[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Personal Trainer advice

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

Any personal trainers here with experience?
To someone starting out, what would you say in summary to prepare them as fast as possible?
>>
>>41883655
A trainer after starting out its not a bad idea. I started out completely on my own and it took a very long time to learn everything I needed to know. However it also depends on your goal. The easier your goal the less you need a trainer. If you're ready to train for 4 or more days a week for at least an hour then its a good idea.

Firstly a trainer can quickly show you what muscles to target and how to do so. Then can show you a wide variety of exercises and you can pick which ones you prefer. This is pretty self-explanatory

Second and most important they can show you correct form. However this depends on the trainer. The trainers at the gym I go to do not teach correct form. It's more common then you think. Find a good trainer. Teaching lifting to myself gave me several injuries over the years. Exercises like squats and deadlifts should definitely be learned from someone rather then trial and error or a youtube video.

They can also clear any additional questions. No one better to ask questions /fit/ related then to someone who themself trains and is educated in just that.

Good luck and if you do get a trainer, keep reminding yourself that you are paying them to give you enough knowledge to function on your own. A lot of people will hire a trainer and never stop because they only do what the trainer tells them to do. They don't ask questions-they dont really learn anything.

Good luck on the road ahead of you.
>>
>>41883779
This OP

I stared lifting probably around 5 years ago and I wouldn't say I exactly wasted the first few months- but I didn't have a good routine that really targeted everything I wanted. I made sweet noob gains, but I missed out on the joy of deadlifting for several months as an example.

So starting out I ended up taking the first 4-6 months trying to perfect a routine, learn all the lifts, etc. I watched people like Scott Herman initially since he had a dozen plus videos about form and routines.

But as far as finding a good PT- that's a crap shoot. I'd say find the most jacked one, be friendly, and ask him/her to give you their routine they use (even if its slightly modified for a beginner).
>>
>>41883779
>>41883842
Oh shit i completely misrepresented my idea.

I"M the trainer. I got my ACSM this year and i'm hired to train at a private gym soon
>>
>>41884084
You just need the cert to be a trainer? Or will gyms want me to have "schooling" behind it (like and accredited school)?
>>
>>41884084
I was a PT for a short amount of time. Whatever you learned in your book will help you so much. You will deal with people that have medical issues, injuries, and that are elderly. You have to get creative and accommodate to each person needs which is easier said than done. Also, if you are more introverted, reserved, etc, good freakin luck. From my short amount of experience, personal training is more about personality and sales, less about training.
>>
>>41883655
go to reddit
>>
It's a people business - you're going to be best if you really master your sales pitch. Dig up on dale carnegie etc classics like that. There are many shitty trainers who kill it based on sales. If your product is actually good it makes the pitch easier. People need to see a visual representation of what you are going to do for them. Write it out. Prepare a small slideshow. Literally make any sort of visual presentation. When I present a program I outline ever single step of the way with concrete details of how they will gain x lbs, lose x lbs, reach x milestone, etc with specific dates to when this will happen by. When you can make the idea and goal as clear as possible, the program sells itself. Be reasonable and realistic though. If your sales pitch is good enough then you can sell anyone anything

HOWEVER

If you want to enjoy your job and train individuals you like, then craft your niche and get fucking specific with who you want to train. For example, my business did not take off until I decided I am focusing exclusively on strength training female distance runners between the ages of 25 and 40. Theyre already fit girls who take instruction well, will perform big lifts (I am a powerlifter so i love coaching deadlifts, squats etc), and generally are up to challenges if they run marathons.

Lastly, why the fuck should anyone listen to you? For me, i have hard numbers that prove I can make someone strong without getting big (combo of my own records plus client success stories). It could be just your educational background though.

Good luck!
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.