[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Weight Lifting and Heart Health

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 4

File: IMG_20161014_140233.jpg (40KB, 447x508px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20161014_140233.jpg
40KB, 447x508px
I'm wondering if anyone else deals with this:

When I lift, I'll feel perfectly fine, but it takes my heart a long time (hours) to fully settle back to normal afterward. When I run, sprint, or do stair climbs only on days I don't lift, my heart doesn't do the same thing where it takes a long fucking time to calm down as it does after lifting.

And on days where I lift and want to run later on, I can feel my heart want to beat out of sync and will pump faster than it would had I only run that day.

My cardiologist says I'm good, and have had plenty of tests done to confirm that.

So...does weight lifting just effect the heart differently or something? Something my body has to get used to first? I'm only a few weeks into lifting and I'm sort of a DYEL, but I'm fit and healthy otherwise.

Thoughts? Anyone else have this happen?
>>
>>41884742
Bump for interest
>>
>>41884766
OP here, do you experience this too?
>>
>>41884742
Shameless self bump.
>>
>>41884839
Yes sometimes I worry about having a stroke or something but all my ekgs and blood work are normal. I was diagnosed with anxiety though
>>
>>41884839
And after cardio i feel great, sometimes after heavy lifting i feel an abnormal heart rhythm or something. Also get that feeling when I'm going to sleep esp with melatonin
>>
>>41884965
>>41884984

Fuck, are you me? What's my favorite color?

It's weird cos while I'm with GAD as well, I'll always make sure I feel good before I work out, or I know I'll have a bad time, yet the bad time will still happen even when it isn't on my mind.

I had an occasional arrhythmia until two years ago when I got an ablation to clear it up, and as recently as this last winter I wore a medical heart monitor for two weeks from my cardiologist, and he tracked the results and said I'm good to go.

I don't know what to do. Does lifting just work your heart in a really different way, and it just needs to get stronger in that particular way for it to stop feeling sketchy?
>>
>>41885032
>your favorite color is orange
>i am you from another dimension
>I've come to share feels with you

Stay strong brother
>>
>>41885282
Orange is a close second, but my favorite is yellow.

Do you have any more input about what we're talking about, or are we both just waiting for some answers here?
>>
File: Screenshot_2017-06-04-00-36-46.png (2MB, 1440x2560px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2017-06-04-00-36-46.png
2MB, 1440x2560px
>>41885339
Probably just waiting. I always thought anxiety was bullshit excuses, but after a few major attacks I saw some doctors.

I worked swing shift for a few years in chemical manufacturing, it just took a tool combined with alcoholism. I'm good now but still get "the bad feeling" creeping in every now and then. I honestly think my brain/ body confuse extreme exhaustion for imminent death. After a nap I'm usually fine. I wish it never started though.

Like i said, all doctors told me I'm physically fine. Perfect blood work, normal ekg, etc. Just mental i guess. Sucks.
>>
>>41885430
It better not be anxiety, cos even though I have it and acknowledge it as a problem that effects many, I still think it's such a bullshit cop out condition to have.

Anxiety and or depression is truly getting cucked by your own life. That's why I hope it's just a matter of strengthening my heart and not some bullshit mental barrier I can't figure out how to bypass.
>>
File: 1488631941889.jpg (465KB, 750x1160px) Image search: [Google]
1488631941889.jpg
465KB, 750x1160px
In the meantime, rate my program:

Monday
Squat 5x5
Bench 5x5
Ohp 3x5
Db incline 5x5
Lateral raise 3x12

Wednesday
Deadlifts 5x5
Rows 3x12
Lat pulldown 3x12
Back extension 5x10
Face pulls 3x12

Friday
Squat work up to new 5rm
Bench work to new 5rm
Ohp 3x5
Power clean 5x3

It's basically Texas method with actual respectable deadlift volume and some accessories. Am i going to make it?
>>
>>41885470
You just learn to ignore it. It doesn't go away but you start to realize you're actually not dying.
>>
>>41885493
I don't know, my routine is way more casual than that.
>>
>>41885505
I'm prone to skipped heartbeats, and when that shit happens I fucking lose it and panic. And the only way I've found that avoids skipped beats is to not push myself very hard...but not pushing myself hard is preventing the gains I want.
>>
File: 1498102089366.png (5KB, 645x773px) Image search: [Google]
1498102089366.png
5KB, 645x773px
>>41885470
just be confident breh. btw op's pic have nice quads
>>
>>41885592
I'm OP, and yes she fucking does.
>>
>>41884742
OP, I'm not a medical student, but I know what causes the phenomenon. It's the same reason why running burns calories even after you've finished running compared to walking. When you lift, you're damaging your muscles, and then your body heals them back stronger, but it needs nutrients to do so. Your "conscious" work may be done, but your body is working non-stop to repair the damage you did to your muscles from lifting. So essentially, your heart and body are working harder to move materials in and out of the damaged site (like lactic acid).
>>
>>41887432
Finally an answer, thank you.
>>
>>41884742
>pic
Prison is worth the rape
>>
>>41889250
Pathetic
>>
>>41885521
Get more sleep, like the actual recomended 8 hours, stop eating anything with caffeine or other stimulants, dont take melatonin just turn off the lights when it gets dark and dont stare at your cellphone.

All better, your welcome.
>>
>>41889859
I get 6.5 to 8 hours of sleep a night, and I don't drink coffee or pop because caffeine gives me anxiety attacks, I don't smoke either.
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.