[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What's the point of a Fitbit?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

File: fitbit.png (26KB, 132x200px) Image search: [Google]
fitbit.png
26KB, 132x200px
What's a Fitbit Alta do and why do people pay $100+ for them? I found some on Ebay cheaper but I don't really know what they do. Anyone? I checked google but they have limited info
>>
>>41878996

Makes people who don't exercise feel better. I don't recall any effective exercise routine that used "steps" as a metric. So you get some dumbass saying "gotta get my steps in", or "wow, today I had 15,000 steps". Seriously, walking is a metric for fitness? Everybody walks, that's an expectation for anyone who isn't physically disabled. Props to whoever came up with the idea because it must be rainin em.
>>
>>41878996
I'm wearing a fitbit now, it isn't worth it

its just a watch with a step tracker

the only reason I have one is because my parents had a hard time finding me a gift , so I wear it for them
>>
>>41879054
>>41879048

Ok thanks for the info.
>>
File: IMG_20161009_010705.jpg (371KB, 2592x1944px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20161009_010705.jpg
371KB, 2592x1944px
>tfw fell for the useless garbage meme
the balance board however makes an excellent scale, and wiifit trainer is my waifu
>>
>>41878996

Its supposed to track your calories out and your steps per day. Pointless for anyone who knows how to calculate their TDEE.
>>
>>41879060
oh and if you do buy the fitbit remember to take it off before you commit a crime, it tracks your location and heartrate
>>
>>41879093
lol ah I see what they are for now. Clever NSA
>>
>>41879075
Does it only calculate calories out based on number of steps?
>>
>>41879118
might use time too
it fucking should for the price of these things
>>
>>41879118
no it does it based on your HR, activity level and weight. It's not very accurate though.
>>
>>41879118

No my gf had one and it tracked her calories out when we had sex. Idk how accurate it is tho
>>
i have a garmin activity tracker and it stopped fucking working after a month.
and when it worked it would give me notifications to "move" when i was lifting weights, fucking faggot ass normie cardio shitheads
>>
Get a mi band you fucking gooks
>>
Gimmick gadgets marketed to normies. I've never met someone with a fitbit that didn't feel the need to tell me they own one and doesn't show me garbage score after every run.

They would actually be pretty neat if they weren't essentially an overpriced smartwatch with useless and inaccurate features
>>
>>41878996
These do jackshit besides being a digital watch with a step tracker built in. There isn't one that exists on the market that actually helps with a strength training workout. If they ever got accurate heart rate tracking into one of these I would buy the shit out of it.

Despite me not wanting one, I have to give Apple credit for trying to give the Apple Watch more reasons to exist, like waterproofing and swim tracking and (so-so) heart-rate tracking.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.