[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Baby weights

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

File: IMG_20170331_150048.jpg (72KB, 500x634px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170331_150048.jpg
72KB, 500x634px
Am I the only person here who is so weak they can only lift baby weight?

OHP 65lbs.
Bench 100lbs.
Squat 115lbs.
DL 180lbs.

How long would you estimate for me to reach 1/2/3/4 ?

I'm 5'11" 164lbs. by the way
>>
>>41889877

<2 years with proper diet, recovery and exercise
>>
Never gonna make it if you weren't born making it
>>
I'm 270 lbs and 5"9'.

You bench the same as me and OHP. But this is doing 5x5
>>
>>41889877
only you would know how long it would take since you are the only person that knows your progression week by week. I don't know why you would ask this question without stating when you started, what weights you started with, and how much you add each day or week.
>>
>>41889877
Keep going baybeh. /fit/ likes to pretend it was never a beginner.

YOU'RE GONNA MAKE IT

Remember, lots of sleep/water/fruit/veg, and quality protein and fat. Learn to cook :)
>>
>>41890331
Well, it's kind of hard to tell.

I've been going to the gym for a little over a year. However, when I started (I weighed 120lbs back then) all I did was dumbbell bench press, dumbbell flyes, bulgarian split squats and bouldering.

I didn't start squats, DLs or OHPs until a few months ago.

Back then these were my stats:
OHP: 3x5 50lbs.
Bench: 3x5 45lbs dumbbells
Squats: 5x5 85lbs.
Deadlift: 1x5 115lbs.

I think my bench stalled for a long time because I couldnt make the jump from 45lbs to 50lbs dumbbells. I just recent started using the barbell so hopefully it starts going up..
>>
>>41889877
>>41890469
>gym for one year
>30 lbs increase in squat
>65 lbs increase in deadlift
>15 lbs increase in OHP
M8, these are truly awful numbers. Not to give you a hard time, but this level of progress is what Starting Strength achieves in 2-3 weeks. You spent 52+ weeks doing that. Holy shit, you are wasting your time.

Get on SS and start eating. Otherwise you're taking up equipment and space that other people deserve.
>>
>>41889877
How much have you been eating? What was your starting bodyweight?
>>
>>41890553

I can see you didn't read my whole post. Thank you for the tips though.
>>
>>41890584
>>41890469
Eat more, increase your total volume too. A lot of basic strength training programs are essentially peaking programs, which work well if someone has a normal amount of muscle mass. You did (and I'm willing to be still do) not, you're going to need more training volume in some form in conjunction with a shit load of calories if you want to progress, because you just flat out need more muscle mass at this point.
>>
>>41890584
I've been eating between 2800 and 3000 calories a day consistently.

My starting weight when I first started going to the gym was 120lbs.

When I first began squats, OHP and DL towards the end of April I weighed like 155.
>>
>>41890619
Cool, thanks for the advice.

This is my current routine. I've only been following it strictly for about 2 months as I had to take 3 weeks off due to sickness and then a vacation. Is there anything you would change in it?

A
Squat 5x5
OHP 3x5
Pullups 3xF
Rowing Machine 15 mins.

B
DL 1x5
bb Benchpress 5x5
Chinups 3xF
Bouldering 45 mins.

C
OHP 3x5
Squat 3x8
Decline Pullups 3xF
Rowing Machine 15 mins.

D
db Benchpress 3x8-12
DL 1x5
Decline Chinups 3xF
Bouldering 45 mins.

X
Rest

A x B x C x D x
>>
>>41889896
Eat more
>>
>>41890690
How come your weeks have 8 days?
>>
Ok those are some seriously weak stats but that just means that your progress will be faster. When I started I couldn't squat 95lbs or deadlift 1pl8. I reached 1/2/3/4 after 5 months of SS then Texas Method.
Compared to me you're really well off, just start SS and eat a lot. Squatting 3 times a week changes you. Probably right now, you could squat 225lbs you just don't know how to use your body correctly to exert the most amount of force yet.
We're all gonna make it brah just work hard and eat a lot.
>>
Noob gains thread?

5'11 194 lbs fat pos. A month into SS

OHP- 80lbs
Bench- 115lbs
Squat- 145lbs
Dead- 185lbs
Chin- 5max

How am I doing? I've been spending a decent amount of time trying to get better hip mobility, because my squat and deadlift form really need work.
>>
Spend 30min a day doing 3rd world squat. And spend a lot of time warming up with just the bar until the movement becomes natural, if you need to do 10 sets with the bar then do 10 sets with the bar.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.