[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Couch 2 5 k

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 3

File: austria_hitler_s_bell.jpg (103KB, 620x465px) Image search: [Google]
austria_hitler_s_bell.jpg
103KB, 620x465px
Week 3 of Couch to 5k. Totally killing it. Usually run for longer than the prescribed time like during the cooldown period, for example. Averaging ~2-2.5 miles per run.

However, I'm experiencing some knee pain when I start my run and then it eventually fades. Is my form shit? Should I get new shoes?

Anyone else do c25k? How'd it go?
>>
File: .kjh.jpg (96KB, 600x402px) Image search: [Google]
.kjh.jpg
96KB, 600x402px
>>
>>41884969
did c26k to participate in some friendly event between businesses.
No program, just started running and not even as much as they suggest.
If you have any sort of previous fitness, c25k is extremely tame. If you're a fatass tho, it's probably tough. And no kidding, running will mess up your joints if you're fat.
Staying fat will fuck up your everything else though, so there you go.

Make sure you take appropriate recovery time.
>>
Can you post the pic of couch to 5k?
>>
File: EdSRs.png (635KB, 1288x3200px) Image search: [Google]
EdSRs.png
635KB, 1288x3200px
>>41886093
Gotchu little nigga
>>
>>41884969
It's because the impact of your foot on the ground makes for pretty big vibrations in articulation, mostly knees and ankles.
Running isn't the best warmup, despite being used as so. Ideally, you'd go to your running spot biking 5-10mn, so that you are already warmed up and loose when you start running. As you get older, start a run cold is more likely to hurt your lower back.

Quick fix: 10mn biking or static warmup, before running. Also, working on technique. Focus on landing on the center/ball of your foot, instead of the heel. Visualize your feet acting as suspensors, absorbing the impact, instead of slapping against the ground. That sharp heel impact is the cause of most running related injuries/pains.
>>
>>41884969
standard practice for running shoes is to replace after 600-800 miles, and maybe start thinking about it at half that if you're having nagging injuries. given you're just starting I'm guessing your shoes are fine milage wise. if your shoes are older than 6 months or so, I would replace them then too. otherwise don't worry about it.

your form is more than likely shit, but I doubt that's the cause of your knee pain unless your strides are really high or something.

all of the joint problems I've seen get worse with milage, because it becomes more aggravated as you go on. as long as it's consistently going away, I would just chalk it up to stiffness. occam's razor

>>41886473
warming up isn't to help your joints. running is a perfectly fine warm up if you start at a reasonable pace. works for every runner I know.

I don't really have evidence on this part, but I also don't think heel striking is that bad for you. just about every distance runner I know does it during long runs, and before a minimalist starts a rant, there are barefoot running cultures in Africa that heel strike too.
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.