[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

QTDDTOT

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 324
Thread images: 36

File: iZGW42G_d.jpg (148KB, 311x1920px) Image search: [Google]
iZGW42G_d.jpg
148KB, 311x1920px
Couldn't find one, so I made one.

I've heard chuck taylors are good lifting shoes and I need a new pair for the gym anyway (current pair are running shoes and are way too spongy for deads and squats).

Should i get a high ankled pair?
>>
Anyone know any barebones canned tune recipes? Stuff I find on google seems way too involved.
>>
How many SCOOPZ /fit/?
>>
Can I do oly lifts without bumper plates, but with rubbered ones and on a regular deadlifting platform? Power clean seams to work, but bailing form snatch seems rather dangerous for equipment.
>>
/fit/ please help me. I'm close to killing myself im so fucking worried

I didn't go to university and don't want to spend so much money for it. I have no skills other than lifting (if you can even count that). I have no clue what to do with my life, no money.

What the fuck do I do? Where do I work? I need a sustainable job but I have no clue.
>>
2 guys at my gym pulled 4 pl8 DL yesterday.
Neither even looks like he lifts.
What are they doing wrong?
If I want asthetics should I quit ss and pick up bro split?
>>
>>41876752
I've been using high top chucks for like 2 years now. Cheap, stable and they will last a longass time if you only wear them to the gym (otherwise they may fall apart). They're great unless you're a squatlet who can't hit depth without a heel.

MY QUESTION: is 30 lbs a good amount to bulk? I finished my first cut at 180 lbs as a 6'2" guy and was really happy with how I looked, planning on bulking to 210 now.
>>
>>41876752
Dude Chucks are amazing. I'm exactly like this anon >>41878089. Been using them for 2-3 years, still good as new. Hi-tops are the best, they give you that sense of stability. Nothing on them has fallen apart and that's regular lifting at a pretty busted gym where I'm tripping over shit all the time.
>>
>>41878089
That sounds fine, but as long as it's not too fast. How much do you plan to put on per month?
>>
Considering buying my own bar to use, since my gym's is pretty shitty, and I'm really the only person who lifts there (MMA gym close to uni). I've previously used to Ohio Power and Deadlift bars, but the aggro knurling was a bit much.

Anyone have any experience with the standard Ohio Bar? And any other recommendations for good quality bars, preferably <$250?
>>
>>41877764
become a pro bodybuilder
>>
How much fat would i gain on a 12 month +500 calorie bulk and how long would i need to cut to get to 10%.
>>
How important is sleep to making progress. I get about 5 to 6 a night most nights because I have two part time jobs.
>>
>>41878147
if it were that easy. you can't get paid for that shit unless you're the best of the best, and then you need to be a social media whore, and i hate social media.
>>
>>41876930
4 if bulkan'
>>
How can I improve my squats? They're really lagging behind and I don't know if it's bad form or just a weak core/lower body. I've been lifting seriously for a few months now and here are my lifts(4-5 reps):
OHP 105 lbs
Bench 180
Squats 135
Deadlift 230
I used to do TONS of pushups as a kid and lift dumbbells at home. Is this why my lower body is lagging? Also used to play tennis
>>
>>41876930
I take like 20 a day fucking srs because I like making protein cakes

That's all I've eaten for the last week I think I might be sick
>>
Since I have no AC in my homegym, would lifting once a week in the summer be enough to make slow progress? I'm close to my goal body as it is, so I don't mind increasing my lifts at a slower rate.
>>
I'm having trouble gaining weight. I'm 6'6 220 and I'm eating almost 3,000 calories a day, but I'm still losing weight. I'm not a hungry skelly but I was wondering if there's something I should be doing because I feel I'm missing something. I eat 5 meals a day
>>
How can you guys stomach having sex with a woman knowing that she poops?
>>
>>41878310
you're a pussy
>>
>>41878317
sip whole milk throout the day
>>
>>41878317
I'm 6' 205lbs and maintain at 3000-3200 a day, you need to eat more.
>>
>>41878324
And pees. And farts. And has periods. And burps. And does every disgusting thing you also do. But the power of the pussy > all
>>
>>41878416
When do you get over that and start being completely comfortable with someone? Like my parents have farting competitions and talks and shit and piss and periods and god knows what all the time. How many years do you have to be with someone?
>>
I get a sharp pain in the middle of my forearm when I lift, I stopped for a week and even lowered the weight but it is still there.

I've applied both ice and deep heat but neither are working, what can I do?
>>
File: bench-press.jpg (21KB, 549x406px) Image search: [Google]
bench-press.jpg
21KB, 549x406px
Why is my bench press so weak compared to my other lifts? I train at the exact intensity as any other day, but it seems like all other gym members have much higher bench presses. My current stats are the following:
OHP: 145
Benchpress: 215
Squat: 405
Deadlift: 405

6foot 215 pounds

Current chest routine:
Bench Press 5/3/1 format
Bench Press 5x10
Incline DB Bench Press 3x10
Close Grip Bench Press 3x10
Chest flies 3x12

Is this too much volume? Should I add/replace anything or should I just keep the same intensity and volume?
>>
How do you call the crunches >our boy does in the beginning ?I cant find anything similar im bb.com
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N85dgcdbLvw
>>
>>41878543
>1000 crunches
>structured, logical training
>>
>>41878454
Depends on you as a person. When you love someone or have been living with them for long enough it doesn't matter anymore. But for me I still find these issues gross, and I never farted/burped/did anything considered gross in front of any of my exes. Some people get comfortable fast and do them. I just could never get myself to do it. Like I said, it always depends on your character
>>
>>41878562
I was talking more about the name of the exercise.
>>
>>41876752
What should I expect of a High Set, Low Rep routine ?
>>
>>41878246
squat 3 days a week, increase weight by 5lb each time
>>
>>41878036
SS to build a base, then once you've gained a respectable amount of strength pick up a split. Tbh pulling 4 pl8 isn't so hard, I can pull 5 and I wouldn't say I look particularly hench
>>
>>41878158
There are so many factors that will affect the answer to that, clean or dirty bulk, macro composition, routine, etc. We need loads more detail and even then its hard to say
>>
>>41878173
Sleep is just as important as a good diet and routine. Without enough sleep your results will be minimal in comparison to what they could be. Try to get between 7-9
>>
>>41878500
Maybe add in some decline work? That helped me. I would also suggest more DB work, maybe alternate between BB and DB every chest session?
>>
>>41878089
> is 30 lbs a good amount to bulk? I finished my first cut at 180 lbs as a 6'2" guy

I'm in the exact same boat as this anon, maybe a month or two behind him on the cut but I've got the same question since I'm looking a little too fuckin' lanky in the extremities now.
>>
>be shirtless
>go to do planks/pushups
>look at body
>see fat hanging gut

when will it turn into abs?
>>
How to be healthy in an office of unhealthy people without seeming antisocial/a weirdo?

I work in London as a web developer where the drinking and pizza culture is strong. Every day they go to drink or eat shit and I have no problem refusing but I don't want to look like an outsider.

Any tips welcome, please this is really bothering me.
>>
>>41878898
When you lose weight and have a lower bf%
>>
>>41878903
Try to plan for a slice or two of pizza as part of your diet, nobody will notice you don't eat as much so long as you don't flat out refuse every time. If you absolutely have to drink alcohol I suggest something light that won't have such a negative impact - for example gin and slimline tonic.
>>
>>41876752

my hamstrings are the weakest parts of my legs but I can't do hamstring curls because they feel really fucking weird on my tendons, like my legs are gonna snap, and hurt me due to the pressure. What can I do instead? I already squat and deadlift.
>>
>>41878898
>tfw former fatass
>no visible loose skin when sitting/standing
>whenever I do pushups, all that skin hangs out
I have to live with the mark of the lardass for eternity.
>>
It's been bothering me for a while:

So carbs give you energy, excess of carbs is stored as fat.
Fat from food has other functions in the body, however it's high in calories.. But why do we count fat calories at all (or protein for that matter)?
Wouldn't it make more sense only count carbs when losing weight?

And if your TDEE is let's say is 3000 kcal, and you consumed 4000 kcal instead BUT almost exclusively from protein and fat, would you still lose weight?
>>
File: Portgas_D_Ace-1.png (523KB, 1212x1628px) Image search: [Google]
Portgas_D_Ace-1.png
523KB, 1212x1628px
are these abs achievable natty?
>>
>>41879250
you're worrying too much about the science of macronutrients while having no idea about basic nutrition.

On a basic level, all calories are energy, and all excess energy will produce body fat. Protein is needed to build muscle. Fats and Carbs are used to fuel your body in different ways, on a regular diet it's best to eat a regular balance of both. The only time you should really worry about Fats/Carbs is if you're an advanced bodybuilder or on a ketosis ("no" carb) diet.
>>
>>41877764
I have no idea if you're still here anon, but you are not alone.

I went to University, got the highest Hons possible and joint top grade in the region, yet a couple of years later at the age of 25 im working in shitty retail management because I still haven't decided what I'm going to do with myself. But I got my education wrapped up, management experience and easy money, and once I have figured out my life game, I can use both to propell myself into whatever field I fancy.

You said you didn't go to Uni, fucking do it. You will have the greatest time of your life, even if you're not into partying or slaying women (fyi it's still fucking easy even if you're dyel) the free time and discipline you gain from it will last a lifetime. Just don't pick a worthless subject and don't have "too much" fun and fuck your grades up.

Who knows at the end of 3/4 you might have an idea, but don't settle for a piece of shit bottom of the ladder job for eternity because that's what I did for a year, and I was depressed as fuck.

And to keep this fitness related uni/college is a swell time to lift.
>>
>>41878944
Thanks dude.

Also I'm an autist so I've literally never ordered in a pub/bar before. How the fuck do you order without sounding retarded?
>>
File: ay.jpg (13KB, 137x368px) Image search: [Google]
ay.jpg
13KB, 137x368px
Quick question.

I was 40 pounds overweight in January. Slowly getting to my ideal weight. My plan is to start bulking once I get to less than 15%bf (may still require 3 months of diet and exercise).

The thing is, I'm lifting since January as well. I'm giving it all at the gym, but of course my progress is not ideal since I'm also losing a pound per week, so I don't have big muscles.

Is it recommended to start lifting before you begin bulking phase and when you are in your losing weight phase? Did I fuck it up.
>>
>>41879363
Well you're in London like me, so I know you'll be fine saying something like 'alright mate, I'll have a Gin and Tonic please' and a 'Cheers' or 'ta' once you've paid and got your change is normal enough. Don't overthink it, the bar staff won't notice if you mispronounce anything, half the idiots do that already, it's nothing new to them. You'll be fine
>>
>>41879405
It's a long process bro, just keep chasing your goal; sounds like you're doing fine. You shouldn't expect to put on a lot of muscle when you're cutting after the first couple months.

Only thing I'd recommend is when you're done cutting sit at maintenance for a couple of weeks to make sure you know how many calories you should be getting and to give your body a chance to chill.
>>
>>41879327
That's a cartoon anon, it's not real
>>
>>41879470
Thanks, man!

I'm really into fitness now. Lifting is literally the highlight of my day. I only regret not having started earlier... I'm in my late 20's now :(

Still, I will make it. I'm sure I will.
>>
How do I get harder boners, /fit/? Mine are kinda weak.
>>
>Girl from my class wanted to watch tv at her place this week
>asked her yesterday if she's free that day
>'not today, tomorrow'
>be today, ask her if it's happening
>she just wrote she still has to learn for the upcoming exams

The excuse for the today might actually be legit, but two days in a row... Even I can see that there's something wrong.

What do, /fit/?
>>
1if I start doing nukols 2xbeginner bench do I do that while doing ss and just bench twice a week always? Or how does this work or do I combine the squat one with the others. Also 2x a week or 3x
This me
>>41857929 (You)
>>
>>41879535
Leave it. Don't pester her, wait for her to bring it up again - otherwise you risk seeming too desperate and she's likely to lose any interest. Just continue acting normally because she clearly likes you enough to suggest it in the first place.
>>
>>41879608
Thank you buddy, this is some good advice.
I also shouldn't mention it when I see her the next time, right?
>>
>>41879460
Thanks man. I just hope I don't choke on it because I've never had alcohol other than a glass of wine. I really can't take alcohol well, I'll look like a retard drinking it
>>
>>41879354
Thanks dude. I'll keep your advice in mind. Reminds me of my dad who always says "a doctor can become a McDonald's worker but a McDonald's worker can't become a doctor".

Good luck with your job too!
>>
>>41878246
Stronglifts 5x5 man. It'll have you squatting 3 times a week with a decent volume, and good progression as well
>>
File: unnamed.jpg (19KB, 486x648px) Image search: [Google]
unnamed.jpg
19KB, 486x648px
Dropped 100 lbs, have been blessed very little or no loose skin

However this line on my bottom gut has never been there before. Sometimes it's not there, other times it's very visible. Pic related is about somewhere in between & this was right after a workout (so I know it's not from sitting down or posture)

Any guesses? I assume it will go away the more I cut
>>
Can compression garments help reduce the appearance of loose skin after a cut?
>>
How do I do Kegel exercizes for my pelvic floor? Just retracting your anus like you're trying not to shit your pants? Is that it?
>>
>>41879725
No worries mate, if it's that bad you can lie and say you have to drive somewhere later (if you have a car, or haven't told them you don't have one) - for example 'I would, but I drove to the station and have to drive home from there, so I'll just have a soft drink.'
>>
I've been doing hamstring stretches every day for a month with ZERO results.

I can't lower the bar below the knees while keeping my legs straight, it's completely fucking up my DL.

wat do?
>>
>>41880648
For a conventional deadlift you bend your knees, I don't see the problem?

If you mean Romanian, either prop up the bar on suitable steps to increase the height so you can reach the bar or you could instead do rack pulls
>>
Can I drink water during an intermittent fast?
>>
>>41880778
Yes
>>
Where is 531 forever pdf guys?
>>
>>41880648

How long are you holding the stretch? How hard are you stretching them?

I used to do olympic diving, and we hit hamstring stretches like 6 different ways before we were even finished warming up
>>
I just realized, after about a month of lifting, that I cannot for the love of God keep my back straight. It always rounds up which is causing all kinds of issues for me. Life as a fat ass nerd with no friends fucked my back. The fatassery is gone but I can't control my back at all.

Are there any exercises or general tips as to how to achieve a neutral back? It's fucking up all my lifts and I really fucking hate it.
>>
>>41880778
Of course. You should drink loads of water. You're also allowed to consume coffee, tea and BCAA's.

IF is not ramadan
>>
Doing SS and am struggling with my overhead presses. I'm struggling to lift anything more than the bar, while I've already moved past 1pl8 for squats and dealifts. Benchpress is still at 1pl8.

Any ideas why my overhead is lacking?
>>
File: cute_snek.webm (3MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
cute_snek.webm
3MB, 1280x720px
Decided to lose some weight. Started doing running sessions. Normally did at least 8,4 km in 55 minutes 3-4 times every week. Now increased it to 13,36 km in 1,5 hour.
Am I going to make it? pic unrelated
>>
>>41881150

It is just a very slow lift to progress, because of the big 4 lifts, it uses the least overall muscle mass, and thus for every % those muscles grow, its less of an absolute difference to the force they can output.

Make sure you are eating enough and your form is right (tight as fuck core and glutes during the lift), also consider using a false/thumbless grip, its not as dangerous as you'd think, give it a try with just the bar, and it helps more effectively drive force through the bar.
>>
I am stuck with 115lb at bench press. How to improve it? Deload and high rep?
>>
>>41881303
It's good that you're making such progress, but if you really want to lose weight, diet should be the first thing on your mind. Count your calories and eat at a deficit, you'll see far faster weight loss than by just adding exercise (which will most likely attribute to very little if any substantial weight loss).
>>
>>41876752
About a month into Strong lifts 5x5, progression is going well. Joined a boxing gym so I have something to do on rest days. But I'm starting to do cardio for boxing. I'm really invested in it and I run from my work to boxing 3km, train for an hour and a half maybe more then run back to work where my car is parked. I decided to put 2 rest days between my lifting days to make sure my body has enough time to rest. but am I doing too much cardio? Keep in mind I got this idea reading people commenting on "too" much cardio. can someone confirm if this is a meme or I might actually be doing too much?
>>
>>41881327

Check your form is good.
Watch Dave Tate's video on bench form, also jennifer Thompson has a great video on bench form too.

Other than that, bench more often, I find doing it once or twice a week is not enough for me to make progress. Do some higher rep work too.
if your bench is failing at the bottom portion of the lift, start doing wider grip bench as assistance, if the top of the rep is failing, do a closer grip bench for assistance.
>>
>>41881345
>diet should be the first thing on your mind
Not sure if it counts but I already stopped drinking sugary drinks and beer and replaced them for water or black tea witch a slice of lemon (no sugar). Changed white bread to a dark one, and smear it with processed cheese instead of butter. For dinner I normally eat chicken breast with mashed potatoes and salad.
>>
>>41881391
Thank you. I do 3x full body workout with bench, squat, chin-up, bicep curl and lateral raise.
>>
Does that 28 Day fast thing actually work?
>>
>>41881443

bump
>>
File: Selection_279.png (30KB, 736x340px) Image search: [Google]
Selection_279.png
30KB, 736x340px
Is this false?
>>
>>41881636
Almost an absolute meme. Don't bother with weird training like this unless u have hit 1/2/3/4 and wanna go for an extremely aesthetic look
>>
>>41881693

I ask because I've started a PPL routine with plenty of accessories, and I'm unsure whether I stick to my 10-12RM.

I feel like I'm not getting enough out of my workouts when, by the third set, I can only hit 4-5 reps. What do you do?
>>
>>41881772
whether I should* stick to my 10-12RM throughout.
>>
Lanklet here
Started ss today
I uh, may have fucked my form up or had too much weight (just had 20 kg on squats and deadlift) and may have snapped something

I was gonna get a pt to just look at my form and shit on next monday but I was itching to get started so I did my first lifting today

Am I going to not make it?
Can I just go to literally baby weight and work it up from there or should I just quit completely now that I kind of fucked my back up probably
>>
>>41879354
How old is weird to go to university? I was a dumb shit who didn't want to go, and wasted 3 years. Now I see all these young 17 year olds going and I'm 21. I feel like I fucked up.

The only thing I would care about learning is languages, but that would probably lead to no job.

I don't know
>>
File: SODIUM LEVELS OVER.png (29KB, 720x170px) Image search: [Google]
SODIUM LEVELS OVER.png
29KB, 720x170px
WHY THE FUCK DOES SOME HOT DOGS HAVE SO MUCH SALT?!
>>
>>41877764
Work at a gym you fag
Even you can work a register and clean the dumbells
>>
>>41881946
Add flavor to the lips and anus that make up hotdogs...
>>
File: 1493326006945.jpg (119KB, 989x1200px) Image search: [Google]
1493326006945.jpg
119KB, 989x1200px
>>41876752
What are some good Upper/Lower programs?
Did trappy chan post some templates?
>>
>>41881950
But for the rest of my life? Working at a gym?
>>
>>41881915
persistance is the key, you will make it, just keep going to the gym and you'll see progress.
we are all gonna make it.
>>
>>41882131
moron that's not how things work.
you do things you need so you can do things you like.
slowly but surely you will become goon enough at the thing you like to make you money.
>>
>>41881915
Union skilled trades.
>>
>>41882252
Fuck quoted wrong guy meant for
>>41877764
>>
If I need to be in my best mental state for exams and if I haven't gotten over keto flu by then... how bad would it be, or would it even make a difference to just start eating normally again for a little while?
>>
>>41882181
>slowly but surely you will become goon enough at the thing you like to make you money.
I don't like anything other than lifting and learning languages
Now how is that gonna make me money
>>
File: IMG_2320.png (333KB, 640x960px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2320.png
333KB, 640x960px
What does /fit/ think of All Pro's Beginner Routine?
>>
>>41882290
You'll be fine anon, your exams are more important. You can always jump back into keto later.
>>
>>41881920

I'm doing a degree in Spanish/translation because I want to be a translator. It's worth doing because A) you can get lots of gigs as a translator and are mostly independent (and can also be an interpreter) B) your job prospects rise the more languages you know and C) it's rewarding in itself, plus real good as something to put on your CV. You can also go into history through a languages degree or specialize in academic bullshit or linguistics and write papers forever or travel around as a lecturer doing research and whatnot.
>>
>>41881915

Just B careful and learn the form senpai, read the book, a lot of it is Marcus Rippleshire posturing on some autistic stuff and rambling on but he teaches a lotta good shit to do with form and lifting philosophies. Also, I did SS for a while and am now doing a different routine and after a grand total of about 3 1/2 months of lifting I'm squatting 100kg so trust me what seems heavy today will be fucking nothing eventually.
>>
apparently i have really shitty core strength. what do?
>>
>>41882341
Sounds pretty sweet. What country are you from? I was thinking of doing Spanish with German or French. I'm in the UK and most courses have two languages.
>>
This is more health related than fitness,
but I have an extreme gag reflex that is triggered even if i just touch around the center of my tongue with my finger.
It's so bad that i can't clean my tongue properly, and it's constantly discolored.
In fact, i can't even really french kiss girls like this without gagging.
I need serious help please. How do i loosen up my gag reflex and also keep my tongue clean?
>>
>>41879725
I'm recovering alcoholic and order iced tea when I'm out or soda whatever to be social. I guess I can't really sympathize because the alternative is I tie one on embarrass the shit out of myself, but id say ninety percent of people don't really care or notice.

Also do not order a gin and tonic as a beginner. Maybe different for britbongs but gin tastes like pine sol.

Vodka and club soda with a lime.
>>
need a wonder routine to drink less alcohol but still still be awesome.
its literally the only thing thing standing in the way of an 8.5/10 face and $$$
>>
>>41882304
>lifting
modeling, pro bodybuilding, powerlifting, or just landing someone with money.
>languages
translator, guide, correcting people's writing for money.

there's things you can do with everything.
>>
File: spooky skeleton.gif (116KB, 172x257px) Image search: [Google]
spooky skeleton.gif
116KB, 172x257px
>>41882364

lel I go to Hull actually senpai. I'm just finishing my year abroad now in Granada (lol I hardly ever went to class and failed all my exams but they don't actually count :^D ) and I finish next year. I'm Portuguese but moved to England when I was 12 and taught myself English beforehand by playing vidya and watching cartoons. Language degrees aren't amazing, but they certainly pay the bills and offer a lot of freedom in terms of how and where/when you work, plus are valuable in general for any job (anyone likes someone who speaks languages) and regardless of what people tell you, not everyone speaks English and not to an amazing degree and not everyone WANTS to speak English and there will always be new novels, video games, movies etc to translate. The work is honestly very steady, but expect a lot of tedious translations of leaflets and whatnot (I mean I'm still a student but this is according to the research I've done).

Translation theory is genuinely interesting though and requires a lot of creative thinking, especially for puns. I really recommend both Mona Baker's in other words and David Crystal's rediscover grammar. I'm actually doing Spanish/translation specifically because the academic/theoretical side appeals to me. There's even ethics and philosophy involved (should you translate certain parts of religious texts ad verbatim? Should you emulate the particular tone and style or the writer? how would you do so for the foreign audience? etc). There is some linguistics involved in my translations course though and I had to write an empirical research paper (which was on memes and I got a first).

Anyways I rambled a bit but I just did it so you'd get an idea of what its like. It's mostly girls who do languages btw and they're all cliquey as fuck. Good luck if you wanna do languages senpai and remember to try out different unis who offer different combinations of languages/language related courses.
>>
>>41882414
I've tried stuff like translating, etc. but I'm so bad at marketing myself I get nowhere. Even starting on sites like odesk I never get a job.

Can fitness modeling actually be a well paying job? Would you have to have some highly followed Instagram?
>>
>>41882437
Sweet, that sounds fun. I realized that I was spending all my free time looking up facts on linguistics and learning languages. I shouldn't have wasted years, now not only will I have the gender thing stacked against me, but I'll be years older too.

You've given me something to think about, thanks anon and good luck with all the rest of your exams!
>>
>>41882486

Normie girls are just typically Stacy af and therefore like languages because they directly relate to socialization, but don't let that intimidate you. there'll be other guys too and so the bond will just be stronger. Don't worry about being 21 either, in my first year there was a 50-something year old guy and my best friend from my class is 31 and he's also my lifting buddy. You'll fit in fine. Go in during open days and research unis and whatnot. Hull is pretty decent, Manchester is pretty good, I've heard Coventry is alright too. Good luck man.

Oh, and if you have free electives, use them as opportunities to try out a language you're interested in. I've tried out French, Italian and Japanese and I liked them all and want to learn them now.
>>
>>41882515
Thanks again for the advice bro

Would you suggest trying to get in during clearing/late applications? I don't want to delay another year but I don't want to rush either.

I'm learning Korean and Russian at the side so I'd love extra courses on that, I wish unis had a bit more options
>>
>>41882551
Oh shit just had a look and my a level results weren't that good to get in most places. Damn it
>>
File: sleepy pep.png (35KB, 786x618px) Image search: [Google]
sleepy pep.png
35KB, 786x618px
>>41882551

It depends on the uni. The most popular languages are obviously the ones that'll be offered. and it depends on you man. Do you feel you need to go right this minute? I might add that at least at my uni, you need to spend a year abroad for the languages you're studying (spread out over a year, so a few months in X and Y countries, depending if you do more than one language) but if you've lived in these countries first, you don't need to do it, so you might want to move somewhere for a year if you don't fancy the year abroad.

and it also depends on your grades. You might want to apply next year for a tippy top uni or if you're not bothered you can go to one of the more average ones. It doesn't matter TOO much though because as we all know experience trumps academic pedigree.

If you wanna give me an email or whatever I don't mind answering more questions later, but I'm about to hit the hay. Whereabouts in the UK are you?
>>
>>41882592
I might try applying for clearing this year anyway and if not just try next year. I don't think I can even redo my exams as they were from an old curriculum. I wonder how older people who had bad a levels get into university.

My email is [email protected], thank you for helping! I'm gonna hit the hay too, I've been panicking about my future so much this week I'm exhausted. I'm in London.
>>
>>41882584

what did you get senpai? If you personally go to a uni and explain your situation and your interview and personal statement are good, you might get in anyways. They might ask you to do a foundation year though.

>>41882661

Farewell Kamen Rider
>>
>>41882441
i'm not marketing specialist myself, but obviously you have to present yourself to the world one way or another so an instagram would be a start yes.
>>
If I get the shits after eating a meal, should I eat something else more to make up for it?
>>
Ok guys I need some help(?) When ever I cum no matter how often I the first spurt is normal clear semen(pearly white if I have been eating celery) but the following spurts are more yellowish and have this jelly like granules that are snoot colored(like yellow-ish green).
I wnet to a doctor and he told me "your sperm is perfect lmao", but the last girl I fucked got grossed out and thought I was sick with an STD or some shit(she stopped bothering me when she took various tests and saw there was nothing wrong with her).

Anyone else has this problem, what the fuck does it mean?
>>
>>41878327
>what do you bench?
>the big rocks nigga
>>
Thoughts on lentils?
>>
>>41881636
>>41881772

Bumping this.
>>
>>41883068
quinoa is better, DESU. Lentils is for vegans fags, but quinoa is an actual superfood of sorts
>>
>>41879021
Romanian deadlift, but start out very light. Learn how to hinge at the waist and keep core tightness, this will put more of the load on your hammies and glutes
>>
>>41878416
No she is still dirty maybe even dirtier and stinky in the vagina. I want a human female who does NOT do any of that except maybe pee but not too much and it's not the smelly yellow kind. And she has to be very pretty.
>>
File: doggo in a cheetos bag.jpg (71KB, 500x667px) Image search: [Google]
doggo in a cheetos bag.jpg
71KB, 500x667px
If I take creatine and notice my hair starts thinning, and then I immediately cut it out when I notice it, will my hair go back to normal? My dad took creatine back in the day and his hair is looking pretty thin now (granted he is 50) and I dont know if I've been cursed with those genetics yet. I'm 18 and have a full healthy head of hair btw
>>
how often should one do abs? can i do planks on my rest days?
>>
>>41883099
G8 b8 m8. How bored are you really
>>
>>41883035
>lmao 1sl8
>niggas got his plates lookin like bowls
>>
>>41883186
>planks on rest days
Unless you're doing advanced plank variations then asking if you can plank on rest day is like asking if you can sit on your couch on rest day. Basically by the time you can hold a 1min plank you have surpassed the need for more static planks.
>>
How do I get DOMS again? I miss having an actual tangible indicator that gains were going to be coming my way.
>>
>>41883035
Lmao
>>
File: Greyskull.png (19KB, 700x600px) Image search: [Google]
Greyskull.png
19KB, 700x600px
>>41876752
Been doing Greyskull LP + C25k while cutting to lose weight. Noticed recently that I'm in serious t-rex mode, my upper body isn't nearly as developed as my lower body. Thinking of upping my Bench and OHP from sets of 3x5 to sets of 5x5 in order to fix the imbalance. Is this a good idea/will it be enough?
>>
>>41876752
how do i tell the difference between using my chest and using my triceps in a bench press
>>
File: IMG_1598.jpg (351KB, 1459x1151px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1598.jpg
351KB, 1459x1151px
My lats are lacking, which lat exercises are the most effective for mass? I do pullups, rows, DLs but still look like a latlet
>>
>>41883827

Lateral raises.
>>
>>41883624
Consider increasing the rep range on your upper body movements, including pull ups and rows. Try doing 4 to 5 sets of 8-10 reps. I usually start off with a set of 9 or 10, then a set of 8, another set of 8, set of 7 then a set of 5 to 6. Aim for an average of about 7 to 8 reps per set.
>>
Is there a rule of thumb for the number of carbohydrates you should consume like how they say 1g protein per lbs or anything of that nature?
(trying to gain muscle, weight loss is not an issue)

Also what would be a good source of healthy carbs?
>>
should I be doing as many reps as I can every set?
>>
>>41884531
No.
>>
>>41884544
well what should I be doing
>>
>>41876819
2 packs of tuna
(140 kcal, 32g protein)
Cottage cheese, 3 servings
(330 kcal, 39g protein)
Whole wheat toast, 3 slices
(210 kcal, 6g protein)

It's like tuna salad on steroids
>>
>>41877764
apprenticeship, work a skilled trade. ez 100k a year, more if you own a business. none of which requires a degree
>>
>>41878036
do UL or PPL split, brosplits are shit for building muscle because 1x week frequency
>>
How much cardio should i be doing weekly to cut bodyfat and get leaner?

I am currently 183cm 90kg
>>
>>41884603
Also, should I be running or doing steady state cardio?
>>
>>41884603
you don't lose fat working out, you lose fat eating less.

Cardio can help for sure, but 90% of the process is diet.
>>
File: Plan2.png (30KB, 681x463px) Image search: [Google]
Plan2.png
30KB, 681x463px
Very soon I will be a former fat sack of shit and will finally change from cutting to maintenance.

I've done all the calculations and came up with pic related but here's the problem... I've never bulked or remained at maintenance like a healthy, normal human being before so I am not sure what my macro spread should be at this many calories.

Can I get one of you to take a look at the highlighted areas and give me some recommendations? Any help would be greatly appreciated. For a basic jist I kept my protein a bit high because I'll be lifting/running 3 days each a week, respectively. Fat at .5 for goal weight and then filled the rest with carbs. Thoughts?
>>
Can I lose fat by just walking? Can't run because of fucked up knee but I can walk. Will walking an hour a few times a week help?
>>
>>41884666
A friend of mine walks 45 min to work 5 days a week and has lost 8 pounds in a few weeks
>>
>>41878590
joint pain and being worn down
>>
>>41884643
Im eating in a caloric defict, I just want to speed it up by doing cardio.

So how many minutes/hours a week should I be doing cardio?

Should I be running each time or can I do steady state on a bike?
>>
When you guys talk about oats/oatmeal are you speaking about the prepacked Quaker brand shit or just the oats in a bag one might put on yogurt?
>>
>>41884701
It's a bad answer, but literally anything helps. It doesn't matter how much you do as long as you get your heart rate going.
>>
>>41878089
bulk until you're too fat to look at yourself in the mirror happily
>>
>>41884828
Typically either the old fashioned rolled oats or steel cut oats. I personally far prefer the steel cut. Rolled oats get too mushy
>>
>>41883827
Deadlifts aren't great for lat hypertrophy. Neutral grip chins are more efficient than supine or prone, so you may be able to work a few additional reps with those. Also try rows at an easier weight for longer sets, and don't be afraid to cheat a couple reps. Rows seem to respond pretty well to cheaty reps
>>
>>41884531
>>41884544
>>41884557
Seconding. Why the fuck not?
>>
So I've been drinking skim milk all my life and the taste of whole milk is kind of revolting to me. What are the downsides of skim vs whole? It looks to me like I would still be hitting protein goals with skim.
>>
File: image.png (103KB, 500x387px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
103KB, 500x387px
Is it a good idea to be doing starting strength WITH a split after the SS workouts? I train 5 days a week with focus on each muscle group twice a week but on every single day i do OHP bench etc.

Is this a good idea?
>>
File: whole-grain-bread.jpg (203KB, 1024x750px) Image search: [Google]
whole-grain-bread.jpg
203KB, 1024x750px
Are peanut butter sandwiches a meme? Should I switch to regular ham and cheese?

Also, creamy or crunchy PB?
>>
Thoughts on landmine press for upper chest?
>>
I bought a standing pull up bar with rings. I want to do compound lifts on MWF and "accessory" body weight shit on Tuesday and Thursday. Is this an ok idea?
>>
>>41878246
are you literally me?
>bench 180
>OHP 105
>squats been sucking ass
>plays tennis
>>
>>41878500
close grip isnt really good for chest since it uses a lot more tricep than normal bench
instead of benching 5 sets of 10 try a 10,8,6 format and increase the weight by about 10-15 pounds each set
I also recommend a shit ton of push ups since I feel the pump really good and my bench has been going up with the amount of push ups that i have been doing
>benching 205
>>
>>41876752
how would one achieve a body like this
>>
>>41879634
Dont bring it up if she doesnt and if she doesnt in a couple weeks then ask. Dont go be a beta bitch and trail after her like a puppy dog. Do your own shit and if she suggested once then she will suggest again
>>
Best way to treat stretch marks?
>>
Really hoping someone has an answer for this cause it sucks, it's plagued me for a while but I virtually never come to these threads so I never thought to ask but:

sometimes when I squat I get a searing pain all throughout my quad to the point that I can hardly walk/stand up and when I finally make it out to my car I feel like I'm legit risking crashing to make it home. I have a high pain tolerance, I've broken tons of bones and this is right up there with any pain I've ever felt other than my collarbone in a ski accident (worst pain by far)

This pain will persist for about 30 minutes (almost like cramping I guess) and then go away. The next day I am fine and I never have pain in it otherwise. It's happened 3 times two I was squatting 1 I was deadlifting all three I was doing pretty heavy weight (relative to my own strength of course)

I hate doing lunges or pussy leg machines but I don't even want to take the risk of squatting now the pain is insane for what could be almost an hour
>>
>>41885683
forgot to add that I pretty extensively warm up before lifting legs. I'll bike or jog for a few mins, then roll out, then do some super light stuff, then stretch, then start doing real sets so my muscles are definitely warmed up properly
>>
>>41884037
5-7 grams of carbs as Ive read in a couple fitness books but I have not implemented it. Vegetables are always good source of carbs so green beans pinto beans and broccoli and shit
>>
If you're doing 8-12 reps on a set but can only do 6. Do you wait like 30 seconds and finish the set?
>>
>>41885738
drop the weight. If you're supposed to be doing 4x12 and can only get 6 on your 2nd or 3rd set, you're using too much weight. Obviously.

If it's your last set push to exhaustion, doesn't matter if you come up a few short youll get closer next time, and next time, until you hit all 4x12 and then step up the weight slightly
>>
>>41885683
>>41885706
How long have you been squatting? I have only very recently started ramping up my squat and I sometimes have a searing pain in my quads but I would definitely not rate it as such a high pain. Ive blamed my relatively high increase in weight on the bar as the cause of my problem but I am not sure if we have the same thing
I recommend not doing static stretching before you lift because that can lead to the extended muscle being tight when you lift. swing your legs around after stretching and bounce forward and out of stretch and roll out after squatting
>>
>>41885777
I've been working out for 10ish years injuries have never been an issue until the last 2. At first my lower back killed when I squatted and I took a long enough break that that went away but now my leg fucking seizes up and feels like its been shot. Fucking sucks man I actually enjoy squatting.

>I recommend not doing static stretching
At the risk of sounding like a douche, I included a brief overview of the warmup because I know exactly what I'm doing there (I do what my college strength coach had us do before weightroom sessions) and know that's not the problem. Your right, static stretching is counterproductive for cold muscles but that's why I jog first (kinda like swinging your legs around lol) then foam roll, then do some bodyweight/lightweight stuff, THEN stretch.

I'm properly warmed up and ready to go. this has never been an issue before :/
>>
I have cancer, and lots litterally 20 pounds of muscle. my stats before cancer and chemo were

squats - 345 x 5
bench- 275 x 5
ohp - 185 x 5
deads - 405 x 5
(reason for 5s is i rarely test 1rms)

currently ive only tested bench and i can do about 165 x 5.

how long in your guys opinion, when the cancer and chemo are done, will I be able to get back to my old numbers
>>
I had to take a break because I was in an accident. now I've come back and got that pain when you work out for the first time but I forget what it's called. should I work out anyways?
>>
Can you really maintain an erection while lifting heavy weights or is it a porn meme?
>>
>>41878310
wow you're the worst person I've ever seen on this board
>>
>>41878310
Please tell me you're joking...I need this
>>
>>41878310
post body please
>>
>>41878944
" hey anon, what can I get ya?"
"I'll have a whiskey sour please"
Easy as that m8.
>>
>>41879363
See>>41886022
Replied to wrong post
>>
>>41881920
Dude, plenty of people start late, better now than never.
>>
>>41885212
if you train 5 days a week you're not doing SS.
>>
File: Photo on 6-21-17 at 10.00 PM.jpg (209KB, 1080x720px) Image search: [Google]
Photo on 6-21-17 at 10.00 PM.jpg
209KB, 1080x720px
Can anyone tell me what my ass would look like once I finish my cut? I look pretty good everywhere, but I have a ton of fat in my ass/lowerback/upperleg area and its driving me mad
>>
>>41885937
Typically if you're exercising blood won't be circulating in your penis.

>>41885920
DOMS and ofc keep working out it goes away pussy

>>41885910
I'm gonna be blunt man, losing that much muscle is going to absolutely shit on you as far as muscle memory and regains are concerned. It will probably take a while, though not as long as when you first started out.

Godspeed anon.

>>41886078
Jesus christ anon you have genuine hank hill ass
>>
I've had some back and leg pain on and off that has been bothering me a lot recently. Today I did seated calf raises for the first time in a while and it instantly felt 100% better. What is the probable issue and what can I do to help it go away more permanently?
>>
>>41886116
>DOMS and ofc keep working out it goes away pussy
Th-thanks brah
>>
File: IMG_0538.jpg (10KB, 321x272px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0538.jpg
10KB, 321x272px
>>41886078
this is what u look like kek
>>
>>41886078
>>41886223

that butt aint right I tell ya hwat
>>
So what's the deal with squat shoes?
Don't you want your heels flat on the ground? Isn't having platform heels "cheating"?
>>
Is it a good idea for me to work out 5 days a week on a cut? I really wany to get rid of the fat on my body.

Already doing a low carb diet and intermittent fasting.
>>
>>41886407
absolutely fucking not. There's no point, especially if you're a beginner which you clearly are.
>>
>>41886515
But I recall the sticky saying to work out more if your goal is to lose fat
>>
The stick is down. I feel so lost. Does anyone have an archived version?

>tfw the all knowing guide is down and you're stuck in the darkness forever
>>
File: Doomguy.png (89KB, 283x244px) Image search: [Google]
Doomguy.png
89KB, 283x244px
>>41886550
way to go: you didn't read the fucking sticky.

Want to lose weight? DIET.

Want to gain muscle? DIET.

Want to get big? DIET.

DIET DIET DIET DIET DO YOU FUCKING UNDERSTAND

GO READ THE FUCKING STICKY
>>
>>41886566
Its gone now. And I am dieting. I'm eating at a deficit and meeting all my macros.

I already bulked while doing Greyskull.
>>
yes >>41886515
>>41886515
>>41886566
do not listen to that retard. If you want to lose weight, obviously dieting is huge but adding in working out only speeds up the process. There is no legitmate explanation where working out on a diet causes that diet to be less effective. That is complete and utter bullshit. The more you move, the more weight you will lose. Period.

Probably not a great idea to do a powerlifting routine on a calorie deficit, but by all means working out will only help you lose weight as you diet.
>>
this >>41886624
was meant for >>41886407

do not listen to retards telling you working out is not conducive to losing weight. the more you move, the more calories you burn, the more weight you will lose. Combine that will eating less and higher nutririous calories and you and doubling up on losing
>>
>>41886624
>>41886630
I meant that it's pretty dumb to do 5 days on a cut, as it's gonna drain his energy pretty hard and chances are he's not gonna have enough recovery time.

Of course working out on a deficit is recommended, but diet is absolutely the biggest part. Lifting weights will maybe knock 100-200 calories off your day depending on your intensity. Even cardio isn't that big on calories.

Of course still do it, but don't depend on it for pure fat loss.

also I'm angry because I was arguing with a retard in another thread so my post is more vitriolic than it should've been.
>>
>>41886624
Currently doing calisthenics because I don't have a gym right now, feeling unsatisfied. Tomorrow I'm going to look at gyms to sign up. I don't think I'll be doing a powerlifting routine, but I'll definitely do the major compound movements at a lighter weight.
>>
>>41886660
Calisthenics and basic cardio is for some reason more effective when it comes to losing weight.
>>
>>41886660
as long as you space things out enough go as much as you like. Golden rule is 72 hours, so if you work chest and shoulders Monday night, then you shouldn't do anything that works those same muscles till Thursday night. Doing back Tuesday then not again till Friday. Legs/core Wednesday then not again until Saturday yadda yadda you get the idea. If anything is sore don't push it, let you body heal and give it a fourth day
>>
>>41886695
Interesting. I'll mix in lifting with calisthenics. I'm also doing c25k with heavy bag work
>>
File: elbowjointday.webm (1MB, 404x720px) Image search: [Google]
elbowjointday.webm
1MB, 404x720px
What is this targeting?
>>
>>41886728
triceps? shoulders? just because she's a roastie poking her ass out doesn't mean no workout
>>
File: 1398891320223.jpg (27KB, 285x298px) Image search: [Google]
1398891320223.jpg
27KB, 285x298px
>>41886728
my dick
Also triceps supposedly, but she's swinging too much
>>
>>41886728
tris mainly but she shouldn't be swinging her arm like that it should be controlled so it doesn't look so awkward
>>
>>41886728
Triceps
>>
>>41886728
Thumbs, from all the instagram likes she's hounding.

Also, sweet mother of gawd.
>>
First bulk through winter (ausfag). When should I start cutting for summer? I thought 8 weeks before the start of the season would be reasonable but not too sure.
>>
>>41886784
Depends on how fat you are, how lean you want to get and how big the deficit will be.
>>
>>41886889
Makes sense. Will come back when it's time. Thanks anon
>>
>>41879532
Cardio, hydration, give up porn, make dark greens, fatty fish, and legumes the foundation of your diet, avoid soy.

MY QUESTION: Girlfriend was in a car crash about a year ago, really jacked her neck up, but she wants to get back into lifting; she's not supposed to use her upper trapezius or levator scapulae muscles, what are some good lifts, some lifts to avoid, how should she modify Starting Strength to accommodate this?
>>
>>41887072
Discuss this with a physical therapist or a doctor. I would hate for some dumbass's advice end up killing your gf

Then again, if I can't have a gf, nobody can. Overhead press my man
>>
I think Im gonna fail bench today
what do?
>>
>>41887211
Better to try and fail than to have never tried at all

Unless by failure you mean risk injury, then don't. If you're intimidated by the weight, don't be
>>
3 years lifting.

Current stats are
169lbs body weight

BP: 180lbs
OHP: 135lbs
Squats: 285lbs
Deadlift: 350lbs

Question: How do I off myself?
>>
File: 912847-417410-33.jpg (15KB, 390x168px) Image search: [Google]
912847-417410-33.jpg
15KB, 390x168px
why are you so quiet?
>>
When i squat my body has to go almost parallel else i lose balance and fall backwards. Should i just switch to something else or try to fix this somehow?
>>
noobfag here.
What are those 1/2/3/4 or 4/3/2/1 mean?
>>
>>41888318
1/2/3/4 refers to stats on certain lifts, it's sort of a strength goal:

1pl8 (135 lb) OHP
2pl8 (225 lb) bench
3pl8 (315 lb) squat
4pl8 (405 lb) deadlift
>>
>>41888298
your form is fucked up. Your center of gravity should be smack-dab in the middle of your foot.
>>
File: image.png (229KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
229KB, 1920x1080px
Are there any drawbacks to doing SS five days a week?
>>
>>41889208
Not enough gains,since you have bad recovery ?
Also if you can do SS 5 times a week, you aren't doing it right.
>>
>>41889236
But i can do it five times a week... Ive been benching/deadlifting/squatting/pressing at the highest weight i can do for five reps every weekday. Do i just have a high endurance or something? I dont really feel sore after working out.
>>
ARGHHH

My TDEE is 2500 and I'm at -1000 deficit because I want to be lean before I start bulking in the gym

How long is it going to take! I just want to gain!
>>
>>41889262
it sounds more like you're not lifting heavy enough. What are your stats?

>>41889308
it'll take as long as it took for you to get fat faggot
>>
>>41889262
Sounds like you don't have high stats. Or you're 16/on test.
>>
>>41889339
>>41889345
OHP: 75 x 5
Squat: 155 x 5
Bench: 135 (im starting to feel like i can do more) x 5
Deadlift: 185 x 5

Im 18 and weigh 193 pounds.
>>
>>41889386
So you're a complete novice. Well that explains a bit. How tall are you? How long do you rest between sets?

I'd stick to SS for 3x a week, but 2x a week do conditioning. Also eat more.
>>
>>41889409
Im 6'1" and my rest time varies, but its on average about 1:30.
>>
>>41889438
And how long have you been lifting? You're on the right path but yeah, you can lift those numbers 5x a week easily.
>>
>>41878246
Maybe I'm just T-rex mode but I can't fathom being able to bench 180 and only squat 135. Do you look like a natty Mr. Incredible?
>>
>>41889449
This is my third week going to the gym.
>>
>>41889063
That's what i'm asking. Even without bar with hands behind my head i can't squat without body going parallel
>>
File: 1488791683695.jpg (20KB, 500x259px) Image search: [Google]
1488791683695.jpg
20KB, 500x259px
I have to masturbate 2-3 times per day since I started training and gained some muscle mass. Please help, why am I so horny all the time?
>>
>>41890320
Not lifting hard enough.
>>
>>41889208
Rest times are necessary. Do a split instead.
>>
Can high squats fuck up your spine?
>>
>>41890465
If you do them wrong, yeah.
>>
>>41890479
What particular damage can improper form do?
>>
Can I get away with not squating? I find the entire movement extremely awkward and feelnlike if I fuck myself up it will be squating. Can I get j00cy without them?
>>
>>41890569
Worst case is snappedidy, enjoy your wheelchair
>>
is it too much if i rock climb on off days from doing SL 5x5
>>
>>41876752
I'm 6'0", 185lbs and with a 33" waist.

Is there a means of knowing how much I should weight? Been cutting and bulking and feel that the weight I am at now is good for me but i can't help but feel if I want to gain more for the sake of gaining muscle (correct me if i'm wrong).
>>
>>41890617
I'm panicking a little about my spine. Ever since yesterday's workout it's uncomfortable and there's a red mark around where the C7 vertebrae juts out. I also feel like the top of my spine may be jutting out further than is normal but since I'm both an extremely hungry skelly and I have never really taken a close look at my spine before, I can't be certain if I'm over thinking it or if there's really a problem. The weight I squatted wasn't particularly heavy (only 90lbs) but for my body it could have been too much.
>>
>>41890655
Just go to a doctor
>>
File: tumblr_o2e8fxgWrJ1ty264wo1_1280.jpg (599KB, 1280x1707px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_o2e8fxgWrJ1ty264wo1_1280.jpg
599KB, 1280x1707px
im legitimately addicted to porn, fapping, and internet despite having other hobbies how do i stop? the urge gets the hardest before i sleep and after i wake up, and the internet is literally all day.
>>
Should I fuck this 42 year old wannabe thot from tinder? She superliked me, and I have a milf fetish. I wanna eat pussy, I really wanna eat pussy, but I don't wanna get chlamydia in my throat from some old whore. This is fitness related cause I have a shirtless mirror pic on my profile.
>>
>>41878179
It's excuses and a mindset like that which makes you want to kill yourself. Try working maintainence at a hospital, and find a low level medical job that interests you (CNA, phlebotomist, X-ray tech). Jobs doing non medical work in hospitals typically pay decently, have good benefits, and often will pay for your schooling if it's medically related. So you can have a steady simple job, see exactly what the people in the potential career paths actually do on a day to day basis, and actually help people. I mopped floors in a hospital all the way through college and got my RN school paid for. You're gonna make it man, so long as you stop being a bitch and do something
>>
File: IMG_0241.jpg (34KB, 248x189px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0241.jpg
34KB, 248x189px
>>41889537
Ooh this got me
>>
>>41878903
If you don't want to drink alcohol just tell them you're a teetotaler and ask for something else.
>>
>>41890898
why not man, go have some fun and get tested
after
>>
>>41891101
Ehh, I messaged her saying I was only looking for hookups and instead of unmatching me she just said she can't garauntee sex if she hasn't met someone irl. I know she isn't looking for a relationship with an 18 year old at 42, I know she is looking for young cock, and I don't want a play games. I'm meeting up with a titcow Latina at 4 instead.
>>
File: upper.jpg (46KB, 165x214px) Image search: [Google]
upper.jpg
46KB, 165x214px
>>41876752
any saint has the PDF of pic related?
I want to do a Upper/Lower routine but my legs cant grow bigger to maintain proportions
>>
/fit/ how do I keep the hunger away? I'm trying to lose weight (10kg) and I use myfitnesspal to track my calorie intake. I have about 800 calories left for the day, which I know I will use for dinner. I've eaten small snacks already like apples, peppers, carrots, and peaches, and drank a lot of water, but I'm still crazy hungry. I don't want to binge eat and go over - any low-calorie satisfying suggestions?
>>
>>41891579
have proper meals instead of shitty small snacks
>>
How accurate of a measure of fitness is Symmetric Strength?
>>
>>41891620

I do have proper meals - I had an omelette and coffee with yogurt for breakfast today, and a chicken salad for lunch. The problem is I still get hungry, and don't want to snack a lot between meals.
>>
>>41891579
Just eat salads all the time. That stuff is basically just water.
>>
>>41889208
As other anons have said you're either hindering yourself by not allowing adequate recovery time/not pushing yourself enough/both.

If you've built a solid foundation of muscle, transition to a PPL split. What I do is

>Week 1
Push/Pull/Legs/Push/Pull/Rest/Rest

>Week 2
Pull/Push/Legs/Push/Pull/Rest/Rest

>Week 3
Push/Pull/Legs/Pull/Push/Rest/Rest

And just go hard on a given day's muscle groups.

If you're just starting out, SS or Reg Park's newb routine is more than adequate, just don't neglect cardio, 30 min on an elliptical every day is solid; a lot of people will tell you to avoid cardio but if you're a complete novice you're not trying to get jacked, you're trying to build a foundation, and your heart is the most important muscle of all, and the only time I advocate avoiding cardio is during a bulk.
>>
>>41878246
I've got similar lifts, anon. Maybe we should throw in squats a bit more? I've been throwing in body weight squats on cardio days, but thinking some more weighted.

Do you do front squats ever?
>>
>>41891674
stop wasting calories on breakfast, I eat a small natural yoghurt(67kcals and 5g proton) so it leaves room for more kcals at bvigger meals

also incorporate fats and fiber into your diet, avocadoes are goat and cut your hunger, a small hass one has arond 160kcals for all of it

also veggies and more veggies
>>
I've got a home gym. Is there a drawback to splitting my workout across the course of the day?
>>
I'm getting somewhat strange pain deep in my shoulders. Usually when I benchpress or other exercises involving the shoulder. Now I feel very slight pain when I just rotate my shoulders.

I've only been lifting like 2 months. What's going on?
>>
Is it worth it to use protein after a cardio workout? I feel like it should be reserved for high-intensity strength training workouts (also since protein shakes/bars/powders are expensive).
>>
File: 2.jpg (62KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
2.jpg
62KB, 500x500px
what's the best way to get my cardio in if it's above 100 degrees F every hour of the day?
>>
I have a standing desk work station. Pros/cons of doing weightless shrugs and calf raises besides looking like an insecure manlet tippytoeing who doesn't know wtf he's doing at work? Will I actually see any gains in my calves and traps by doing this all day?
>>
>>41892339
Do it in the morning and evening obviously. Stand up early for run in the dawn
>>
I'm 5'9" at 125lbs, on the very brink of entering underweight for my size. I've been bulking at around a 500 calorie surplus for a couple weeks now while doing SL and my weight hasn't changed at all.

I was wondering if my macros had anything to do with it (I don't get optimal protein but I manage 100g+ a day) and if I should shoot for a 1000 calorie surplus? Also would slipping in some junk food be alright to help with calories?

I don't want to be fat but I am tired of being so skinny, and I would like to build muscle efficiently so that my training doesn't feel like a waste.
>>
>>41883377
So a minute of plank every couple workouts?
>>
>>41887429
helium
kill your family too you retard
>>
What is the main argument for not starting with an "intermediate" program? I have all the time in the world during the summer so I'd like to start with a 6 day PPL, yet everyone says unequivocally start with 5x5 or SS.

What is the reasoning for this?
>>
Just started lifting. Sitting around 21% BF, but actually not in horrible shape because I run. Do i need to eat a surplus, or can I turn the excess fat into muscle?
>>
File: 1497276288113.jpg (254KB, 1335x1214px) Image search: [Google]
1497276288113.jpg
254KB, 1335x1214px
>>41893064
I was just about to ask something similar.

I started doing pic related. Am I overtraining?
>>
>>41893092
no, just do it stick with it and eat enough and you'll see gains.
>>
>>41893064
SS and 5x5 are for pure strength gains. Training for volume/size is a waste of time while you are still weak as shit.

A split makes sense anyway though if you plan on going like 5 days per week. Because you wouldn't give your muscles enough time to rest if would do a full body workout on every day.
>>
>>41877764
fracking.
>>
>>41893092
how do I make progress on my V-line like him?

I know the adonis belt is mostly genetics but is there anything to do that makes it pop out more like the one in the right? I'm almost auswchtiz mode on my cut and still only if I push out does it look like on the right, whern im relaxed its barely there which gives the illusion of fat whne im lean af
>>
why are 1-arm tricep pushdowns so much harder than the 2 hand version? It's the same movement
>>
>>41893393
Stabilizers
>>
do random backpage sluts give a shit if you're a lardass? I'm not even trying to fuck, I just wanna suck some titties and jack off on her face
>>
/fit/ I'm 25, recently graduated from a top university (albeit with a shitty gpa, flunked out twice, came back really strong for last 2 years though with a different major), studied stats/econ.

I have no idea what I want to do with my life though, I've been doing a security job for the past 3 or so months while thinking about it and I still can't figure it out, so I thought fuck it I'll just try to do whatever pays the most. What would you guys recommend me to go after? I'm in SoCal if that makes a difference.

Part of the reason why I've held off on applying for higher paying jobs is because of my insecurity and lack of drive in life but I want to change that. Pls respond.
>>
>>41893479
Why the fuck are you asking us? We only know how to lift heavy things and how to make our bodies get bigger or smaller.

>>41893420
Who gives a fuck
>>
>>41893498
>Why the fuck are you asking us?
Spent a lot of years and time on this board, Just felt like throwing it out there on an impulse to see what happens.
>>
Is a heart rate monitor on a smartwatch necessary?
>>
>>41893552
It's useful for cardio I guess
>>
is adding bodyweight stuff to ss a bad idea? i was thinking about doing like push-ups/chins/planks daily but i don't wanna fuck everything up
>>
>>41893645
It's fine if you add weights to push-ups and chins
>>
ordered like 20 protein samples from myprotein to find a decent flavour which leads me to the question

is it fine to like divide the scoop and amount of liquid so I can try it with water and with milk? since it's just 25g aka 1 scoop per sample
>>
>>41893696
no, halfscooping is dangerous
>>
>>41893696
My cousin died that way
>>
>>41893708
kek
just asking since I dont want to get memed and think it tastes nice since its just a bit, then order, have a scoop or two and find out its disgusting(happened with the stevia vanilla, 5kg of that garbage)
>>
File: armmm.png (73KB, 425x180px) Image search: [Google]
armmm.png
73KB, 425x180px
newbie lifter here
Recently I've been getting a sharp pain in my forearms (primarily my left) right around the red mark in the image. I can't express depth in a 2d photo, so the pain feels like it's towards the interior of my arm, as if it's adjacent to (but not coming from) my ulna.

It manifests during a lift utilizing my forearms and lasts as a dull ache for a while thereafter

google suggest either I'm not stretching properly/enough beforehand or I'm getting tendinitis

what do you guys think it is
>>
>>41879363
Be a man and order a double of whiskey with ice to start, then neat if you feel the need to consume more.
>>
>>41876752
I just ate a whole pound of cottage cheese.

Am I going to die?
>>
>>41893737
All the stevia tastes are shit, just so you know.
>>
>>41893807
Maybe
>>
Hey /fit/
I am a 5'8'' manlet at 205lbs
I am currently doing a SS + Accessories workout 3 days a week
Currently I am at:
OHP: 135 for 4
Bench: 205 for 3
Squat: 315 for 2
Deadlift: 365 for 2

I was wondering if I should switch over to a PPL routine, or wait until I am at 1/2/3/4
I am currently cutting at a 1k deficit
>>
few questions

1. should I be taking Vitamin D in the morning or before sleeping or whenever I feel like?

2. is it fine to take Vit D with ZMA or are there no interferences
>>
What's a good macros ratio for cutting? Currently doing 50:30:20 carbs:protein:fats
>>
>>41894183
I like to add more to fat and protein

fat is super underrated when it comes to satiety and promoting the balance of hormones
>>
When doing seated calf raises, I feel some kind of pressure around the front of my ankles and it doesn't really feel like pain, but it goes away a few minutes after I finish and hasn't caused any pain afterward. Is this normal?
>>
How do I overcome the weak beta part inside me?
>>
>>41894201
40:35:25 maybe?
>>
>>41894170
It's generally suggested to take the vitamin D supplement together with the largest meal of the day.
>>
>>41894225
add 20lbs to your OHP
>>
>>41894238
45 30 25 is what I'm doing but I end up a lot of times consuming less carbs and more protein
>>
>>41893741
pls help
>>
>>41894280
>>41893741
Stop training for a week. If the pain persists, then visit a doctor.
>>
>>41894276
Yeah I'm finding carbs a lot easier to cut than I thought, been lifting for about a year but diet was all over the place so I'm starting from like 20%
>>
>>41894225
Just think every time you make a decision: "Am I only not doing this because of fear?". If the answer is "Yes", then stop thinking and just do it.
>>
>>41894301
I actually force myself some carbs in since you need them for energy.

My meals are always some kind of protein(most ofd the times fish or seafood) with vegetables or salad, also plenty of fruit
>>
>>41894286
fuuuuuuuuuuuck
>>
>>41894351
And plenty of water has been helping me not feel hungry, I've been hitting about 3-4L a day for about 2 weeks now
>>
Can someone recommend me an intermediate 3x/week full body routine? I'm currently on ppl but I find that I don't usually have time to go to thr gym 6x a week.
>>
>>41890320
testosterone pumping boy, go out there and and fuck someone
Thread posts: 324
Thread images: 36

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.