[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

R8 My Routine

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3

File: get fit.jpg (25KB, 469x264px) Image search: [Google]
get fit.jpg
25KB, 469x264px
New to getting /fit/, been taking redpills and startng to sort nyself out

Got a gf, a promotion, buying a car, and starting to work out at home before work, my routine is as follows

>20 pushups
>2m plank
>20 pushups
>30 lunges
>20 pushups
>30 squats
>20 pushups
>40 jumping jacks
>20 pushups
>cold shower

What could I do to make me routine about the same length, but afford me more gains. Now it takes 15-20 minutes, and i've lost over 50lbs in a year and a half combining this with healthier living
>>
Are you able to go to an actual gym?
Going for an hour after work would be much more beneficial.
If you can't, at least get a pull up bar for sick lat gains
>>
>>41890976

Purposely living below my means to buy a car and move out of my parents' place, a gym membership is an unessicary expendature atm.
>>
>>41890918
buy a pair of heavy dumbells
>>
If you're only going to do bodyweight then you need to start increasing the difficulty of the exercises, not just doing more and more pushups. Start doing those pushups with your feet raised up on something, like a bed or chair or something. Move up to handstand pushups when you can.

You're just not going to make gains doing jumping jacks and shit.
>>
>>41891261

What weigh range do I need, and how many reps should i be aiming for?
>>
>>41890918
Pullups and dips... if you don't have equipment try to find somewhere around the house you can do them
>>
>>41891290

What is the value of having the feet raised? Excuse my obliviousness in all this, as i'm new to it all.

I tried having my feet up on an ottoman and it felt good, just didnt know it was better somehow
>>
>>41891339
Read up on calisthenics. There are whole routines based around bodyweight exercises only but you need to increase difficulty, not just reps. Same reason you put on extra weight on the barbell instead of just doing 150 95lb deadlifts. It's a different effect on your body.

And at least get a pull up bar. Those are absolutely essential.
>>
>>41890918
>100 pushups
>no rows

enjoy your caveman look
>>
>>41890918

Have you cleaned your room yet, bucko?
>>
File: 1481053944104.jpg (2MB, 2481x6600px) Image search: [Google]
1481053944104.jpg
2MB, 2481x6600px
>>41890918
>>
File: 20170622_135048.jpg (953KB, 2560x1536px) Image search: [Google]
20170622_135048.jpg
953KB, 2560x1536px
>>41891470

Yessir
>>
>>41891242
Not gonna make it confirmed.

Get a chin up bar.

Chin ups x5 sets
Push ups x3 or 5 sets
Dips x3 or 5 sets
Hanging leg raises x3 sets
Plank

You can only get that far without lifting. Try to get to 10 reps reps in chins and leg raises. 15-20 on push ups and dips. Last set should be AMRAP: As Many Sets As Possible to absolutely destroy yourself.

For legs just walk/run/swim/bike. Fuck bodyweight squats u less youre a hambeast
>>
>>41891339
Puts more weight on your upper body so your arms are working more.

You can make gains this way, though it's limited. Work your way to doing handstands by walking your feet up a wall backwards. Then you can start doing handstand pushups on the wall when you have the strength.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.