[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

SS equivalent for cycling

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

File: photo-7.jpg (65KB, 800x506px) Image search: [Google]
photo-7.jpg
65KB, 800x506px
Is there something like SS for cycling?
>>
>>41877491
Fuck i miss this era so fucking much

Yes im an oldfag. I would give anything to go back to the time where you would see this in a magazine and not think it was weird.
>>
It's been 12 years since I last rode a bike, and I kinda want to start again. Is it too late?
>>
>>41877539
I'm 22 and never rode a bike. Not planning to win races, but I want to be able to deliver more power over longer periods
>>
I'm an amateur bike racer. If you want to get faster you just ride harder. Literally that's it. Any thing more in-depth requires a $1,200 power meter that you'll be too retarded to know how to use until you learn how to ride harder.

Congrats
>>
>>41877508
I'm also an old fag. It WAS weird then.
>>
>>41877610
Isn't a power meter necessary to make progress? I can imagine you can burn yourself out over a 1.5 hour period fairly easy if you "just ride harder"
>>
>>41877644
A power meter will be necessary after you began to plateau. Until then you should learn to ride smarter and harder. You'll also learn how you your body responds to different types of fuel, conditions, etc. One big part of cycling is knowing yourself. You won't be able to do that if you're too caught up analysing power numbers and etc.
>>
as well as what >>41877610 says, you might want to get a turbo trainer and a subscription to something like TrainerRoad; it's a pretty affordable way to structure your training
>>
File: DFBTj0ah.jpg (54KB, 627x502px) Image search: [Google]
DFBTj0ah.jpg
54KB, 627x502px
>>41877610
more
>>
>>41877491
>>41877539
>>41877566
Cyclist here, literally just cycle you idiots. Have a go on the exercise bike in the gym if you want (make sure you put the saddle at the right height - search on YouTube what the right height is). Or on one of the spin bikes, but be very careful starting on a spin bike if you haven't used a fixed-gear bike before. It doesn't freewheel.

Then you could of course just buy a road bike, you can get cheap used ones for like £100 - £200.

>>41877644
Genuinely not. Just get a cheap cycle computer and measure your times, average speed, etc. Do the same courses and try and get faster.

My dad has been cycling for decades, he's done thousands of miles, and he has tons of kit, but even he doesn't have a power meter. You really don't need a fucking power meter unless you're a pro. You can get Garmin pedals that work as a rudimentary power meter, and they're cheaper, but again you probably don't need that unless you're a serious competitive amateur at least.

>>41877798
If you're just cycling for recreation and to get fit then you seriously do not need a power meter. Even if you are getting into races I doubt you need a power meter, unless you're really serious, and you have a lot of money.

Of course people can do what they like, but in my view it's complete overkill unless you are a completely committed competitive cyclist.
>>
>>41877638
not as weird as it is now
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.