[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Developing "Brute Strength"

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

File: download (9).jpg (12KB, 225x224px) Image search: [Google]
download (9).jpg
12KB, 225x224px
I'm trying to get educated on strength training but it seems everything I find concerning lifting weights in general nowadays is wayyyyy to biased into three categories. Either you got crossfit people that just wanna do everything for the sake of doing lots of reps on everything without concern for the weight, or you have bodybuilders who don't care about weight but more about muscle, and you got this new trend of powerlifters that just wanna lift a lot but ONCE without any consideration for being muscular or repetition power.

Where can I find information about developing that particular kind of "brute strength" of old, that kind of training that translates into both a great physique and massive strength feats and that incredible endurance of old. You know, shit like benching 500lbs for sets of 6 instead of several singles. That functional "power" that only strongman have and nobody ever writes anything about.

I have little concern for doing singles, or doing a fuckton of reps with little weight, or being big for the sake of being big. I want it all. Heavy weight for lots of reps, while looking great all the same.

Where can I find info about training for that?
>>
Those generalizations don't seem right at all.
>>
>>41877909
I'm just going by what I see on this board and other boards, and which youtube gurus seems most popular.
>>
>>41877934
>YouTube gurus

C'mon dude.

>>
See SS (the book) if you're really committed, Greyskull LP (don't need book but make sure you have good form), and literally any other beginner program would work. After that 5/3/1 variants are the go to. And yeah your generalizations are trash.
>>
>>41877887
>>41877934

Find out who are the kind of people that illustrate the kind of thing you are looking for, find out how they trained and try to see if what they did worked for you. Eventually cross-check what worked and what didn't and you will find your own way. You will benefit even from doing "useless" training methods by today's standards, so go at it.

I used Bill Kazmaier's training methods (you posted his pic, so I assume he is one of those people that illustrate your point) and it gave me great strength gains and size gains. So start there.

It would help if you could list those people that "are" what you are looking for, but what I wrote will serve as a general guideline.
>>
>>41877953
To be fair, if he watched vids like Candidos or whatever he is called, or dude's like Silent Mike, his generalizations apply. Not wishing to offend crossfit people, but if he goes by your average crossfit youtuber (instead of a Frowning kind a person), that generalization applies.
>>
>>41878002
>I used Bill Kazmaier's training methods

Do you do main lifts twice a week + one heavy/one light session, or what?
>>
>>41877887

Any strongman centered page or community.
Strongman is exactly what you ae looking for.
>>
File: image.jpg (278KB, 483x485px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
278KB, 483x485px
>>41878361
He published books about his training methods, I have one about bench. OPs problem isnt just lack of research in golden era strength and bodybuilding, it's the fact that guys like kaz spent a lifetime of training, dieting, and roiding to get where they got, on top of elite genetic potential.
>>
>>41878361

> Do you do main lifts twice a week + one heavy/one light session, or what?

That's the basic premise, but the training method also calls for a lot of volume, low reps only get some emphasis in the final 4-5 weeks.

Kaz approach is, in short, basically:

> volume will build the necessary muscular hyperthorphy base from which you build your strength.
> In addition to volume, all reps must be done with perfect technique, even if for 10+ reps
> In addition to technique, all exercises must with a deliberate controlled eccentric and a very explosive eccentric

It can be programmed in 14-20 week training training block. Here is some further reading:

http://ditillo2.blogspot.com.br/2014/04/squat-and-deadlift-bill-kazmaier.html
http://ditillo2.blogspot.com.br/2014/04/the-bench-press-part-one-bill-kazmaier.html
http://ditillo2.blogspot.com.br/2014/04/the-bench-press-part-two-bill-kazmaier.html

These same articles are also present on SCRIBD on their original format, written by Bill, if you really wanna check out the authenticity. However if you cross-check with some seminars he has up on youtube and other similar articles you will notice they verify one another.
>>
>>41879108
cheers. I'll look into this some more.
very interested in training smarter AND harder.
>>
>>41877887
If you want brute strength, start training grip strength today. Any sort of show off shit you want to do, requires tons of grip.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.