[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Neck Lump

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 3

File: 194x105_Thyroid_Cancer.jpg (5KB, 194x105px) Image search: [Google]
194x105_Thyroid_Cancer.jpg
5KB, 194x105px
6 days ago someone noticed I had a lump in my neck. After feeling around I could feel the mass, just a little smaller than a golf ball, sitting just left of the center of my throat, just above the center of my collarbone. It's firm, but not hard, and it moves a great deal when I swallow, which is how it was noticed in the first place.

I'm in Canadian Military so I went and was immediately set up for chest X-ray's, blood work and schedule for an ultrasound and now I'm awaiting results and my follow up on July 10th.

Cont.
>>
>>41888793
99% of neck tumors and cysts are benign. That's not a real statistic, but the neck likes to make lumps for some reason and mostly it isn't cancer or some other bad shit.
>>
File: FB_IMG_1494172554837.jpg (60KB, 480x872px) Image search: [Google]
FB_IMG_1494172554837.jpg
60KB, 480x872px
I'm a 26 yo male, and noticed no other symptoms, the doc checked the lymph in my armpits and groin, and didn't notice anything else in his check up.

I have no prior medical issues, I feel as healthy as usual, and other than my mother's sister having a growth on her thyroid that may have been cancerous, have no family history related to this.

I do, however, compete in bjj and regularly get my neck cranked and strangled. Do any medical anons have experience with this? Has anyone had a similar issue?

Thanks bros, hoping it ain't the cancer.
>>
>>41888820
I can sorta gree from experience. Around the end of last year I got one. It shrank and grew back to its original size over the course of months. Now it seems to be completely gone. Won't be shocked if it comes back. I hate going to the doctor so all I've done in response to this weirdness is "overdose" on plants.
>>
>>41888793

I've had a bump on my throat before. I figured it was just an inflamed lymph node. Can't feel where it is now. So, that was probably correct.

Get checked out for shit if you're worried, but at 26 the odds that you have cancer are very, very low.
>>
Thanks lads. Being told it's probably nothing is going a long way to make me feel better while I wait for the test results. I'm squatting for you boys today.
>>
That sounds like a thyroid nodule dood
>>
>>41888793

If it turns out to be cancer it is probably a morbus hodgkin lymphoma. Survival rate is about 95%. So even if it is worse than you thought it's not that bad. I know that's not really uplifting but I also know that these are exactly the kinds of thoughts that go through someones head in a situation like that (speaking from experience). But don't worry, not everything ist cancer even if a board like 4chan makes you believe that day in and day out.
>>
Get it checked out. Five years ago, when I was 19, I went in to my doctor's to get a strep test (it was miserable) and he noticed a lump in my throat. Three days, a biopsy, and a sonogram later, turns out I had stage 2 thyroid cancer.
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.