought that I know myself better than anyone, so why should I listen to these fucking people who don’t know me at all? I’m so glad I could prove myself wrong in such a short amount of time.

My question to you, /fit/, is why the fuck doesn’t everyone do this? Why do people continue to sit around and wallow in their self-pity, when the answer to their problems is right in front of their noses? If I can do it, literally anyone can.
>>
File: you.jpg (156KB, 1327x942px) Image search: [Google]
you.jpg
156KB, 1327x942px
>>41892128
thanks for the daily motivation to continue on my man
>>
>>41892145
Of course man. If I could positively impact literally one person from this post, I would be happy and would consider it a success.
>>
File: andreiamariano4.jpg (62KB, 720x894px) Image search: [Google]
andreiamariano4.jpg
62KB, 720x894px
thanks anon have a sloot
>>
How many miles do you run?
>>
>>41892777
Never less than two miles, but rarely ever more than 5. Not trying to turn into a distance runner or anything, just trying to get a good sweat in

>>41892709
that's one of the goals m8
>>
File: 1470319761097.jpg (80KB, 500x648px) Image search: [Google]
1470319761097.jpg
80KB, 500x648px
>>41892128

I feel you anon.

6 months ago I decided I wasn't going to be a waste of life anymore and for the first time in my life I'm /fit/(ish), I read a lot, I'm going back to delete college to finish my degree and I'm looking to get a job.

I've also stopped drinking, smoking. All that is left for me to do is getting a less shitty personality and be more sociable.

We eat can all make it if we aren't afraid of going through hell for a bit.
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.