[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Can somebody criticize my routine? Workout A 3x10 Squat 3x10

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

File: 1475251253931.jpg (40KB, 625x415px) Image search: [Google]
1475251253931.jpg
40KB, 625x415px
Can somebody criticize my routine?

Workout A
3x10 Squat
3x10 OHP
3x10 Lateral raises
3x10 Ez bar curls
3x12 Calf raises
3xf Plank
3xf V-up

Workout B
3x10 Deadlift
3x10 Bench press / Declined press (alternating)
3x10 Low cable crossover
3x10 Lat pulldown / Rows (alternating)
3x12 Face Pulls
3x12 Reverse wirst curl
3xf Pallof press
3xf Russian twist

AxBxAxx BxAxBxx
>>
>>41877223
1:Doing lateral raises when doing OHP is a bit redundant;
2 Do exercises for rear delts every day, they are a small muscle group and can recover easily;
3:Change V-ups for Hanging Leg raises if possible;
4:Switch one of your ab exercise, so you hit both abs and oblique every day;
5:Do loaded carries instead of calf raises and wrist curls, not only they hit both but also hit traps;
6:Don't decline bench press If you gonna alternate BP do it with Dips, mind you form to focus pec(bench) and triceps(dips);
7:Do both Rows and Lat pull down, mind your style/form(e.g Grip/Width/Height). Your lack of back work disturbs me;
8: change lat pulldown for pull up when possible;
9: For facepulls see 2
10: Switch some exercises so hit most muscles on the same day and don't create too much overlap;
11: Alternate french fress/pec dec according to bench press/dip;
12: Loaded carries work differently from exercises as weight, time or distance are variables you change. Do it for 1 to 3 sets. Whenever you are not gripping the weight do wrist direct work. There are a lot of loaded carries variations have some fun;
13: Unilateral Squats and Good Mornings are great exercise, you can alternate them or pick one, depends on your goals. If you want to chose one I'd recommend Good Mornings;
14: Do cardio and mobility work on your off days;
15: Do any curl exercise as long as you get all heads.

See This:
Workout A
3x10 Squat
3x10 OHP
3x10 Rear Pec dec
3x10 Low cable crossover
3x10 Lat pulldown
3x10 Rows
3x10 Shrugs
1-3xW/T/D Loaded Carry
3x10 curl variation
3xf Plank
3xf Russian Twist

Workout B
3x10 Deadlift
3x10 Bench press/Dip(alternating)
3x12 Face Pulls
3x10 Snatch Grip Upgright Row
3x10 Unilateral Squat/Good Morning
3x10 Pullover
3x10 French Press/Pec Dec(alternating)
1-3xW/T/D Loaded Carry
3x10 curl variation
3xf Side Plank
3xf V Up

AxBxxxx
AxBxAxx BxAxBxx
ABxABxx/AxBxAxB

Thoughts?
>>
>>41878112
>1:Doing lateral raises when doing OHP is a bit redundant;

Does the OHP work your lateral delt just as much?

2 Do exercises for rear delts every day, they are a small muscle group and can recover easily;

source?

3:Change V-ups for Hanging Leg raises if possible;

why? I can do the same movement and crunch as well in a V-up

4:Switch one of your ab exercise, so you hit both abs and oblique every day;
10: Switch some exercises so hit most muscles on the same day and don't create too much overlap;

Would I recover for that? Should I really hit all muscle groups in every workout?

7:Do both Rows and Lat pull down, mind your style/form(e.g Grip/Width/Height). Your lack of back work disturbs me;

Wouldn't that be too much unnecessary volume?

6:Don't decline bench press If you gonna alternate BP do it with Dips, mind you form to focus pec(bench) and triceps(dips);

Why?
>>
>>41879211
1.Does the OHP work your lateral delt just as much?
DB press with the DBs placed in-line with your neck will use your side delts as its main movers. BB press, while certainly using side delts as a mover, places some emphasis on your front delt do to bar placement being slightly in front of your neck.

2.Do exercises for rear delts every day, they are a small muscle group and can recover easily

While I don't subscribe to Mike's idea that side delts are rear delts pretty much always work together (personal experience, YMMV), it is true that rear (and side and front) delts recover hella fast do to being small muscles
https://renaissanceperiodization.com/rearside-delt-tips-hypertrophy/

3:why? I can do the same movement and crunch as well in a V-up
whoever told you to do hanging leg raises for abs is an idiot as they target mainly hips flexors (or they haven't been doing proper raises)

4&10: YMMV, but abs seem to recover pretty quickly if your compounds don't stress them too much already before you do your abs isolation movements. You can hit every muscle group every workout if your space your volume correctly, ie. don't do 10 sets of abs in 1 day and then just 1 a day for your 2 other workouts. Personal experience will tell you how many sets a day/week you can recover from anyway.

7: Wouldn't that be too much unnecessary volume?
Depending on how you row, you are mainly hitting your upper back. Pulldowns focus on your lats. So while rows and pulldowns are both back movements, they do not really compete against one another. It's like saying you cannot do both triceps and biceps on the same day because they are both arm muscles.

6:Don't decline bench press If you gonna alternate BP do it with Dips

Decline press is admittedly shit for the general/beginner trainee. Moreover, it really fails at activating your upper pec. Even more, the decline bench is really similar to dips when you look at it. You don't need to do the same movement twice.
>>
>>41879211
Thanks >>41879562 you are good anon. Basically everything he said. About the hanging leg raises I forgot about to say to add extension and contraction of the abdomen, this way it is basically the same movement but with a bigger ROM. Also thanks for noticing why I recommended both pulldowns and rows.
>>
Wayyyy overtraining. Split that shit up into a 3rd day.
>>
>>41879211
>>41879562
>>41879644
Also on 4 and 10: Seemingly for your surprise, by spreading the exercises and not destroying a muscle group in the single session you are allowing yourself to recover better for the the next session(on that same muscle group) while not hindering the performance of the other groups in the same or following workouts, the fatigue build ups on you, accumulating from week to week, month to month regardless of what you do, that's just how it works, so it does hit you pretty hard, fatigue management is important when writing a program. Unless you are on gear then it is just whatever.
If are really really worried about recovery and think you can't recover from what I suggested, I propose this: do progress linearly as long as you can, then for 3-4 weeks each you start changing sets, reps and weight respectively, add a deload every 4th week if you want. Example:
Cycle 1:
W1:40x6x6x6
W2:40x6x6x6x6
W3:40x6x6x6x6x6
W4:40x6x6x6
W5:40x7x7x7
W6:40x8x8x8
W7:44x6x6x6
W8:48x6x6x6
W9:52x6x6x6
Cycle 2:
W1:42x6x6x6
and so on

This can allow you to do many things, besides the fact that recover is easier by periodizing like this, depending on how you chose to do proceed you can do some of exercises you are alternating in the same session. You can periodize like this in waves too.
>>
>>41879211
make sure you extend and hold at the top and do a slow negative, OHP hits my laterals the most.
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.